2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno t24 wedges

jszgolf

22 hours ago, luke1333 said:

Does the X grind look a little different on the 24s or is it just the picture?

Mine are here!!! Chipped with them in house really can't tell much of a difference but different shafts so may have a slight difference from that. Look great though! T22 ole rusty compared to new T24 raw. Whenever I buy new wedges the old ones seem like they have just reached the perfect patina 😔

20231010_175414.jpg.63591a029208ed240515e1c814b7394c.jpg

20231010_175524.jpg.3dce1a5be1b9af2abe8dabad2beafb43.jpg

20231010_175600.jpg.3d8116c5c18752816dc9ef89433e34e8.jpg

Driver - JPX 900 9.5
Fairway - Mp 650 15
Irons - MP H4 2-3
- Mp 64 4-7
- Mp 4 8-pw
Wedges -MP T7 54 + 60
Putter - Mp T106

2 hours ago, Nismottgtr said:

I don't think so really. I held them up together and looks very very similar. Exact is hard to say, the shining raw and the rusty optical illusion don't help matters either

Ping G430 LST 10.5° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Morry - please tell us more as reviews have been so mixed over here.  Still playing T22 54* as don't know my next move and haven't been able to lay eyes or hit any of these yet.  Any info is much appreciated. 

Saw this: favorable review praising them and made me want to go track some down and swing em. From one Mizuno fan to the next

Can somebody (new perspective) speak to the feel of these wedges vis a vis the T22’s. Never hit the the T22’s but heard good things around feel, but the T20’s were awful IMO—felt hard and clicky. Love the look of the ‘24’s but will pass if they are T20/T7esque on feel. My problem with Mizuno wedges, for about the last 10 years, is that they don’t feel like Mizuno irons. And as an obvious Mizuno fanboy, that is a problem for me. I get it, feel is personal, but what’s the call on the T24’s? (Unfortunately I will not be able to hit them where I live, so that is not an option.)

2 hours ago, cyr67 said:

Can somebody (new perspective) speak to the feel of these wedges vis a vis the T22’s. Never hit the the T22’s but heard good things around feel, but the T20’s were awful IMO—felt hard and clicky. Love the look of the ‘24’s but will pass if they are T20/T7esque on feel. My problem with Mizuno wedges, for about the last 10 years, is that they don’t feel like Mizuno irons. And as an obvious Mizuno fanboy, that is a problem for me. I get it, feel is personal, but what’s the call on the T24’s? (Unfortunately I will not be able to hit them where I live, so that is not an option.)

Please go back and read what I wrote. 

To me, the T24s are clicky. 

I've played them now for about 3 weeks. They are clicky. They spin well if you catch the grooves from clean lies. But they just feel clicky, they sound clicky. 

As I have reviewed, on little chips around the greens, they just take off with speed, it carries the spin, but I am having a hard time dead-handing soft touch dead shots around the greens that I was able to do with the T22s. The T24s just fly off very quickly with a lot of speed, and you can mitigate that with the spin, but you had better check shot it well, otherwise it just flies out. 

On full shots, it's the same thing - they just fly. So much so that I cut down the T24s about ¾" shorter than I had my T22s, and I am hitting the same distances with the T24 as I used to do with the T22s. The proof is right there. Same swing weight, at the shorter lengths, I just added lead tape to make them the same. But it's ¾" shorter!!!! And still flies. Which is totally weird for me, the reason why I had the T22s a bit longer is because they were so soft and dead fly that I needed to lengthen them to get to the distances I wanted. And even with the longer shaft I can still hit the dead shots around the greens with the T22s, which would literally just sit and die right where i hit it. Not with the T24. 

So. I am now looking at other wedges. I'd hate to move away from the Miz, but I was playing other ones before T22, so it is what it is. T22s were wonderful for me, my extra short game short side shots were amazing. I've lost that with the T24. So I will see if I can find some wedges that will give me the dead shots again. If not, I might try to buy up all the T22s remaining in the world in my lofts and keep them for the next decade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HeadCovered said:

I've played them now for about 3 weeks. They are clicky. They spin well if you catch the grooves from clean lies. But they just feel clicky, they sound clicky. 

As I have reviewed, on little chips around the greens, they just take off with speed, it carries the spin, but I am having a hard time dead-handing soft touch dead shots around the greens that I was able to do with the T22s. The T24s just fly off very quickly with a lot of speed, and you can mitigate that with the spin, but you had better check shot it well, otherwise it just flies out. 

On full shots, it's the same thing - they just fly. So much so that I cut down the T24s about ¾" shorter than I had my T22s, and I am hitting the same distances with the T24 as I used to do with the T22s. The proof is right there. Same swing weight, at the shorter lengths, I just added lead tape to make them the same. But it's ¾" shorter!!!! And still flies. Which is totally weird for me, the reason why I had the T22s a bit longer is because they were so soft and dead fly that I needed to lengthen them to get to the distances I wanted. And even with the longer shaft I can still hit the dead shots around the greens with the T22s, which would literally just sit and die right where i hit it. Not with the T24. 

