New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

30 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

Well I got my tour length LS with kai’li white 70 yesterday. Fellas I messed up bad. How could I leave my g400max. The countless strolls down the fairway we’ve had, hours spent in bliss on the range, the trips to foreign courses, the flat bombs that make the cart girls stop and stare and playing partners jealous. All gone with a click of the buy now button and a few USD. 

Played a quick E9 yesterday and to say I left confused, sad, and emotionally unstable is an understatement…

In all seriousness I regret not going with the blue to begin my experiment (because who would just go get fitted 🙄). I’ve had ballooning issues with most mid/mid shafts and am a typical low/low guy so grabbed the white. Super low piercing flight. Didn’t seem to knuckle ball out of the sky but launch needs brought up. Will continue experimenting with the head and shaft but I felt instant regret leaving the g400 at home. Now the experiment will begin. Have a Trono 65 coming already because why not lol. 

But in looks, feel, sound it destroys the ping. Just need to get that ball flight where I like it and I think the confidence will follow and we’ll see if it can make the cut 

This is why I only date my clubs and leave marriage to the naive, less of an emotional mess when you decide to go another direction. 

Spent last week bombing my Aerojet LS out in Vegas in tournament conditions. My Gen6 has been so good, but the LS has distance like no other. I saw it briefly before I headed out on the trip and now I'm back down at sea level and will put them head-to-head. Can't wait to see who becomes my flavor of the month.

• Like 1

Just now, snagy2000 said:

This is why I only date my clubs and leave marriage to the naive, less of an emotional mess when you decide to go another direction. 

Spent last week bombing my Aerojet LS out in Vegas in tournament conditions. My Gen6 has been so good, but the LS has distance like no other. I saw it briefly before I headed out on the trip and now I'm back down at sea level and will put them head-to-head. Can't wait to see who becomes my flavor of the month.

I know for a fact it was half mental for sure. I wasn’t swinging with any trust at all. It doesn’t help that my home course is essentially an unplayable or lost ball if you don’t find the fairway at the moment with the native area being wildly overgrown. I’ll give it a fair shake it’s just time and money and who doesn’t love a good experiment anyway 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

LTDX ls is longer to me. Mind you i've not dabbled with Aerojet weights yet.

• Like 1

Well guys I might be crazy but I’m thinking it could be me and not the AJ. 😂 Cranked up the loft to 10.5 and then took it down to 10. Instantly more confident, instantly better results. Have a couple shafts coming to experiment but absolutely butter nutted a few (between swings that made me ponder retiring from golf) and was feeling hopefull.

Maybe someday I’ll forget her name (g400 max)…

On 6/29/2023 at 11:50 AM, PNW said:

For anyone who has played both the LTDX LS and Aerojet LS at same loft model, e.g. 9* for both, did you see any launch or height differences? Cobra seems to market the Aerojet as somewhat higher launch than last year. Curious if that has played out for anyone. thanks

I personally hit the LTDX LS higher than the Aerojet in the same setting.  Played both a +1 setting , I've had to turn the Aerojet up to +1.5 to get the carry numbers up where I want them.   I'm still on the fence with the Aerojet - too many heely cuts for my liking occasionally but that's on me.  Still have my old M3 as the back up that I'm super consistent with .

Edited by Phabs
  • Thanks 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

9 hours ago, KenEvil said:

Got mine a couple weeks ago and becoming concerned with the consistency. Glad I kept the trusty TSI3.... 

Update - I now know why its squirrely. It's broken on the sole. Just noticed it. 

We need pics 

• Like 1

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Trono arrives tomorrow for my continued experiment. I’m liking it more and more but I’m worried I need to add a touch of spin but need to get on a LM. Made a wtb for the kai’li blue to give it a shot since I ordered with the white. Also thinking of playing with weights. I ordered the tour length so I have heavier heel and toe weights. Thinking of trying the stock set and adding some lead tape towards the back.

Then after doing all this I’ll put the g400 back in the bag 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

I love me AeroJet driver with a Ventus Red TR shaft.

Moved from the TSR 2 to the AeroJet, The best move that I have made in a while.

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 3 Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

Ping Hybrid # 22
Srixon X5 irons 5-GW with KBS shafts

Edison 2.0 54, 57 Wedges, VA Composites BadAzz shafts

Spider Tour Z  Putter

16 hours ago, bopper53 said:

I love me AeroJet driver with a Ventus Red TR shaft.

Moved from the TSR 2 to the AeroJet, The best move that I have made in a while.

