2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

1 hour ago, erichake said:

Have you gotten a shipping update?  I ordered on 7/27, today got email that my order is "in progress" with an estimated ship date of 9/1. Fitter said "about 3 weeks" so I wonder if the 9/1 is just the default until the order gets further along in the que?

yes received them yesterday! Played with them today.

I was told 2-3 weeks from order date and mine came in 10 days! FWIW my estimated ship date said late august once it moved to “in progress” on 7/19 and then they shipped on 7/21

• Like 1

I’ve been holding this in for a while but I have to get it off my chest. I’m fairly disappointed that the T150 is so different compared the T100•S. It sounds like most people are seeing the same results I did, higher launch and slightly lower spin. If anything, I wish the T150 would have been lower launch and higher spin than the T100•S. It feels like the T100 was a great iron if you needed more launch, and still is. T100•S was a better option if you needed to hit lower windows. But I get it, high ball hitters aren’t their target market with this lineup. The T150 is going to have more mass market appeal with the common golfer. They’re going to sell a ton of those sets. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eric61 said:

Great stuff! 

I'm curious if you could share a little on how the T150s compared to the other irons? I play i230s and have tested Cobra King Tours extensively, so I'm especially intrested in those two. What were some of the key differences you noticed? Both in terms of the numbers, and any feel/looks type intangibles you picked up on. Thanks!

Going into the fitting I was really excited about the 2023 T-Series Irons, Ping i230, and Taylormade P770 irons. Due to this, when it came time to hit the Ping i230 I was paying closer attention than the King Tours. What stood out to me was how much more the Ping i230's spun than most of the irons. I hit a few really well-struck shots that flew 10 yards shorter than other models. Now, if you need more spin this wouldn't be a bad thing. But for me, that meant a decrease in Smash Factor and a loss of distance. Additionally, and this is coming from someone who played Ping i20's for four years, I did not enjoy the feeling of the i230's. The best word I could use to describe it was harsh. I've included screenshots from both my i230 and King Tour averages if that helps!

image.png.74bd56c66ec7e3bb523bb750c3b4a0f2.png

image.png.59fdc499a4512ecc5685996320f5cefe.png

*Note: my fitter accidently typed 525 instead of i230. I can confirm this was with the i230 irons.

• Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

1 hour ago, Llortamaisey said:

I’ve been holding this in for a while but I have to get it off my chest. I’m fairly disappointed that the T150 is so different compared the T100•S. It sounds like most people are seeing the same results I did, higher launch and slightly lower spin. If anything, I wish the T150 would have been lower launch and higher spin than the T100•S. It feels like the T100 was a great iron if you needed more launch, and still is. T100•S was a better option if you needed to hit lower windows. But I get it, high ball hitters aren’t their target market with this lineup. The T150 is going to have more mass market appeal with the common golfer. They’re going to sell a ton of those sets. 

high ball hitters should be able to flight down. what virtually every golfer, even professionals need, is help with height/launch with longer irons. I think its brilliant that they essentially have 4 launch windows per numbered club and it lets people make sure they're getting the right height.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6s - TBD upgrade

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7s - TBD upgrade

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4, CB 5-10 DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54S/60S DG S300

TaylorMade Spider X

34 minutes ago, Pure716 said:

Going into the fitting I was really excited about the 2023 T-Series Irons, Ping i230, and Taylormade P770 irons. Due to this, when it came time to hit the Ping i230 I was paying closer attention than the King Tours. What stood out to me was how much more the Ping i230's spun than most of the irons. I hit a few really well-struck shots that flew 10 yards shorter than other models. Now, if you need more spin this wouldn't be a bad thing. But for me, that meant a decrease in Smash Factor and a loss of distance. Additionally, and this is coming from someone who played Ping i20's for four years, I did not enjoy the feeling of the i230's. The best word I could use to describe it was harsh. I've included screenshots from both my i230 and King Tour averages if that helps!

image.png.74bd56c66ec7e3bb523bb750c3b4a0f2.png

image.png.59fdc499a4512ecc5685996320f5cefe.png

*Note: my fitter accidently typed 525 instead of i230. I can confirm this was with the i230 irons.

Very interesting findings! And demonstrative of why fitting is important -- my results with the King Tours were quite a bit different than yours; higher peak height than the i230s and a bigger gap in spin rates. 

In terms of forgiveness, were there any that stood out for you? The Apexes seemed like one on the list that might stand out. I'm wondering how the forgiveness of the T150 stacks up against some others in that category like the i230s, P770s, perhaps the Apexes that are definitely quite forgiving for the category, though they stand out in different ways (i230s heel and toe, for example; P770s on thin strikes). 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

6 hours ago, Pure716 said:

I had the opportunity to try out the new 2023 T-Series irons yesterday as part of an iron fitting at my local Club Champion. 

My Background
Before we get into the fitting I wanted to share a little bit about myself.

I was a PGA Professional for a number of years. In full disclosure, I was on staff with Titleist throughout my career.  I mention this to speak to the quality of fittings I have had access to. Throughout my years playing golf I have had fittings done through sales reps at Demo Days, independent fittings through Club Champion, and during my time on staff with Titleist, I was even fit at Manchester Lane. Yesterday was my first fitting since I have left the Golf Industry. This meant I had the ability to play whatever brand ultimately worked best for my game.

I have been playing the 2019 T100 irons since their release on August 30th, 2019. Additionally, I have always been fit, and played, KBS C-Tapers at an extra ½” long since the release of Ping i20 irons (However long ago that was?). This was mainly due to poor swing mechanics which left me unable to keep my spin rate down.

My goals for the fitting
1) To see what the best irons were for me, irrespective of brand.
2)  See if I really need to play an X-Stiff, 130-gram iron shaft to keep my spin rate down

The Fitting Process
I tried to go into the fitting with as little bias as possible. However, I was really, really excited about the 2023 T100 & T150 irons. Additionally, my time as a PGA Professional makes it very hard to be completely unbiased/unaware during the fitting process. For example: I can look away as the “tags” are being entered on Trackman and do my best to not see what it is that I am hitting. However, even if I commit to not looking at a shaft label I can still recognize a KBS C-Taper vs a Project X IO. My point in sharing this is that even though I tried to be as unaware of the fitting process as possible, some things I couldn’t keep hidden.

My fitting was done at Club Champion indoors using Trackman and Titleist ProV1 RCT golf balls. Before we continue, I want to say that I was really hoping Club Champion would utilize the new ProV1 RCT golf balls for my fitting. I’ve been playing a ProV1 golf ball for years and liked the idea of the RCT being one extra check to confirm the data was accurate.

The Fitting
I warmed up with my 2019 T100 6-iron with +1/2” KBS C-Taper X. Once I was loose, my fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. 

image.png.8a9087e4081da508b073afde430ff063.png

I consider this to be a very accurate representation of what I see on the course. I typically play a slight draw - so long as the ball doesn’t go right, I’m good with it. My typical swing speed with a 6-iron is around 90 mph which I expect to go 180 yards. Unfortunately, due to poor mechanics, I typically do not reach the optional 1.38 smash factor with my irons. I was aware that this leaves some room on the table for distance gains. However, I honestly didn’t think I could get there. 

My fitter suggested that we first try to nail down the best shaft for me. Once we had that variable figured out, we would compare all the major OEM’s starting with Titleist. A 90 mph 6-iron put me right on the line between X-stiff and Stiff. However, I do not play and practice nearly as much as a I used to. On top of that, I am certainly not getting any younger. This led us to focus on stiff flex shafts. We started by using a 2023 T-100 6-iron and KBS C-Taper S as a new baseline. 

image.png.012784bd6305baa729c124bee38cb5f4.png

From there, we tested:

• Project X LZ 6.0
  • Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
  • Dynamic Gold Mid 115
  • Accra 115
  • Project X IO 6.0
  • KBS Tour V

image.png.f51bcba8c0a928b7207f229fc624f707.png

It was quickly apparent that KBS shafts work and feel the best for my swing.  As we progressed from my 6-iron, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS C-Taper S, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS Tour V S, my ball speed, smash factor, carry, and total progressively got better. We knew we were onto something. 