So. I am now looking at other wedges. I'd hate to move away from the Miz, but I was playing other ones before T22, so it is what it is. T22s were wonderful for me, my extra short game short side shots were amazing. I've lost that with the T24. So I will see if I can find some wedges that will give me the dead shots again. If not, I might try to buy up all the T22s remaining in the world in my lofts and keep them for the next decade. 

Why don’t you just buy another set of T22’s ( which is blasphemous on WRX because they aren’t the latest and greatest, I’m ducking for cover now lol) 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

8 hours ago, HeadCovered said:

I did read your post, hence my concern and request for another opinion. If what you say is the consensus view, then maybe buying the ‘22’s could be an option, as some have suggested. 

I didn’t like the look of the T22’s at address. To me the T24’s looks oh so similar to the S18’s and is why I’m strongly considering on looks alone. So many people have Vokeys which I don’t think are considered soft feeling but maybe I’m wrong. The closest soft feeling wedge to a Mizuno iron that I have hit is the Fourteen RM4’s  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

34 minutes ago, cyr67 said:

I did read your post, hence my concern and request for another opinion. If what you say is the consensus view, then maybe buying the ‘22’s could be an option, as some have suggested. 

Copy that. Yup, totally, it's just my finding. But if you saw me play with the T22s, and now with the T24s as my friends have, you'd know, they have asked me what happened, why am I setting up differently and hitting weird chips now, well, there ya go. 

20 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

I didn’t like the look of the T22’s at address. To me the T24’s looks oh so similar to the S18’s and is why I’m strongly considering on looks alone. So many people have Vokeys which I don’t think are considered soft feeling but maybe I’m wrong. The closest soft feeling wedge to a Mizuno iron that I have hit is the Fourteen RM4’s  

I like the T22s shapes. Worked for me. The extra kink near the heel helped made them look more boxy rather than round, slightly bigger, and that worked for me. 

You're right that the T24 look more like the 18, a bit more rounded. 

Funny you say that about the Fourteen, I was sniffing them out recently 😝

12 hours ago, BumpNRunner said:

Think that’s where I’m at - hit these with the s400 albeit not the shaft that will end up in them but good nuff to gauge feel/spin wise - if not pony up for some fourteens they did just drop a new version of the RM wedge 😉 

The RM4’s are sweet looking wedges, a bit on the large side, but a beautiful design, and on my list. I’m looking for Cally MD2 levels of soft. I’ve only heard good things about the RM4’s, and they are noted to be soft feeling. I haven’t really gotten on with Mizuno wedges since the R12’s, and I keep hoping the next iteration is going to be the one. 

• Like 1

I game fourteen RM4's. Almost 19 months now and still love them. Went and tested the T24's and wanted to like them so bad. I really like the look from address but the feel compared to my fourteens, there is no comparison. I agree with the clicky sound and they most certainly feel harder. I won't be switching to the mizzys and I'll be getting a new set of fourteens instead. 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, HeadCovered said:

I like the T22s shapes. Worked for me. The extra kink near the heel helped made them look more boxy rather than round, slightly bigger, and that worked for me. 

You're right that the T24 look more like the 18, a bit more rounded. 

Funny you say that about the Fourteen, I was sniffing them out recently 😝

Pull the trigger and get the fourteens. Im pretty sure they have an end of summer sale going on right now as well.

1 hour ago, brent said:

I have the 56S and 60V. Decent, Not blown away buy them.  I try everything and go back to the MG4s. My 60 is for sale on here 

Can you provide any insight about your experience with the V grind? What you liked or didn't like about it?

Ping G430 LST - Hzrdus Blue 60tx

Titleist 910f - Diamana ahina 70x

Callaway Apex UW - Hzrdus RDX Black 80x

Cobra King Tour '23 - KBS $Taper 

Vokey SM9: 50,54,58 - S400

Odyssey Two Ball Ten Broomstick, 46"

I compared my V grind T24 to my Tmade MG4.  Both with DG S400s.  I’m not really sure why but just flighted the MG4 lower and hit it much cleaner.   Was also more accurate with it. Maybe because Mizuno was built longer (ordered standard length) compared to MG4? Maybe grind is for a little better wedge players then me?  Not sure, just like the Tmade better 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brent said:

I compared my V grind T24 to my Tmade MG4.  Both with DG S400s.  I’m not really sure why but just flighted the MG4 lower and hit it much cleaner.   Was also more accurate with it. Maybe because Mizuno was built longer (ordered standard length) compared to MG4? Maybe grind is for a little better wedge players then me?  Not sure, just like the Tmade better 

Did you check the loft/lie on both to make sure they matched??? Off the shelf the Mizuno is 63 as opposed to 64 lie on the TM, so you might want to check them...... even if they bent them for you at the factory, as it were, they may not be there, so you should go get them bent to be the same at your local shop

On 10/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, Rev707 said:

Pull the trigger and get the fourteens. Im pretty sure they have an end of summer sale going on right now as well.

