2022 US Women's Open (Pine Needles Lodge & G.C.)

46 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

will the cut line reach +3 with trickier pin locations and firmer greens tomorrow? 

Grace Kim was having a nice round at E until she double bogeyed her 2nd to last hole. 

Poor Ingrid won't get paid if she has a high finish like Hye Jin when she was a runner up as a 17 year old!

But she could score some NIL deals if she finishes on or near the top. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

NBC SPORTS PRESENTS 2022 U.S. WOMEN’S OPEN FROM PINE NEEDLES LODGE AND GOLF CLUB BEGINNING THURSDAY ACROSS NBC, USA NETWORK, AND PEACOCK

June 1, 2022

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, June 1st, 2022

More Than 40 Hours of Championship and On-Site Studio Coverage Hours of U.S. Women’s Open Coverage

Billie Jean King Voices Opening Tease for NBC Sports’ U.S. Women’s Open Coverage

Thursday and Friday Featured Groups Coverage – Jin Young Ko/Lexi Thompson/Jennifer Kupcho and Nelly Korda/Danielle Kang/Atthaya Thitikul – Streams on Peacock

Transcript – Morgan Pressel, Tom Abbott, Kay Cockerill, and Karen Stupples Preview the U.S. Women’s Open

Golf Central Live From The U.S. Women’s Open Delivers Pre- and Post-Round Coverage – Championship Preview Show Wednesday at Noon ET on GOLF Channel

“Becoming Annika” Documentary Airs Sunday, June 5 at 2 p.m. ET on NBC Leading Into Final Round Coverage

STAMFORD, Conn. – June 1, 2022 – NBC Sports presents exclusive live coverage of the 2022 U.S. Women’s Open Presented by ProMedica from Pine Needles Lodge and Golf Club in Southern Pines, N.C., this week across NBC, USA Network and Peacock.

In addition to live championship coverage, Golf Central Live From the U.S. Women’s Open provides comprehensive pre- and post-round coverage on GOLF Channel on-site from Pine Needles, beginning with a live preview show today, June 1, beginning at noon ET.

Sports icon Billie Jean King voices the opening tease for NBC Sports’ U.S. Women’s Open coverage, which will premiere during Thursday’s opening round coverage.

Thursday-Friday coverage will air 1-3 p.m. ET on Peacock followed by coverage on USA Network from 3-8 p.m. ET. Weekend coverage on NBC will also simulcast on Peacock. Following are the full programming details for the U.S. Women’s Open:

Broadcast Team

• Play by Play: Terry Gannon / Grant Boone
  • Analyst: Morgan Pressel / Paige Mackenzie
  • Tower: Tom Abbott / Karen Stupples
  • On-Course: Kay Cockerill / John Wood
  • Interviews: Kathryn Tappen

How To Watch – Thursday, June 2 – Sunday, June 5 (all times ET)

• TV – NBC, USA Network
  • Streaming – Peacock, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app
Date Peacock USA Network NBC
Thursday, June 2 1-3 p.m. 3-8 p.m.  
Friday, June 3 1-3 p.m. 3-8 p.m.  
Saturday, June 4 12-1 p.m./3-6 p.m. 1-3 p.m. 3-6 p.m.
Sunday, June 5 3-7 p.m. 1-3 p.m. 3-7 p.m.

In addition, NBC Sports will complement its comprehensive U.S Women’s Open coverage with live featured groups Thursday-Sunday, showcasing a morning group and an afternoon group each day of the Championship. Featured groups will be shown live on Peacock, uswomensopen.com and the USGA OnDemand app. In total, there will be approximately 30 hours of additional digital coverage in 2022.

Featured Groups

Thursday

• Jin Young Ko, Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Kupcho at 8:39 a.m. ET
  • Atthaya Thitikul, Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda at 2:24 p.m. ET

Friday

• Atthaya Thitikul, Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda at 8:39 a.m. ET
  • Jin Young Ko, Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Kupcho at 2:24 p.m. ET

George Savaricas and Shane Bacon (play-by-play) and Tripp Isenhour and Emilia Migliaccio (on-course reporters) will provide commentary for NBC Sports’ featured groups coverage.

Golf Central Live From the U.S. Women’s Open

Beginning this afternoon, NBC Sports will surround the tournament with live on-site studio coverage on Golf Central Live From the U.S. Women’s Open on GOLF Channel. Cara Banks hosts the week’s coverage alongside analysts Brandel Chamblee, Mackenzie, Stupples, and Beth Ann Nichols and reporter Amy Rogers.

Date Golf Central – Live From the U.S. Women’s Open*
Wednesday, June 1 Noon-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 2 Noon-2 p.m. / 8-9 p.m.
Friday, June 3 Noon-2 p.m. / 8-9 p.m.
Saturday, June 4 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / 6-7 p.m.
Sunday, June 5 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / 7-8 p.m.
*all times ET, post-round coverage begins following conclusion of play

TRANSCRIPT – MORGAN PRESSEL, TOM ABBOTT, KAY COCKERILL AND KAREN STUPPLES PREVIEW THE U.S. WOMEN’S OPEN

Last week, NBC Sports U.S. Women’s Open commentators Morgan Pressel, Tom Abbott, Kay Cockerill and Karen Stupples previewed the upcoming championship on a media conference call. Following are highlights. Click here for the full transcript.

Pressel on Pine Needles: “The number one thing that comes to my mind when I think about Pine Needles is creativity. Creativity around the greens, creativity to hit different types of shots into the greens to be able to hold the greens wherever the hole location may be.”

