Wilson 2024 new staff blade/cb, dynapower forged, staff wedges, staff balls

67VIP

6 minutes ago, Garydean said:

Atleast the shield is there, no shield on other staff products previously. It really won't change my mind how I think of the products. Just wish I could find a good deal on dynapower driver to get callaway out of the bag 🤷‍♂️

20240103_182903.jpg

Good looking bag. I play the Bucktown putter and love it. I live in NC and we have plenty of places to try DynaPwr. 

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

4 hours ago, Steve o said:

I started with Wilson and plan to buy the DynaPwr Forged once they are in the marketplace. I'd love to see the W/S stay on the club but it seems that decision is made….Either way, I am in on their wedge, putter, new STAFF ball and Triad. Will give the woods a try when I can afford it. I want them to grow.

Well said. DynaPower Forged is also what I am waiting on. I’ve always played and still have plenty of “players irons” to challenge me and I am interested in a set that is not too far from that but on the “players distance irons” side. And if it helps like a game improvement iron without looking like one, all the better.

Not too big a profile is the key. Callaway Paradym is in that compact to mid-sized category and I can say those are really good, surprisingly so. But I think the DynaPower Forged could deliver similar performance and looks better, could be very strong competition. I like the D9 Forged, I like all the Wilson irons, but I don’t expect much change in the fabulous Staff Model CB or MB. I am most interested to see what is new in the DynaPower Forged.

The Wilson fairway woods have been good for a while. No one talks about the D9 woods but I picked up a new 5 wood dirt cheap and it’s got a great profile. Very easy to hit. Saw D9 drivers listed for $129 new!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

2 hours ago, Garydean said:

Atleast the shield is there, no shield on other staff products previously. It really won't change my mind how I think of the products. Just wish I could find a good deal on dynapower driver to get callaway out of the bag 🤷‍♂️

20240103_182903.jpg

The titanium Dynapwr is $429…that includes the 50/60/70g hzrdus red/black rdx shafts ($250 all by themselves & there are no “made for” versions like ventus, it’s the real deal…no upcharge either); the Dynapwr Carbon is $499. Everything else is $549-$629. That is an amazing deal…especially considering the rdx black 60/70 in stiff/x-stiff competes very favorably with the ventus velocore black…except it isn’t a $350 upcharge.

• Like 1

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

2 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Well said. DynaPower Forged is also what I am waiting on. I’ve always played and still have plenty of “players irons” to challenge me and I am interested in a set that is not too far from that but on the “players distance irons” side. And if it helps like a game improvement iron without looking like one, all the better.

Not too big a profile is the key. Callaway Paradym is in that compact to mid-sized category and I can say those are really good, surprisingly so. But I think the DynaPower Forged could deliver similar performance and looks better, could be very strong competition. I like the D9 Forged, I like all the Wilson irons, but I don’t expect much change in the fabulous Staff Model CB or MB. I am most interested to see what is new in the DynaPower Forged.

The Wilson fairway woods have been good for a while. No one talks about the D9 woods but I picked up a new 5 wood dirt cheap and it’s got a great profile. Very easy to hit. Saw D9 drivers listed for $129 new!

D7 3 wood was one of the longest, easiest to hit 3woods I’d ever hit. It was right up there with an old X Hot Pro 3 Deep I once played. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 67VIP said:

The titanium Dynapwr is $429…that includes the 50/60/70g hzrdus red/black rdx shafts ($250 all by themselves & there are no “made for” versions like ventus, it’s the real deal…no upcharge either); the Dynapwr Carbon is $499. Everything else is $549-$629. That is an amazing deal…especially considering the rdx black 60/70 in stiff/x-stiff competes very favorably with the ventus velocore black…except it isn’t a $350 upcharge.

I hear you but I'm cheap lol, I wait for deals on flea bay it saved me hundreds on new equipment. I definitely want to get a fitting for Dynapwr driver though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Steve o said:

The STAFF balls are getting great reviews on everything I’ve read today. Shield or not the product is solid. 

The last ball was great but I didn't like that they had only 1 to expect to do everything and on top of that the Raw ball was awful. 

Definitely will look at the Staff Model ball myself especially if the spin is lower. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

3 hours ago, boggyman said:

IMG_7981.jpeg

I’ll raise…

IMG_5406.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

1 minute ago, this_is_golf said:

Yea they sound legit. I just wish they weren’t priced so high. 

