2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i230 pic

jwo

25 minutes ago, rjp322 said:

Are you finding the I230 goes farther?  When I did my initial testing indoors, I found that I230 just spun quite a bit less.  Went plenty high, great land angle, etc.  Just increased yardage via spin reduction

I can't say tbh. Haven't gotten them on grass. Only spent a bit of my winter at the range with them. I don't like to judge distance from crumby range balls lol they perform similar to me tho. Higher than most irons. 

4 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

Would Ping bend to Power Lofts at no charge if the irons were purchased off eBay?

They don't bend to power spec lofts at no charge even if not bought off ebay.  I actually recently sent in my i210 irons to get bent from power spec to standard loft, and green dot to blue dot.  It costs about $40 for the service (any combination of loft and/or lie), plus $20 for return shipping.  Add another $20 or so to send them in to Ping, and it costs about $80 to get that done all-in. 

They don't care where you bought them as long as they have a valid serial number, though they might have an issue if you had work done outside of Ping (like re-shafting, though not sure on that).

• Thanks 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘23 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter

18 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

They don't bend to power spec lofts at no charge even if not bought off ebay.  I actually recently sent in my i210 irons to get bent from power spec to standard loft, and green dot to blue dot.  It costs about $40 for the service (any combination of loft and/or lie), plus $20 for return shipping.  Add another $20 or so to send them in to Ping, and it costs about $80 to get that done all-in. 

They don't care where you bought them as long as they have a valid serial number, though they might have an issue if you had work done outside of Ping (like re-shafting, though not sure on that).

I just snagged a 4-P i230 Orange dot set on FB marketplace and sent them to Ping to be bent to Green Dot and Power Spec.

Quick turn around and great experience. Prices were as you stated for bending lie/ loft. They even put the power spec sticker on the shafts right under the grip. 

Edited by Bike_Voucher
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bike_Voucher said:

I just snagged a 4-P i230 Orange dot set on FB marketplace and sent them to Ping to be bent to Green Dot and Power Spec.

Quick turn around and great experience. Prices were as you stated for bending lie/ loft. They even put the power spec sticker on the shafts right under the grip. 

I'm more shocked you didn't get bamboozled on FBMP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

I know Ping does Power Lofts but what are the general thoughts around having these bent 1* strong. I am a high spin guy and typically bend to bring spin and launch down. Power Lofts seem like a strange mix to be why not bend one degree....

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Mizuno TI 15* - HZRDUS Green RDX 6.0

***Open to suggestions***

Mizuno Pro 245 with TT DG Mid 115 S300

Mizuno T24 54 and 60 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

2 minutes ago, JBuer said:

I know Ping does Power Lofts but what are the general thoughts around having these bent 1* strong. I am a high spin guy and typically bend to bring spin and launch down. Power Lofts seem like a strange mix to be why not bend one degree....

For gapping purposes - to blend with wedges, etc.  Thats why its not standard 1* stronger across the board.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jcosjrgolf said:

JBuer, I thought of doing the same thing -vs- power lofting.  

have you received any feedback on negative affects of doing so? 

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Mizuno TI 15* - HZRDUS Green RDX 6.0

***Open to suggestions***

Mizuno Pro 245 with TT DG Mid 115 S300

Mizuno T24 54 and 60 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

2 hours ago, JBuer said:

There's two different questions here.

If you are a player looking for lower spin, you would want to follow the power spec band. This is where each head is ideally brought lower for a similar apex and similar lower spin.

If you deliver it high, but otherwise don't mind the spin, then you might consider an even degree throughout.

0-90º is an arc, not a straight line.

I'd suggest you go with power spec, as that is designed to give you ideal gapping, and then adjust back from there if you think it's too low/long/lowspin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bike_Voucher said:

How long did it take?

16 minutes ago, wobgon said:

I may have mentioned this before but now that some time has passed, I wonder why so many tour guys are sticking with the i210's....Seemed like when the 210's came out guys where a lot quicker to play them.

