2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

I'm very pleased with my T-350's as my swing has not been as consistent as it used to be and with me getting older doesn't help but with these new irons I'm able to stay competitive and when I do have a miss hit my shots are close enough for a simple chip and putt. I didn't think I would like the shinny look but as long as they keep performing I will be ok as I clean them after every round plus I use head cover's as some will say these are tools not jewels but to me they are both. 

Now these do fly high as I haven't had them out on a windy day as I hate windy days anyhow but today in the low 60's I was hitting my 9 iron 145 yds no breeze at all. For the short time I have had these I have hit some very memorable shots that has me scratching my head saying how did I just pull that shot off. So what got me started in playing golf and keeping at it was the good shots, they always kept me coming back but with these even my bad shots put a smile on my face as they are long, very forgiving and feel nice as these are the perfect senior set of irons, at least for me they are. 

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

After 6+ years with Mizuno’s I’m on the t150 train. Was playing 221/225 combos and I could never get the gapping to work.

T150 seems to tick a ton of boxes. I had it down to 3 choices, Apex CB, ZX7s and the 150’s. For whatever reason I did not gel with the apex. I wanted to, they were my favorite prior to testing, but there’s something about the offset, should be small but looked big, and just… not sure.

ZX7s were a good competitor, but numbers pointed to the 150. My miss is left, and without adjustment the ZX7s were far more draw biased than the 150. Went with a full set  PW-5 and my MMT 105s. Gapping with my tar hybrid won’t be an issue, I’m worried about gapping with a 50 wedge but we will tune loft and lie after I play with them. Order is in, the wait begins.

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I have been playing a Max Homa combo set of T100s 4 iron, t100 5 iron, and 620 MB 6-9 irons this year. The set has been great but since I haven't been playing as much I have decided to try out the new product. After some testing I am now going to play the new T200 utility 4 iron, T150 5 iron, t100 6 iron-Gap Wedge. I love the progression of forgiveness. Been a welcomed transition. 

Edited by wayward_points
  • Like 1

Update: In previous posts, I have been sharing my concerns with my T-150 long irons. At the end of September, I was able to attend a Titleist Fitting Event outdoors at a local public course and put my worries to bed. It is important to note that this fitting was done outdoors, on Trackman, with ProV1 golf balls. Unfortunately, the T-200 4-iron was only available to try with the stock shaft - not the KBS Tour V 110 Stiff +0.25” long shafts that I play.

With the stock shaft, the T-200 did launch slightly higher (0.7°) and spun slightly more (414 rpm) on average. Despite similar swing speeds (0.1 mph slower on average) my T-150 4-iron had a slightly high smash factor (0.01). This led to a faster ball speed (+0.9 mph) and longer carry (3.1 yards) on average. 

At this point, the Titleist fitter felt we were really 50/50. One of my main concerns with my T-150 4-iron was the drop in ball speed from my 5-iron to 4-iron. Therefore, the fact that I saw higher ball speed with the T-150 head vs the T-200 head was huge. On the other hand, another concern of mine was the drop in peak height from my T-150 5-iron to 4-iron. The T-200 head did launch slightly higher but with more spin. This led us to wonder what would happen if I had a KBS Tour V in the T-200.

I decided to order the T-200 4-iron with matching specifications to my T-150 irons since the fitting was $100 but could be applied to any club purchase. My thought was I could utilize my final complimentary 1-hour session on Trackman at Club Champion to compare the two. Then, whatever iron lost could be sold through the classifieds page for less than what the fitting would have cost in the first place.

Once I received my T-200 4-iron I went to Club Champion to have its loft, lie, length, & swing weight checked.  This allowed me to compare the two heads with the exact same specifications. 

With those variables minimized, the T-200 still launched slightly higher (0.5°) and spun very slightly more (13 rpm) on average. Despite faster swing speeds with the T-200 (0.9 mph on average) my T-150 4-iron had a slightly higher smash factor (0.02). Again, this led to a faster ball speed (+0.1 mph). Despite a shorter carry (0.2 yards) the T-150 had slightly longer total distance (0.2 yards) on average. As expected, the T-200 maintained a slightly higher peak height (4 feet) on average which led to a steeper landing angle (0.8°) on average. The biggest surprise was how much tighter dispersion I had with the T-150. Not just from left to right. Across the board almost every metric was tighter: ball speed, smash factor, launch angle, spin rate, height, and landing angle.  

