2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Rogue st ls 3 wood

golfgolfguru

11 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Don't let the shaft influence the head if that tensei doesn't workout. I tried the 75x stock tensei av white and it was no bueno. But I've also never gotten along with any tensei shaft. 

I never do, generally I get along with GD Shafts or Fujikura which I have a couple of to pop into it. I will give the Tensei a good try but it was the only one they had in 75 gram and I was set on picking one up today. 

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 1

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Don't let the shaft influence the head if that tensei doesn't workout. I tried the 75x stock tensei av white and it was no bueno. But I've also never gotten along with any tensei shaft. 

Funny you say that. I demo’d the Tensei blue and white and the white was so good in this head for me. 30 minutes later I was fit into a driver that gave me 30 yards over my UNFIT Sim2. And I use the word “UNFIT” loosely…..

As a self professed (prior) TM fanboy, I am a huge fan of the whole Rogue ST line. 

• Like 1

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

My driver shaft adapter came loose so I left it at home today and played a full 18 with just the LS HL off the tee. Thing is a beast off the tee for me. No swoopy hooks like I get with other fairways. High launch but never really got eaten up by the wind too badly. The 15 degree would be a killer off the tee I bet, but I like the HL since I hit the ball low naturally. The 18 degree would be awesome, too, for the right spot in the bag for the right person. Very pleasing sound/feel when crushing it off the tee. 

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

Apex UW 19* DI 8x

P DHY 22* Ct-aper lite 110
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

1st round in the books and the 15* with the 75 S Tensei was really good, the shaft surprised me and seems to fit quite well. I found this 15* easier to hit a off the deck than the 16.5 EPIC speed, maybe just because it is new and I was trying to put good swings on it but it worked.

Hit it off the tee several times it is long for me, longer than the EPIC speed but being a bit lower loft that may be some of it but it felt hot. I was not expecting to like the Tensei but it worked so it will stay in the club for a few rounds and see how it goes.

Now it looks like I have to have a 5 wood....

• Like 2

SLED # 1  35.5

• 3 weeks later...

So everyone still loving their ST LS 3HL? I haven’t played in a couple weeks and the tinkerer in me is looking at alternatives….for no logical reason 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

3 hours ago, agood3putt said:

So everyone still loving their ST LS 3HL? I haven’t played in a couple weeks and the tinkerer in me is looking at alternatives….for no logical reason 

Yah still as good as anything else out there. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

The 15* LS is really shaping into a fun club, very reliable so far off a tee and even though I don't have a lot of SS it gets up pretty good off a decent fairway lie. More of a mid height for me, but runs like a deer most times.

Of course now i am toying with the idea of putting the GD AD MT in it too see how that works, darn fool in me just has to mess around with something that is working.....

LS 5 wood is inbound next week, I hope.

• Like 1

SLED # 1  35.5

5 wood came today, only 4 days after they figured out the grip issue, one of the things I like about Callaway is they have stock.

How some folks can wait months for common clubs is beyond me. I could see if it was JDM or super custom stuff, but months for Mizuno or Titleist irons is a real dedicated buyer. To each their own of course, I just have no patience waiting for clubs. 

SLED # 1  35.5

Hit the 15* on a third shot on a Par after smother hooking the driver and punching out, had 262 to the hole, now with all the stars aligned and down wind I might hit my driver that far one in 20 shots.

Made it to the front of the green, it rolled some but not all that much and on a rope. Now this was an outlier shot of course and I would play it for 220 or so max most of the time and be happy to see that.

I can imagine a young gun with some speed would see some crazy distance with these clubs. 

• Like 1

SLED # 1  35.5

I just bought the LS 18 degree with the Tensei Blue 75 stiff shaft.  It looks nice, and sets up neutral to very slightly open to my eye.  I am looking forward to giving it a whirl.  I have a Stealth Plus 5 wood and a Titleist 4 wood but have been inconsistent with both so far. I have always struggled with TaylorMade fairway woods; I tend to hook them all.  I am hoping that this Callaway fwy suits me better.  Going to try it tomorrow.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

On 3/26/2022 at 6:19 PM, Kale_m said:

If I order the 16.5 at 42.5” will Callaway adjust the swingweight for me? Why is a 16.5* fairway wood 43.25”?

Any luck with the swing weight adjustment? I too would rather play at 42.5". Looking at going with the HZRDUS Black 6.5 at 80 gram class vs 70 to make sure the feel is there.

On 4/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, leftycabe said:

Mine showed up with the wrong shaft but I’m still going to give it a shot. I’ll pry end up replacing the shaft anyway. I had ordered it at 42 1/2  but that of course was also incorrect. Has anyone else felt the standard length feels way too long for a 3 wood? It’s probably because I have always played mine shorter…

How did it go? Did you order it at -.75"? Curious as to what the swing weight came in at.

• 3 weeks later...