If it’s any consolation, Triad is now $34 a dozen 🔥👍

• Like 2

w/KBS $-Taper 110

4 minutes ago, boggyman said:

You win….🏆

I wish I could take credit for that, but I stole that off one of the marketing peeps facebook page…being a 26 year veteran it speaks volumes to me personally. 🇺🇸

w/KBS $-Taper 110

2 hours ago, 67VIP said:

I wish I could take credit for that, but I stole that off one of the marketing peeps facebook page…being a 26 year veteran it speaks volumes to me personally. 🇺🇸

Thank you for your service! My dad is a veteran as were both my grandfathers! Couple neighbors are as well! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Like 1

Amer Sports has filed with the SEC for a proposed IPO in the U.S.  An influx of cash from that could mean more investments across the board, including at Wilson Golf.

https://footwearnews.com/business/business-news/amer-sports-ipo-salomon-1203573677/

• Like 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I  opened the download. Yep, Wilson has an amazing history. I remember seeing that Tour Bag in Caddyshack.  Tim Clarke has been gone as President for nearly a year. I assume several others from their executive team are gone too. I am looking forward to their new releases and new direction. They need to attract a younger generation and build upon their history. I was disappointed that this site didn't run an article on the Staff ball release.It got a lot of positive press. Hopefully they won't stiff us with the new clubs

• Like 3

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

19 hours ago, MattM97 said:

the Raw ball was awful. 

Yes it was

Raw Triad was awful too

Never again

• Like 3

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

I'm hoping to get fit with their new AI fitting app after the PGA show. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

49 minutes ago, Woodridge said:

I'm hoping to get fit with their new AI fitting app after the PGA show. 

How do you like the DP 5W. I was thinking about adding it.

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

1 hour ago, Steve o said:

How do you like the DP 5W. I was thinking about adding it.

I like it a lot. I have a tough time finding fairway woods that I like and this one sits perfect. I replaced a Callaway X-Hot 5 wood that had been in my bag forever.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

Hoping the cash infusion will get them the eye of one or two up-and-comers. The current offerings are right there with anything else available, but bottom line is that a great player can play relatively well with a lot of modern equipment and it's hard to fault them for going after more lucrative contracts that guarantee retirement-level money over a single signing period. Given that Woodland jumped ship right after winning with the Staff Model Blades it's likely that the former management team just wasn't willing to spend what it took to keep someone peaking like that around. It takes money to make money, can't fight facts, and big names demand dollars. Also keep in mind that at the collegiate level even prior to the NIL changes you pretty much never saw Wilson clubs in the WITB posts. They just aren't on the minds of nearly as many golfers as they could be.

The NGF article was great, and it's awesome that Wilson is the number one brand in so many ways, but you don't see athletes wearing Wilson gear before & after games or on the sidelines, etc.; you see them wearing Nike, Adidas, UA, and whoever else. You see them wearing the same or known casual brands on their social media feeds outside of games. They have a lot of work to do in terms of catching up there. Their apparel part of the website has gotten a much cleaner, more modern look since the newer storefronts campaign began, so steps are happening. They need to get that energy in front of a lot more eyes, though, and they need to do the same with everything golf if they want to compete. It was very clear the Dynapwr hype train last year was mostly down to golf nuts who happened to have somewhat or well known channels getting the word out.

Their clothes look legit and their clubs are legit; now they need to get them in front of people's eyeballs, on their minds, and in their hands.

4 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Hoping the cash infusion will get them the eye of one or two up-and-comers. The current offerings are right there with anything else available, but bottom line is that a great player can play relatively well with a lot of modern equipment and it's hard to fault them for going after more lucrative contracts that guarantee retirement-level money over a single signing period. Given that Woodland jumped ship right after winning with the Staff Model Blades it's likely that the former management team just wasn't willing to spend what it took to keep someone peaking like that around. It takes money to make money, can't fight facts, and big names demand dollars. Also keep in mind that at the collegiate level even prior to the NIL changes you pretty much never saw Wilson clubs in the WITB posts. They just aren't on the minds of nearly as many golfers as they could be.

The NGF article was great, and it's awesome that Wilson is the number one brand in so many ways, but you don't see athletes wearing Wilson gear before & after games or on the sidelines, etc.; you see them wearing Nike, Adidas, UA, and whoever else. You see them wearing the same or known casual brands on their social media feeds outside of games. They have a lot of work to do in terms of catching up there. Their apparel part of the website has gotten a much cleaner, more modern look since the newer storefronts campaign began, so steps are happening. They need to get that energy in front of a lot more eyes, though, and they need to do the same with everything golf if they want to compete. It was very clear the Dynapwr hype train last year was mostly down to golf nuts who happened to have somewhat or well known channels getting the word out.

