Jump to content

Presidents Cup International Squad (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)


theodoreb
 Share

Recommended Posts

OMG, Check out the Presidents Cup International Squad. 

 

Will anyone watch? Does this team even have a snowballs chance?

 

Anyone have any info on some of these first timers?

 

Tough times for International golf. 

 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34534526/trevor-immelman-reveals-six-presidents-cup-captain-picks-2022-giving-international-team-eight-total-first-rs

Edited by GwrxMod
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • theodoreb changed the title to Presidents Cup International Squad
17 minutes ago, theodoreb said:

OMG, Check out the Presidents Cup International Squad. 

 

Will anyone watch? Does this team even have a snowballs chance?

 

Anyone have any info on some of these first timers?

 

Tough times for European golf. 

 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34534526/trevor-immelman-reveals-six-presidents-cup-captain-picks-2022-giving-international-team-eight-total-first-rs

 

Since when does the Presidents Cup International team have anything to do with Europe ?  

  • Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Snooze fest, I mean literally, who on that team is going to bring any energy.  Trevor is leading the lambs to slaughter.

 

Do tell us who you would have picked if you were Immelman

  • Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

 

Do tell us who you would have picked if you were Immelman

That’s part of the problem, the international player pool isn’t deep, especially with CS, JN and others leaving.  If you aren’t the more talented bunch, you need some guys with fire in their belly’s to get an emotional edge, cause these guys are low key and boring and some of the other options are the same. 

Edited by NJBigFish22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Snooze fest, I mean literally, who on that team is going to bring any energy.  Trevor is leading the lambs to slaughter.

Well that may be the one thing the International Team has going for them is the lack of galvanizing personalities on it.  Maybe that plays into lower energy on the American side and they come out flat and struggle to recover from it?  Not saying that is going to play out that way but you never know.  These type of events typically aren't won on paper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theodoreb said:

OMG, Check out the Presidents Cup International Squad. 

 

Will anyone watch? Does this team even have a snowballs chance?

 

Anyone have any info on some of these first timers?

 

Tough times for International golf. 

 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34534526/trevor-immelman-reveals-six-presidents-cup-captain-picks-2022-giving-international-team-eight-total-first-rs

Maybe now that they’re rid of the dead weight the international team can win more often. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

That’s part of the problem, the international player pool isn’t deep, especially with CS, JN and others leaving.  If you aren’t the more talented bunch, you need some guys with fire in their belly’s to get an emotional edge, cause these guys are low key and boring and some of the other options are the same. 

 

Thanks for confirming where I thought you were headed with this ... 

  • Like 3

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who else could he have picked? Yes it is unfortunate that the team will not be full strength because of the division, but given his options, who else could he have picked? 

 

Could this be the last presidents cup? It really wont be fair fight as the Americans will destroy them. Going in with such a lopsided field, will people tune in? (honestly not sure if this was event that was watched anyway as it competes with football)

Edited by theodoreb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This wasn't going to be competitive even if the Intl team had C. Smith, Neimann, and Ancer. 

 

The US has 12 of the top 20 players in the world. Assuming Kisner replaces Zalatoris, the avg OWGR of the US team is 11.4. If I replace the 3 lowest ranked Intl players with Cam, Niemann, and Ancer, their average rank is still only 31.1. This was always going to be a beat down.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dutch1008 said:

This wasn't going to be competitive even if the Intl team had C. Smith, Neimann, and Ancer. 

 

The US has 12 of the top 20 players in the world. Assuming Kisner replaces Zalatoris, the avg OWGR of the US team is 11.4. If I replace the 3 lowest ranked Intl players with Cam, Niemann, and Ancer, their average rank is still only 31.1. This was always going to be a beat down.  

 

Yep but think how much the electric personalities of the guys that left would mean to the Internationals.

  • Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

Well that may be the one thing the International Team has going for them is the lack of galvanizing personalities on it.  Maybe that plays into lower energy on the American side and they come out flat and struggle to recover from it?  Not saying that is going to play out that way but you never know.  These type of events typically aren't won on paper.

