2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

TEE C723/E723 Launched Today

OMG! They just flat out know how to design and shape woods and hybrids. Looking forward to trying these in a couple months.

• Like 3

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

5 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

Played my first round yeateday with a new to me c721. Man people sleep on TEE it’s been its been years since I’ve had one but I love it. Probably need to list my stealth and try a newer model or play with shafts in what I’ve got. I wish they offered a 9* for lefty’s though. 

I have the C722.  Might not be the longest but super straight and forgiving.  TEE is always dismissed for some reason.  Woods and hybrids are awesome.   Haven't gamed the irons but the new forged are tempting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfinbrad said:

I have the C722.  Might not be the longest but super straight and forgiving.  TEE is always dismissed for some reason.  Woods and hybrids are awesome.   Haven't gamed the irons but the new forged are tempting.

They’re almost like a secret for woods. Don’t think they’ve offered irons for a lefty but I’ve had a couple drivers. Mine has the stock hzrdus black. But still seems to have a high launch. Wish they offered a 9*. No LM numbers to judge but I’ve always like a lower flight off the tee but after one round I’m looking forward to more time with it.  

3 minutes ago, southpaw72 said:

They’re almost like a secret for woods. Don’t think they’ve offered irons for a lefty but I’ve had a couple drivers. Mine has the stock hzrdus black. But still seems to have a high launch. Wish they offered a 9*. No LM numbers to judge but I’ve always like a lower flight off the tee but after one round I’m looking forward to more time with it.  

I feel for you lefties.  They do offer 3 lofts on the RH 723.  Maybe now they will at least have 2 for LH.

TEE makes great stuff but their marketing used to be centered around the idea that their stuff was just as good as competitors but much cheaper. Now that their drivers are $500, with extremely limited shaft choices- that really isn’t true. They are still a little bit cheaper than callaway and tm but basically on par with cobra, srixon, Mizuno and ping.  

29 minutes ago, jonflesh said:

TEE makes great stuff but their marketing used to be centered around the idea that their stuff was just as good as competitors but much cheaper. Now that their drivers are $500, with extremely limited shaft choices- that really isn’t true. They are still a little bit cheaper than callaway and tm but basically on par with cobra, srixon, Mizuno and ping.  

LOL.."They are just as good as competitors." They pioneered fairway woods being ahead of their time. They were way ahead and more expensive than the other OEMs. I bought my first fairways woods from them back around 2009 and my friends said are you crazy paying that kind of money.

They were more expensive than other OEM's but they were the leaders at least with their fairway woods in producing the best fairways. I still have those fairways in my basement along with my two other models of their woods in the basement I've gamed over the years and currently play their C721 driver and woods and a E722 hybrid. 

If you look at recent models they are at the top in performance compared to other OEM's. They have been a good bang for your buck purchased in recent years.

I agree with you this years model's pricing, and limited shaft options are a little disappointing to see comparing to the last few years. If the new model performs at the top again I'm sure it will sell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenie said:

LOL.."They are just as good as competitors." They pioneered fairway woods being ahead of their time. They were way ahead and more expensive than the other OEMs. I bought my first fairways woods from them back around 2009 and my friends said are you crazy paying that kind of money.

They were more expensive than other OEM's but they were the leaders at least with their fairway woods in producing the best fairways. I still have those fairways in my basement along with my two other models of their woods in the basement I've gamed over the years and currently play their C721 driver and woods and a E722 hybrid. 

If you look at recent models they are at the top in performance compared to other OEM's. They have been a good bang for your buck purchased in recent years.

I agree with you this years model's pricing, and limited shaft options are a little disappointing to see comparing to the last few years. If the new model performs at the top again I'm sure it will sell.

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying.

My point was more about what appears to be an impending shift in their marketing. In recent years they used the marketing slogan “pound for pound nothing comes close,” which implied from a cost/benefit analysis they were the tops. TEE always highlighted how they did so well in mgs or txg’s “value driver category.”  I’m just pointing out they now appear to be shifting away from that strategy since their product cost roughly the same as the top competitors in the space. 

• Like 1

I'd like to think they'll add more shaft choices once the pre-order period is over.  Right now very slim.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

1 minute ago, the bishop said:

I'd like to think they'll add more shaft choices once the pre-order period is over.  Right now very slim.

I hope.  Hard enough to compete product wise, let alone if you have to add another $50-$250 for a shaft.  Possible they are waiting on shape shipments as well.

If they're better than the E722 line, than they've produced a miracle and should be considered for sainthood. 

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6
Ping i530 5-UW Alta CB Black

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

On 2/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, golfinbrad said:

Totally agree.  Big improvement over that last version.  Only negative is stock shaft option

a close-up of a hair dryer

I agree that the look is solid from photos. I think we have some coming to the office for an in-hand look and I am excited to see them. The feel on the previous forged CB was very, very soft so these should be a very underrated set of irons.

• Like 3

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

On 2/8/2023 at 1:12 PM, golfinbrad said:

Totally agree.  Big improvement over that last version.  Only negative is stock shaft option

a close-up of a hair dryer

So reached out to TE through their chat function on their site.  From what they told me the DG105 will be the ONLY stock shaft option offered.  They can do a custom build for you but will take longer obviously since they have to order the shafts.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

POUND FOR POUND

The worst marketing slogan ever. Has nothing to do with golf.

...but lets put it on all of our TV commercials!

Actually if you weighed Callaway and Taylormade and TEE clubs on a scale 'pound for pound' you would find they all weigh THE SAME weight.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

On 2/10/2023 at 10:31 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

POUND FOR POUND

The worst marketing slogan ever. Has nothing to do with golf.

...but lets put it on all of our TV commercials!

Actually if you weighed Callaway and Taylormade and TEE clubs on a scale 'pound for pound' you would find they all weigh THE SAME weight.

Eh it’s not the worst lol. And as an under appreciated product it does sort of fit the bill. Let me know where fargiveness is in the dictionary after you get done with the scale. 😂😂

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, Greenie said:

I’m looking for an XCG5 13* head if you can part with one 🏌🏻🏌🏻

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1