I tested the 3w at Dick's yesterday with the stock AV blue 65 S. I play a ventus black 6 x in my driver. I am going to take advantage of the trade in bonus but worried about the shaft. I actually like the Blue (i was surprised by it). Was going to go 75g but i am on the fence to go S or X. Any thoughts? I worry if i go stiff, i can't really get after it if I want and will just spray it everywhere. My next club is a sub70 3h with the UST proforce V2 X-stiff soft stepped.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

9 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

I tested the 3w at Dick's yesterday with the stock AV blue 65 S. I play a ventus black 6 x in my driver. I am going to take advantage of the trade in bonus but worried about the shaft. I actually like the Blue (i was surprised by it). Was going to go 75g but i am on the fence to go S or X. Any thoughts? I worry if i go stiff, i can't really get after it if I want and will just spray it everywhere. My next club is a sub70 3h with the UST proforce V2 X-stiff soft stepped.

If Ventus Black 6X fits you well, I'd be shocked if Tensei Blue 75x doesn't suit you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

40 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

If Ventus Black 6X fits you well, I'd be shocked if Tensei Blue 75x doesn't suit you. 

Agreed

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, odshot68 said:

I ordered a ls 3 wood Saturday with ventus tr. it came in today. 

Bumping an old thread up ... @odshot68, I see that you had a Rogue ST LS 3 wood earlier this year, and are now going with a TSR2+. Any chance you could offer some thoughts on how they compare? 

I'd assume obviously that given the 2 degree loft difference, the TSR2+ would launch a little lower and carry a little farther. But I also know a lot of the reviews have people mentioning the TSR2+ launching higher than expected. So I just don't want to make any assumptions. I'm looking forward to testing a TSR2+ as soon as possible, but they haven't been available yet at the stores near me. One the other day had a righty version, but not a lefty version.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

• 3 months later...

Anyone have a direct comparison between the Rogue LS 3/3 HL vs TSR2/3? 

I have my eye on a 16.5* LS. Looking for mid-high flight with reasonable spin and usable off both the tee and the deck.

Also just as a note, not really interested in the Paradym or other upcoming releases.

My WITB

Ai Smoke TD Max 9º N/S | Tour AD VF 6x

TSi2 16.5º D1 | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

T150 5-PW | Modus 115x

SM10 48F & 53F | Modus 125x

RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

17 minutes ago, STank724 said:

I have my eye on a 16.5* LS. Looking for mid-high flight with reasonable spin and usable off both the tee and the deck.

Also just as a note, not really interested in the Paradym or other upcoming releases.

this is really silly, but the face of the tsr fairways have fewer lines across the face than the LS. Really bothered me for some strange reason, as I've always been used to more lines and a "fuller" face, if you know what I mean. 

Maybe you've never noticed this, and I apologize if you start thinking about it now! 😂

1 hour ago, STank724 said:

Yep. I've hit every one of them. 

I had the 16.5 rogue ls and then got a 15. Had them head to head for a couple weeks. I ended up keeping the 15. The ls isn't as low spin as yhr name implies. It's more midspin. But it's FAST. the 16.5 is fast too. But I actually spun it too much. 

The tsr3 is in the same launch and spin category as the ls. The tsr2 spins a good bit more. 

Other than the adj hosel, the biggest difference is the Rogue is faster by about 2 mph.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Yep. I've hit every one of them. 

I had the 16.5 rogue ls and then got a 15. Had them head to head for a couple weeks. I ended up keeping the 15. The ls isn't as low spin as yhr name implies. It's more midspin. But it's FAST. the 16.5 is fast too. But I actually spun it too much. 

The tsr3 is in the same launch and spin category as the ls. The tsr2 spins a good bit more. 

Other than the adj hosel, the biggest difference is the Rogue is faster by about 2 mph.

Obviously this is player dependent, but did you find the Rogue LS was more point and shoot from the tee than the TSRs? 

Edited by STank724

My WITB

Ai Smoke TD Max 9º N/S | Tour AD VF 6x

TSi2 16.5º D1 | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

T150 5-PW | Modus 115x

SM10 48F & 53F | Modus 125x

RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

6 hours ago, STank724 said:

Obviously this is player dependent, but did you find the Rogue LS was more point and shoot from the tee than the TSRs? 

Only hit the tsr fwys indoors, except the tsr2+. You want point and shoot off the tee...tsr2+

The tsr3 and rogue st ls are a lot the same. Rogue faster, tsr3 adjustable.  The tsr2 has to be delofted to compete with rogue and 3. 

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread for advice maybe.  I ordered the 15* last week from CPO with the Tensei Blue X, but they accidentally sent me the Tensei White X.  Now I'm thinking maybe I should give the White X a go rather than getting an exchange for the club I ordered.

I play the Orange X in my 425 LST driver and love it; I just don't want the 3-wood to fall out of the sky from too little spin.  Anyone have any thoughts on this major dilemma?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S +1/2"

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

3 minutes ago, SheriffBooth said:

Bumping this thread for advice maybe.  I ordered the 15* last week from CPO with the Tensei Blue X, but they accidentally sent me the Tensei White X.  Now I'm thinking maybe I should give the White X a go rather than getting an exchange for the club I ordered.

I play the Orange X in my 425 LST driver and love it; I just don't want the 3-wood to fall out of the sky from too little spin.  Anyone have any thoughts on this major dilemma?

The st ls head isn't low spin. It's really more mid spin. I'd give it a go.

Shaft is going to be more how you like the feel anyway. 

That's helpful - thanks!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S +1/2"

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

2 hours ago, SheriffBooth said:

A blue x to a white x is not that big of a difference 

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3