New Mizuno t24 wedges

jszgolf

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

You have 1° less loft. That makes the ball a little faster. Nothing to do with hardness.

Er, no I don't. Was I not clear? I bent them to be exactly the same as the previous version. That's what I meant when I said "you know where I'm going with this......" 

..... and I also mentioned how I've tried bending them and how they feel different

I hit chips again for an hour and a range session for 2 more hours yesterday - 

the face is harder. It sounds click-ier, the sound is sharp and high pitched and not dull and soft like the T22. 

For me, the T24 just feels harder. I know it is. I've hit enough shots already with my own ball, it just isn’t the same.

May be it's the grooves, they've tweaked the grooves, and also the face surface milling may be is doing it also. 

It sounds so tinny. Such a clink to the sound. 

Edited by HeadCovered

Still waiting for these to be released up here.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

6 hours ago, Woodie said:

"I just got the 50.08S and 58.08C in the Denim. 

I also played the T22 in the 51.09S and 59.09C."

Sorry, just read this. Then it will be hardness 😉

It's OK, no worries.

I did yet another session, spent 90 minutes hitting everything around the green, from tight lies to thick grass to slightly moist morning dew grass, short little touchy chips, also 50 yard pitches, mini flops to firmer low-traj clip-and-check types. 

It's definitely clicky. It really has a very sharp clink-y sound like an actual musical instrument, so completely different to the T22.  It's OK from clean tight lies, with a clean face and grooves, getting the ball first onto the grooves to make it bite and check, but it does seem to fly a bit farther and faster. It just does. I am not getting it to stop right away like I did with the T22. 

From the rough - yikes - it's NOT good. Must be the new grooves. It just doesn't bite like I managed to do with the T22. As soon as you get some little bit of grass or a bit of that moisture - it literally just flies away, has no bite, and rolls away!!!! So weird!!! It never did that with the T22. I have to clean off the face every time with these T24 to make sure there is nothing on the face if I want to make it check at all, but I never did that with the T22, it was just extra soft for me. If anything the T22 was so soft and would literally kill the speed of the ball so much so that I struggled to throw the ball and make it go at first. I owned the T22 for about 18 months, and even recently, after all that use, I still managed to get it to check and bite exactly like how I wanted it. My full shots from full swing distances were not as good any more, but my chips and pitches were still controlled delicately as it had a very soft feel and would just help me hit dead shots where it would just come to a stop as it had no speed like I said, which helped me tremendously. 

So far, I am NOT impressed with the T24. 

One solution for me would be to make them even weaker. I may have to bend my 58.08C all the way to 61, may be 62 to try to get the same effect as much as possible. Obviously that would mean the bounce is also affected but I can manage that as it has enough sole grind, and I can always just grind off the heel edges and bounce even more if I need it. 

It's really bothering me that the close touch shots around the greens from short sided thicker rough is so difficult with the T24. 

I may have to go back. Or go to some other wedge. I do have some other wedges in storage, like the Kasco Dolphin and a couple Vegas, but I don't really want to use them all the time for general play. LOL. We shall see. 

Edited by HeadCovered
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, HeadCovered said:

It's OK, no worries.

I did yet another session, spent 90 minutes hitting everything around the green, from tight lies to thick grass to slightly moist morning dew grass, short little touchy chips, also 50 yard pitches, mini flops to firmer low-traj clip-and-check types. 

It's definitely clicky. It really has a very sharp clink-y sound like an actual musical instrument, so completely different to the T22.  It's OK from clean tight lies, with a clean face and grooves, getting the ball first onto the grooves to make it bite and check, but it does seem to fly a bit farther and faster. It just does. I am not getting it to stop right away like I did with the T22. 

From the rough - yikes - it's NOT good. Must be the new grooves. It just doesn't bite like I managed to do with the T22. As soon as you get some little bit of grass or a bit of that moisture - it literally just flies away, has no bite, and rolls away!!!! So weird!!! It never did that with the T22. I have to clean off the face every time with these T24 to make sure there is nothing on the face if I want to make it check at all, but I never did that with the T22, it was just extra soft for me. If anything the T22 was so soft and would literally kill the speed of the ball so much so that I struggled to throw the ball and make it go at first. I owned the T22 for about 18 months, and even recently, after all that use, I still managed to get it to check and bite exactly like how I wanted it. My full shots from full swing distances were not as good any more, but my chips and pitches were still controlled delicately as it had a very soft feel and would just help me hit dead shots where it would just come to a stop as it had no speed like I said, which helped me tremendously. 

So far, I am NOT impressed with the T24. 

One solution for me would be to make them even weaker. I may have to bend my 58.08C all the way to 61, may be 62 to try to get the same effect as much as possible. Obviously that would mean the bounce is also affected but I can manage that as it has enough sole grind, and I can always just grind off the heel edges and bounce even more if I need it. 

It's really bothering me that the close touch shots around the greens from short sided thicker rough is so difficult with the T24. 

