2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

Let's hear what you think, all of these clubs were bought from BST btw..

• Taylormade M1 2016 9.5* | Diamana S60 X-Flex
  • Taylormade M2 2016 3HL | HZRDUS Black 6.0
  • Mizuno MP63 3-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
  • Vokey SM5 50* M Grind w/ 11* Bounce
  • Vokey SM5 54* M Grind w/ 10* Bounce
  • Scratch 8620 milled 58* w/ 8* Bounce
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Red 34"

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

I'll venture a guess that you swing a lot harder at the driver than any other club.

X-flex shaft in a TM 9.5 driver along with DGS300 irons and a HL 3-wood is the reason for that conclusion...

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I'll venture a guess that you swing a lot harder at the driver than any other club.

X-flex shaft in a TM 9.5 driver along with DGS300 irons and a HL 3-wood is the reason for that conclusion...

That's definitely correct, bought the x-flex on a whim to try it and it's stayed in the bag ever since. I'm very aware of how unusual that is though haha

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

That's definitely correct, bought the x-flex on a whim to try it and it's stayed in the bag ever since. I'm very aware of how unusual that is though haha

I think it is far less unusual that you think! Great set up! This set of clubs will take you as far as you can go for sure. Which based on an 8 HCP, is either a toss up between your club's second division net/gross club champion title, or just another tournament where reality didn't quite live up to expectations yet again! LOL. I'm guessing a good selection of golf slacks are in your possession, and maybe even a TaylorMade staff bag? I bet you're very fun to golf with. Even more fun to hang out in the bar after a round with. I'd choose you over those stuffy 3 HCP crowd all day. Maybe there are older club members who think you talk too much, but screw them and their over the top rule following ways! My only advice, don't give advice to the juniors you get to golf with on occasion. Why? Because the fundamentals you live on (like short back/ long through on those short putts) is exactly the wrong advice for them. Let them be themselves, just like you prefer to be...

This is interesting..

Driver - Titleist 917 D3 9.5* /Diamana white D+ X-Stiff

3wood - Ping i3 13* w/Harrison Pro 1.8 X-Stiff

Irons 4-pw - Mizuno JPX-900 tour w/KBS C-Taper 130x

Wedges - Mizuno T7 52,58 w/KBS C-Taper 130x soft stepped

Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro-Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Well, I'll give this a shot...

At first glance your setup says great player. You are up to speed with current offerings and judging by the T7 selection, you have tried/demoed more offerings than the average hacker. The fact that your wedges carry the same shaft as your irons, but soft stepped, means you at least KNOW a lot about how golf is supposed to be approached with respect to equipment setup/fit. The i3 throws me off. On one hand, it says, "this guy wants his bag to look cool with an OG stick and no FWs or hybrids, so he probably isn't as good as his bag states he is" and on the other hand, it could mean, "this guy uses what works and likes the look/feel/performance of the i3 and struggles playing woods/hybrids (maybe issues launching consistently or hooking them?). I am going to guess you play very often and play to about a 3-5 HC.

Anywhere close?

pretty spot on, play to a 2 right now. Stayed with the i3 because it was so consistent and could put it anywhere I wanted. Looking at upgrading to a Callaway 3+ or Mizuno. Definitely getting a new Mizuno Fli-Hiwhen the are released.

I did the wedges the way I think they should be. After going through so many wedges when I was younger I learned the right way. I'm surprised to the day how many don't do the same. I play around 3-4 times a week.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

This is interesting..

Driver - Titleist 917 D3 9.5* /Diamana white D+ X-Stiff

3wood - Ping i3 13* w/Harrison Pro 1.8 X-Stiff

Irons 4-pw - Mizuno JPX-900 tour w/KBS C-Taper 130x

Wedges - Mizuno T7 52,58 w/KBS C-Taper 130x soft stepped

Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro-Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Well, I'll give this a shot...

At first glance your setup says great player. You are up to speed with current offerings and judging by the T7 selection, you have tried/demoed more offerings than the average hacker. The fact that your wedges carry the same shaft as your irons, but soft stepped, means you at least KNOW a lot about how golf is supposed to be approached with respect to equipment setup/fit. The i3 throws me off. On one hand, it says, "this guy wants his bag to look cool with an OG stick and no FWs or hybrids, so he probably isn't as good as his bag states he is" and on the other hand, it could mean, "this guy uses what works and likes the look/feel/performance of the i3 and struggles playing woods/hybrids (maybe issues launching consistently or hooking them?). I am going to guess you play very often and play to about a 3-5 HC.

Anywhere close?

pretty spot on, play to a 2 right now. Stayed with the i3 because it was so consistent and could put it anywhere I wanted. Looking at upgrading to a Callaway 3+ or Mizuno. Definitely getting a new Mizuno Fli-Hiwhen the are released.

I did the wedges the way I think they should be. After going through so many wedges when I was younger I learned the right way. I'm surprised to the day how many don't do the same. I play around 3-4 times a week.

Couldn't agree more on your wedge setup. And I'm excited about the new Fli Hi as well! I was shocked when I learned how good mine was and it's the 2009 (?) model.

This is pretty good...

My bag:

Callaway X2 Hot Driver

Cobra F6 Baffle

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid

Mizuno Pro-II Irons

Cobra Trusty Rusty Gap Wedge

Cleveland 588 forged sand and lob wedge

Odyssey Versa 2 Ball putter

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are supposed to comment on someone's post before you. Once you've passed your judgement on others, then someone will judge you, lol! I think this is the rule of the thread?

bervin - yes, thats the unwritten rule. that makes it fun, everyone having a go...

avago :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I look at the shaft

For example, every time I play with a guy who look flashy with a brand new Taylormade M2 with that stock Taylormade shaft I know the guy just got a lot of money to spend on clubs.

Most of the guys at my club who is around scratch to 5 handicap has some idea about shaft and stuff, you can see a huge range of high quality of shaft from Oban to Fujikura Speeder from guys at my club

Ok this looks fun so here is my bag:

2 year old black Ping hoofer

Ping G30 with tour 65 shaft with all black Iliac head cover

Callaway XR Pro 16* stock shaft with all black Iliac headcover

Ping G hybrid 19* tour shaft knit black headcover

Ping Crossover 4 steel fiber shaft

Ping I E 1 5-pw, uw DG S300

Ping glide 54* 60*

Odyssey O Works 2 Ball super stroke pistol

Grips: golf pride MCC

Ball: Bridgestone B330

Shoes: Nike LCV

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

Alright, per my sig:

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"

Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x

Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x

Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S

Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S

Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

What say all you judgmental folk?

I'm gonna go with you are a 2-4 hcp, you like the clubs that work for you hence the CG1's. Pretty good ball striker as well since the CG1's are about the size of a ball and a half maybe. Like me you still keep the "if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality" only changing wedges because they wear out. I'd say you are a traditionalist with the equipment but the TM driver is anything but that. Probably play 5 days a week including range time. You hit the ball long as well and know how to use your wedges since you only have two of them.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

Alright, per my sig:

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"

Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x

Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x

Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S

Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S

Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

What say all you judgmental folk?

I'm gonna go with you are a 2-4 hcp, you like the clubs that work for you hence the CG1's. Pretty good ball striker as well since the CG1's are about the size of a ball and a half maybe. Like me you still keep the "if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality" only changing wedges because they wear out. I'd say you are a traditionalist with the equipment but the TM driver is anything but that. Probably play 5 days a week including range time. You hit the ball long as well and know how to use your wedges since you only have two of them.

Good call! I used to be a competitive amateur and had to stop playing for several years. I play 1-2 times per week now with little to no practice time and I have a small, allotted golf-related budget that I do my best to adhere to. This formula produces a mixed bag of older, but effective (for me) clubs at value prices. I am getting ready to dive into iron replacements as I hope to start competing again in 2018 and I need conforming grooves. I am playing to about a 1 HC at the moment but without the practice time I hope to find more of very soon, I am still too inconsistent in my scoring. I played twice over the weekend and shot 69 - 78. I am definitely longer than average and have enough length to compete at a higher level once I start playing competitively again and putt well enough, too (though there's ALWAYS room for improvement in putting). The wedge game is where I lose strokes at times - I attribute much of this to lack of practice, obviously. There are times where I am 65 yards out, sitting middle of the fairway and I'll airmail the green by 5 yards. This almost NEVER happened when I played/practiced every day. But, I am only 25 this week so think I've got time to continue improving.

I look at the shaft

For example, every time I play with a guy who look flashy with a brand new Taylormade M2 with that stock Taylormade shaft I know the guy just got a lot of money to spend on clubs.

Most of the guys at my club who is around scratch to 5 handicap has some idea about shaft and stuff, you can see a huge range of high quality of shaft from Oban to Fujikura Speeder from guys at my club

WITB July 2017

• Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero (9 degrees set to 10, weight forward)
    Shaft: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 X flex
  • Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro Tour version (15 degrees)
    Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S
  • Irons: Srixon Zu45 20 degrees (3), Titleist 712u (4), Mizuno MP-25 (5), MP-5 (6-PW)
    Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95S (3), True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT (4-PW)
  • Wedges: Vokey SM5 (48-08 bent to 50 F Grind, 54-10 M Grind), Cleveland RTX 3.0 (60-09 V-MG)
    Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (48,54) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 (60)
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron M1
  • Grips: Golf PrideTour Velvet +1 wrap, Winn Blue Midsize Pistol (Putter)

Welcome to GolfWRX...and all the way from downunder in Sydney...where the women glow and the men plunder (its an ole Aussie song Men at Work).

Since you're from Sydney, I just happen to be in Melbourne so I decided to do your bag. For the US folks, that's "Melbourne, Victoria, Australia" not "Melbourne, Florida"....and the Aussie pronunciation is "Mel"..."Bern" ala Bern Baby Bern... :)

So while its raining cats and dogs outside here in Melbourne and we're in for the wet one this weekend - young WRXer Dave will be playing on a cloudy but sunny day.

He'll tee off on the Saturday Mens Club comp with his Epic SubZero with his Fuji. Dave reckon its the longest and straightest driver he has hit. Not too far off since I play that same driver head and another Fuji shaft. But you know who will really LUV you - those KOALAS that live on those gum trees lining the fairways.

"Oh" reports come in that the Koalas feel SO MUCH safer...they're all cheering (mouth full of gum leaves) & clapping as you bomb your Chrome Soft ball (I'll presume) right in the middle of the fairway. No more Koala ambulance calls.. :busted_cop:

However, sometimes those fairways are so tight, you have that Tour issue X2, its the ole trusty rusty go to club. Also useful for the long Par 5 metre-ed fairways. Absolute bomber.

Your long irons are very interesting, quite a mix of Srixon Zu45, Titleist 712u and that odd, MP-25 5 iron.... I think you game struggles here and you were searching. You try to bomb and gouge but it doesn't pay off but your best mid irons ain't long enough to reach in GIR so you'll have to pull one of these long clubs. I suspect you went through a number of hybrids, long driving irons to end up where you did. Or you are paying big time in the cap department in the 190-220 meter Par 3s at your club.

Distance wise you're average but you enjoy the AMT shafts and you LUV those Mizunos. I suspect you're very happy to show off to your foursome you ability to hit the MP-5 blades, small sweet spot but just as sweet looking. And you know who else is happy...

Ain't your wife or g/f... its those damn Koalas again....they now feel so safe, no more trigger events when you hit your second shot, as your ball is now landing on the greens and not up their tree.

