PXG's new Gen6 lineup – 0311 driver, 0311 fairway, 0311 hybrid, and 0311P irons

Why aren't they making a "T" version of the iron? Imo that was the most interesting version. 

• Like 1

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon MKii DI 3 Axiom 105

Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-PW KBS Tour 

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

The T is going to be in the 317 line. It’s going to be more of a true forged cavity back. Not hollow like the p/xp

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

My “gains” weren’t tremendously significant.  I would say I liked the feel of G6 better.  I love the feel of my G5 but the 6’s I felt were a better feeling club.  G5 is crisp over G4, G6 was even better in terms of feel for me over G5.  My dispersion was tighter.   We went to a slightly heavier shaft, adjusted weights as well.  Giving me few more yards, higher ball flight.   In the end, I couldn’t be more dialed in to an iron set compared to where I am now.  I am looking forward to hitting my local range which has trackman in all the bays to then do a deep dive on what I ordered compared to what I have now.   I will take pics of my shots/numbers and post here once I have in hand.    I personally love the all black plating at bottom of club,  Just pleases my eyes more.  It’s a very very nice iron to say the least.  My only complaint is PXG didn’t have all colored grips available.   They’re pretty standard on what they have so for me I just ordered no charge standard PXG grips then ordered my favorite I’ll swap out when my sticks arrive.  It’s funny, I went to my local PGA store later in day, just to hit some other clubs and it was a joke no offense.  The person that was “monitoring” me in my bay was quasi fitting me and it was a joke compared to PXG, wasn’t even close.  I was right next to their “professional” fitting area and someone was being fit for another brand of club and I was watching and listening to what they were going through the motions.  It was laughable so if anything I quickly realized how good PXG fitters are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtnbiker5 said:

… It’s funny, I went to my local PGA store later in day, just to hit some other clubs and it was a joke no offense.  The person that was “monitoring” me in my bay was quasi fitting me and it was a joke compared to PXG, wasn’t even close.  I was right next to their “professional” fitting area and someone was being fit for another brand of club and I was watching and listening to what they were going through the motions.  It was laughable so if anything I quickly realized how good PXG fitters are.

You're completely correct, obviously, but… the thing is, if you mean a PGA Superstore type place, it’s no surprise. The staff there often have to do a bunch of tasks other than fittings, and know about various brands, whereas an OEM fitter has one job with one brand. 

When I worked in retail I was the geeky gearhead fitting guy, but I was also the store manager, HR, IT, admin, cashier, etc. I could go to OEM training days here and there, but it was hard to get away. I’d wait 3 months to go to Trackman training then someone would call in sick or get pregnant and that was me screwed. 

That was part of the reason I got out of golf, because of the amount of days where someone would take up my time by boring my t**** off with a blow by blow account of the round they played that morning, then act disappointed and post about me on the net when I couldn’t remember the exact specs of the RCH36 they had in their favourite 3 wood once. Didn’t matter that I’d fitted Walker Cup guys that morning, in the eyes of that one forum guy I was clueless 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If only I had the time. Or maybe I should have hung in ‘til the pandemic. Hey ho!

Back on topic though, I have overheard PXG fitters and they are particularly good. 

Edited by Wayside
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mahamilto said:

First round in the wild today. 

Irons are outstanding. Mirrors the fitting perfectly. Great turf interaction (a bit thinner than my gen2, cut thru turf so well). Sound and feel outdoors was sublime. Couldn’t be happier. 

Could hit high/low and shape when I wanted but stock effortless shot was towering bombs that hold their line and land like a bird with sore feet. 

Distance was great despite it being 40 and damp. Consistency was outstanding. Uber forgiving on the toe and low on the face. 

Zero adjustments. Just went and played a better iron game from the first swing. 

Extremely satisfied, and clearly the PXG fitters nailed it. I was even on center more often than before. Everything worked. 

I get that no club will make you go from schmo to pro, but I’m confident in these irons, they feel and sound incredible, and it eliminated any second thought or question about leaving strokes behind. 

Congratulations! Awesome to hear they got it right… as usual with a PXG fitting in my experience. I know PXG irons make golf much more fun. Bet PXG starts creeping in to other parts of your bag🤔🤔

• Like 2

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

26 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Congratulations! Awesome to hear they got it right… as usual with a PXG fitting in my experience. I know PXG irons make golf much more fun. Bet PXG starts creeping in to other parts of your bag🤔🤔

I will 100% consider them. But the bags pretty set for now. I will give their woods a run when back in the market. I went Mizuno wedges because I didn’t love the full face grooves. Otherwise would have those too tbh. 

Specs, turn around, build quality, and the fitting quality were all outright outstanding. 

Im impressed despite high expectations. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

3 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

You beat me to it.  Some outstanding numbers and big complements from Matt and Ian about the Gen6 lineup.

• Like 3

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Proxima 6X

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Mini Driver 13.5*- Ventus TR Blue 7TX

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

I want to test that 3 wood and driver after watching the TXG video.  Matt’s ball speeds on that 3 wood were crazy.  He had one go out to 290yards and he used to get that with his old swing in the TM woods.  His new swing isn’t as fast but those are some roasted shots he hit.  

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Like the Wrx’ er I am I’m looking to replace a driver that works absolutely fine. The Gen6 is definitely on the list to try.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1 hour ago, ANDRESAM said:

I want to go with a combo set - P, 9 and 8 irons in the P and 7, 6 and 5 irons in the XP. There is quite a gap between the 8 and 7 iron. Has anyone tried? Have the delofted the 7 iron in the XP?

