Paradym Triple Diamond.......Whoa momma

phizzy30

Prior gamer was a 9* Rogue ST LS TD with Ventus Black 6x. Moved to a Paradym 10.5* with same shaft. The Paradym seems a little spinny at times. I liked the launch window of my Rogue ST TD but it was a little inconsistent in occasionally launch lower.  What loft would you say I get in the Paradym TD? Think 10.5 probably would be good. I don’t really like turning loft down on the TD so I’d be playing at states loft.  I also have a Ventus TR Blue that I could try in a 9* Paradym TD for a little higher launch. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

1 hour ago, TitleistBalata said:

Finally got to get out on the course with my TD 8°. It was windy out so I lofted it down to 6° with the green adapter. Wow!  Low bullets than ran forever. Most impressive shot was my worst swing. Got one probably a good inch toe side, as soon as I hit it I was expecting a duck hook bc when I go way out to the toe on most drivers, that’s what I get. To my surprise, it actually stayed very playable and only ended up in the first cut on the left. Good shots are good with all drivers, but when the bad ones still turn out playable, that’s when I know I’ve got a keeper!

lol 6*? Was your peak height like 17 feet?

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

Finally got mine. I planned to put the head into my Ventus so I ordered a shaft through Callaway that I want to try in a fairway (after removing adapter, tip trimming and butt trimming it). Wasn’t really thinking about swingweight so I received it with a 2g weight in front and a 10g weight in the back so playing my driver around 45” it felt light but I was super accurate with it and it actually felt like it was more forgiving for me than my regular Paradym. Was hitting it high but no balloons or anything like that.  I have an extra 8g weight so I’m going to put that in front to get the headweight up and then see how that feels. If I don’t like it I’ll probably order a 14g weight off eBay to put in there (or just throw a couple inches of lead tape on it) or maybe just keep playing it light if I’m anywhere near as accurate as I was playing with it today! 

Edited by ilikegolf26

My 3rd TD is starting to dent now. Going to hope for the best and play it Monday in my US 4-Ball qualifier but the QC is pretty disappointing. I've had this head for 3 weeks. Something is up with the manufacturing standards since Covid started. This is now the 8th club that has failed on me with 0 before Feb 2020. 

• Sad 1

Callaway Smoke Ai ◊◊◊ 9º - HZRDUS Hulk 80 TX

Callaway Paradym ◊◊◊ 15º- HZRDUS Hulk 90 TX
Taylormade SIM UDI 20º - HZRDUS Black 105TX

Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - LA Golf L-Series 5
Callaway MD5 52º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Titleist SM9 56º & 60º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Miura KM-006 - MMT Putter Concept 135

17 hours ago, Callaway Man said:

My 3rd TD is starting to dent now. Going to hope for the best and play it Monday in my US 4-Ball qualifier but the QC is pretty disappointing. I've had this head for 3 weeks. Something is up with the manufacturing standards since Covid started. This is now the 8th club that has failed on me with 0 before Feb 2020. 

I had one a few months ago, purchased new, saw less than 50 premium balls on my simulator.  Face dented slightly low and toe side.  Performance was great but I had no interest in constantly replacing heads.  Moved on to the TSR3, getting better performance with zero issues so far.

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, jblough99 said:

I had one a few months ago, purchased new, saw less than 50 premium balls on my simulator.  Face dented slightly low and toe side.  Performance was great but I had no interest in constantly replacing heads.  Moved on to the TSR3, getting better performance with zero issues so far.

All 3 of mine have been low-toe. My club is closed for the month of September so I will be doing lots of sim testing. I had a TSr3 3wood that had its face crack after 6 weeks but I've heard great things on the driver. My friends Stealth 2 cracked this week as well. Face popped off and it shows 60 layers of cracked carbon now. 

Callaway Smoke Ai ◊◊◊ 9º - HZRDUS Hulk 80 TX

Callaway Paradym ◊◊◊ 15º- HZRDUS Hulk 90 TX
Taylormade SIM UDI 20º - HZRDUS Black 105TX

Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - LA Golf L-Series 5
Callaway MD5 52º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Titleist SM9 56º & 60º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Miura KM-006 - MMT Putter Concept 135

Was fitted into a TD 10.5 with a Kai’li White 70x.  The good drives were literally the best of my golfing career.  Super low spin with super high LA.  Got rid of it for something that was more manageable on mishits.  Great driver, but this 5 handicapper wasn’t good enough to reap its full benefits.  

Edited by CoachZee
  • Sad 1

Revisiting this… 

Ive been in the Epic Speed for 2+ years now and have loved it (even got a backup). I like the combo of the shape and the fact it’s not a super low spin head so I can play it at 8 degrees and max my driver ability. 

However after about 2-weeks of poor driving I’ve got the itch (ha ha). I’ve hit both drivers early at a demo day and clearly liked the 3D better. Later I took a demo to course and couldn’t keep the 3D in the air at 9 degrees. Too low spin. Hit a buddy’s 10.5 standard and loved it.

