2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed at it again (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)

Krt22

18 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

Readers who have followed PR’s career may find some of his comments in the recent golf.com post laughable, straining credulity. 

https://golf.com/news/media-black-hat-patrick-reed-lawsuit-liv/?fbclid=IwAR3O3RqM9odYeBQ51R64ub0jRAMskxWMmZcxpuDar0C3j_p6rE2vYienU_I

Wonder how his former teammates at Univ of Georgia would respond to knowing “the true me”….?

https://golf.com/news/tournaments/a-brief-history-of-patrick-reeds-highs-and-controversial-lows/

Said my granddad (as I’m sure did many others), “son, when you’re in a hole, stop digging”. 

The whole thing is a good interview covers a lot of ground:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f32b34d8-30fa-11ed-8aac-a88bcab0d5ab?shareToken=3cd6ecdd596545e0dc4f3e2254e7108f

I always quite liked him and his game, and feel a bit sorry for him.... But jeez he is hard to defend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hammersia said:

I always quite liked him and his game, and feel a bit sorry for him.... But jeez he is hard to defend. 

The thing is, if it wasn't for his garbage personality, I think a lot of people would like him. He has a super simple/clean swing, his short game is insanely good, he's super competitive and clutch at times (see Ryder Cup). His Ryder Cap match vs Rory was an all timer. It's almost amazing how quickly he's destroyed all the goodwill from his "Capt. America" days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch1008 said:

The thing is, if it wasn't for his garbage personality, I think a lot of people would like him. He has a super simple/clean swing, his short game is insanely good, he's super competitive and clutch at times (see Ryder Cup). His Ryder Cap match vs Rory was an all timer. It's almost amazing how quickly he's destroyed all the goodwill from his "Capt. America" days. 

100% agree. He was one of the only ones to go for the green in two at 15 and deservedly won. 

Must be some sort of self destruct thing.

Edited by hammersia

16 hours ago, Dutch1008 said:

15 hours ago, hammersia said:

100% agree. He was one of the only ones to go for the green in two at 15 and deservedly won. 

Must be some sort of self destruct thing.

Agreed, there is a lot to like when you remove that actual person and his behavior from the equation. He is deadly with a wedge or putter in his hand and I love how he putts like he's irritated the ball isn't already in the hole. He just has the Luke Donald problem of being both short AND crooked off the tee these days.

As far as destroying goodwill and self destructing, honestly I think it's simply that he doesn't really care. Whatever his priorities are in life, being liked/likeable clearly isn't one of them. Interviews having him being another one of those obsessive loner competitors the just lives to play the game and doesn't care about much else. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

• 3 weeks later...

Patrick Reed Drops Lawsuit Against Golf Channel and Brandel Chamblee

Bob Harig - Yesterday 9:05 PM
  • Reed, now with LIV Golf, had filed a $750 million suit alleging that the commentator and network had tried to destroy his reputation for years.

Patrick Reed has dropped his lawsuit against Golf Channel and analyst Brandel Chamblee.

The 2018 Masters champion pulled his $750 million suit in a Texas federal court in a filing Wednesday night. The court action was reported by the Athletic.

Reed, who joined LIV Golf, alleged that Chamblee and the network had been "actively targeting Reed since he was 23 years old, to destroy his reputation, create hate, and a hostile work environment for him, and with the intention to discredit his name and accomplishments as a young, elite, world-class golfer."

Seems PR is finally listening to the right people. At least in regard to the lawsuit.

image.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vjswing said:

Just to update, Reed withdrew the lawsuit from the Texas federal court, but has refiled in Florida, adding new defendants.

Patrick Reed refiles defamation suit, adds Damon Hack, Shane Bacon, Eamon Lynch to claim - The Athletic

Wonder if they changed States of filing because his looney attorney, Larry Klayman, was disbarred or banned from another court room? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, vjswing said:

Just to update, Reed withdrew the lawsuit from the Texas federal court, but has refiled in Florida, adding new defendants.

Patrick Reed refiles defamation suit, adds Damon Hack, Shane Bacon, Eamon Lynch to claim - The Athletic

Along with the PGA and DP World Tours and their commissioners Jay Monahan and Keith Pelley.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Patrick Reed at it again (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)
22 hours ago, Dr. Block said:

I've long been a fan of Reed as a golfer. I like his swing. I like the way he flights and shapes his iron shots. I especially like his short game - maybe the best hands in the game right now. I never ever would have thought he was this stupid.

I don't care who really has their foot on the throttle with this lawsuit, for him to even be associated with this, is really stupid on his part. This isn't the WWF in the 80's, there is nothing to gain by being this much of a heel. 

It's his foot on the throttle. I really like his game too and he's fun to watch golf, but how many times does he need to make it clear that this is who he is before we stop blaming his wife or agent or whoever else?

• Like 4

I'm glad he named the others. For anyone who watches golf, especially the golf channel, since Patrick came around knows how much those guys bashed on him, made him out to be a monster from day one, and turned the GC reporting into TMZ. Go after all of them particularly Damon Hack, who's nothing but a hack and a semi/full on-moron. Can he win, I don't know but shame on all those guys, especially Brandel, even though I love him and find him the most enjoyable and educational one to watch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FootWedge16 said:

Go home PoolPond, you're drunk

Screen-Shot-2020-11-29-at-4.25.12-PM-768x432.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Danielson said:

It's his foot on the throttle. I really like his game too and he's fun to watch golf, but how many times does he need to make it clear that this is who he is before we stop blaming his wife or agent or whoever else?

Speaking to the foot on the throttle line, when this lawsuit first made the news, part of me thought the upstart league that shall remain nameless may have been behind it for some propaganda type reason. But, I don't know, yeesh...I'm not sure they are that stupid either. You may have hit the nail on the head, Reed is gonna wear this one, and by association magnify all of his other picadillo's.  He should do himself a favor and quit while he's behind.    

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

To all of those I argued with over and defended  Reed to …..I apologize.  

You are smart.  I am dumb.  You are reasonable ..I am not.  You are attractive , I am not a handsome man …. 😂 

the guy has lost his marbles. Who sues  Damon hack ?   He’s about as milk toast as mr Rodgers.  Wouldn’t say S if he had a mouth  full of it.  Beyond the pale.  

I still like Reed 🤣

Hey, he goes around blowing stuff up. He don’t care what anybody says. 

Kind of entertaining 

Masters dinner should be fun. He subpoena Tiger, you know?! 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, carrier street said:

God I hope this makes it to discovery. There are so many rumors about what a nightmare PReed's "team" was for the Tour. Imagine if all of their communications and demands come public. It will be a tsunami of pettiness. I will swim in it like Scrooge McDuck in his vault.

The true identity of UseGolfFACTS will come out!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I still like Reed 🤣

Kind of entertaining 

Lol. I will alwasy understand his feud with his parents more than most.  That didn’t happen for no reason.  And it triggers something in me when sheltered folks demonize the decision  to cut ties.  

but Damon Hack ??  We have to have some  line somewhere !!  Lol. 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Is there anywhere that I can gamble on him not getting an invite to the Masters this year? Because I will wager kingdoms that he's not stepping foot on ANGC anytime soon, and it will have nothing to do with for whom he chooses to ply his trade...

• Like 2

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

5 minutes ago, Danielson said:

The true identity of UseGolfFACTS will come out!

She is a national treasure. A treasure that should be protected by sealing it in a vault for all of eternity.

• Haha 4

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

23 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I still like Reed 🤣

Kind of entertaining 

If I want to see things blown up I'll watch an old episode of Mythbusters 🙂

• Haha 4