We have seen many times in sports where overlooking your opponent gets you beat.  Just not sure if that will happen with the talent gap.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

 

Thanks for confirming where I thought you were headed with this ... 

The players left, who cares where they went!  Outside of the US, if you took 3 or 4 of the best players off the International side or the European side in the RC, it is going to have a major impact. What do you think Europe chances would be if you took Rory, Rahm, and 2 other top ranked players out of the 23 RC?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

We have seen many times in sports where overlooking your opponent gets you beat.  Just not sure if that will happen with the talent gap.  

 

I would agree that this is likely one of those instances where the cream will rise and if I had to wager $1K to pick the winner you better believe it would be on the US simply because of the disparity in talent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

I would agree that this is likely one of those instances where the cream will rise and if I had to wager $1K to pick the winner you better believe it would be on the US simply because of the disparity in talent.

Agree with this and am pretty confident that the US will roll. That said, Tiger and Phil are the two best players of their generation by leaps and bounds but you certainly wouldn't know that from looking at their Ryder Cup records. Perhaps because Tiger insisted on intimidating everyone and Phil's an ego-maniac nicknamed FIGJAM,  that those two just weren't designed for team golf. The current generation sans Brooks/Reed all seem pretty buddy buddy and perfectly suited for these types of events.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GwrxMod changed the title to Presidents Cup International Squad (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • 2022 RSM Classic - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 RSM Classic - Monday #1
      2022 RSM Classic - Monday #2
      2022 RSM Classic - Monday #3
       
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Matt Wallace - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
      Erik Barnes - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
      Spencer Ralston - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
      Palmer Jackson - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
      Scott Harrington - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
      Kyle Westmoreland - WITB - 2022 RSM Classic
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Nick Hardy's custom Swag putter - 2022 RSM Classic
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 19 replies
    • 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open - Monday #1
      2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open - Monday #2
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Johannes Veerman - WITB - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Danny Lee - WITB - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Ben Kern - So. Texas PGA Section Champ - WITB - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Justin Rose (mini WTB) custom JR irons - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Carson Young's custom Cameron - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      New Mitsubishi Tensei K series shaft - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Cameron putter - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Garrick Higgo’s custom Cameron - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      Tyler Duncan's custom Cameron putter - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
      New Super Stroke Zenergy grips - 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 8 replies
    • The 2022 CJ Cup at Congaree Golf Club – Discussion Thread
      General Galleries
       
      The 2022 CJ Cup – Tuesday Pt. 1 The 2022 CJ Cup – Wednesday Pt. 1  
      WITB
       
      Tommy Fleetwood WITB Shane Lowry WITB – 2022 CJ Cup  
       
       
      Pullout Threads
       
      Scottie Scheffler's custom Scotty Cameron mallet putter Kevin Kisner's new Callaway Apex TCB irons (w/ Nippon prototype shafts) Congaree hole-by-hole walking tour (hole Nos. 1-11, and 18) New Bettinardi Hexperimental Proto mallet putters – 2022 CJ Cup Tommy Fleetwood's custom Scotty Cameron Buttonback Masterful putter – 2022 CJ Cup New Srixon ZX5 MKII irons, and ZX MKII utility – 2022 CJ Cup Cameron Young's new Titleist TSR2+ 3-wood, TSR2 5-wood, SuperStroke putter grip – 2022 CJ Cup LA Golf P-Series 135 "Tom Kim" backup putter shafts – 2022 CJ Cup New Srixon ZX MKII fairway wood – 2022 CJ Cup  
       
       
       
      • 4 replies
    • Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid  – 2022 Shriners Children's Open
      Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, Ping G430 Max fairway wood – 2022 Shriners Children's Open
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 644 replies
    • New Srixon ZX7 MKII irons – 2022 Shriners Children's Open
      New Srixon ZX7 MKII irons – 2022 Shriners Children's Open
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 204 replies

×
×
  • Create New...