Cockerill on the difficulty of Pine Needles: “I actually played in the U.S. Senior Women’s Open at Pine Needles (in 2019)…until you play the course and you realize just how diabolical those greens are, you almost have to find a 15- or 20-foot center of every green no matter where the hole is located, otherwise your ball is rolling off the sides of the green…it’s remarkable how challenging the course is.”

Stupples on players to watch: “When I look through players that have been playing well, players that are ready to be tried and tested this week, Lexi Thompson has been on the verge of playing well, Hannah Green there or thereabouts, Jin Young Ko, as Jerry was saying, has yet to find some form. She hasn’t been hitting as many greens as she normally does, and that’s going to be a big factor.”

U.S. WOMEN’S OPEN FEATURES

NBC Sports will surround the U.S. Women’s Open with a variety of features and vignettes throughout its studio coverage on GOLF Channel and live tournament coverage on NBC, USA Network and Peacock. Stories include:

• Rachel and Brenda Kuehn – In 2001, Brenda Kuehn competed in the U.S. Women’s Open while eight months pregnant with her daughter, Rachel. Fast-forward 21 years and Rachel Kuehn has risen through the ranks of women’s amateur golf, following the path of her mom – who also attended Wake Forest and was a USGA medalist – and competing at the 2022 U.S. Women’s Open.
  • Peggy Kirk Bell – Often referred to as GOLF Channel’s Paige Mackenzie discussed the impact of World Golf Hall of Famer Peggy Kirk Bell, who owned Pine Needles for decades and was known to many as “North Carolina’s First Lady of Golf.”
  • Jensen Castle – Voiced by Cara Banks, the feature examines Jensen Castle’s improbable run to the U.S. Women’s Amateur title in 2021, surviving a 12-for-2 playoff to reach match play and becoming the first No. 63 seed to hoist the Robert Cox Trophy.
  • Pinehurst Mystique – Voiced by Kira K. Dixon, the piece examines the history and mystique that surrounds Pinehurst, often referred to as the cradle of American golf.

–NBC SPORTS–

Was wondering why Jerry wasn't mentioned. Thought he was out sick or drew Memorial duty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

14 minutes ago, HankScorpio said:

Sorry to see Jerry go.  He had a good working relationship with the women.  I guess that is probably why they brought in Emilia this week.  Perhaps they will bring her back once she finishes her schooling.  I thought she did a great job last week at the NCAA Womens Championship.

They lost Darren Clarke so they turn to Jerry?   New tour’s boat is taking on water.🌧🛟

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

10 hours ago, HankScorpio said:

It's nice that they are giving her some air time.  She's been trending up recently but always seems to have the one bad round that put her out of contention.

11 hours ago, woahnelly said:

Is SH Park back from the dead? 3 birdies to start .. I probs just jinxed her and she will shoot 78

Nice round for Annie today, -2.

I smiled when i saw Sung Hyun Park's image in the "Top Shots" thumbnail

... but then struggled to find SH Park in the highlights video...

For others similarly interested... today i learned the "Show Transcript" button in Youtube = is also useful in this regard (albeit presumably depends on the uploader's effort w.r.t. closed-captioning/subtitles?)...

i.e. i could then type in "Sung Hyun Park" to jump to timestamp ~4m50s, to see the one(?) highlighted shot for SH Park in the video.  There was also a mention of NaYeon Choi (timestamp ~7m11s)

(instead of skimming at 1.5x speed to search for the snippet!)

A bit clickbait-y perhaps ... as Atthaya Thitikul/ Moriya etc = more prominently-featured in the video highlights!

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AWinfortheAges said:

Was wondering why Jerry wasn't mentioned. Thought he was out sick or drew Memorial duty.

Big fan of Jerry's but when someone pulls up to your house with a dump truck full of money  ............ sorry, you tell them where to dump it.  Best of luck to Jerry, plus his better half seems to be staying to earn those GC pennies lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oneput said:

I though AK Kim joined LPGA when she won US Open!

Yes, A Lim took membership when she won the USWO.

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

32 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

My husband had this group yesterday. He said Bianca's dad told him, "These greens are killing her". She was, however, best-dressed from what I saw. 🤗 My morning group: Eun-Hee Ji and Andrea Lee ended up playing pretty well. Ai Suzuki had a rough one. The weather was brutally hot w/very little breeze. The course is spread out so much that the walk (and heat) takes its toll w/the network compound nowhere nearby. Radio quit on me yesterday afternoon, was told they'd try to get another out to me but never did. Meaning I walked 11 holes for nothing. Double Advil..........more later.

The greens there if you can’t dial in the speed will get you bad. 

Edited by Forged4life
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Forged4life said:

Wow. Kind of shocked.

The coverage is ignoring any LIV impact stuff - there was a feature where a screen was showed with 7 winners of key US events over the last 12 months, both male and female. The last on the list was James Piot and his US am win. Comments were made on all bar James' win.

For those not aware, James is playing the first LIV event.

Hostilities escalate....

• Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

My husband had this group yesterday. He said Bianca's dad told him, "These greens are killing her". She was, however, best-dressed from what I saw. 🤗 My morning group: Eun-Hee Ji and Andrea Lee ended up playing pretty well. Ai Suzuki had a rough one. The weather was brutally hot w/very little breeze. The course is spread out so much that the walk (and heat) takes its toll w/the network compound nowhere nearby. Radio quit on me yesterday afternoon, was told they'd try to get another out to me but never did. Meaning I walked 11 holes for nothing. Double Advil..........more later.

Ai Suzuki and Momoko Ueda are my two favorite JLPGA golfers. Obviously Ai she received no coverage. What seemed to be giving her the most trouble yesterday?