Now that we had the shaft selected, we worked our way through every major OEM. Starting with the new 2023 T-100 and T-150.  I really appreciated that the fitter remembered my interest in the 2023 T-Series irons and started with the two heads I was most interested in. Early on, he identified that a stronger lofted players iron was likely going to be the ticket. 

Above, I mentioned that the fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. The below chart depicts the first four swings with the 2023 T-150 head. This was the only head where I did not toss out a single shot.

image.png.1cf4bfef82e2a7a520dc6d5bad5bf953.png

As you can see, compared to my gamer my swing speed went down negligibly (from 89.6 to 89.3) yet my ball speed increased (from 118.7 to 123.6). This was largely due to my smash factor increasing (from 1.33 to 1.38).  It is important to note that every iron was compared using the exact same loft & lie - regardless of manufacturer specifications. The end result was a gain of 9.1 yards in carry and 8.9 yards overall. Additionally, the tightest dispersion by far came from this set up. Unfortunately, I cannot get the dispersion graph to upload. 

Even though we knew this would be tough to beat, we continued to test a players cavity head from every OEM. 

For those wondering, the iron heads we tested were:

• Mizuno Pro 223
  • Callaway Apex
  • Srixzon ZX 5
  • Ping i230
  • Cobra King Tour
  • Taylormade P770
  • Homa TW757P

Ultimately, the 2023 T-150 irons won hands down. Finishing runner up was the Srizxon ZX5 followed by the Callaway Apex. A big surprise was finding out that my best shots were with the KBS Tour V iron shafts at only +1/4”. This was a surprise for me since I have played +1/2” irons since 2010. However, I can’t argue with the performance from this fitting. 

I ended up ordering from Club Champion immediately following my fitting. I know there is a lot of negative press regarding the price they charge for clubs. Some may not know that Club Champion offers what they call “OEM Plus.” That means they order the clubs directly from Titleist and check the lengths, lofts, lies, and swing weights once they are delivered to the store. Additionally, if you play a grip that isn’t offered via Titleist (like I do) they will order those sperate and install them for you. The only additional fee as compared to ordering directly from Titleist came from the grips & labor which totaled roughly $50.

Overall, I’m more excited than I’ve ever been to get a set of irons. If anyone has additional questions please feel free to reach out.

Interesting you got such a big jump, tested the same against my T100 from 2019 except was testing against a 5 iron. Numbers were spot on identical between the T100 and T150.  Definitely was a wee bit less consistent and shorter with new T100.

2 hours ago, Llortamaisey said:

I personally had different results with the 150 vs 100s. My peak height did go up but my spin rate jumped like 800 RPM. My CB’s were about 5 feet lower than the 150 and I was happy with that.

• Like 1

[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]917 D2 10.5 Matrix Rul 60X[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]915F 15* Matrix RUL 70X[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Tour Edge [/color][color=#ff0000]CB Pro Tungsten 2 iron with Speeder Pro[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]4-PW[/color] [color=#ff0000]716 AP2 AMT X100[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]SM6 54 & 58 TI S400[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron [/color][color=#ff0000]Futura 5MB[/color][/b]

8 hours ago, Pure716 said:

I had the opportunity to try out the new 2023 T-Series irons yesterday as part of an iron fitting at my local Club Champion. 

My Background
Before we get into the fitting I wanted to share a little bit about myself.

I was a PGA Professional for a number of years. In full disclosure, I was on staff with Titleist throughout my career.  I mention this to speak to the quality of fittings I have had access to. Throughout my years playing golf I have had fittings done through sales reps at Demo Days, independent fittings through Club Champion, and during my time on staff with Titleist, I was even fit at Manchester Lane. Yesterday was my first fitting since I have left the Golf Industry. This meant I had the ability to play whatever brand ultimately worked best for my game.

I have been playing the 2019 T100 irons since their release on August 30th, 2019. Additionally, I have always been fit, and played, KBS C-Tapers at an extra ½” long since the release of Ping i20 irons (However long ago that was?). This was mainly due to poor swing mechanics which left me unable to keep my spin rate down.