I think the sale is over now, but I took advantage of it a few weeks ago, and after 3 rounds with the RM4's, I could not be happier. Great feel, tons of spin, and incredible accuracy.

• Like 1

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Aldila RIP Phenom 50 A
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

Finally got to put my 54.10 S and 58.10 V Raw ones into play the last couple of rounds and all I can say is they're really, REALLY good. The first round I used them, I had some awkward shots with the 54 and just didn't hit it great, but enjoyed the 58. Played some rounds with some other stuff and then got a good 9 and some practice in with these yesterday evening and this evening and I'm very happy with them. I've never had the technique to spin back a 58 from 35-40 yards, but did it twice last night. Feel like I can throw these at the hole and feel confident they're going to drop and stop.

To be fair, I don't use these lofts for full shots, so I can't really comment on clickiness on full shots, but they feel as good to me as anything else out right now on pitches and chips and I've played everything from Vokey to MG3 to T22. My MG4s are still in the wrapper and I might not even get them out yet.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai-Smoke TD 9° / Project X Denali Black 6.0 65g, 45.5"

TaylorMade Qi10 15° 3W, 18° 5W, & 21° 7W/ Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 72g S

Ping Blueprint-S 5-PW / Project X IO 6.0 110g / Power Spec

Vokey SM10 Nickel 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 58.10 S / Project X IO 6.0 110g

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black LE / 34.5"

Titleist ProV1 / Golf Pride MCC+4 Blue/Gray

1 hour ago, over7par said:

Finally got to put my 54.10 S and 58.10 V Raw ones into play the last couple of rounds and all I can say is they're really, REALLY good. The first round I used them, I had some awkward shots with the 54 and just didn't hit it great, but enjoyed the 58. Played some rounds with some other stuff and then got a good 9 and some practice in with these yesterday evening and this evening and I'm very happy with them. I've never had the technique to spin back a 58 from 35-40 yards, but did it twice last night. Feel like I can throw these at the hole and feel confident they're going to drop and stop.

To be fair, I don't use these lofts for full shots, so I can't really comment on clickiness on full shots, but they feel as good to me as anything else out right now on pitches and chips and I've played everything from Vokey to MG3 to T22. My MG4s are still in the wrapper and I might not even get them out yet.

How different are they from the T22? 

1 hour ago, zrheisler22 said:

How different are they from the T22? 

So I'll be honest, I'm probably not the person to go to when it comes to absolute feel. Like I know there's differences in all the brands and I'm a 4-HC, so my striking's not bad, but I can't tell much difference feel-wise between T22 and T24.

Shape-wise, to me they look slightly better. The leading edge isn't round by any means, but it's a LITTLE rounder to my eye? I wasn't sure I'd like the V-grind in the 58, but thought I'd give it a whirl and I've been pleasantly surprised with its versatility. I also ended up ordering them with my preferred iron shaft (PX IO 6.0) and I'm not sure if it's because the shaft weight is just what I'm used to or what, but my tempo is so much smoother with them. It just feels right. With Vokeys, I've always played the stock S200 and while I've hit good shots with those and not dogging them at all, the consistency just wasn't there for me. I even went to an outdoor Titleist fitting and went with the recommendation, but all the same, real world results never came consistently enough.

And as far as bag appeal goes, these knock it out of the park versus the T22. The fact that they moved the lofts/grinds to the toe and went simplistic, especially with the all raw ones, I think they look phenomenal. Kept going back to my MG3s that I've been playing for the better part of a year and a half, but I really feel good about these. There's always honeymoon phases and I am a WRX'er at heart, so nothing's ever truly safe in the bag, but these are certainly the first ones since MG3 that have enabled me to comfortably hit all the shots I want to hit and with the exception of the first 9 with the 54, they've done that. I'll attribute that first day to me being off. It was an awkward lie from 55 yards away in some clover. I'm a 4-HC, not a pro. It's not always the equipment's fault. 🤣

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai-Smoke TD 9° / Project X Denali Black 6.0 65g, 45.5"

TaylorMade Qi10 15° 3W, 18° 5W, & 21° 7W/ Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 72g S

Ping Blueprint-S 5-PW / Project X IO 6.0 110g / Power Spec

Vokey SM10 Nickel 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 58.10 S / Project X IO 6.0 110g

PXG Mini Gunboat / BGT Stability Tour Black LE / 34.5"

Titleist ProV1 / Golf Pride MCC+4 Blue/Gray