2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed at it again (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)

Krt22

1 hour ago, morgan1819 said:

No, just no.  Show me where someone steps on Rory's ball.

Here is video proof you are wrong.  5:03 mark.

These guys both did the same thing.  Yes, they were both suspicious.  But it was literally the same.  Rory's ball did not bounce back into the original divot ... watch the video closely.

So two guys do the same thing, and they come after one of them with pitch forks.  The Rory drop was treated very delicately by the Golf Channel.  Brushed under the rug, so to speak.  Not so much for Reed.

It's just a factual observation.  I could care less about either one of these two.

A volunteer admitted it. The video cuts off after Rory’s shot and doesn’t show it being stepped on. A ball being embedded in its own pitch mark in the rough is pretty much impossible. Rory’s was stepped on, Reed’s was pushed in with his hands. Reed will lie straight to your face, ie the Hero sand shot because he thrives on being the enemy.

Edited by Holy Moses
  • Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

10 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

A volunteer admitted it 

Very interesting that the cameras never showed anyone near the ball.  

But extremely convenient for everyone involved for a random volunteer to 'admit' this, after the world saw his ball bounce forward.

• Haha 2

Woods/Fairways:  Callaway with Mitsubishi shafts

Irons:  Srixon with Dynamic Gold shafts

30 minutes ago, morgan1819 said:

Very interesting that the cameras never showed anyone near the ball.  

But extremely convenient for everyone involved for a random volunteer to 'admit' this, after the world saw his ball bounce forward.

image.jpeg.60c4fe607700cd8abf5b9f2cdbb22416.jpeg

Edited by Motoboss
  • Haha 2

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

4 hours ago, jmck said:

Gonna prove that Reed DIDN"T cheat that one time........by insisting there must have been a conspiracy between the PGA Tour, a tournament volunteer, and a Northern Irish leprechaun.  

Oh?  Uh, all those other times?  Ummm, let's not talk about all those other times.

All the while the Tour has gone to great lengths to protect Reed and every other player. There is no conspiracy - Reed is just a cheater and a liar. 

• Like 3

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Apologies, as I am old and infirm. But is Patrick Reed still a "thing" (as my GenZ employees say)? I mean I think I remember that a few years ago he was the "next Tiger" du jour (they all last about two or three years), but thought I heard he was so insecure about his future that he went to that Silly Season tour, where you play on YouTube and sue people as your SOP. Sort of one of the Kardashians of the pro golf world ("famous for being famous").

PS. "Not a Lawyer, but I play one on TV" (do a lot of contract work for the company I own), and having a weird, bottom rung ambulance chaser - level guy sue for some kind of obscure defamation for saying Reed is an idiot and a cheater? Well, this thing will be thrown out in a heartbeat in Texas (the most conservative circuit in the US). Not how they roll down there. Tru dat. 

Not actually a fan of Chamblee, but he didn't cross any legal lines for goodness sake. Will be kinda fun to watch Reed get humiliated on court. 

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, bobfoster said:

Apologies, as I am old and infirm. But is Patrick Reed still a "thing" (as my GenZ employees say)? I mean I think I remember that a few years ago he was the "next Tiger" du jour (they all last about two or three years), but thought I heard he was so insecure about his future that he went to that Silly Season tour, where you play on YouTube and sue people as your SOP. Sort of one of the Kardashians of the pro golf world ("famous for being famous").

PS. "Not a Lawyer, but I play one on TV" (do a lot of contract work for the company I own), and having a weird, bottom rung ambulance chaser - level guy sue for some kind of obscure defamation for saying Reed is an idiot and a cheater? Well, this thing will be thrown out in a heartbeat in Texas (the most conservative circuit in the US). Not how they roll down there. Tru dat. 

Not actually a fan of Chamblee, but he didn't cross any legal lines for goodness sake. Will be kinda fun to watch Reed get humiliated on court. 

Reed needs to sue so he can be the enemy. He loves it and on LIV it’s hard to do. This suit won’t even make it to court. 

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

18 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

A volunteer admitted it. The video cuts off after Rory’s shot and doesn’t show it being stepped on. A ball being embedded in its own pitch mark in the rough is pretty much impossible. Rory’s was stepped on, Reed’s was pushed in with his hands. Reed will lie straight to your face, ie the Hero sand shot because he thrives on being the enemy.

