2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping PLD Custom Program

dlow206

6 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

I had my in person fitting today. Regarding head covers, Alex said that they are working on a new design, hopefully out soon. I promised I wouldn’t spill the secret, but he seemed very excited about them. 

I did a virtual fitting last year, so I brought that Kushin with me, along with a couple other putters I keep in the rotation. 

Surprising to both me and Alex was that my tempo suggested I should use a lighter weight. Ratio was 2.1, but total strike time was in the 870 ms range. Those are somewhat conflicting because the ratio skews for heavier weight, but the total time skewed lighter in Alex’s experience. Well as we tested more, my stroke was so much more consistent with a heavier head.

We will make the following mods to my existing Kushin - 1/2” longer shaft, new alignment line, new tungsten plugs, new finish color. Going from dark oyster to satin. The lighter grey just seems to stand out from green grass better for me. The craziest mod is the alignment line. 

Originally was just one line on the top line. New one will be adding a ball width line at the front of the top rail, parallel to the face/perpendicular to target line. 

He used a sharpie on a patina Kushin in the studio to test it out and it was like magic. It’s like the patina DS72 with the yellow line earlier in this thread. That always intrigued me but I wasn’t gutsy enough to try it. But now I know I like it. 

I’ll pop in some before and after photos once I get it back. 

That's good to hear about the covers, hopefully they send out the new ones to guys who got the Topo cover. 

That's also great to hear about your fitting, the virtual seem good but in person is always next level. Especially when you don't fit into something outside of their standard parameters, was the same for me on necks, should have been in a double bend, long neck or plumbers neck but rolled a 4 neck perfectly. Now I think of it should have probably rolled a plumbers neck for fun but whatever next one lol. 

Definitely post the before and after of your putter when it done will be fun to see and what was the weight change since I assume you're going heavier now? 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 2/26/2024 at 3:18 PM, Binson said:

Wow, this gives me hope for a MyDay/Zing!

Not sure if this helps or will just make you sad. I picked this up recently. It was done pre the new PLD custom program but they have done one at some point. Love this thing it has been bearing the crap out of anything else I have tested against it. 

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

• Like 2

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

7 minutes ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

Not sure if this helps or will just make you sad. I picked this up recently. It was done pre the new PLD custom program but they have done one at some point. Love this thing it has been bearing the crap out of anything else I have tested against it. 

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

That plus I spotted a Zing and MyDay that Ping posted just before Christmas. so @Binson it's probably closer than you think: 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

8 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

I had my in person fitting today. Regarding head covers, Alex said that they are working on a new design, hopefully out soon. I promised I wouldn’t spill the secret, but he seemed very excited about them. 

I did a virtual fitting last year, so I brought that Kushin with me, along with a couple other putters I keep in the rotation. 

Surprising to both me and Alex was that my tempo suggested I should use a lighter weight. Ratio was 2.1, but total strike time was in the 870 ms range. Those are somewhat conflicting because the ratio skews for heavier weight, but the total time skewed lighter in Alex’s experience. Well as we tested more, my stroke was so much more consistent with a heavier head.

We will make the following mods to my existing Kushin - 1/2” longer shaft, new alignment line, new tungsten plugs, new finish color. Going from dark oyster to satin. The lighter grey just seems to stand out from green grass better for me. The craziest mod is the alignment line. 

Originally was just one line on the top line. New one will be adding a ball width line at the front of the top rail, parallel to the face/perpendicular to target line. 

He used a sharpie on a patina Kushin in the studio to test it out and it was like magic. It’s like the patina DS72 with the yellow line earlier in this thread. That always intrigued me but I wasn’t gutsy enough to try it. But now I know I like it. 

I’ll pop in some before and after photos once I get it back. 

Alex had mentioned this to me on my fitting call as well as I tried to special request the black cover, but i'm sure they are out of stock by now. I guess i'm in the same boat as Matt and confused on if Ping would get one of the covers sent over, or what their process would be. Guess we'll have to see. I assume they would let me buy one, but either way, the OG black cover is just sweet.

15 hours ago, Sleeky_D said:

I was reading earlier in the thread about the PLD composite shaft. Any long term users have any feedback on it? Earlier on people were saying it’s quite a bit different/stiffer from the stock offering. Does it compare to any other graphite shafts? 

Obviously I haven't had my putter very long, but i've been rolling countless 7-10ft putts every night on my mat and really am loving the shaft. It's unlike anything i've really ever putted with. I mean, I can waggle it back and forth like an iron and it literally doesn't even think about flexing. I feel like I have total control of the face and all I really have to do is grip it properly and make a stroke. I'm playing a round on Sunday, so I may have a better update for you on some lag putting but for now, this thing is sweet.

Gear Junkie / Professional Shanker

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (B2/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s (68g) - MCC+4 - 45"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/H1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s (78g) - MCC+4 - 43"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/H1) - Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s (85g) - MCC+4 - 40.75"

Utility: Srixon ZX MkII 18° (STD) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff (107g) - MCC+4 - 39.5"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC+4 - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC+4 - STD

Putter: PING Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Tradition - 34.5"

Testing: Lamkin Crossline Cord STD, Golf Pride 'New Decade' Multi Compound STD, Vice Pro Plus

6 hours ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

6 hours ago, MattM97 said:

That plus I spotted a Zing and MyDay that Ping posted just before Christmas. so @Binson it's probably closer than you think: 

Oof, that is sweet and does give me hope. Thank you.

• Like 1

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5 
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

10 hours ago, MattM97 said:

That's good to hear about the covers, hopefully they send out the new ones to guys who got the Topo cover. 

That's also great to hear about your fitting, the virtual seem good but in person is always next level. Especially when you don't fit into something outside of their standard parameters, was the same for me on necks, should have been in a double bend, long neck or plumbers neck but rolled a 4 neck perfectly. Now I think of it should have probably rolled a plumbers neck for fun but whatever next one lol. 

Definitely post the before and after of your putter when it done will be fun to see and what was the weight change since I assume you're going heavier now? 

It’s probably around 350 grams now, and our best estimate was the test head I got along with best was either 365 or 370. 

TSR3 9.0 / Ventus TR Black 6S

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3

12 hours ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

Have you not realized yet that this thing doesn’t fit your stroke and that you should get rid of it?  C’mon, man.  Quit kidding yourself.  You don’t need/want this putter.

😏😂

• Haha 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Black Tour 2.0 65X, 75X, or GDBB 6X

Ping G425 LST 3W Atmos Black 7X

Ping iCrossover 2 Atmos Black 9X or G425 5W GDBB8X/Atmos Black 8X or G425 2H Atmos Black HB 9X 

Ping iCrossover 3 (20º) AMT White S300 or ZZ65 or Atmos Black 9X

Ping i230 4-6 green dot, Blueprint S 7, Blueprint T 8, 9  AMT White S300

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 46ºSS, 50º SS, 54º ES, 58º ES TI S400

Putter - depends on the phase of the moon

Caddy - Snacks the Wheaten

9 minutes ago, Tilikum said:

I bought a PLD Anser yesterday. Would anyone know if there be much of a difference in forgiveness between the anser and a tri hot 5k #2? 

The Tri Hot would be more forgiving because they upped the MOI on those where the Anser is just a traditional milled blade.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Just completed my virtual fitting with Colton today, could not be happier with the fitting. After not looking at my iPing session one could say I was pleasantly surprised with results at a +3 handicap overall! Was very glad to see everything I saw from the fitting data really did line up with what I had been seeing on the golf course and that everything could be adjusted just how I want/need to be to best suit my putting. 

The array of options available to you is truly second to none and was so glad that I was offered models not just sold in stores. Colton really helped me address the things I want to see in a putter and gave honest feedback to my concerns and helped me dial into a putter that I think will truly help my game. Only thing left for me to decide is between the oyster and hammer grey finish which I should have an update on later today but I think I'm leaning towards to oyster finish. 

Specs for me:

34.5" Length, 18° lie angle

Voss H neck @ 355 grams

Single Dot topline

303 S.S. Oyster/Hammer Grey finish

Ping PLD graphite shaft

Superstroke 1.0 pistol 

Hope to be getting some photos in the coming weeks to I can update with the progress!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wrobs01 said:

Just completed my virtual fitting with Colton today, could not be happier with the fitting. After not looking at my iPing session one could say I was pleasantly surprised with results at a +3 handicap overall! Was very glad to see everything I saw from the fitting data really did line up with what I had been seeing on the golf course and that everything could be adjusted just how I want/need to be to best suit my putting. 

The array of options available to you is truly second to none and was so glad that I was offered models not just sold in stores. Colton really helped me address the things I want to see in a putter and gave honest feedback to my concerns and helped me dial into a putter that I think will truly help my game. Only thing left for me to decide is between the oyster and hammer grey finish which I should have an update on later today but I think I'm leaning towards to oyster finish. 

Specs for me:

34.5" Length, 18° lie angle

Voss H neck @ 355 grams

Single Dot topline

303 S.S. Oyster/Hammer Grey finish

Ping PLD graphite shaft

Superstroke 1.0 pistol 

Hope to be getting some photos in the coming weeks to I can update with the progress!

Awesome to see the Voss as an option again, definitely want to see this when finished. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

So, update for my order already, there's good and bad news. Bad news for everyone who's looking at a Voss will not able to get this model in 303 SS as they will no longer be making this model. If you want this model (which I still do) it'll have to be from the tour truck in 1018 carbon so that's the good news but I'm not sure how many Voss's they have left. Due to this I will be going with the hammer grey finish which is totally fine with me as they do not offer oyster finish in 1018 carbon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrobs01 said:

So, update for my order already, there's good and bad news. Bad news for everyone who's looking at a Voss will not able to get this model in 303 SS as they will no longer be making this model. If you want this model (which I still do) it'll have to be from the tour truck in 1018 carbon so that's the good news but I'm not sure how many Voss's they have left. Due to this I will be going with the hammer grey finish which is totally fine with me as they do not offer oyster finish in 1018 carbon. 

