2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Best Golf Shoes of 2022

On 3/11/2022 at 1:15 AM, pennywise2016 said:

Loving my new Underarmour Hovr drive 2

Very comfy, light and spiked

If you like a running shoe style these look good

Yeah I'd be interested in this too. I'm in need of new shoes since I destroyed my Speith 4's and since I work at a under armour school I get 50% off all their stuff.

But I also just dropped money on the CodeChaos since the 2020 version got re-released, since I always loved the look of those.

Edited by Duffman57
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, pennywise2016 said:

Loving my new Underarmour Hovr drive 2

Very comfy, light and spiked

If you like a running shoe style these look good

I don't know. I am the biggest super fan of the original HOVR Drive golf shoe and will tell anyone that is the best golf shoe I have ever worn. Comfort, stability, style... and Tom Brady has worn them on every 'The Match' event, c'mon. It appears TB12 is doing the same thing I am - wearing the shoes until they disintegrate.

I purchased the HOVR Drive 2 and I'm unsure what to think. First they were labeled as wide. Must have been an oops by someone because they are NOT wide. They are tight, the arch support is a bit much, and they fit/feel nothing like the HOVR Drive I adore. They both share the same mid and out sole so I don't get it. Maybe they just need time to break in and stretch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10* Ventus Blue TR

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Tensei Blue

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* Tensei Blue

Ping G425 22* Tensei CK Pro Orange

Titleist T100 5-PW ProjectX LZ

Titleist SM6 50S

Callaway JAWS MD5 56W

Callaway JAWS MD5 60X

I really really love G4 Gallivanter.  They clean up easy, have a soft yet firm textured inner and boat loads of traction and are stylish. My only complaint besides the price is, they pick up leaves lol.  In the fall I was picking leaves from the sole every other hole!   I have some Adidas Adipure that are the most comfortable, but lack the traction in moist conditions.

Edited by Avidswampthing66

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

33 minutes ago, sleuth said:

I don't know. I am the biggest super fan of the original HOVR Drive golf shoe and will tell anyone that is the best golf shoe I have ever worn. Comfort, stability, style... and Tom Brady has worn them on every 'The Match' event, c'mon. It appears TB12 is doing the same thing I am - wearing the shoes until they disintegrate.

I purchased the HOVR Drive 2 and I'm unsure what to think. First they were labeled as wide. Must have been an oops by someone because they are NOT wide. They are tight, the arch support is a bit much, and they fit/feel nothing like the HOVR Drive I adore. They both share the same mid and out sole so I don't get it. Maybe they just need time to break in and stretch.

I completely agree with you. I still have my original hovr drives that I will wear every now and then. They are one of, if not the best golf shoes I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot lol). I tried on the drive 2’s in wide like you and I couldn’t take them off fast enough. I was so disappointed in the comfort and fit. They definitely were not wide. I love the looks of them and I wanted to like them but I just couldn’t. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 5:14 AM, phil75070 said:

I really think the Sqairz shoes have improved my balance and increased my consistency, especially with the driver.

I bought a pair maybe a year and a half ago hoping they would work for my wide feet.  Nope, found them way too tight and didn't like the material. Sent them right back. 

XW shoes are hard to get in Canada.

The Ecco G3 Biom Spiked are very comfy and almost wide enough.   Same for the wide toe box in the H4 Biom spikeless that have very good traction.

I just ordered a pair of the FJ Tarlow in XW  in black and they have mostly really great reviews. Fingers crossed as if they are the unicorn for my Fred Flinstone's  I may break the piggy bank  for another pair for summer rotation.

Edited by myspinonit

On 3/17/2022 at 4:51 PM, caniac6 said:

I tried on a pair of FootJoy Tour Alphas the other day, and they were very comfortable.

I thought those were supposed to be released last week? Still haven’t seen any locally and FJ website doesn’t have them but when I google them it looks like they are available? Might be UK or something. Very interested in trying those. I need another pair of solid shoes to walk in. 

Cuater The Ringer.   I’ve had many shoes over the last few years.  Nike, Under Armour, FJ, Ecco and Adidas.   I first purchased a pair of Cuater Moneymakers and it instantly became my favorite pair.  Then the Ringer came out and I bought a pair and now that’s my favorite pair.  Super comfortable and like walking on pillows.   Stable as well and waterproof. 

Edited by Shakester

10 hours ago, N8dogg2669 said:

I thought those were supposed to be released last week? Still haven’t seen any locally and FJ website doesn’t have them but when I google them it looks like they are available? Might be UK or something. Very interested in trying those. I need another pair of solid shoes to walk in. 

I called FJ, and they said they would be on the website last Friday, but I didn’t see them. I tried them on at Golf Galaxy, and was surprised to find them.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:28 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

I really really love G4 Gallivanter.  They clean up easy, have a soft yet firm textured inner and boat loads of traction and are stylish. My only complaint besides the price is, they pick up leaves lol.  In the fall I was picking leaves from the sole every other hole!   I have some Adidas Adipure that are the most comfortable, but lack the traction in moist conditions.

6 hours ago, DB30 said:

I’ll second on the G4 Gallivanter.  Their insole is really comfortable with the tiny raised sections of foam that massage the sole of your foot.   Initially thought I wouldn’t like it but now can’t give it up.  

Do you guys walk or ride with the Gallivanters? I have a pair but haven’t walked 18 with them yet. Wondering how my feet would hold up.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

19 hours ago, Feelingofgreatness said:

I thought  I was the only one!

Don't understand why more folks don't jump on that bandwagon.  You can get a waterproof trail shoe for much cheaper than a waterproof golf shoe, and it's way more versatile in that you don't feel you should only use if for golfing.  Never had an issue with slipping either.

16 minutes ago, jordan2240 said:

Don't understand why more folks don't jump on that bandwagon.  You can get a waterproof trail shoe for much cheaper than a waterproof golf shoe, and it's way more versatile in that you don't feel you should only use if for golfing.  Never had an issue with slipping either.

I’ve worn these many times to play golf in. They are very comfortable and have plenty of grip. Great for walking in my opinion. 

19A5534E-422E-4FAA-B6F5-0ABD857AEF2F.jpeg

CC064276-0B46-4C1C-8B49-093E173B0A00.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty_2987 said:

I’ve worn these many times to play golf in. They are very comfortable and have plenty of grip. Great for walking in my opinion. 

19A5534E-422E-4FAA-B6F5-0ABD857AEF2F.jpeg

CC064276-0B46-4C1C-8B49-093E173B0A00.jpeg

What’s the brand? Sorry for the dumb question, I’ve certainly seen the logo before but just can’t place it.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide