Artisan upcoming irons

Robkingasu

sweet looking irons!!!!!! no initials I guess that is a feature that you put on the wedges and not the irons as I have not seen one set yet with intials stamped onto the backs. the back looks really cool and the faces look very nice solid looking club. I would be curious to know what your previous set of

irons is and how these compare to them as far as face size and margin of error. I think we all love blades but like to some margin for error. I am not sure but these look to be the same size as a set of Titleist T200 irons? just a educated guess from what i see can you post a image of what it looks like looking down at them in the address position so we can what the top line looks like? is it thick or rounded off and satin finish to make it look thinner? the whole head looks to be a satin finish?

Happy New year Gents 

I played today I have 4-PW in the half cavity’s…I noticed I was getting noticeably more spin with the wedge to the 9 and on closer inspection the face of the wedge is milled the same as the hand ground wedges…clubs have lovely feel and flight but the most impressive thing was the sole it was very wet today and they cut through the turf perfectly….anybody who is doubting buying them I’d say go for it you won’t regret it!🏌️♂️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GRUMBO said:

sweet looking irons!!!!!! no initials I guess that is a feature that you put on the wedges and not the irons as I have not seen one set yet with intials stamped onto the backs. the back looks really cool and the faces look very nice solid looking club. I would be curious to know what your previous set of

irons is and how these compare to them as far as face size and margin of error. I think we all love blades but like to some margin for error. I am not sure but these look to be the same size as a set of Titleist T200 irons? just a educated guess from what i see can you post a image of what it looks like looking down at them in the address position so we can what the top line looks like? is it thick or rounded off and satin finish to make it look thinner? the whole head looks to be a satin finish?

Happy New year Gents 

Here is the 7 iron of the FC and the ZX7's for referance.  The sole is bogger on the FC but overall about the same size face.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by cjblake09
  • Like 3

great image is the top line the same thickness as the ZX7 srixon iron??? the Artisan looks a touch narrower and maybe more rounded on the edges. The top line looks like it is buffed down or satin finished to make it more appealing. In this image I think the Artisan face looks bigger maybe it is just because the face of the ZX iron is dirty but man are these sweet. The more I read the more confused I am on the wedges. I am for sure leaning towards the Full Cavity Back irons but the PW I am debating on as I use a MT custom ground 46 loft wedge I had made along with a 56 and 60 custom head and I love all three but I am thinking now of maybe going with the stock head PW that comes with set. To be honest not sure at all and I was thinking of stamping my intials on the backs but now leaning towards of not doing it as nobody else is doing it as it might make the back look tacky. I think maybe clean is sweet and use the KISS theory keep it simple stupid. So many thoughts but will so much time as my number way out so it is fun to see what others are doing with there sets and reading there thoughts. I really thought the FC head would be close to a T200 Titleist head but I guess  was way off, anybody out there tweaking the lofts by 1 degree or lies??? I was thinking of tweaking the lofts by 1 degree but only if it could be done without marking or marling the hosels.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:59 PM, cjblake09 said:

Nice pics. Like the toe of the Artisan. Overall shape looks great. Based on the way the weight is distributed a little back in the sole, I’ll bet those are pretty easy to launch and forgiving CB irons. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

19 hours ago, Ripper17 said:

Does anyone have an update on what number they are on?

Thanks 

It is much worse than a 5 year old waiting on Christmas...

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

what brand/manufacturing name does Artisan show up under for USGA conforming list?  I assume they are conforming since some touring pros have wedges in the bag

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍

Titleist TSR3 9.0* w/ Ventus Black 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* w/ Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSR3 19* w/ Ventus HB Blue 8s

Titleist T200 4-iron w/ Axiom 105x

Artisan LS 720HM 5-PW w/ Modus 115x

Artisan 50*, 56* w/ TT DGS S200

Vokey WW 60* LB-K w/ TT DGS S200

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Two

23 minutes ago, AlohaPineapple said:

what brand/manufacturing name does Artisan show up under for USGA conforming list?  I assume they are conforming since some touring pros have wedges in the bag

The Database is not to be used in any manner stipulating that clubs must be included in the Database in order to be carried when the Condition is in effect.

• Thanks 1

#1267 here, may be 2025 for me.....

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

does anybody know how long they give you to decide on whether or not one is going to order a set of irons and what the current inventory is like on all 3 models??? also is possible to just order say 6 to 9  in say the full cavity back heads then make the PW,SW AND LW in a custom set wedges from MT. Just curious and who knows what number they are on accurately as you hear so many different numbers. I am way way out and will be a while just curious though. I find it odd that there is not much feedback if any posted in regards to the irons. We all know they are great but it would be nice to hear some reaction on how all the irons play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:38 PM, GRUMBO said:

Can anybody out thee who has a set post a detailed user review on all the three models, curious to see what is posted

happy new year!

I just recently got fitted. Was very surprised how different each model worked for me. I expected to get the cavity back because it is very similar to what I play, but the half cavity was the best for me.

• Like 3

Have my blades 4-pw. 

Amazing. 

The one thing I’ll say… every set of irons I’ve ever had has one iron in the set that looks a little off. One set it was the pitching wedge. Another the 6 iron. Just slightly off. This set of irons…. They all look perfect. They blend with my gap and sand wedge perfectly. Was worried about a blade 4 iron but even that is great. Easy to hit… probably partially because the whole set is just so smoothly built. Nothing jarring when you grab a stick. You can barely tell what iron you are hitting looking down at them. 

• Like 4

Guys

seems like not anyone is order a different wedge and they are going with the standard wedge that matches the set. I find kinda odd as I did pw from MT along with 56 and 60 and the pw is superior to what I was using. Any body out there doing this or all going with the matching wedge to the set? any idea on number as of yet?

1 hour ago, GRUMBO said:

Guys

seems like not anyone is order a different wedge and they are going with the standard wedge that matches the set. I find kinda odd as I did pw from MT along with 56 and 60 and the pw is superior to what I was using. Any body out there doing this or all going with the matching wedge to the set? any idea on number as of yet?

You do you, everyone is different. Couple posts up has a number. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GRUMBO said:

Guys

I have both the PW from the set and also a 46* MT wedge.  I am still palying around with them but could bag them both as i have about a 10-12 yard gap between them. It all depends on what the top part of my bag looks like as to if it can fit in my 14 clubs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GRUMBO said:

Guys

Pitching wedge from the set looks great and is slightly rounded toe to blend well. Looks beautiful.