My goals for the fitting
1) To see what the best irons were for me, irrespective of brand.
2)  See if I really need to play an X-Stiff, 130-gram iron shaft to keep my spin rate down

The Fitting Process
I tried to go into the fitting with as little bias as possible. However, I was really, really excited about the 2023 T100 & T150 irons. Additionally, my time as a PGA Professional makes it very hard to be completely unbiased/unaware during the fitting process. For example: I can look away as the “tags” are being entered on Trackman and do my best to not see what it is that I am hitting. However, even if I commit to not looking at a shaft label I can still recognize a KBS C-Taper vs a Project X IO. My point in sharing this is that even though I tried to be as unaware of the fitting process as possible, some things I couldn’t keep hidden.

My fitting was done at Club Champion indoors using Trackman and Titleist ProV1 RCT golf balls. Before we continue, I want to say that I was really hoping Club Champion would utilize the new ProV1 RCT golf balls for my fitting. I’ve been playing a ProV1 golf ball for years and liked the idea of the RCT being one extra check to confirm the data was accurate.

The Fitting
I warmed up with my 2019 T100 6-iron with +1/2” KBS C-Taper X. Once I was loose, my fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. 

image.png.8a9087e4081da508b073afde430ff063.png

I consider this to be a very accurate representation of what I see on the course. I typically play a slight draw - so long as the ball doesn’t go right, I’m good with it. My typical swing speed with a 6-iron is around 90 mph which I expect to go 180 yards. Unfortunately, due to poor mechanics, I typically do not reach the optional 1.38 smash factor with my irons. I was aware that this leaves some room on the table for distance gains. However, I honestly didn’t think I could get there. 

My fitter suggested that we first try to nail down the best shaft for me. Once we had that variable figured out, we would compare all the major OEM’s starting with Titleist. A 90 mph 6-iron put me right on the line between X-stiff and Stiff. However, I do not play and practice nearly as much as a I used to. On top of that, I am certainly not getting any younger. This led us to focus on stiff flex shafts. We started by using a 2023 T-100 6-iron and KBS C-Taper S as a new baseline. 

image.png.012784bd6305baa729c124bee38cb5f4.png

From there, we tested:

• Project X LZ 6.0
  • Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
  • Dynamic Gold Mid 115
  • Accra 115
  • Project X IO 6.0
  • KBS Tour V

image.png.f51bcba8c0a928b7207f229fc624f707.png

It was quickly apparent that KBS shafts work and feel the best for my swing.  As we progressed from my 6-iron, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS C-Taper S, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS Tour V S, my ball speed, smash factor, carry, and total progressively got better. We knew we were onto something. 

Now that we had the shaft selected, we worked our way through every major OEM. Starting with the new 2023 T-100 and T-150.  I really appreciated that the fitter remembered my interest in the 2023 T-Series irons and started with the two heads I was most interested in. Early on, he identified that a stronger lofted players iron was likely going to be the ticket. 

Above, I mentioned that the fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. The below chart depicts the first four swings with the 2023 T-150 head. This was the only head where I did not toss out a single shot.

image.png.1cf4bfef82e2a7a520dc6d5bad5bf953.png

As you can see, compared to my gamer my swing speed went down negligibly (from 89.6 to 89.3) yet my ball speed increased (from 118.7 to 123.6). This was largely due to my smash factor increasing (from 1.33 to 1.38).  It is important to note that every iron was compared using the exact same loft & lie - regardless of manufacturer specifications. The end result was a gain of 9.1 yards in carry and 8.9 yards overall. Additionally, the tightest dispersion by far came from this set up. Unfortunately, I cannot get the dispersion graph to upload. 

Even though we knew this would be tough to beat, we continued to test a players cavity head from every OEM. 

For those wondering, the iron heads we tested were:

• Mizuno Pro 223
  • Callaway Apex
  • Srixzon ZX 5
  • Ping i230
  • Cobra King Tour
  • Taylormade P770
  • Homa TW757P

Ultimately, the 2023 T-150 irons won hands down. Finishing runner up was the Srizxon ZX5 followed by the Callaway Apex. A big surprise was finding out that my best shots were with the KBS Tour V iron shafts at only +1/4”. This was a surprise for me since I have played +1/2” irons since 2010. However, I can’t argue with the performance from this fitting. 