Their clothes look legit and their clubs are legit; now they need to get them in front of people's eyeballs, on their minds, and in their hands.

Woodland accomplished absolutely nothing after winning the open in 2019, no wins and a truckload of missed cuts. Not a lot of value in a player that misses the cut in almost 50% of the tournaments he plays in multiple seasons…he left Wilson in 2022, three years after winning at Pebble Beach. You don’t get a raise for just showing up…

w/KBS $-Taper 110

8 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

They're starting to do that with more social media people instead of pros. It's often easier cause they'll play anything free, often get more views and attention than some pros and it's low risk for brands as well. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 hours ago, 67VIP said:

Woodland accomplished absolutely nothing after winning the open in 2019, no wins and a truckload of missed cuts. Not a lot of value in a player that misses the cut in almost 50% of the tournaments he plays in multiple seasons…he left Wilson in 2022, three years after winning at Pebble Beach. You don’t get a raise for just showing up…

Aside from Padraig he was still the most successful player on their roster and the most well known. Also willing to bet he got a pay bump when he switched brands despite being just okay as his distance still carried him in terms of generating buzz when he played. You do get a raise just for showing up with most of the other brands because just being you advertises for them. Tommy Fleetwood continues to be just outside of playing at the level people expect, but he's well liked and a fan favorite so he still does good numbers for TM. Plenty of other examples like that. Woodland is still in the top 100 in world ranking, outdoing anyone in the current Wilson roster. Maybe great guys all around, but none of them are doing much more than showing up as you put it. 

Besides Harrington & Kisner I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on their crew who gets more than 10 minutes of tournament airtime a year. Besides those two you'd also be hard pressed to find anyone on the roster keeping any kind of social media buzz going. Paddy has an awesome YouTube and drives the ball like a madman and Kis keeps dropping quotables that make him a media darling. Losing Woodland was a blow to Wilson's relevancy on the public stage and all you have to do is look at their brand advisors page to see that. 

I will fully admit that given the emergence of the last and current sets of irons it seems the players they have understand equipment and likely do a great job of working with the rest of the team to produce world-class irons, but that alone does not sell clubs once they're made. As with brands like Mizuno, maybe the public faces of the brand are simply not a major concern to their business model. Still, it's a bit much to talk about Woodland just showing up when you compare him to anyone other than Harrington on the current staff. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, PedronNiall said:

Aside from Padraig he was still the most successful player on their roster and the most well known. Also willing to bet he got a pay bump when he switched brands despite being just okay as his distance still carried him in terms of generating buzz when he played. You do get a raise just for showing up with most of the other brands because just being you advertises for them. Tommy Fleetwood continues to be just outside of playing at the level people expect, but he's well liked and a fan favorite so he still does good numbers for TM. Plenty of other examples like that. Woodland is still in the top 100 in world ranking, outdoing anyone in the current Wilson roster. Maybe great guys all around, but none of them are doing much more than showing up as you put it. 

Besides Harrington & Kisner I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on their crew who gets more than 10 minutes of tournament airtime a year. Besides those two you'd also be hard pressed to find anyone on the roster keeping any kind of social media buzz going. Paddy has an awesome YouTube and drives the ball like a madman and Kis keeps dropping quotables that make him a media darling. Losing Woodland was a blow to Wilson's relevancy on the public stage and all you have to do is look at their brand advisors page to see that. 

I will fully admit that given the emergence of the last and current sets of irons it seems the players they have understand equipment and likely do a great job of working with the rest of the team to produce world-class irons, but that alone does not sell clubs once they're made. As with brands like Mizuno, maybe the public faces of the brand are simply not a major concern to their business model. Still, it's a bit much to talk about Woodland just showing up when you compare him to anyone other than Harrington on the current staff. 

My reply was about Woodland, nothing else. He wanted a ridiculous amount of money to stay with Wilson and they said no…end of story. I doubt anybody even noticed…He’s done nothing for Cobra, neither has anyone else for that matter lately. We can’t give their product away, either. 

Harrington continues to deliver year end year out. If they can sign some peeps (men, women, seniors) to play their irons that can consistently win that can lead to a broadening of product usage on tour. I can remember when Titleist was so arrogant they wouldn’t pay anyone a decent contract to play their equipment. Now they pay any goober $50k a year for the ball and $5k a week for a driver…hence “the number one ball in golf.” 

Wilson has 65 majors and MacGregor had 59…when Taylormade/Callaway/Titleist/Ping or Mizuno can get 25 majors in the bag with their irons, then maybe they can puff out there chest a little. Until then they’re just another mass market club for weekend hackers…

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110