Going into this, I was expecting to see a noticeably higher ball speed and peak height. Ideally, this would have led to a steeper landing angle resulting in similar carry distances. Ultimately, the difference between the two wasn’t enough to get me to switch from my T-150 4-iron to the T-200. 

Edited by Pure716
  • Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

On 9/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, sanjaygolf said:

Yes, I ended up going. Overall it was a good experience. Gary was great to work with and it was awesome to hit outdoors with ProV1 balls. One thing you might want to find out beforehand is what shafts he will have available if you're someone who is looking to not go stock. I was fit for irons and I know from experience I'm a DG guy, so I didnt try to waste my time trying to find the right shaft, but with a driver I think a shaft is more important. Just not sure if he'll be carrying a Ventus, etc.

Had my fitting over the weekend with Gary - it was great and I ended up getting fit into a driver I definitely wouldn't have self fit into.

After getting some baseline numbers with my driver (TM M6 with Atmos Orange 5S) Gary put me straight into a TSR3 seeing that I was striking driver out the middle. We went through a number of shafts, lofts, hosel adjustments and finished up in a a 9º TSR3 head playing at 9.75º with a Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S shaft.

I was spinning my driver well over 3000rpm costing me a lot of distance, didn't get the new setup to spin over 2500 even on my misses.

In the new set up I gained 6mph in swing speed 105mph vs 99mph, gained 10mph in ball speed 155mph vs 145mph. I went from 250 carry/260 total to 260 carry/280 total with the new setup, a huge gain.

Dispersion was pretty similar with both set ups but that wasn't necessarily the issue I was trying to solve with a new driver. 

If I had "self-fit" and guessed what to go with I would have probably gone with a TSR2, but when we tried the TSR2 I couldn't get anywhere near the same swing speed / ball speed I was getting with the TSR3.

So overall, it was well worth doing the fitting. I credited my fitting fee towards the new driver and got a little discount also for ordering there and then.

Edited by alexc93

Titleist TSR3 9º Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S

Titleist TSR1 4 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85S

Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50º 12F Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 56º 12D Dynamic Gold S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X L Neck KBS Tour GPS 120

1 hour ago, Floyd12 said:

For those of you blending t100 with 150/200, how are you bending them to accommodate the juiced lofts of t150 and t200?

I have the T200 1* weak at 22, then play the T150 5 Iron at standard loft then 6 iron 1* strong.  That said I am going to order a T150 4 iron to compare against the T200.  Although it is infinitely better than the 21’ T200, I prefer the T150 look.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 V2 9.0* w/ Ventus TR Blk 6X
Taylormade Qi10 13.5* (Tour Version) w/ Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Stealth + 18* w/ GD Tour AD VF 8TX OR Titleist T200U 23' 17* w/ Ventus Black HB 9TX
Titleist T150 23' 4 iron w/ DG TI X100

Titleist T150 23' 5 iron w/ DG TI X100

Titleist T100 23' 6-PW w/ DG TI X100
Titleist SM10  50* F Grind  w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM10 54* S Grind w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM10 58* T Grind w/ DG TI S400
Odyssey Ai One Mini Jailbird Double Slant 

On 10/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, underwater said:

WOW- From RAC MB's to T100?  You're gonna shoot your age the first round with that change!!

I finally gave in and decided to go for something with a little more forgiveness.  Not going to lie, it's been a quite the change.  The T100's can absolutely launch it when I step on one.  The best part is the forgiveness on the all too often mishits. I have had to add a 50 deg SM9 to close the gap between my wedges, or that's what I told myself anyways.  Might just be getting addicted to shiny new clubs in the bag.