I ended up ordering from Club Champion immediately following my fitting. I know there is a lot of negative press regarding the price they charge for clubs. Some may not know that Club Champion offers what they call “OEM Plus.” That means they order the clubs directly from Titleist and check the lengths, lofts, lies, and swing weights once they are delivered to the store. Additionally, if you play a grip that isn’t offered via Titleist (like I do) they will order those sperate and install them for you. The only additional fee as compared to ordering directly from Titleist came from the grips & labor which totaled roughly $50.

Overall, I’m more excited than I’ve ever been to get a set of irons. If anyone has additional questions please feel free to reach out.

The tour-v's are awesome.  I'm also in-between x and s flex and i'm playing the tour-v 110 stiff in my current gamers.  Came from c-taper s+.  My shoulder thanks me for the switch LOL.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 10:57 PM, TheOverratedPhotog said:

Lofts don't equal height on the newer clubs. The extra distance doesn't come from the loft, the are hotter off the face. The T150 actually hit higher than the T100.

Lofts always equate to more distance and less spin. TXG tested the previous gen T100 and T100S bent to the same 29* and the results were exactly the same. 

The difference is, they’re not designed for the same players to play the same lofts. The hotter face reduces speed loss on mishits and the extra tungsten lowers/manipulates CG to optimize spin and compensate for loft changes. 

The new iteration is clearly a different animal, as the footprint and designs are obviously different. They’re totally different clubs now, as opposed to the previous series. Make no mistake though, marketing is marketing. Tungsten weights, hollow bodies, foams, gels, speed slots… they serve a purpose, but it’s the purpose designed for those club heads. Distance and spin are products of loft (along with speed and other delivery related attributes). 

12 hours ago, Llortamaisey said:

You can get a great deal on t100S right now. The t150 size is what I was looking for. Players iron with some help. I’m a good ball striker, but having the help, helps. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eric61 said:

Very interesting findings! And demonstrative of why fitting is important -- my results with the King Tours were quite a bit different than yours; higher peak height than the i230s and a bigger gap in spin rates. 

In terms of forgiveness, were there any that stood out for you? The Apexes seemed like one on the list that might stand out. I'm wondering how the forgiveness of the T150 stacks up against some others in that category like the i230s, P770s, perhaps the Apexes that are definitely quite forgiving for the category, though they stand out in different ways (i230s heel and toe, for example; P770s on thin strikes). 

Apart from the T-150 I wouldn't say any stood out. Actually, what stood out is how I felt some irons weren't as forgiving.

For example, the 2023 T-100 felt like much more of a "blade" than my 2019 T-100 with the exact same shaft. I remember thinking to myself that I may not be a good enough ball striker for the 2023 T-100 irons.

Additionally, I found the i230's to be even more "spinny" when caught low on the face. The added spin on good shots was impacting my overall distance. As you can expect, the added spin on mishits really hurt my numbers.

Finally, I found the P770's to be "hot" off the face but felt pretty sporadic. I never see the ball going right. Yet with the P770 I had quite a few shots go right on me. Now, that is due in part to my swing. However, that was my take away with the P770. Hope that helps!

Edited by Pure716
  • Like 2

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

11 hours ago, zrheisler22 said:

Interesting you got such a big jump, tested the same against my T100 from 2019 except was testing against a 5 iron. Numbers were spot on identical between the T100 and T150.  Definitely was a wee bit less consistent and shorter with new T100.

I was very surprised to see the big jump in distance. I really wish I had access to my dispersion graph to share here. Not only did the T-150 go the farthest, it was a massive improvement in dispersion.

9 hours ago, FmaxTurboSi said:

The tour-v's are awesome.  I'm also in-between x and s flex and i'm playing the tour-v 110 stiff in my current gamers.  Came from c-taper s+.  My shoulder thanks me for the switch LOL.

Ironically, my father plays the Tour V stiff in his 2013 Apex irons yet he swings much slower than me. I'm sure I'll appreciate the 110g weight when I'm getting tired late into the round! 