Would love to try Ventus Red TR in my AJ LS. Playing a shaft that isn't overly tip stiff helped unlock this driver for me. Had Ventus Blue and AD TP in it to start and could not consistently turn the ball over. Miss was a big push. Glad I got the 10.5* instead of the 9* head too. Easily the longest driver I have ever had. 

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Tensei AV White 65X / BRNR 13.5 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

Well, well, well. I actually was not particularly interested the new Aerojet to be honest but... long story short, I just came back from a casual fitting where we tried the Stealth & Stealth+ (both previous year model and current Stealth 2), Paradym, Dynapower, TSR2, TSR3,  and my current gamers (PXG 0211 & E723).

I actually fully expected either the Titleist or the Taylormade to be the longest, albeit not necessarily the most consistent for me.

Low and behold the Aerojet was not only the most consistent, it was also the most accurate and the longest by 8-10 yards on average.

I have to be honest, this is not something I would have predicted.  😲

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 1

Moving on from my LS and going back to the standard head.   I’ve fought and fought and fought the LS all year and I’m over it.  

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

On 8/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, cw1209 said:

Would love to try Ventus Red TR in my AJ LS. 

Message me if you want one

Darkspeed LS 10.5 -  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Ive settled on the standard head, 10.5 dialed to 9.5 with the TR blue 6x.

Really like the club.  Very powerful and confidence inspiring.  Drove a par4 in an outing yesterday.  280 mini dog leg left up the hill.  Playing around 300ish.  Had a 20ft eagle putt.  Also had the long drive for a bit.

Edited by Lord Helmet
  • Like 2

Darkspeed LS 10.5 -  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

7 hours ago, Malc said:

Where did you get the 7.5 head, did'nt know they made one.

They have them on the Cobra site now -

https://www.cobragolf.com/products/aerojet-ls-driver?variant=43688029651161

Cobra DARKSPEED LS 10.5° (Lofted Down To 9°) |  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | Graphite Design Tour AD UB 7x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Yes, i did a search on there earlier and found them. Some appear to be weighted differently also.

Tour length 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

First range session with the standard head and I should have been in this one all year.  Sounds better, feels better, and not as temper-mental on strike location.  I’ll take a launch monitor with me tomorrow night and see if I can get some comparison numbers.  I know the range really well and to the big hill at the back of the range is about a 290 carry and I had some land pretty deep into the hill.   

The standard head swing weights better for me with no tape at 44.5” it’s a D1.  I had to mess around pretty heavily with the LS head to get it feeling balanced and ended up with 6.5 grams of tape on it with the 3g toe weight pulled.  

I’m going to I get a round in this weekend without tweaking the standard head at all and see how it goes.  I may end up with a little lighter back weight and some draw biased melt or tape but we’ll see.  I’m super pleased with the feel , sound and looks of the standard head. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I'm finding the AJls difficult to dial in also. Personally i find it a better club with the stock Kali in there as against my  Lin Q tour spx shaft that i swapped out of my LTDX ls. Lots of work still to do but i favour the LTDXls at the moment. I'm sure there's a secret to the AJ but i've not found it yet.

Round one with the standard head and it’s the best driver I’ve swung.  Lost absolutely zero distance from the LS and didn’t miss a fairway.  Stupid me thinking I needed a low spin head … spin is control. 

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

4 hours ago, Phabs said:

Round one with the standard head and it’s the best driver I’ve swung.  Lost absolutely zero distance from the LS and didn’t miss a fairway.  Stupid me thinking I needed a low spin head … spin is control. 

Do you find it sits square and no draw bias? 

9 minutes ago, RH82 said:

Do you find it sits square and no draw bias? 

I have mine set to plus one degree and it sits a little toe closed which is fine by me.  Set at standard the face is square.  Even at the +1 setting I can easily hit it either way.

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got me the LS combo I’ve been wanting for a long time. I’ve been playing the Cally Rogue ST Triple 💎 with a Combo of shafts (Rogue White, Drago, Gen4 Black) with the Rogue being most consistent…but still something was just off.  I got fit for the Aerojet standard head back in February but never hit the LS that day due to time and my son trying to get fit too. Anyways, I’ve played/tried every Cobra driver back to the Bio Cell model and almost always the lower spinning head is usually the winner.

Yesterday I received the 50th Limited edition 10.5 LS head paired with a Ventus Red 6s and so far in 2 net sessions it’s been middle of the club every time and just feels great. I can’t wait to get it on the course and see where she takes me. 

IMG_7211.jpeg

IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

• Like 2

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag