2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed at it again (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)

Krt22

44 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Any shock that it is the PGA Tour posting this. It’s almost like they enjoy losing lawsuits. Wonder why they don’t continuously play Tiger’s drop at Augusta?

Read it again. It's NOT the pga tour. Also it isn't 3 grains, 10 grains or a thousand grains of sand. Details matter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

Any shock that it is the PGA Tour posting this. It’s almost like they enjoy losing lawsuits. Wonder why they don’t continuously play Tiger’s drop at Augusta?

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Except on WrX ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

2 hours ago, Dpavs said:

He is by no means a saint but he's probably not the demon lots of people try to make him out to be either. I believe that there are and always have been a number of self absorbed personalities on tour. I think PR is filterless when it comes to this and hence is just not a very likeable fellow for most of us which in turn amplifies all the other stuff that gets noticed.

Absolutely. Once you have a reputation then action every falls under extra scrutiny. That's why it's better to be humble instead of an a hole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

Check it out

'My client's move to LIV Golf was primarily due to this mistreatment, where adequate security was not even provided at PGA Tour events,' Klayman said in the lawsuit 

'Where hostile fans vilified and threatened Mr. Reed, his wife, caddie, and coach, thanks to the rank defamation and other alleged illegal acts of Defendants in these two recently filed lawsuits.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11381951/amp/Patrick-Reed-claims-medias-pathologically-obsessed-mistreatment-LIV-Golf-move.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Check it out

'My client's move to LIV Golf was primarily due to this mistreatment, where adequate security was not even provided at PGA Tour events,' Klayman said in the lawsuit 

'Where hostile fans vilified and threatened Mr. Reed, his wife, caddie, and coach, thanks to the rank defamation and other alleged illegal acts of Defendants in these two recently filed lawsuits.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11381951/amp/Patrick-Reed-claims-medias-pathologically-obsessed-mistreatment-LIV-Golf-move.html

Careful referring anything about that other tour! I got zapped in this thread for spelling it out.

*From your friendly neighborhood Batman* 

Ben Affleck Rain GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Snead said:

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Except on WrX ...

Yep, by the math, Reed has one document penalty in a PGA event. How many does Tiger have? I get Reed isn't likeable. He isn't my favorite at all, but people bash him like he drowns puppies while Tiger is out destroying 5's at Dennys. They are both on the same level to me. Yeah, Tiger has won more, but Reed hasn't shown any illegal dependency issues yet.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Yep, by the math, Reed has one document penalty in a PGA event. How many does Tiger have? I get Reed isn't likeable. He isn't my favorite at all, but people bash him like he drowns puppies while Tiger is out destroying 5's at Dennys. They are both on the same level to me. Yeah, Tiger has won more, but Reed hasn't shown any illegal dependency issues yet.

Tiger has had pretty much every shot he has ever made in every tournament over 25 years scrutinized by TV cameras and the throngs of fans following him. 

PR? He’s had 1/10,000th the coverage and they got footage of him shoveling sand behind his ball 🤣

Heres his fellow pro confirming he cheated and making fun of him. Might as well sue him too ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Seems you're hellbent to make this thread about Tiger - give it a rest.

• Haha 1

Taylor Made Spider Mini

5 hours ago, Ghost of Snead said:

Seems you're hellbent to make this thread about Tiger - give it a rest.

Seems like you want me to not make comparisons to other golfers. What isn't fair. Both have a documented penalty on tour and are not liked by everyone. 

5 hours ago, tacklingdummy said:

It is comical to me that people get so emotionally wrapped up with Patrick Reed when he literally has no affect on anyone's lives. 😜

It is amazing that after 1 penalty, he hurts so many feelings just existing. Golfers are a sensitive bunch though. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

It is comical to me that people get so emotionally wrapped up with Patrick Reed when he literally has no affect on anyone's lives. 😜

You mean except for all the people having to hire lawyers because Reed is currently suing them because he's so emotionally wrapped up in the mean things other people say about him?

Swear to god, I can feel this thread killing brain cells like it's a hit of nitrous in the parking lot waiting for the Allman's opening act to finish up, circa 1994's summer tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

It is amazing that after 1 penalty, he hurts so many feelings just existing. Golfers are a sensitive bunch though. 

It's not just 1 penalty that has made him unlikeable and you know that, but go ahead and carry the torch. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Taylor Made Spider Mini

59 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

You can just come out and say you’re a PR fan, you know

🤣

td! every time I see you post it brings back flashbacks of carrying tackling dummies over our heads if we screwed up too much in practice ; )

27 minutes ago, jmck said:

You mean except for all the people having to hire lawyers because Reed is currently suing them because he's so emotionally wrapped up in the mean things other people say about him?

Swear to god, I can feel this thread killing brain cells like it's a hit of nitrous in the parking lot waiting for the Allman's opening act to finish up, circa 1994's summer tour.

