2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)

SheriffBooth

Took my little boy to get his hair cut Saturday morning.  They had a LIV event from last year on the TV using the CW app.  Barber is a member at my club and he and I got to talking about it some.  He said he was a fan of the rapid-fire aspect of the broadcast and that the whole round is compressed into about 4.5 hours.

Late forties guy who plays 2-3 times per week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bcjim said:

He's not worth much in the US market.  Consider how many Americans know who Jon Rahm is. Whatever you think that is.   Now reduce that by 80%. At least. 

It would bring a lot of eyes from Japan as well as a large part of the golfers in Asia.

That and I enjoy watching him play. I'd be disappointed to not have him on the PGAT.

Then there's Norman gloating with that smug look on his face knowing he has just taken a well-respected player known internationally. He just won and would be another Masters Champion signed.

IMO he's a much better sign than Rahm.

I think he stays with the PGAT.

12 minutes ago, jjtour said:

Rahm mystified why Tiger doesnt want to talk to him.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/39609749/jon-rahm-tiger-woods-answer-texts-liv-move

Whatever the media training they give these LIV guys, it's sure making them less likable. Rahm used to be a solid guy to root for, but the more he talks about "I did it for a boatload of money, whats your problem with that", the more it's like man STFU no one wants to hear your side of how many mega millions you're getting. A little self awareness would go a long ways with some of these fools.

It looked like a hostage video. His body language is all sorts of awkward and weird. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

It looked like a hostage video. His body language is all sorts of awkward and weird. 

You're probably not far off. Mr. Rahm you gotta earn your $500 mill saudi bucks.

Another thing I was just thinking of, is Rahm the only one that has left for LIV that would have been in the August 2022 Delaware players meeting with Tiger and all the stars of the tour? I cant really think of another guy off the top of my head, maybe I'm wrong. But with how much of a hypocrite Rahm looks like after what he said about LIV originally being a farce, probably being instrumental in getting the signature events and money pumping into the tour, the TGL thing, then bolting anyways to LIV, gotta think he's not gonna be too well liked by anyone on the PGAT for a while.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Dicka said:

I partially agree with this sentiment...other than the fact I don't want them to have a majority say on how professional golf should be run. It's clear many of their motives aren't just the health of the sport...and say whatever you like about the PGA Tour, and I think they've done plenty to harm professional golf from a global perspective, if it comes to a choice between them and the Saudi Royal Family, I know who I'm choosing, even if I have to hold my nose doing it.

Obviously the best outcome would be for the Saudis to have a minority, yet significant stake in the game (I think we're at the point where their money is just overwhelming everything unfortunately), some amount of private equity, and a majority owned by a combination of current world tours...and we end up with some form of unification that sees the top players play against each other, week in, week out.

And end all this LIV vs PGA Tour BS...it's killing any enjoyment in the professional game.

I read a snippet of an interview with Norman yesterday where he says he takes ALL emotion out of business...his exact words were "One thing I do is I take emotion out of everything. I'm very good at that. I don't bring emotion into business. I don't bring emotion into anything".

I mean, seriously. 

Yasir/MBS don’t even care about the golf. MBS said in a interview that the deal with the PGAT can help increase his GDP by X% so its a no brainer. I remember last Slumber said last year he’d be open to a PIF investment. Part of me wonders if Yasir gets his board seat on the PGAT, Augusta membership and R&A membership what’s the need to keep financing LIV?

Edited by stinger_gc

5 hours ago, jjtour said:

Gooch saying Gooch things

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/39609515/talor-gooch-questions-validity-masters-victory-snub

I actually laughed out loud at the part he says about an asterisk besides a Masters victory cuz "some" of the best players in the world arent in the field. Would that also apply to Brooks' PGA victory last year since Mr. Gooch and others were not in the field? Tell Brooksy you're putting an asterisk on his win Talor, I dare ya.

Apparently, Talor's parents forgot to give him a brain along with a "Y".

And some call golf a "cerebral" game 🙂

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, jjtour said:

Gooch saying Gooch things

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/39609515/talor-gooch-questions-validity-masters-victory-snub

I actually laughed out loud at the part he says about an asterisk besides a Masters victory cuz "some" of the best players in the world arent in the field. Would that also apply to Brooks' PGA victory last year since Mr. Gooch and others were not in the field? Tell Brooksy you're putting an asterisk on his win Talor, I dare ya.

It is the same guy saying that playing in LIV events (in front of hundreds of spectators) is like playing in the Ryder Cup, which he never did, in front of 50 thousand fans. Maybe there should be an asterisk next to all European wins? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

It is the same guy saying that playing in LIV events (in front of hundreds of spectators) is like playing in the Ryder Cup, which he never did, in front of 50 thousand fans. Maybe there should be an asterisk next to all European wins? 

Forgot about that. This guy does have some entertaining sound bites I'll give him that. If there was a major for saying something so stupid you'd think it's a joke but it's not, Talor is my champion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I'm excited for AK to return...but...by the looks of it, he has accumulated some HARD miles over the past decade. The party life...ugh...nose transformation...I hope he can still play. 

image.png.c68dbb82fb3d30b5f6832c4d2100656b.pngimage.png.81ef98fa555358aa51e6e80cba543921.png

I mean yeah it’s been 12 years. Just for context, Ernie Els has won a major since AK last teed it up.

'I think he’s writing a book, so there is that,” said McIlroy at PGA National, site of this week’s Cognizant (formerly Honda) Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. “I spoke to Chubby, might have saw him in the Middle East at the start of the year. Never know. He might know a few things. Who knows.”

Asked about Chandler’s comments that there was a good chance he would go and was it even at 10%, McIlroy said, smiling: “Somewhere in the middle maybe, who knows.”

https://www.si.com/golf/2024/02/28/rory-mcilroy-responds-former-agent-liv-golf

Not exactly a strong denial

Edited by pgapromex
  • Haha 1