PXG Gen 5 Driver Users/Reviews? X or Xf Model?

avidgolfer23

I'm planning to go Monday and test out these again as well. Will hit X and XF and see how it goes. Have recent numbers from TSi3 and Max LS as well so interested what it'll look like. Shafts won't be the same between all the models but will give a general idea. I'm still trying to get the PXG guy to let me at least hit an XS shaft as he keeps wanting to put me in a stiff. Any suggestions for which ones to try that might have a slight flex at the tip? Have 105ish swing speed and likely to go up in the future.

Are all PXG heads fitting into the same adapter generation after generation?  I have a Gen 2 XF en route tomorrow and several shafts to play with.  Time to see if the G400 can be put back into the closet again (for the umpteenth time).  Working my way up.  Stumbled on PXG irons and won’t look back now.

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° & 25* HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird 

7 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

I'm planning to go Monday and test out these again as well. Will hit X and XF and see how it goes. Have recent numbers from TSi3 and Max LS as well so interested what it'll look like. Shafts won't be the same between all the models but will give a general idea. I'm still trying to get the PXG guy to let me at least hit an XS shaft as he keeps wanting to put me in a stiff. Any suggestions for which ones to try that might have a slight flex at the tip? Have 105ish swing speed and likely to go up in the future.

You're the buyer, you tell him what you're going to hit. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Ironically, my PXG guy told me to get the 6.5 in the RDX black and I swing 105-108. He wanted me to go with a 70g as well but I have hit RDX shafts and I like the 60's. So went 6.5 in 60g. 

Got the driver delivered today.  Going to hit it in the sim the next few days to see if the sim sessions are consistent with the fitting session I had against my Callaway Epic Speed.  Will post back any findings.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

On 8/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, stimpmeterp said:

Are all PXG heads fitting into the same adapter generation after generation?  I have a Gen 2 XF en route tomorrow and several shafts to play with.  Time to see if the G400 can be put back into the closet again (for the umpteenth time).  Working my way up.  Stumbled on PXG irons and won’t look back now.

Yes, the adapter is the same for all.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I have taken the plunge and ordered a Gen 5 9 degree with the RDX Blue. I previously had a PXG driver in the XF head which I loved however into a wind it spun too much and cost me distance so this time I'm going for the standard head. The price was too tempting, it really is a no lose purchase. 

I did however manage to resist until yesterday before my resolve caved in. 

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-U Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

PXG Bat Attack

:smilie_ping:

Had a couple of sim sessions and am pretty pleased with the new PXG driver.  Picked up about 12 yards of carry distance, faster ball speed, slightly better smash factor.  A little surprised since I was fitted for my Callaway last year, but the new PXG is performing pretty well.  Will take it on the course over the next few days to see if I get similar results.

• Like 2

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF

36 minutes ago, pgetzen said:

Had a couple of sim sessions and am pretty pleased with the new PXG driver.  Picked up about 12 yards of carry distance, faster ball speed, slightly better smash factor.  A little surprised since I was fitted for my Callaway last year, but the new PXG is performing pretty well.  Will take it on the course over the next few days to see if I get similar results.

12 yards over a previously fitted driver? That's crazy. 

That's some RBZ level jumps #12moreyards

2 hours ago, LUXOR54 said:

12 yards over a previously fitted driver? That's crazy. 

That's some RBZ level jumps #12moreyards

I was pretty shocked, but the fitter at my session said I was getting 10 more.  Really happy my sim is confirming it.

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF

I also gained around 10 yards over my TSi2 with my Gen5. I have more confidence in the Tsi2 and its a real fairway finder but the feel and the extra distance of the Gen5 keeps it in the bag. I have the TSi2 in reserve for if the Gen5 starts to behave badly. The difference is the Gen5 has less spin and I get a bit of roll out, come winter when the fairways are softer the TSi2 may be back in the bag. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K w Alta 55

Ping G430 5 wood w PD-70

Ping G425 7 wood w Slay 55

Ping G430 9 wood w Speeder EVO6

Ping G430 6 Hybrid w PX Red Smoke
Srixon ZX5 6-PW w Recoil 660

Vokey SM8 50.12 F Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey SM10 56.12 D Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey Wedgeworks 60.08 K Grind w Recoil 95

Odyssey Jailbird

0311 GEN 5 7.5 degree 44.75" with 20 gram (back middle) 2.5 on outsides. Kai'LI white 60tx tipped .5"... Best driver I have had since my 400max... accurate...

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I'll just be glad when mine gets here... Was told 8 days from Arizona to Alabama...they say they'll be here today (6 days), but not here yet.  

Edited by bogeypro

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

11 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

I'll just be glad when mine gets here... Was told 8 days from Arizona to Alabama...they say they'll be here today (6 days), but not here yet.  

Same. Ordered the full bag last week and they said hoping to get it out this week. Golf season is winding down here!

15 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Same. Ordered the full bag last week and they said hoping to get it out this week. Golf season is winding down here!