I may have to go back. Or go to some other wedge. I do have some other wedges in storage, like the Kasco Dolphin and a couple Vegas, but I don't really want to use them all the time for general play. LOL. We shall see. 

FWIW my son was fit for new irons a few weeks ago and we held off on the wedges until last week so he could try the T24.  He's coming from currently playing S18s.  He equated the T24 to the same feel as the Vokeys, which he hit twice and said no.  His direct feedback was "I love the look but they feel harder then my current wedges and I want something softer".  I hit them and I thought they looked great and I didn't notice any feel difference at all, but he's much more perceptive than me I guess.  

12 minutes ago, balladm said:

I got a copper T24 54* and I have 2 raw T22 wedges. I think the T24 feels softer than my raw T22s. Feel, distance, and spin are fine for me. No issues. Personally I like the feel of the Copper T24 more than the raw T22 but I like the rusty T22 look more.

What grind do you have on the 54?

I was able to take a look at these at a local shop.  Much less metal in the top neck part of the hosel area at the top which I am used to with Mizuno (think S18).  Very iron like which I love. Smaller head compared with Vokey and TM although those two lines have been getting smaller profile wise over the years. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

T24's Clicky? Say it isn't so! They look brill, but I do not get on with clicky wedges. The last clicky wedges I played were the T20's, and before that, the RTX 3's. Neither lasted longer than a couple of months in my bag. I attributed the clicky feel in the Mizuno's to the boron, but I heard the T22s solved that problem with the copper underlay. Now it sounds like they are back to clicky...with the copper underlay. Come on, Mizuno! 

I'm currently playing RTX 4's, but I need new wedges and the T24's look the part, so I'm disappointed about the reviews here. FWIW I find the RTX 4's to be sweet, and feel great. The other 'recent' wedges I really liked for feel were the Cobra PUR wedges. I'm particular about wedge feel and can really tell the difference. I get this is all subjective on feel, but I'm looking for that dense/soft feel. Any recommendations would appreciated. 

Really looking at T24 for my next set of wedges.  Odd that comments so far are mixed.  Wedges are fairly personal though so I kind of take comments with a grain of salt.  

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

9 hours ago, cyr67 said:

T24's Clicky? Say it isn't so! They look brill, but I do not get on with clicky wedges. The last clicky wedges I played were the T20's, and before that, the RTX 3's. Neither lasted longer than a couple of months in my bag. I attributed the clicky feel in the Mizuno's to the boron, but I heard the T22s solved that problem with the copper underlay. Now it sounds like they are back to clicky...with the copper underlay. Come on, Mizuno! 

I'm currently playing RTX 4's, but I need new wedges and the T24's look the part, so I'm disappointed about the reviews here. FWIW I find the RTX 4's to be sweet, and feel great. The other 'recent' wedges I really liked for feel were the Cobra PUR wedges. I'm particular about wedge feel and can really tell the difference. I get this is all subjective on feel, but I'm looking for that dense/soft feel. Any recommendations would appreciated. 

The T20, T22 and T24 all feel great! IMHO, anyone saying 1025E with boron feels “clicky” has had that falsely programmed in their head. It’s like saying standard 303 stainless feels harder than 303 German stainless steel when Scotty Cameron mills a putter out of them. For the record, SSS and GSS have the exact same hardness and any difference felt is a result of the milling techniques.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

17 hours ago, cyr67 said:

Yeah, with the T22, I LOVED it. Everything worked for me. The shape, the color, the weight, the feel, the spin, the works. I could do anything with the 59.09C I had, I LOVED that thing but I wore out the grooves. I did have it long enough, but I loved that club so much I stuck with it till this new one came out. 

And sure, like everybody says, it's just opinions, and THIS is my opinion, laid bare, here, I KNOW what i'm feeling and SEEING how the ball is reacting, I haven't changed balls this year, the same ball, and it's NOT doing the same thing as my T22 did. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Really looking at T24 for my next set of wedges.  Odd that comments so far are mixed.  Wedges are fairly personal though so I kind of take comments with a grain of salt.  

It's not about a grain of salt, yeah, it's ALWAYS an opinion, and of course, it's MINE. But, at the same time, I have done the side-by-side, and the T22 and T24 are NOT the same, CLEARLY not the same. Different shapes, different colors, and the grind isn't even the same!!!! The C-grind aren't even the same!!!! The T24 C-grind is not so much "C" as it is more like the V, just with a different bounce. You can SEE it, when you put them next to each other. Sorry I don't have photos, I did a comparison when I first got it, and it's NOT the same.

To each his own, absolutely, but my shafts are the same, the grips are the same, etc etc - I expected it to be the same, but it's not. I can feel it and see it in the way ball just runs away from me, it's not checking, it flies off a bit more, and I have to use a different technique, which is due to the difference in ALL of these things. 