Now I’m wanting to test a 9 degree standard vs a 10.5 3D vs my 9 degree Speed.

Anyone else have a similar experience? 

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

How fade biased is the P3D compared to the Rogue Max LS? 

I played the Epic Speed LS and Rogue Max LS for a good while but I was swinging in-to-out quite a bit. I've neutralized my path now and started struggling to close the face on the Max LS. I swapped to a Rogue ST Max and it's plenty neutral for me but spins more than I'd like. 

I'm considering the std Paradym or the 3D. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

32 minutes ago, me05501 said:

I played the Epic Speed LS and Rogue Max LS for a good while but I was swinging in-to-out quite a bit. I've neutralized my path now and started struggling to close the face on the Max LS. I swapped to a Rogue ST Max and it's plenty neutral for me but spins more than I'd like. 

Even the tour pros have been lofting up on the Paradym LS heads.

I know this is a Paradym thread, but I would recommend this head - the Rogue ST (tour issue) Triple Diamond (NON LS) head:

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/drivers/drivers-2022-rogue-st-triple-diamond-tc.html

The picture shows a TD LS head but the listing is of the non-LS tour-only heads. They are high-er spin and very neutral ball flight than the LS models. Pretty much like the Paradym "front weight" tour-only model from this year.

If nothing at all, get one to do a test with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

32 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Even the tour pros have been lofting up on the Paradym LS heads.

I know this is a Paradym thread, but I would recommend this head - the Rogue ST (tour issue) Triple Diamond (NON LS) head:

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/drivers/drivers-2022-rogue-st-triple-diamond-tc.html

The picture shows a TD LS head but the listing is of the non-LS tour-only heads. They are high-er spin and very neutral ball flight than the LS models. Pretty much like the Paradym "front weight" tour-only model from this year.

If nothing at all, get one to do a test with.

Is the same with the epic TD heads too (minus the ls)

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 , choked down to ~44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

1 hour ago, cmatthews77 said:

Revisiting this… 

Ive been in the Epic Speed for 2+ years now and have loved it (even got a backup). I like the combo of the shape and the fact it’s not a super low spin head so I can play it at 8 degrees and max my driver ability. 

However after about 2-weeks of poor driving I’ve got the itch (ha ha). I’ve hit both drivers early at a demo day and clearly liked the 3D better. Later I took a demo to course and couldn’t keep the 3D in the air at 9 degrees. Too low spin. Hit a buddy’s 10.5 standard and loved it.

Now I’m wanting to test a 9 degree standard vs a 10.5 3D vs my 9 degree Speed.

Anyone else have a similar experience? 

Paradym TD is definitely a low spin head which is why the guys on tour usually go with the higher lofted head.  I played the SIM 2, 8* and had to go up in loft with the OG Stealth+ and Paradym TD both at 9*. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, me05501 said:

Paradym 3D is dead neutral.  Rogue ST TD LS was fade biased for me.  I didn't get to test the MAX LS enough to come to a conclusion though.  I will say this though.  The only differences between the regular Paradym and TD is that the TD spins less and launches a hair lower.  Otherwise, they are both very neutral bias. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

4th paradym head now dented in. Same location as the last. Not sure what the next move will be. Don’t like having to inspect the head after each round to see if it’s dented in. Only issue is nothing looks as good down at the ball and these things are hot…

Edited by KingTitus

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

Ordered a TD on the first go-around of the 2x trade-in promo. By now I've gotten a few rounds/range sessions in & I'm in love. Honestly not putting my best swings on it all the time, but it still performs very consistently: not losing a ton of ballspeed on off-center strikes & spin seems to hold up okay too--no divebombs or anything that even resembles a high/ballooning flight.

Put a good move on it, though, and wow... the sound is just perfect: a quick, muted crack & I love the way it feels off the middle of the face. I ordered from Callaway with a Kai'li blue & I've been enjoying the mid-mid flight with that combo at 10.5*, but messing around with some other Fuji Speeder configs before I settle into it.

Here's to hoping my mere mortal speeds ~100mph mean the face will hold up longer than some guys' experiences. That would be frustrating!

On 6/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, bvanlieu said:

hurry up Cally CPO store is what I have to say.

CPO has the Paradym line for sale as of now btw

6 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

CPO has the Paradym line for sale as of now btw

not drivers. not anything. if you search paradym, nothing shows up on CPO

Edited by Rbsiedsc

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 , choked down to ~44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

3 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

not drivers. not anything. if you search paradym, nothing shows up on CPO

Correct - They have not been activated on the public website. You have to call a rep like Cole he can order them for you over the phone, his # is 512.617.7131

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:10 AM, TitleistBalata said:

I finally got a chance to get out to the range with my TD this morning and gave it a go against my TSR2. Both heads are 8° and I’m using a universal adapter so both were shafted with the same exact shaft. 