It took a week to build my order... With stock shafts?! I just called them and told them their competition can build it quicker and offers better shipping.  This isn't very impressive... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter

5 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

So 6 days with a holiday and you're complaining? Seems valid! Um,er.....

FedEx was moving packages yesterday, but not delivering to customers... According to my app.  

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Swapped out my Tensei AV Raw Orange for a Proforce V2 HL shaft and reduced length from 45.5 to 45" finished length and wow this shaft works fantastic in this head for my swing, easier to launch, better feel and tighter dispersion. The AV Raw is $250 and the Proforce is $70 this head and shaft combo is now a real beast. I've tried the Stealth, TSi2 and TSi3 and nothing beats the PXG Gen5.

Also the PXG 5 wood knocked my Ping G425 3 wood out of the bag something that I thought would never happen, I loved my Ping fairway, now looking at ordering the PXG Gen5 7 wood to replace my G410 7 wood. Debating putting V2 in my fairways.

The PXG Gen5 Driver and Gen 5 Fairways are the real deal. 

Ping G430 Max 10K w Alta 55

Ping G430 5 wood w PD-70

Ping G425 7 wood w Slay 55

Ping G430 9 wood w Speeder EVO6

Ping G430 6 Hybrid w PX Red Smoke
Srixon ZX5 6-PW w Recoil 660

Vokey SM8 50.12 F Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey SM10 56.12 D Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey Wedgeworks 60.08 K Grind w Recoil 95

Odyssey Jailbird

The 0311XF is definitely an anti left driver.  Wowza.  That’s my miss and I almost can’t hit a draw with this head.

Ordered the raw blue 6 stiff and was getting some really flat almost knucklers today.  If the fairways had any run in them I’d be pleased but it’s been raining a ton and everything is spongy.

More soon.  Mine is 9° and I can’t see myself opening this face for less loft. 

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° & 25* HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird 

I was playing an Epic Max LS, had an Old Ping 410 Plus laying around and now with the all-fit adapters I can move shafts around at will between manufacturers.    I sold the Callaway based on how well I was hitting the 410 Plus.

During the 299 sale for the Gen 5, I was not going to be able to get out to a PXG location and test.  So I ordered blindly.  I ordered the Gen 5 0311 standard instead of the XF based on what I had seen on here.

Managed to get to a PXG site to test and based on the results I saw there I am glad I did.  However my current preferred shaft Rogue 130 White TX was not available, so I tested with the Diamana that I ordered it with.   With the Diamana based on what I produce with the 410 plus it should be better on launch and optimal spin.  Dispersion was similar, and I think it will get better with the shaft change.

The XF, even though I am playing the 410 plus, have played the 400 Max was just not my cup of tea.  Wasn't in love with the shape, and results for me were way more spinny.  It is more forgiving and with the right shaft it probably could have performed very well, but in the end the shape wasn't something I love to dig in to find a shaft and I had already ordered the standard.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

15 hours ago, bogeypro said:

It took a week to build my order... With stock shafts?! I just called them and told them their competition can build it quicker and offers better shipping.  This isn't very impressive... 

To be fair I did call and they said they were waiting on certain items to come back so they could build, so seems supply chain issues are at least partially to blame. According to them once stuff comes in order should be built in a day or so. 

Finished my first brief range session with 0311XF 9° HZRDUS smoke rdx black 6.5. finding the middle of the face alot easier than the gen4 X (both stock playing length) definitely an improvement on sound, misses were not as punishing out of the heel compared to the gen4 X. Zero complaints, PXG knocked this one out of the park. Big TS3 vibes for me. Instant connection

I received my 0311 X driver, fairway, and hybrid today and went to play 9 alongside my current Callaway epic speed max LS driver, epic speed 3 wood, Apex hybrid.  All pxg are shafted with smoke black rdx 6.5.  Callaway driver has smoke black 6.5, 3 wood has smoke green, hybrid has some Mitsubishi shaft...

Build quality:  A+.  The build quality appears to be excellent and the packaging was very good.  All grips, ferrels, etc were excellent with no issues.  Everything was aligned correctly.  Everything was cleaned up and perfect.  Shipping was slow, but at least they require a signature so it can't get stolen.  They also have excellent headcovers.  

Customer service: A+ I actually messed up my order and called back the next day to change it.  They answered the phone quickly and were very polite.  They made the changes and it all turned out correct.  I had called a few times complaining about shipping issues... Every time I called, they were nice and accommodating.  

Performance: A+. I hit about 3 or 4 balls with both the Callaway and pxg club on every hole.  Distance was neck and neck with every club.  The hybrid was particularly awesome.. very easy to hit (didn't seem to want to hook).  I like the sound too.  They have a good sound...  just loud enough to know you hit it, but no ting sound.  Very pleasing to my ear.  

Value: A+ price, build quality, performance, customer success... All adds up to a great value.

I was very pleasantly surprised.  I didn't want to like pxg, but they have a winner here.  I will no longer bash them.  LOL

• Like 1

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter