Push Carts - Average age of owner?

46, just recently realized I can't walk 18 holes anymore carrying and still play decent so it's a push cart purchase for me once they go on sale.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56, total shoulder replacement, horrid back,and mcl in need of surgery, and a pin in my left wrist. Cliqgear 3.5 does trick now and for the foreseable futur. I'm playing , but still runnin for the advil.

Callaway Rogue Driver 
TEE E8 Beta 3W
Callaway Epic Hybrid 
PING i210 irons 4-gap recoil 780 F4 smacwrap
PING Glide 3.0 54*, 58* Glide 3.0 Eye 2
SeeMore MFGP Nashville Studio Series
Titleist ProV1x
All grips Golf Pride Tour Velvet plus 4

• 2 weeks later...

38, got the 3.5+ last year and it's been awesome. Just need to find the perfect bag now!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

49 but started when I was 45. Loved carrying but just felt too tired at the end, especially the back 9 on a hot day. I had a SM 3.5, which I loved but if it was going to be wet, it got tight fitting everything in there. I now use a Clicgear and a SM 130S and it was night and day the first time I used one. For the record I am in good shape and regularly train for and run 5k's.

• 3 weeks later...

33 - I said I was going to wait till 40, but after seeing the college guys and ams with them on tv my ego was ok with it. I'm glad I went with the cart. I'm fit enough to carry 36, but the cart with a 14 way bag just makes everything more organized and efficient. I have a ping traverse I believe on a click gear 3.5+. Great combo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 33 and going on my 3rd year of using a push cart. I told myself I would never convert to pushing until I was 40 but a bad back from a lifetime of sports was too much. I would be so stiff for days after playing golf and carrying that it was time to swallow my pride and buy a cart. Now it gives me the ability to still walk while I play but doesn't put the burden on my back like it did before. I'm seeing the age of push cart users being much younger these days around the courses.

I started pushing full time at the age of 42, but the eight years prior to that I lived in Ireland and carts were everywhere and for all ages. It seemed like I was the only bag toting guy around.

I will rarely carry now but I don't miss the carrying I must say, especially now that my Physio has confirmed what many have said - it is not a good form or exercise to carry, it is taking minuets away from your back health by carrying. She, the physio, has s great theory. Your back has only so many minutes available for use over a lifetime and using it for carrying golf bags (and other things like kids and suitcases) uses up those minutes in an accelerated manner.

I don't buy that at all. Back longevity has to do with genetics and exercise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

34 and bought a Qwik Fold 2.0 for $50 on Craig's List this summer. I still ride some, use the push cart some, and carry a 7-club short/walking set some. At my home course, for example, which is relatively up-and-down and has some long gaps from green-to-tee, it's actually as easy to walk with the short set as it is to push with a full set and cart bag. The back nine is actually harder to walk with the push cart and full set than carrying the short set because of some VERY long green-to-tee gaps. The BEST application I've found for the push cart is a relatively flat executive course where I can effortlessly walk 18 in about 2.5 hours with 5 or 6 driver holes.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

I'm 64 and bought a Bag Boy Quad last year and I absolutely love it.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Shortly after I started playing golf I got my first pull cart. Then they came out with the three-wheelers and I pretty quickly switched to Speed Carts. Now I use an electric trolley and feel like I'm on vacation every day with that thing, quite a luxury.

I will say I sometimes miss the simplicity of a pull cart (two wheeler) setup I had for several years back in the mid-90's. It was an old Mizuno-brand golf bag, the kind where the bag is basically a 10-inch diameter plastic tube with fabric covering in the outside an a three-way divider that was simply a piece at the top of the bag. No internal curtains or separators at all. Simply but clunky, intended as a cart bag I guess.

Here was the genius thing. Because it was a solid plastic tube I was able to drill holes and bolt the top and bottom onto my el-cheapo two-wheeler. The push cart would fold up with the bag still attached, clubs still in the bag. So I pulled the entire mess out of my trunk, swung the legs out and in five second flat I'm off to the first tee. At the end of the round, same thing. Just push down on the handle to make the legs fold and toss it all in the trunk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're located in the US, the Caddytek from Costco is a good deal at $130, but drops do $99 on occasion as well. I'll probably grab one to replace my Qwik Fold next time they're on sale, especially if I can get the green wheels.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I never really carried, as I have big issues with both knees (ski accident, soccer, tennis, etc). When I started playing golf 10 years ago I bought a pull cart, until I purchased my Clicgear 7 years ago (I was 38 at the time), and really like it, makes the rounds much easier. I always walk, and thanks to the push cart I have no issues to play even 36 holes. However I will purchase an electric trolley in the near future, as some of the courses I play are very hilly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

40, have had a click gear for 2 years, it's nice with all the accessories (insulated pouch to keep my drinks cold, seat for waiting on the next shot, umbrella holder to walk in the shade of the hot Texas sun).

My little ones want to start playing 8 & 5, we walked 9 holes last weekend and they loved it. Carrying a bag for my 5 year old is a bit much, so I bought a 2nd push cart today.

Sun Mountain Speed Cart GT. It's very much like the click gear, but in a way better. It folds and unfolds much easier/quicker. Has the option to add accessories like the click gear but the MAIN thing that I like better about it, is the upper bracket it holds/nests the legs of my stand bag.

I know I could get a nice cart bag and then there wouldn't be an issue but I like my Ping Hoofer, especially if we go the range or simple reasons like taking it in and out of the vehicle the stand is nice so my clubs don't fall over.

The Sun Mountain Speed GT also has a cool cell phone slot/tray with stretchy material to hold my cell phone in place. I think that's a nice feature as most people now use their cell phone as a distance/GPS app and/or play music.

When my kids don't go with me the Sun Mountain Speed Cart GT will probably replace my clic gear, it's just simpler.

I used to walk and carry my bag but like others have said, towards the end of my round my shoulders would get stiff or tired and I'd notice my swing going down hill. With a push cart my swing feels as good on hole #18 as it did on hole #1.

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am 35 years old and I just purchased a CaddyTek EZ Fold 3-wheel push golf trolly. Before purchasing the EZ Fold I was 50/50 on riding vs. walking. I prefer to walk but I make my decision depending on the course and/or the folks I am playing with that round. A little about me, I played competitive golf in high school and college (D3 NAIA) then I entered the real world where my profession could give two sh!ts about my desire to practice/play a hobby/sport. I play with a regular group of friends. I've been playing with them for about five years [now] and they all use push carts. All three of them have told me to consider the option but I shut them out. They're in their late 40's and early 50's so I am the young buck of the crew. I fought the urge for years based off of pure ego/stupidity. After decades of walking and carrying I decided that my health was more important than my ego. I purchased an EZ Fold push golf trolly and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality, value, and relief of stress on my back. Back fatigue is a real and I wish I had been more receptive earlier on...

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)