To be honest I am not a Patrick or a Rory fan for very different reasons which really aren't important. That said IMO, the whole "he cheated, he didn't" thing is much more about who the public likes and who they don't than anything else in this instance.

Here is one quote from Todd Lewis who reported the episode for the Golf Channel.

“Yeah, that same thing that happened to Patrick Reed happened to me on 18,” Lewis said McIlroy told him. “He was very open and honest about it.”

According to Golf Channel reporter Todd Lewis, a marshal pointed out where the ball landed, McIlroy examined the ball to determine whether it was embedded, as allowed under Rule 16.4, and told playing partner Rory Sabbatini that he thought it was. Without calling over a Rules official, McIlroy took a drop and hit his third shot. 

Also Reed’s drop on 10 declared ‘textbook’ by a PGA rules official.

The whole thing about the ball being stepped on came after the fact when Rory started to doubt whether he had done the right thing or not didn't it? And it was never stated directly to Rory by any volunteer. To me it was just a bunch of BS drummed up by the Tour after the fact (insert not at all shocked if this is true face here). Below is the accounting of what I deem to be a highly suspect add on to the incident.

As reported on Golf.Com

“Did I do the right thing? Did I play by the rules? Did I see something that wasn’t there?” McIlroy wondered. “I just started to doubt myself a little bit, which is not like me. But I was convinced that it was an embedded ball.”

But then he heard a detail from the PGA Tour that painted the incident in an entirely different manner: On Monday, a volunteer had come forward to say he’d stepped on McIlroy’s ball while trying to find it that afternoon, suggesting that the ball may have embedded from his shoe rather than its own original pitch mark.

“The Tour got an email on Monday that it had been stepped on and the volunteer said something like, ‘I’m so sorry that Rory is being dragged into this scenario, but I didn’t tell him that I actually stood on his ball to find it.'”

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, Gdane said:

On-brand for someone that would join the Liv tour.

Wow, so every one of them is a POS no matter what?  Judge much? On subject but old news:  PR is a DB...pic in dictionary by definition.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

2 hours ago, Dpavs said:

To be honest I am not a Patrick or a Rory fan for very different reasons which really aren't important. That said IMO, the whole "he cheated, he didn't" thing is much more about who the public likes and who they don't than anything else in this instance.

Here is one quote from Todd Lewis who reported the episode for the Golf Channel.

“Yeah, that same thing that happened to Patrick Reed happened to me on 18,” Lewis said McIlroy told him. “He was very open and honest about it.”

According to Golf Channel reporter Todd Lewis, a marshal pointed out where the ball landed, McIlroy examined the ball to determine whether it was embedded, as allowed under Rule 16.4, and told playing partner Rory Sabbatini that he thought it was. Without calling over a Rules official, McIlroy took a drop and hit his third shot. 

Also Reed’s drop on 10 declared ‘textbook’ by a PGA rules official.

The whole thing about the ball being stepped on came after the fact when Rory started to doubt whether he had done the right thing or not didn't it? And it was never stated directly to Rory by any volunteer. To me it was just a bunch of BS drummed up by the Tour after the fact (insert not at all shocked if this is true face here). Below is the accounting of what I deem to be a highly suspect add on to the incident.

As reported on Golf.Com

“Did I do the right thing? Did I play by the rules? Did I see something that wasn’t there?” McIlroy wondered. “I just started to doubt myself a little bit, which is not like me. But I was convinced that it was an embedded ball.”

But then he heard a detail from the PGA Tour that painted the incident in an entirely different manner: On Monday, a volunteer had come forward to say he’d stepped on McIlroy’s ball while trying to find it that afternoon, suggesting that the ball may have embedded from his shoe rather than its own original pitch mark.

“The Tour got an email on Monday that it had been stepped on and the volunteer said something like, ‘I’m so sorry that Rory is being dragged into this scenario, but I didn’t tell him that I actually stood on his ball to find it.'”

Exactly.

1)  Interesting how the volunteer managed to somehow not show up on any video ... anywhere.  A borderline miracle with network cameras following every second of Rory's round, plus 1000's of cell phones recording. 

2)  Volunteer remains anonymous.  Zero follow-up.  Ever.