Can always have either the P's bent strong or the XP's bent weak.  Also don't forget that XP and P have different standard lengths so you will want to specify either P length or XP length for the whole set.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Proof said:

Can always have either the P's bent strong or the XP's bent weak.  Also don't forget that XP and P have different standard lengths so you will want to specify either P length or XP length for the whole set.  

All this plus I want to add that this is one of PXG's strengths. Your fitter should get it right but if it's off at all, you can take them in and get them adjusted to tweak your gaps. 

• Like 1

Are the pxg fitter reliably good at most locations? Any recs for someone at the Detroit location?

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

Anyone tested or played with the Gen6 driver or 3 wood yet?  If so how does it compare to your current gamer? 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

13 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Anyone tested or played with the Gen6 driver or 3 wood yet?  If so how does it compare to your current gamer? 

I've hit it. For me it was faster than TSR3, with less spin. I like the look at address, kind of reminds me of old school TaylorMade drivers with its head shape. 

Paradym Triple Diamond was better- it raised the launch without raising spin. But for my game, PXG Gen 6 was probably the second-best driver this year. 

• Like 3

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

3 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

KABOOM!!

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 3/27/2023 at 8:04 AM, Wayside said:

You're completely correct, obviously, but… the thing is, if you mean a PGA Superstore type place, it’s no surprise. The staff there often have to do a bunch of tasks other than fittings, and know about various brands, whereas an OEM fitter has one job with one brand. 

When I worked in retail I was the geeky gearhead fitting guy, but I was also the store manager, HR, IT, admin, cashier, etc. I could go to OEM training days here and there, but it was hard to get away. I’d wait 3 months to go to Trackman training then someone would call in sick or get pregnant and that was me screwed. 

That was part of the reason I got out of golf, because of the amount of days where someone would take up my time by boring my t**** off with a blow by blow account of the round they played that morning, then act disappointed and post about me on the net when I couldn’t remember the exact specs of the RCH36 they had in their favourite 3 wood once. Didn’t matter that I’d fitted Walker Cup guys that morning, in the eyes of that one forum guy I was clueless 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If only I had the time. Or maybe I should have hung in ‘til the pandemic. Hey ho!

Back on topic though, I have overheard PXG fitters and they are particularly good. 

Such a great post!  Couldn't agree more. 

Edited by realitycheck
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

KABOOM!!

As Ian would say “handsome”. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

14 hours ago, Honman said:

I've hit it. For me it was faster than TSR3, with less spin. I like the look at address, kind of reminds me of old school TaylorMade drivers with its head shape. 

Paradym Triple Diamond was better- it raised the launch without raising spin. But for my game, PXG Gen 6 was probably the second-best driver this year. 

I know I’m going to get this at some point I before Spring turns to Summer.  Damn you PXG.  Lol. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

10 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I know I’m going to get this at some point I before Spring turns to Summer.  Damn you PXG.  Lol. 

Well as usual I'm going to try it as well. Every time I go for a fitting nothing can beat the Autoflex shaft. So going into these fittings I'm not very optimistic on comiong away with something 5 - 10 yards longer. Aside from the fact that I'm getting older and slower despite being in very good physical shape. Really SUX.

Anyway, I just had my son ( 35 ) go through a fitting. He has always gotten my hand me downs. So I told him I would buy him a full set of new PXG's. He actually ended up going with the Gen 5 BLE irons but did get the Gen 6 Driver and 3wd. He is going out of town next week so I'll be grabbing the Driver head from him to play while he's gone.

I'm not expecting any drastic number changes just from the Head change alone, but we'll see. The Autoflex has been my unicorn and

nothing has come close to beating it in the 3-4 years I've had it.

• Like 3

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTER -   LAB MEZZ MAX Blue head w/white Accra

LAB MEZZ MAX Red head w/black Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL ON ALL

10 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I did try the driver and somehow managed not to buy it. It felt really good on center strikes and good on off center strikes, much faster than the gen5 for me, but I was way too rusty during my fitting and getting weird spin numbers, so I didn’t want to spend the money yet until I was seeing numbers with a fixed swing. Need to try it again when I’m swinging better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

Well as usual I'm going to try it as well. Every time I go for a fitting nothing can beat the Autoflex shaft. So going into these fittings I'm not very optimistic on comiong away with something 5 - 10 yards longer. Aside from the fact that I'm getting older and slower despite being in very good physical shape. Really SUX.

Anyway, I just had my son ( 35 ) go through a fitting. He has always gotten my hand me downs. So I told him I would buy him a full set of new PXG's. He actually ended up going with the Gen 5 BLE irons but did get the Gen 6 Driver and 3wd. He is going out of town next week so I'll be grabbing the Driver head from him to play while he's gone.

I'm not expecting any drastic number changes just from the Head change alone, but we'll see. The Autoflex has been my unicorn and

nothing has come close to beating it in the 3-4 years I've had it.

If you bought them they are technically yours.  Lol. 

let us know how it goes.  Do you have the All fit adapter on the AF?  Was just wondering if you could play it in the Gen6 driver.  Maybe you shouldn’t as you might not give it back.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Do you have the All fit adapter on the AF?  

I play a PXG Gen 4 Driver so no issues there.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTER -   LAB MEZZ MAX Blue head w/white Accra

LAB MEZZ MAX Red head w/black Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL ON ALL

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

I play a PXG Gen 4 Driver so no issues there.

Hmmmm.  I think you might see some gains with the AF and Gen6.  

well maybe you shouldn’t,  so I won’t buy one.  Haha

PXG Hybrid stand bag