But again, this is what they do, they have to keep trying new things just because, even if the previous one was just fine for some and not quite for others, and vice versa, it just keeps happening that way. There isn't a single club out there from driver to putters that are the same in any few years you take in the last 20 years. 

The T24 is NOT the T22. Yup. And it's THAT different. Pure and simple. It doesn't work for me. But it may work for you and others, and that's all that matters in the end. 

7 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

The T20, T22 and T24 all feel great! IMHO, anyone saying 1025E with boron feels “clicky” has had that falsely programmed in their head. It’s like saying standard 303 stainless feels harder than 303 German stainless steel when Scotty Cameron mills a putter out of them. For the record, SSS and GSS have the exact same hardness and any difference felt is a result of the milling techniques.

Yup, and I did mention the different grooves and face milling on the T24 compared to previous clubs, and that also has a lot to do with what's happening to me. 

13 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Perhaps the "boron = clicky" is an apocryphal story, but I hated the T20's, and although I never played the T22's, many people reported that they felt a lot better than the T20's, and it was surmised that that was due to the addition of the copper underlay. Anyway, not a fan of clicky, and if that's the T24's, then it's a no go for me, which is a shame because the 24's are dripping sauce. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 4:24 PM, luke1333 said:

Interesting comments here, I guess if the T24s don't feel good I will stick with the T22s. 

Not sure where those thoughts are coming from. I think they are the best feeling wedge out there currently. 

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

8 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Not sure where those thoughts are coming from. I think they are the best feeling wedge out there currently. 

I will find out tomorrow! I think mine are in town via FedEx! Guess I can test them indoors vs the T22s!

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Mine are here!!! Chipped with them in house really can't tell much of a difference but different shafts so may have a slight difference from that. Look great though! T22 ole rusty compared to new T24 raw. Whenever I buy new wedges the old ones seem like they have just reached the perfect patina 😔

20231010_175414.jpg.63591a029208ed240515e1c814b7394c.jpg

20231010_175524.jpg.3dce1a5be1b9af2abe8dabad2beafb43.jpg

20231010_175600.jpg.3d8116c5c18752816dc9ef89433e34e8.jpg

Edited by luke1333

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

I have a bunch of T22s. Remember that one wedge from Mizuno makes up 4* degrees of models. I find they look better when bent a touch to their strong side. Remember a 54.08 is really a 56.10 bent strong.

I have..

54.08D bent 55.09D

58.16S bent 55.13S

60.06X bent 61.07X

58.08C bent 59.09C

50.07S bent 52.09S

Edited by cav5

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

AI Smoke TD 15

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3 Modus 120x

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 51S 55D T24 59V s400

Oworks 7s

1 hour ago, cav5 said:

I have a bunch of T22s. Remember that one wedge from Mizuno makes up 4* degrees of models. I find they look better when bent a touch to their strong side. Remember a 54.08 is really a 56.10 bent strong.

I have..

54.08D bent 55.09D

58.16S bent 55.13S

60.06X bent 61.07X

58.08C bent 59.09C

50.07S bent 52.09S

I think you mean, bent weak. Adding loft (bending weak) takes out offset. Reducing loft (bending strong) adds offset. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

12 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

I think you mean, bent weak. Adding loft (bending weak) takes out offset. Reducing loft (bending strong) adds offset. 

Yes but it depends with mizuno. A 54* is really a factory 56 bent strong and relabeled. If you buy a 58 and bend it to 56 its really just back to stock.

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

AI Smoke TD 15

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3 Modus 120x

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 51S 55D T24 59V s400

Oworks 7s

3 hours ago, cav5 said:

I have..

54.08D bent 55.09D

58.16S bent 55.13S

60.06X bent 61.07X

58.08C bent 59.09C

50.07S bent 52.09S

whoa, really? 🤯 

so what are the factory lofts? 

stocks of 52s, 56s, and 60s? 

that is actually very interesting but makes sense. Do other oems do this?

43 minutes ago, PNWSlinger said:

whoa, really? 🤯 

so what are the factory lofts? 

stocks of 52s, 56s, and 60s? 

that is actually very interesting but makes sense. Do other oems do this?

If you look at the spec sheet you'll be able to tell based on the the loft/bounce progression For example, the ones listed below are all a 56.10 bent strong or weak and then re-badged. So in this case you can buy anyone of these and bend to what you want. Just know that if you buy the 58.12 and bend to 60.14 its really 4* weak.

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

AI Smoke TD 15

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3 Modus 120x

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 51S 55D T24 59V s400

Oworks 7s

57 minutes ago, cav5 said:

If you look at the spec sheet you'll be able to tell based on the the loft/bounce progression For example, the ones listed below are all a 56.10 bent strong or weak and then re-badged. So in this case you can buy anyone of these and bend to what you want. Just know that if you buy the 58.12 and bend to 60.14 its really 4* weak.

good to know.
I think im just going to buy another set of t22's at standard offsets and bend them for my needs. Love the feel of the old ones.

• Like 1