13 hours ago, Llortamaisey said:

Spin isn't as big an issue if you get the extra height as the extra height gives you additional stopping power. This is why Titleist target the 45 degree approach angle. When I first tested the T300's, I could bring back a 6 iron on the green and that's lower spin than the T100S, and I could stop a 5 iron without an issue. I'm not sure you need much more spin than that. 

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR
TSR2 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0
TSI2 18° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 

T200 Utility 4 Project X HZRDUS Black 4G  

T150 5 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Scott Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Tour Midsize Bag

Pro V1

Gaming i230's

have a set of king tour

testing the 150 this week to see where it fits in between these 2....

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

8 minutes ago, Morry said:

Gaming i230's

have a set of king tour

This would be great feedback. I really enjoy how the i230 doesn’t dig, nice high bounce with leading edge relief.

Id like to hear how the T150 compares in that aspect. 

8 minutes ago, Morry said:

Gaming i230's

have a set of king tour

Really eager to hear your thoughts after you’ve tested. Since you have them both, what do you think about i230 vs. King Tour? Key differences in performance you’re noticing?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

8 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Really eager to hear your thoughts after you’ve tested. Since you have them both, what do you think about i230 vs. King Tour? Key differences in performance you’re noticing?

I consider the i230 to be more forgiving, but have some issues on turf interaction in soft or wet given how much bounce

the king tour better with all forms of turf and a bit better on toe strikes, while being a little less forgiving overall than the i230 

hoping...fingers crossed...that the t150 fits Right in between them...would be ideal 

will report back

• Like 2

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 

Fitting heads were at my local GolfTown. For me, T150s. Look a bit longer blade vs. T100. Feel similar, but that feel of confidence of a slightly larger head. The stronger lofts help me get my desired yardages. T200 so much better looking. Feel reminds me of TM CB of yester year, forged face.

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 10.5* 

TM Sim2 4H

TM P790 5-AW

TM MG1 54/60*

SC NP

TM SS

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I got to see and hit the T150, T200 and T350 today.  I currently game the T100S with ACCRA shafts.  T200 is massively better than the current model.  I liked the T150 the best.  Current plan is T150 7-GW and T200 5-6.  5 iron is my longest iron and then I switch back and forth between a hybrid or a 4 utility.  I have not finalized shaft yet, will either be ACCRA or AXIOM which I am going to test next week.  Will have my local shop order heads from Titleist and then build to spec.  

• Like 2

I play the Ping i230 and I find that the turf interaction and feel is way better with the T150. I have hit my friends 100s and find the 150 more forgiving and a bit more confidence inspiring than the 100s. Played the T200 last season and did not like the turf interaction.
Getting a set of 150s when they are available 

• Like 1

Hit a T150 5 iron with LZ 6.0. Looks, feels, and performs great. Haven't liked a Titleist iron in a loooooong time but these are excellent.

Edited by Konklifer
  • Like 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Today I finally had my first on course action with 150’s and I have to say I’m very impressed. I hit 67% of GIR and only 43% of FIR, so that shows me the irons are working out so far. I missed one par 3 left in the bunker but this was a 220 shot that I struck very well and was still pin high. I did see the increase of spin that trackman displayed during testing and will take a little adjusting. With my recent iron struggles the 150’s have been a very pleasant change. 

• Like 1

[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]917 D2 10.5 Matrix Rul 60X[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]915F 15* Matrix RUL 70X[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Tour Edge [/color][color=#ff0000]CB Pro Tungsten 2 iron with Speeder Pro[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]4-PW[/color] [color=#ff0000]716 AP2 AMT X100[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]SM6 54 & 58 TI S400[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron [/color][color=#ff0000]Futura 5MB[/color][/b]

1 hour ago, ginrin said:

I play the Ping i230 and I find that the turf interaction and feel is way better with the T150. I have hit my friends 100s and find the 150 more forgiving and a bit more confidence inspiring than the 100s. Played the T200 last season and did not like the turf interaction.
Getting a set of 150s when they are available 

I could Fully Repeal this statement 

fitting on wed for me 

will report

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 

29 minutes ago, Morry said:

I could Fully Repeal this statement