3)  Rory never mentions anyone going near his ball.  Never even a consideration at any point.  In soggy conditions like they had, it's pretty obvious if someone has left a big a** footprint where your ball is.

4)  The invisible 'volunteer' chose not to mention it to anyone at the time that they stepped on the ball ... but decide later on that they should probably say something after the video surfaces of the ball bouncing forward?  Why on earth wouldn't you just say you think you stepped on the ball at the time it happened?

Several rather implausible scenarios.

Exactly.

1)  Interesting how the volunteer managed to somehow not show up on any video ... anywhere.  A borderline miracle with network cameras following every second of Rory's round, plus 1000's of cell phones recording. 

3)  Rory never mentions anyone going near his ball.  Never even a consideration at any point.  In soggy conditions like they had, it's pretty obvious if someone has left a big a** footprint where your ball is.

4)  The invisible 'volunteer' chose not to mention it to anyone at the time that they stepped on the ball ... but decide later on that they should probably say something after the video surfaces of the ball bouncing forward?  Why on earth wouldn't you just say you think you stepped on the ball at the time it happened?

Excellent elements for a great conspiracy theory.

Kudos. 👍 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Exactly.

Pretty sure Golf Channel showed video of the volunteer early on. In the released video, we see the Shotlink and scoring volunteers maybe 10-20 away from Rory’s ball. We know they were near it. 

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

34 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Excellent elements for a great conspiracy theory.

Kudos. 👍 

So whats your theory on why the volunteer didn't bother to mention they stepped on a ball at the time they stepped on it?

Just figured it was no big deal that they stepped on Rory's ball ... figuring that he probably wouldn't notice?

Well thought out on your part.  👍

12 minutes ago, morgan1819 said:

So whats your theory on why the volunteer didn't bother to mention they stepped on a ball at the time they stepped on it?

Just figured it was no big deal that they stepped on Rory's ball ... figuring that he probably wouldn't notice?

Well thought out on your part.  👍

I suggested you had 4 excellent "theories".

Never gave much thought to why he(?) waited.

Guilt ?

But what I DO know is you only have conjecture, and conjecture is not proof/evidence.

Then again, conspiracy theories are all the rage for quite a while now. coffee.gif

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

It actually doesn't matter if anyone stepped on his ball or not.  Rory was given a total pass before the random volunteer appeared out of nowhere with the new narrative ... so it's a moot point.  Chamblee and Diaz had a boner for Reed, and were going to get as much mileage out of it as they could.  It's good for business.

My 'theory' is that the coverage was biased because they have hate for Reed (because of his past incidents), and love for Rory because he's a likable little guy.

Again, not a Reed fan, but the biased coverage was hilarious.  Obviously Reed and his attorneys feel strongly about it.

Edited by morgan1819

To be fair, I don't think anyone can say conclusively what was in each players mind at the time can we? We know what the players themselves have said and we know that the Tour at the time believed and indicated that each player acted correctly under the circumstances. The rest is all conjecture on our parts isn't it?

Also, to be honest, the examining of the circumstances surrounding or under which a statement is made is actually a valid approach in weighing it's potential validity and despite that there is some general misunderstanding of regarding this, circumstantial evidence is still valid evidence. The question always is, does the evidence, circumstantial or otherwise meet a specific required standard of proof. Therein is where the rub comes though right? 😉 The standard of proof in the court of public opinion is not really a standard at all. It is very likely as varied as the number of people who have an opinion one way or the other.

2 hours ago, morgan1819 said:

It actually doesn't matter if anyone stepped on his ball or not.  

AFF81EED-CCC2-4364-81EA-D5D68FC905C9.gif

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

I think Reed may have a case because Chamblee is singling out Reed as a cheater, but nobody else. Tons of players have had blatant rules infractions, but Chamblee hasn't called them cheaters?  If Chamblee referred to all the players that have had blatant rules infractions as cheaters, then there would be no issue. 

12 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

I think Reed may have a case because Chamblee is singling out Reed as a cheater.

It only takes a quick google search on the requirements of a defamation case to see that "singling out" has nothing to do with anything legally. Plus, several requirements must be met in order to prove any kind of defamation, chief among them that the statement must be false, which I don't see how Reed and Co would ever be able to prove. 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

• GwrxMod changed the title to Patrick Reed at it again (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)