Ok that's odd that this shape made a quick appearance and then disappeared, guess they milled some heads for Louis and called it a day.

Well at least you can still get one of the finishes you wanted.

Lefty - WITB Thread

7 minutes ago, seeshawn said:

I had my fitting with Colton last Thursday - been a busy few days so just getting to my write up. Colton was awesome and we talked about my tendencies, etc. and quickly realized with my height and 36" putter length, we needed a blade as a mallet would get way to heavy. Narrowed it down pretty quick to the Anser 4k. Going with Dark Patina as I want it to rust. Kept it clean from address as sight lines do not work with my left eye dominance. Overall had a blast and one cool note was Tony Finau was in the lab after my appointment. I loved every minute of it and being local to AZ, was really happy I went this route over some of the other putter makers.  My putter order is below - will update with the engravings/graphics as they send photos, etc with the in progress pics. Now the wait begins...

RH PLD Custom Anser 4K

• Length: 36”
  • Lie: 22 (2 degrees flat)
  • Loft: 4
  • Grip: PP58 Tour-L (+2 wraps on bottom hand)
  • Shaft: Black Chrome Stepless Steel
  • 1018 Carbon Steel w/ Deep Amp Milling
  • Dark Patina Finish
  • 350g Head Weight
  • No Alignment Features
  • Custom Engraving/ Paintfill

IMG_5820_101044.jpeg

IMG_5809_101045.jpeg

IMG_5824_101045.jpeg

Nice write up and pics as well plus we ended up in similar specs just mirrored I guess.

Also was it all hands on deck since Tony was there? 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Just now, seeshawn said:

Yes - all hands on deck - obviously Tony isn't crushing Strokes Gained putting so they are doing all they can to help the guy out. 

Cam Champ was there when I did my fitting, same thing and everyone was in house that day too. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

3 hours ago, seeshawn said:

I had my fitting with Colton last Thursday - been a busy few days so just getting to my write up. Colton was awesome and we talked about my tendencies, etc. and quickly realized with my height and 36" putter length, we needed a blade as a mallet would get way to heavy. Narrowed it down pretty quick to the Anser 4k. Going with Dark Patina as I want it to rust. Kept it clean from address as sight lines do not work with my left eye dominance. Overall had a blast and one cool note was Tony Finau was in the lab after my appointment. I loved every minute of it and being local to AZ, was really happy I went this route over some of the other putter makers.  My putter order is below - will update with the engravings/graphics as they send photos, etc with the in progress pics. Now the wait begins...

RH PLD Custom Anser 4K

• Dark Patina Finish
  • 350g Head Weight
  • No Alignment Features

IMG_5820_101044.jpeg

IMG_5809_101045.jpeg

IMG_5824_101045.jpeg

That’s incredible. Very cool.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

1 hour ago, USMgolfer1 said:

IMG_0712.jpeg

IMG_0713.jpeg

Nice custom! I like the new PLD options.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

On 3/5/2024 at 9:15 AM, seeshawn said:

RH PLD Custom Anser 4K

• Dark Patina Finish
  • 350g Head Weight
  • No Alignment Features

IMG_5820_101044.jpeg

IMG_5809_101045.jpeg

IMG_5824_101045.jpeg

Hey man - love your work in the Club Champion videos; amazing club head speed.  All kidding aside it looks like a great experience!

My wife has no idea the will power I am displaying because I follow this thread constantly and my brother lives in Phoenix.  It’s not if but when.  The putters in this thread are so cool. Congrats to all of you 

• Like 2

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

On 3/6/2024 at 6:17 PM, seeshawn said:

Is there a way to search this Topic and just see all the photos/images without scrolling page by page?

No, you gotta put in the work………..

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

13 hours ago, Motoboss said:

No, you gotta put in the work………..

Motoboss did you see the link above? It is magic.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

On 3/1/2024 at 2:07 PM, Sleeky_D said:

@etodd thanks for the insight! I wasn’t aware the matte black shaft they offer is different than the PLD composite one. Would definitely like to hear your thoughts after your round on Sunday

Update for you: Played pretty solid, putting was not great to be honest but that was the first time the putter had touched real grass since arriving and the greens were covered in sprouts. Rolled in a several 5+ footers and lag putting was pretty solid. Had a chance to practice putting for about two hours last night outside really got the stroke and weight dialed in. Loving the shaft. Definitely a "why not" type of option from PING. Might as well give it a try and if you get on with it, good! If not, easy enough to hit a swap for a new shaft.

• Thanks 1

Gear Junkie / Professional Shanker

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (B2/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s (68g) - MCC+4 - 45"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/H1) - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s (78g) - MCC+4 - 43"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/H1) - Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s (85g) - MCC+4 - 40.75"

Utility: Srixon ZX MkII 18° (STD) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff (107g) - MCC+4 - 39.5"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 Tour 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC+4 - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC+4 - STD

Putter: PING Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Tradition - 34.5"

Testing: Lamkin Crossline Cord STD, Golf Pride 'New Decade' Multi Compound STD, Vice Pro Plus