Yeah, they have a reason to dislike Reed, but they were hating on him a ton before which is the reason for the suit. Of course, the money is excessive in the suit. However, I think he does have a case because they did hurt his reputation by broadcasting to millions of people that he was a cheater when he just broke rules and did get penalized for them.  Which should have been the end of the story. However, the commentators on TV and writers kept badmouthing him that he was cheater and it created big mobs that stalked and hated on him while playing at tournaments which did affect his play and earnings. Distractions do affect play negatively and minds do get influenced by the commentators on TV and writers of articles.  

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

You can just come out and say you’re a PR fan, you know

🤣

td! every time I see you post it brings back flashbacks of carrying tackling dummies over our heads if we screwed up too much in practice ; )

I have played golf all my life and I am a fan of Patrick Reed's game. His technique and game is top level. It seems he is totally committed to every shot. Always holds his finish with very little hands off the club, dropping the club, or vague swings. PRs short game is probably his strength though. Tiger even said he was one of the best bunker players in the game. He is fun to watch and definitely one of the top players in the world.

Personally, I don't get caught up in all the gossip drama he said/she said stuff. To me, it is just all about the golf. 

Glad I can help with your childhood memories. 😂

Edited by tacklingdummy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jmck said:

I feel seen. 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

Guess I'm a little surprised that Reed has not sued any of his former teammates at UGa and Augusta as IMO, the on-course and locker room incidents might have started the whole ball rolling. Somehow those stories made it to social media and periodicals so someone spoke up. 

Taylor Made Spider Mini

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

No he doesn't/wasn't you goofballs, lol. Slander/defamation as a LEGAL precedent does not care about your opinion or what you feel should or should not have happened. You literally undercut your own case by saying that "cheater when he just broke rules" because slander/defamation REQUIRES the statements be untrue, which they aren't. He cheated, he got caught, and whether or not you feel like the media piled on is irrelevant regarding the legal action he is taking since the underlying statements were true by all measure.

You can make the case all you want that they went "too far" in vilifying him, but he is just as guilty as they are in how he fed into it. Therefore Patrick will sit there and watch his attempted legal cases like this...

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxruyrwWokCDCDsLelix5LOb-NvuEW3Nza

Don't you think you really getting too emotionally triggered with him when he has no effect on your life? 😂 It is just golf. 😜Perhaps just let the courts, laws, and judges determine the outcome. 

Even Rory gave him the benefit of the doubt for his rules infraction.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/2019-rory-mcilroy-weighs-patrick-reed-rule-violation

12 hours ago, Valtiel said:

No he doesn't/wasn't you goofballs, lol. Slander/defamation as a LEGAL precedent does not care about your opinion or what you feel should or should not have happened. You literally undercut your own case by saying that "cheater when he just broke rules" because slander/defamation REQUIRES the statements be untrue, which they aren't. He cheated, he got caught, and whether or not you feel like the media piled on is irrelevant regarding the legal action he is taking since the underlying statements were true by all measure.

You can make the case all you want that they went "too far" in vilifying him, but he is just as guilty as they are in how he fed into it. Therefore Patrick will sit there and watch his attempted legal cases like this...

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxruyrwWokCDCDsLelix5LOb-NvuEW3Nza

Agree and well said. One more addition:

Slander can only be applied to statements of fact. An opinion by definition is not slander. And cheating is, by definition, an OPINION about a player's motive. Whether or not a player broke a rule is a statement of fact, and is not disputed. Whether or not a player intended to cheat when breaking said rule is by definition unknowable to an observer outside the player's conscience, and therefore an opinion about the player's character, and is NOT a statement of fact. 

I haven't read the amended complaint since the case was moved to FL, or any additions since more defendants were named. But the original case was weak tea. Effectively EVERYTHING he put in there could be defended as opinion and I didn't see any statements of fact that PR could prove were untrue. Given the extraordinarily high burden of proof for defamation against a "public figure", it's even harder to get there in a defamation case.

Even if you like PR and hate what the media is doing to him, he's gonna lose this lawsuit, badly. 

• Like 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

35 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Agree and well said. One more addition:

Slander can only be applied to statements of fact. An opinion by definition is not slander. And cheating is, by definition, an OPINION about a player's motive. Whether or not a player broke a rule is a statement of fact, and is not disputed. Whether or not a player intended to cheat when breaking said rule is by definition unknowable to an observer outside the player's conscience, and therefore an opinion about the player's character, and is NOT a statement of fact. 

I haven't read the amended complaint since the case was moved to FL, or any additions since more defendants were named. But the original case was weak tea. Effectively EVERYTHING he put in there could be defended as opinion and I didn't see any statements of fact that PR could prove were untrue. Given the extraordinarily high burden of proof for defamation against a "public figure", it's even harder to get there in a defamation case.

Even if you like PR and hate what the media is doing to him, he's gonna lose this lawsuit, badly. 

Well he's using an attorney that's used to losing so he's on the right track 🙂

• Haha 1

Skimming through this thread, i find it amusing and revealing when folks feel that if a golfer purposely breaks a rule, he is not cheating because he is penalized for the infraction.....Does anyone actually think PR was not trying to gain an advantage outside the rules in that bunker?  Forget about what others have done, do you really think he was not cheating?

• Like 4