Coming off an injury (hip bursitis) that limited my playing time this year.  That and my the fact I'm 2 months from 50 made me realize I needed to see what technology can do to make my life easier.  While I might miss the "pure" feeling of a well struck blade, it's been nice to swing a more forgiving club that allows me to still manipulate the ball. Add in the fact that the handicap is trending down makes me very happy with my decision so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

I’ve only played 3 rounds with the T200 and this happened on my 9 iron. It’s like a gouge/dent in the backplate. I have no idea how it happened.

Would Titleist replace it? 

IMG_3185.jpeg.e44ed3ac974f6d86d9bbb41be3cee974.jpeg

Likely from bag chatter from another club - unlikely to replace.

My JPX 5 iron has a similar ding in the insert but I've already forgotten about it despite my OCD. If I don't see it at address it doesn't affect me. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9º Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S

Titleist TSR1 4 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85S

Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50º 12F Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 56º 12D Dynamic Gold S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X L Neck KBS Tour GPS 120

5 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

I’ve only played 3 rounds with the T200 and this happened on my 9 iron. It’s like a gouge/dent in the backplate. I have no idea how it happened.

Wouldn't hurt to send an email to them and also provide them the SN on the hosel!

• Thanks 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

11 hours ago, this_is_golf said:

That is exactly why I use iron covers as you can ask Titleist but who knows what they will say. Lets us know what they do as I'm kinda curious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 10/14/2023 at 9:05 AM, dodgyman said:

After 6+ years with Mizuno’s I’m on the t150 train. Was playing 221/225 combos and I could never get the gapping to work.

T150 seems to tick a ton of boxes. I had it down to 3 choices, Apex CB, ZX7s and the 150’s. For whatever reason I did not gel with the apex. I wanted to, they were my favorite prior to testing, but there’s something about the offset, should be small but looked big, and just… not sure.

ZX7s were a good competitor, but numbers pointed to the 150. My miss is left, and without adjustment the ZX7s were far more draw biased than the 150. Went with a full set  PW-5 and my MMT 105s. Gapping with my tar hybrid won’t be an issue, I’m worried about gapping with a 50 wedge but we will tune loft and lie after I play with them. Order is in, the wait begins.

Should be fine with the 50 deg wedge I go from ZX7 pw to 51 deg t22

Hi--I was hoping I could get some advice on building out the rest of my first real bag. I'm looking at figuring out what should go in my bag between 4i and Driver. I (generally) know the differences between Hybrid vs Fairway Wood, but I'm more or less trying to figure out what will blend best with the T350 4i and Driver. The 4i is 20* and my driver is 10.5*. So that means I have two clubs to go 9.5* in terms of covering the gap. What are the rest of the T350 players going with? Maybe only go with one hybrid/fairway wood and add a 60* wedge? Any thoughts?

============

Scotty Cameron Newport+

Vokey 56*

Vokey 52*

Titleist 2023 T200 GW-6i Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist 2023 T350 5i & 4i Project X LZ 6.0

Fairway Wood? Hybrid? What Degrees?

Driver Pring G430 10.5* Proj X Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 60

============

Thanks for any help and if this isn't the right place to ask, please point me in the right direction.

Edited by TonyJames212
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 6:21 AM, this_is_golf said:

I hope Titleist does something for you on this; that would be devastating to me with a brand new set.

This is the weird thing about all the fuss over the polymer backplate of the 2021 T200's.  IMO, steel is softer and much more likely to mark up than a polymer like Titleist used; my 2012 T200's had marks on the sole and on the face, but the backplates were pristine.

16 hours ago, TonyJames212 said:

Hi--I was hoping I could get some advice on building out the rest of my first real bag. I'm looking at figuring out what should go in my bag between 4i and Driver. I (generally) know the differences between Hybrid vs Fairway Wood, but I'm more or less trying to figure out what will blend best with the T350 4i and Driver. The 4i is 20* and my driver is 10.5*. So that means I have two clubs to go 9.5* in terms of covering the gap. What are the rest of the T350 players going with? Maybe only go with one hybrid/fairway wood and add a 60* wedge? Any thoughts?

============

Scotty Cameron Newport+

Vokey 56*

Vokey 52*

============

Thanks for any help and if this isn't the right place to ask, please point me in the right direction.