I have to say it lived up to everything I’ve read about it in this thread. It was long as advertised, and definitely longer than my TSR2. The net at the end of the range was about 250 today and I could get the TSR into the middle of the net on good shots. But the TD was consistently hitting the top of the net (it’s about 60 feet high) with a few getting over the net. 

What I found most surprising was the forgiveness of the TD. If the TSR is a 9 out of 10 for forgiveness, I’d say the TD was probably an 8.5 or 9 as well. My bad swing got the same results as the TSR with my god swings giving me better results. 

Overall I’m super pleased with this head!  

You didn’t have any trouble with spin playing the 3D at 8 compared to the TSR2? My only issue with the 3D is it’s so low spin (for me) that I’m having to loft up from my prior Epic Speed I play at 8. Best drives against best drives the 3D is longer than the Speed but haven’t been able to dial in  how I’d play it. 10.5, 10.5 -1 or 9 +1 are all things I want to keep testing 

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

What is everyone doing for 3 wood? I love the TD driver should I go with same setup in 3 wood? Or go standard head. 

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

1 hour ago, sethdavidsdad said:

What is everyone doing for 3 wood? I love the TD driver should I go with same setup in 3 wood? Or go standard head. 

I really like the 3w.

one thing though is I hit it mostly off the tee, don’t really need it off the deck very often. 

I do struggle to launch it off the deck and I have above your average SS. 

comes out low and very hot. not great for holding greens 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

RIP 💎 💎 💎 #2

These things are like made of glass 

75 balls tops. Mostly good balls in my garage. Maybe 25 range balls, and I only hit like 2-3 in a row to try to preserve this delicate flower

These things are wayyy worse then the original SIMs

🤣

IMG_2919.jpeg.c98385bf10c1220640d1da67dcc0fa23.jpeg

Edited by MagicMan79
  • Sad 3

TSR4 8*, Accra RPG 362 M5 & Ventus Red 7x

Sim Rocket 14*, Accra TZ6 75 M5

790 2i UDI (2021), Accra TZ5 105 M5

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW, Modus 120 TX

Callaway JAWS 50, 54, 60,  x100 DG

1/1 Lajosi DD-201 WB, Stability Tour blackout 

40 minutes ago, Kale_m said:

comes out low and very hot. not great for holding greens 

This is why I was leaning towards the standard instead of the TD add a little more spin

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Just now, MagicMan79 said:

RIP 💎 💎 💎 #2

These things are like made of glass 

75 balls tops. Mostly good balls in my garage. Maybe 25 range balls, and I only hit like 2-3 in a row to try to preserve this delicate flower

These things are wayyy worse then the original SIMs

🤣

IMG_2919.jpeg.c98385bf10c1220640d1da67dcc0fa23.jpeg

You should probably only use your gamer for the course only.  The faces seem to be so thin these days that anything over 120 ss is most certainly gonna cause the face to crack at some point. 

30 minutes ago, TitleistBalata said:

What are we looking at here; it’s tough to tell what part of the head this is. 

Its a straight edge running across the face. Light is shining under the straight edge at the 4-5/8" point, so its clearly dented. Again

8 hours ago, TitleistBalata said:

Oh yeah, I see it now!  That’s clearly dented. How has callaway been as far as warranty goes?  Have they given you a hard time or pretty easy to deal with?

I always buy from a large online vendor, and they have always been great. The vendor ships me a new one and I don’t have to deal with Callaway at all 👍🏼 

• Like 1

Any of you folks try out both a Tensei Blue X-60 and Ventus Blue Velocore X6 in the TD head? Which did you prefer?

I have two rounds in with a demo TD w/the Ventus Blue V'core in it, and whereas I'm able to take the left side out of play with it, I'm pushing it right more than I'd like. Now, it has a standard grip on it, and I'm midsize in all of my other clubs, so that's not helping me any... But I also hit a buddy's [previous Callaway model driver] with a Tensei in it, and that shaft might have felt better to me. No idea how it would be in the TD head, though.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:36 AM, KMeloney said:

Any of you folks try out both a Tensei Blue X-60 and Ventus Blue Velocore X6 in the TD head? Which did you prefer?

I have two rounds in with a demo TD w/the Ventus Blue V'core in it, and whereas I'm able to take the left side out of play with it, I'm pushing it right more than I'd like. Now, it has a standard grip on it, and I'm midsize in all of my other clubs, so that's not helping me any... But I also hit a buddy's [previous Callaway model driver] with a Tensei in it, and that shaft might have felt better to me. No idea how it would be in the TD head, though.

ive played both shafts in the 3D and I prefer the Tensei pro blue 60X, its  a great shaft if it fits you.  It's mid spin and mid launch for me but it's sooo smooth and has a wide power band.