2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

Guys,

Please contribute to thread by "judging" a previous post prior to requesting same on your own so thread can continue in same manner.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Guys,

Please contribute to thread by "judging" a previous post prior to requesting same on your own so thread can continue in same manner.

Yup.

If I could "like" it more than once, I would

If I had Marshall permissions I'd delete those who don't do it

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

DRIVER: Taylormade M1 9.5 460cc Graphite Design GP-6S

3 WOOD: Callaway XR16 Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 8.3 Stiff

3/4 Hybrid: Callaway Apex Project X HZRDUS BLACK stiff

5-AW: Callaway Apex CF16 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Sand Wedge: Vokey SM6 54.10 V-Grind (USA Edition) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Lob Wedge: Vokey SM6 58.10 V-Grind (USA Edition) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: Ping Vault Voss (MIDSIZE PP58- NOT THE SUPERSTROKE LIKE GRIP) Standard L/L/L

You are a than serious golfer, has big box stuff, but the shafts and mix of TM and calmly woods based on your preferences discretely separate you from the Worse golfers with similar but not "same" clubs and selection. I especially like that you do not have acameron mixed in with this, seems like a go with what works kinda guy.

My bag is embarrassing to write down.....it has been this for a year and will be all next year except maybe driver. I have a comment on my own bag but will wait for a ripping before I add it.

Everything was bought used.

Ryoma maxima 9* with fire express shaft

Titliest 913f 15* 3 wood with AD MT 7s

roddio hybrid 21* with ad DI 85s shaft

Miura small blades 4-PW with Nippon 1150 tour s

Buchi 52 (bent to 50.5) and 56 with x100

Romaro 58 bent to 59.5 with s400

Golds factor answer style putter with perpendicular sight line on top line in addition to the center line.

Balls - pro v1 x outs bought at dicks on sale and with dicks $20off $100 coupon, bought 8 dozen for $160 with doubled up coupon and a lady at register that made it happen despite not being allowed to so why I got another 4. May last another season but I was pretty flagerant with them towards the end of last season and lost 2 dozen toward the end kinda fast.

There is a LOT to make fun of there, and I deserve it. .

My bag is embarrassing to write down.....it has been this for a year and will be all next year except maybe driver. I have a comment on my own bag but will wait for a ripping before I add it.

Golds factor answer style putter with perpendicular sight line on top line in addition to the center line.

Balls - pro v1 x outs bought at dicks on sale and with dicks $20off $100 coupon, bought 8 dozen for $160 with doubled up coupon and a lady at register that made it happen despite not being allowed to so why I got another 4. May last another season but I was pretty flagerant with them towards the end of last season and lost 2 dozen toward the end kinda fast.

Someone will do a good job with this set for sure. But that person is not me. I haven't heard of half the clubs you've mentioned! The best thing I can make fun of is what shows up on screen when googling "Buchi 52"! Oh My. Try it:) And lastly, what the heck are you playing ProV1 X-outs on coupon from Dicks Sporting goods with this exotic bag of clubs? Can't believe you even step foot in a big box store! LOL. At least go for Bridgstone or Volvic. Ok, Ok, this is really cool bag of clubs IMO.

Vapor FLY PRO 9.5 N Kuro Kage XT 70tx

913 FD Diamana B Series 80x (C3)

714 AP2 DG Tour Issue x100

Vokey SM4 50 DG x100, Callaway Mackdaddy PM Grind 60,56 (Bent to 55) DG Tour Issue s400

Nike Method 001

Solid iron/wedge player. Would be tempted by newer woods, but then thinks he is ok with the fairways he gets with the Nike and the 913. Planning to update the wedges for next season.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

You have a real discerning taste in equipment and believe that Japanese equipment is far superior than US equipment.

You love it when a golfer asks you about the Miura blades, sorta like a motorcyclist who loves it when people ask about his bike.

You once won a $5 Nassau against a Korean War Vet who went by the name of 'Speedy' and had a glass eye. He couldn't fork over the cash and he instead paid you off with a 7-week supply of tube socks.

You will pay for sticks, but not for balls.

You could talk about equipment all day long, which is a good thing.

Probably have a deft touch around the greens.

RH

Nothing I see there to make fun of myself-- Main thing is that you play what works for you-- and I will second everything Richie said to a tee!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Spot on with the driver and 3-wood comments. Unfortunately recently discovered a crack forming in the bottom 3-wood, so the search begins again. A little off on the age (I'm 29) and handicap (sitting at a 1 this winter), but I definitely hit the ball more like a 5 and save a few shots around the greens. Thanks for the guesses, jealous of the PXGs!

I was really conflicted about your age. I went on the high side because I thought there was a chance the "md" in your handle stood for medical doctor.

Here is mine again. It was overlooked since so many people aren't following the rules ...

Titleist 915D3 (9.5*) GD Tour AD BB 6S

Titleist 910F (15*) GD Tour AD DI 7S

Adams Tight Lies 2 (19*) GD Tour AD DI 7S

PXG 0311XF (3-4), 0311 (5-PW) KBS C-Taper (stiff)

Titleist Vokey SM5 M Grind (54*, 60*) KBS Wedge (stiff)

Edel McKenzie (34”)

I'm about to pull the trigger on the PXGs. They'll be replacing my TaylorMade Tour Preferred set (2008 version).

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

Spot on with the driver and 3-wood comments. Unfortunately recently discovered a crack forming in the bottom 3-wood, so the search begins again. A little off on the age (I'm 29) and handicap (sitting at a 1 this winter), but I definitely hit the ball more like a 5 and save a few shots around the greens. Thanks for the guesses, jealous of the PXGs!

I was really conflicted about your age. I went on the high side because I thought there was a chance the "md" in your handle stood for medical doctor.

Here is mine again. It was overlooked since so many people aren't following the rules ...

Titleist 915D3 (9.5*) GD Tour AD BB 6S

Titleist 910F (15*) GD Tour AD DI 7S

Adams Tight Lies 2 (19*) GD Tour AD DI 7S

PXG 0311XF (3-4), 0311 (5-PW) KBS C-Taper (stiff)

Titleist Vokey SM5 M Grind (54*, 60*) KBS Wedge (stiff)

Edel McKenzie (34”)

I'm about to pull the trigger on the PXGs. They'll be replacing my TaylorMade Tour Preferred set (2008 version).

You've got money since you have high end aftermarket shafts and the PXG irons. You are a big 'looks' guy, but like to keep it traditional as explained by your Titleist woods and Vokey SW.

The Edel putter tells me you had some alignment issues.

You spent 9 glorious months as a roadie for Captain and Tennille.

You're a pretty good driver of the ball and liked the Graphite Design, so you put those into your 3-wood and hybrid and the 3-wood is a little problematic for you, but better than it was.

The SM5's stay in your bag for now because the grooves are still good, but you wouldn't mind going to the SM6.

You'll occasionally slip out to the back tees and play better than you expect.

RH

You've got money since you have high end aftermarket shafts and the PXG irons. You are a big 'looks' guy, but like to keep it traditional as explained by your Titleist woods and Vokey SW.

The Edel putter tells me you had some alignment issues.

You spent 9 glorious months as a roadie for Captain and Tennille.

You're a pretty good driver of the ball and liked the Graphite Design, so you put those into your 3-wood and hybrid and the 3-wood is a little problematic for you, but better than it was.

The SM5's stay in your bag for now because the grooves are still good, but you wouldn't mind going to the SM6.

You'll occasionally slip out to the back tees and play better than you expect.

You're pretty good. I'm definitely in the "traditional looks" camp.

I seem to have mutually exclusive success with my driver and 3-wood. Right now it's with the 3-wood, and I'm actually considering trying the M2 despite my preference for traditional looks. I do love my wood shafts though (I have a 5-wood, not a hybrid).

I can't believe you called the last point ... I played the 7,000-yard tees on Saturday (I normally stay in the 6,400-6,700 range). I don't know why, considering it was 40 degrees, but the game wasn't THAT bad.

Who are Captain and Tennille?

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

Ok my turn

915D3 9.5 Tour AD-DI 6X

915F 15' set to B3 Tour AD-GT 6X

915H 21' set to B2 Diamana Blue

AP2 4i Tour AD 105X

Titleist 712 CB 5-9

Vokey 48, 52, 56, 60 S200

Scotty Newport 2 2015

Big Titleist fan, clearly.

This is a bag I don't want to see on the cart of my opponent in match play. The 712 irons and SM5 wedges says that you are hitting these clubs exactly how you want, otherwise you would have updated to the newest model.

With the Titleist woods, I am thinking you are not the longest player out of the group but you keep up without a problem. Hit a solid number of fairways, but have avoided the Taylormade bombers because Titleist will help keep you out of trouble.

Titleist TS3 9.5* - Tour AD-GP 7X

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* - UST VTS Black 8X

Adams Pro Mini 21* - SteelFiber 110X

Bridgestone Golf J40 CB (4-PW) - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Vokey SM8 50F - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 56 - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 60 - Tour Issue X100

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5

Here is my bag...

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 9.5* (B,1) - Graphite Design AD-TP 7X

3 Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* - Tensei Pro White Proto 80TX

Hybrid: Adams Super 9031 16* - Aerotech SteelFiber 110X

Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20* - Aerotech SteelFiber 110X

Irons: Mizuno MP-15 - Nippon Modus Tour 130X

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 52* / 56* - Nippon Modus 130, Vokey TVD 60 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5

Titleist TS3 9.5* - Tour AD-GP 7X

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* - UST VTS Black 8X

Adams Pro Mini 21* - SteelFiber 110X

Bridgestone Golf J40 CB (4-PW) - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Vokey SM8 50F - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 56 - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 60 - Tour Issue X100

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5

Richie, my nickname IS speedy!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!

I actually was going to say despite how grossly superficial my bag is on paper, I cycled through some stuff to end up with it and while

It reeks of pretention, I am truly a dig it out of the dirt guy and don't care if anyone asks about miuras (no one does) or what anyone including me plays.....but I am 100% guilty of being lucky enough to have a little extra toward gear and I do in general have an affinity for the uncommon, so finding jdm was like finding my golf jackpot. Is it all magic? No, not at all. Is a lot of it damn good and nice gear, yup, I am happy!

Here is my bag...

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 52* / 56* - Nippon Modus 130, Vokey TVD 60 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

I like this bag a lot. You are someone who has a specific feel and flight you want to see from the whole bag. Don't care how that comes about, but maybe I should say you are a feel player and if it looks right and feels good and does what you expect writhing reason of your swing, it is in the bag. Brands are sorta secondary, but you don't want brands you are not confident in.

Here is my bag...

This looks like the bag of a player. Hits it plenty far enough off the tee but has no problem taking less than driver to make sure and put it in play.

Doesn't say where the irons start, but I'm guessing with the five iron because the Adams Pro mini is the go to stick from a wide range of distances. Old Mr Reliable, the money club. I was going to say sub 5 handicap but then looked at the sig and saw it was a four.

I'll give mine a go again.

Driver: M2 with AD DI6 in stiff playing at just a touch over 44"

3Wood: Callaway 815 BB Alpha: Stock Speeder 665 in stiff

Hybrid: TM Rescue 18* (the old white one) with a stock Aldila RIP 65 in stiff

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Forged Pro 4-GW with Project X 6.0 Standard length, 1 degree flat

Wedges: TM R Series EF in 54* & 58*

Putter(s): Go back and forth between an Odyssey Works Versa V Line and a SC Select Newport 2 Dual Balance

Guess I need to update the signature. But anyway, have at it!

Here is my bag...

This looks like the bag of a player. Hits it plenty far enough off the tee but has no problem taking less than driver to make sure and put it in play.

Doesn't say where the irons start, but I'm guessing with the five iron because the Adams Pro mini is the go to stick from a wide range of distances. Old Mr Reliable, the money club. I was going to say sub 5 handicap but then looked at the sig and saw it was a four.

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Forged Pro 4-GW with Project X 6.0 Standard length, 1 degree flat

Putter(s): Go back and forth between an Odyssey Works Versa V Line and a SC Select Newport 2 Dual Balance

Your enjoyment of the game is about striking the ball more than most things else. Putting isn't something you absolutely hate, but you view it as a chore.

In particular you really love the driver, explains the M2 head and the specifics of the shaft.

You have often wondered why Aldo Nova didn't have larger mainstream success.

You probably don't really get fit, but you pay close attention to what shafts you use.

Probably a bit of a high ball hitter at times.

I'm guessing a 4 handicap.

RH

Ping G SF Tec Driver, 12-degree, Alta 55 R-flex shaft, small + hosel setting

Ping G30 7-wood, TFC SR-flex shaft, large - hosel setting

Ping G irons 5-U, yellow dot, AWT 2.0 R-flex shafts

Ping G30 S wedge, blue dot, CFS-R shaft

Ping G30 L wedge, blue dot, CFS-S shaft

Odyssey ProType Tour Series #3 35", bent to 79 degrees lie

Ping Chip-O

That's 13 clubs, including the Chip-O

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Ping Chip-O

You were a big fan of the ole Ping Eye 2's when they were considered the premier golf clubs in the biz and you have been a devout Ping loyalist ever since.

Given your affinity for the Ping Eye 2's, I would assume you are a senior golfer

You used to give Silent But Deadly farts at work and then leave the scene and everybody would think it was Bob in Accounting with a gastrointestinal problem.

Putting and short game isn't your strong suit. You used to like the Ping Anser and Anser 2 models, but the Odyssey feels better than what Ping can provide.

I'm assuming you're probably 6'3, maybe 6'4" tall on a good day.

RH

Ping Chip-O

So obvious from your clubs.

You despise music on the course and slow play. Just having fun. :)

Ping Chip-O

So obvious from your clubs.

You despise music on the course and slow play. Just having fun. :)

I have to admit, between this and Richie nailing me on the Silent But Deadly thing you guys have me dead to rights. Can't put anything over on GolfWRX, no sirree!

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Here is my bag...

Your enjoyment of the game is about striking the ball more than most things else. Putting isn't something you absolutely hate, but you view it as a chore.

In particular you really love the driver, explains the M2 head and the specifics of the shaft.

You have often wondered why Aldo Nova didn't have larger mainstream success.

You probably don't really get fit, but you pay close attention to what shafts you use.

Probably a bit of a high ball hitter at times.

I'm guessing a 4 handicap.

RH

Pretty darn good Richie!

Driver is favorite club, usually is pretty decent. Putter determines (most days) if the score is good or not. I'll rotate between those two (and several others at times) in hopes of catching one that's hot. Never a "real""fitting, but a pretty good idea of what works shaft wise. 3.8'handicap, somreally close there.

Love Fantasy by Aldo Nova.

Only thing off is the high ball flight, other than that, I'm impressed!

Baitbucket.

Krank F5 UST Tour.

Adams speed line 3 S Wasabi

XXII 5 wood

Wilson 2 iron

MP52. 3-pw. X100

Mizuno r12 54 and 60.

Ping b61 or the white hot depending on greens.

Costco Callaway or Ksig

Judging from the Krank driver and the wilson 2 iron theres a lot of bait in that bucket you can reach into when you need it.

Callaway 2015 GBB 9 Speeder 665 Evolution II

Callaway X2 Hot 15 3 Wood Kuro Kage Black 70

Callaway Steelhead XR 19 Hybrid Diamana D+ 82

Callaway Steelhead XR 4-PW KBS Tour V

Callaway Apex 2014 50 and 55 Tour V

Callaway MD2 PM Grind 64 bent to 62 KBS Tour V

Odyssey Works Versa 9 34 inch with SS 3.0

Sun Mountain Four 5 Stand Bag

Callaway Hex Chrome + Balls

Somebody let me have it

AI Smoke Max 9 Tensei Blue 65S

2023 BRNR 11.5 Proforce M40X 65S

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

2024 Apex Pro 4-PW DG Mid 115 S300

RTX Full Face 54 60, Full Face 2 64 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

LAB DF3 34 69 Press Pistol 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS

2-man scramble last Sunday. Our competitors looked like they bought their clubs/bags at a flea market on the way to the course(no headcovers)........One guy had blades from the 80's.......The other had some cavities I'd never heard of (which doesn't mean much)..... They didn't beat us, but -5 with that equipment was impressive....Never judge, EVER!!.......LOL