Depends on what you are trying to achieve and what distances you are looking for.  My 3 wood carry is about 240 and my 3 hybrid carry is about 220-225.  I personally would go 3 wood (most are 15 or 16 degrees)and 3 hybrid (most are around 18 degrees but you can get adjustable as well to manipulate for what you need).  I can launch 3 wood high and long and use off the tee for tight driving holes.  The 3 hybrid is very versatile club for me as i can hit low bullets or i can fly it really high if i want.  I also use it off the tee for some short par 4s to leave me the number I want into the hole.  It all depends on what you are comfortable with and what you personally hit better.  I have friends that are great with woods and cant hit hybrids to save their life so their choice is easy.  I have another friend that just can not hit a 3 wood consistantly so he uses a driving iron in its place to get the distance he wants but its mainly just low bullets for him with that club, any obstructions or forced carries he is likely pulling something else.

Edited by mikey6866

16 hours ago, TonyJames212 said:

============

Scotty Cameron Newport+

Vokey 56*

Vokey 52*

============

Were you fitted for the Irons? Just wondering because if the fitter put you in a 20 degree long iron, perhaps they had a particular set make-up in mind.

It seems like a bit of an odd fit just because if additional ball speed/launch is needed for a 20ish degree club, that would be the prime candidate for a hybrid. I am assuming the T350's were in there for the additional ball speed. I just don't know how easy a 20 degree iron is going to be to hit vs a hybrid. Then you would have:

Driver

Fairway wood 15-17 degrees

hybrid 20 degrees

5-GW - 24-48 degrees

52,56 - add a 60

putter

Edited by rsballer10

LTDx LS 10.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 14* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F @ 49, 54S @ 55, 60M

TM Spider X Slant

On 10/22/2023 at 7:30 PM, Floyd12 said:

For those of you blending t100 with 150/200, how are you bending them to accommodate the juiced lofts of t150 and t200?

The primary issue with juiced lofts is that many users are unaware of their actual carrying distance, resulting in certain irons being too close to others, necessitating loft modification until distance spread is optimal.

I have 2022 T100S which are nearly the same as T150, the lofts, lie and lengths are the same.  Also, 2022 T200 17' 2i and 22' 4i.  My bag then was T200 17' 2i and 22' 4i, and then to T100S 25' 5i down to wedge, no gaping issues.  My problem ended up being too much spin with mid-short T100S irons. 

So, I decided to go to new T100 irons, which are 1' strong compared to my 620 MBs.  Turns out after buying new T100 3-PW irons, distances improved.  Now my bag has a trusty old 718 T-MB 17' 2i, and T100 3i-PW.  Had Titleist strengthen 3i & 4i, 1', kept the rest standard, no gaping issues.  For some odd reason, I like looking at the blade style 718 T-MB 2i a lot better than T200 2i, only 718 T-MB 2i is longer due to the shaft.

• Haha 2
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo, Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 TMB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

I’ve been following this thread as I’m very intrigued with the t200. 

I currently game the Srixon Zx7 right now. I don’t play much and looking for something with more forgiveness.

My buddy just got a set of t200 and loves it. 

Anyone else come from srixon Zx7? I love the soles on them as I’m pretty steep with my irons. Any issues with turf interaction with these? Prior to the zx7 I had the jpx forged and didn’t get along well with the turf interaction with them. 

For anyone who did a T-series fitting directly with Titleist, can you comment on whether you did the fitting just to get your specs and ordered elsewhere or at a later date? If so, was the fitter understanding of this?

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

15 hours ago, KonaV821 said:

I’ve been following this thread as I’m very intrigued with the t200. 

I currently game the Srixon Zx7 right now. I don’t play much and looking for something with more forgiveness.

My buddy just got a set of t200 and loves it. 

Anyone else come from srixon Zx7? I love the soles on them as I’m pretty steep with my irons. Any issues with turf interaction with these? Prior to the zx7 I had the jpx forged and didn’t get along well with the turf interaction with them. 

I played the ZX irons before switching into the 2023 t200’s. The t200’s are better in just about every way imo. I have never once thought about going back after gaming the t200 for the first time. 

• Like 2