I just got the i230s and played the i210 in the past.  Just ordered the i210s again to compare them.  The overall package of the i230 is unreal, but I recall liking the i210s down at the ball much better.  We shall see when the i210s show up.  The i230s look unreal in the bag tho, which I feel i210s lack.

3 hours ago, realmfg said:

I just got the i230s and played the i210 in the past.  Just ordered the i210s again to compare them.  The overall package of the i230 is unreal, but I recall liking the i210s down at the ball much better.  We shall see when the i210s show up.  The i230s look unreal in the bag tho, which I feel i210s lack.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts.  I played the i210s over a year ago and haven’t looked at them side by side with the i230s.  My memory is better with important stuff like golf clubs than crap at work and my recollection is the i230s look better behind the ball, i230s are straighter and more fade biased, i230s feel a bit firmer.  I also think the long irons launch higher in the i230s.

Regarding tour pros, my guess would be the i200s and i210s are more similar in performance with the biggest change being in feel.  So it was probably more familiar to the pros with more upside on feel.

I can tell you that the i230s are way better than the MP223s that they kicked out of my bag.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGolfingRealtor said:

It's been two weeks since I ordered my irons and wedges and it feels like 2 years! ☹️

Is there a way to see if you have packages in the system with FedEx? 

Yes, just sign up on fedex and check in the fedex manager for packages.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, KBS Tour Proto HY 95/105 S+

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

11 hours ago, ajtruck13 said:

Does anyone have i230's in Powerspec with Project X LS shafts?  Wondering how you are finding this combination.  Thanks!

I will let you know shortly! My custom order has been a process, none of it is pings fault but more the ordering chain. Been waiting for 4 months LOL. I have i230 4 to PW power spec, blue dot, px ls 6.5 coming in. Tested a demo with with shaft in retro and hit it great it was just going way too high for me, hence the power spec. I'll report back once I get them in the next few days (we hope lol)

On 3/6/2023 at 1:19 PM, puresurfr said:

Ive been gaming the Ping i230 standard specs for a few weeks now and just received a set of Pingi230 in retro spec, the offset definitely is less noticeable in the retro spec configuration.  Im thinking of having my gamer set bent to retro spec as well.  

Just wondering how you’re making out with the Retro lofts?  What kind of distance and spin difference are you seeing between Retro and standard lofts?  I have 4-UW standard lofts but thinking of going to Retro spec lofts to simplify my wedge setup.  Thinking of running just 1 specialty wedge after the UW if I go Retro.

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

19 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

It's been two weeks since I ordered my irons and wedges and it feels like 2 years! ☹️

Is there a way to see if you have packages in the system with FedEx? 

I ordered stuff through DICK’S and no way to track with FedEx. DICK’S doesn’t have a tracking number either. I had to call DICK’S to get an update and that is still tentative. I hate waiting for new clubs and stuff. No good at waiting lol

1 hour ago, jblough99 said:

Just wondering how you’re making out with the Retro lofts?  What kind of distance and spin difference are you seeing between Retro and standard lofts?  I have 4-UW standard lofts but thinking of going to Retro spec lofts to simplify my wedge setup.  Thinking of running just 1 specialty wedge after the UW if I go Retro.

Sorry man, im in CA, have not got out enough to review my findings.

Weather where I live is starting to turn around this weekend so I got out for 2 rounds this weekend and the i230s are just so good. 

GIRs for the rounds this weekend:

Saturday: 16/18

Sunday: 15/18

These things just want to go straight and the distance control is excellent. 

I cannot recommend these enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cg0rd0noo7 said:

Weather where I live is starting to turn around this weekend so I got out for 2 rounds this weekend and the i230s are just so good. 

GIRs for the rounds this weekend:

Saturday: 16/18

Sunday: 15/18

These things just want to go straight and the distance control is excellent. 

I cannot recommend these enough. 

How did the putter do? Those should be some good rounds! Did you play i210 ever? Interested in opinions from those around scratch