Your choice of wedges seem to indicate you're not a digger, low bounces - but it could be because of the hard, bone dry fairways where you play. Thanks Aussie drought. Well, they would be fairly green now with all the rain this year and past.

The Scotty M1 is the latest addition to the bag, you just LUV Scottys, Best thing since slice bread and meat pies & tomato sauce. In the past you've struggled with the putting, probably a Newport but this M1 is DA BOMB. Well, until the next Scotty comes out and you're surfing eBay...

All up, you're probably about 30-40 in age, loves his golf and you're a legit 8.9. Aussie caps are different to US caps since they are earned though tournaments. I think you struggle with the long irons the most and need accuracy off the driver as well - saved by the Epic. You wedge game is solid and you are a player whos NOT aligned to any golf OEM brand... so you'll never, ever, ever post in those GolfWRX threads "So whos got the all Ping bag?" threads.

All up, nice bag, the local Koalas thank you for your new found accuracy and appreciate you didn't knock over another Tooheys beer they were enjoying up on the trees... ta

PRSHPCKoalaBeer.gif

ah...peace at last, peace at last :)

koala-picture-hires.jpg

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

First glance at my $3.50 Goodwill Maroon and Paisley Spaulding 3 slot bag and no one pays any attention....to the gems inside!

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

This is pretty good...

My bag:

Callaway X2 Hot Driver

Cobra F6 Baffle

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid

Mizuno Pro-II Irons

Cobra Trusty Rusty Gap Wedge

Cleveland 588 forged sand and lob wedge

Odyssey Versa 2 Ball putter

You sound lile a serious player but also a traditionalist. Your irons and wedges are old school cool, and your putter and driver have probably been in the bag a few years too. You obviously stick to clubs that work when you find them. I probably wouldn't play you for money based on that bag.

Driver: 2017 M1 with Kuro Kage Silver 60x

Hyrbid/Utility: T-MB 2i & 3i with Tour AD 95x

Irons: 714 AP2 with KBS 120x

Wedges: sm6 54° with KBS 610 wedge 125g(S+) and 58° with KBS 610 wedge 120g(S)

Putter: Dual Balance 6m Scotty

Titleist TS2 10.5° AD TP 6TX
Titleist 917 F2 16.5° Rogue Max 75X
Titleist 818 H2 19° Atmos Blue 85X
Titleist 714 AP2 KBS Tour X-Stiff
Vokey SM6 54° & 58° Tour Chrome
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M Dual Balance

I get a lot of questions about my clubs especially my driver because they are "off brand". It's usually from an older snob that hits his $400 Taylormade 200 yards.

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

This thread looks like a lot of fun, so why dont I throw my bag in the mix!

Bag: 2012 Adidas Lightweight 6 way stand bag

Driver: 910D3 w/ real Diamana Kai'li 70x

3 Wood: 915f w/ Diamana S+ 80x

Irons: Mizuno MP54 w/ PX 6.5

Wedges: Vokey SM5 w/ DG S400 (50F, 54F, 58K)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35/330

Ball: Srixon Zstar XV

*5 Wood: 913f w/ Diamana D+ 80x rotates with 3 iron in winter months or very long courses*

Guys, guys, guys - how about MAKING A GO at trying to read someone else's bag & posting it - before you post up your bag?

Give it a go, its a lot of fun especially if its creative & funny :)

Driver: M1 + Tour AD MT5 R1

3 Wood: M2 Tour + MJ6 S

3 Iron: 718 T-Mb + Tour AD 95 S

4 Iron: 718 T-Mb + DG TI X100

5-Pw: Miura CB 57 + DG TI X100

52 Akira Prototype 152

58 Akira Prototype 158

Putter: 009M Masterful Carbon

All I am going to say is JEALOUS! That 009M is a dream putter for me! But let me get to judging a little in this bag.

So I notice that you play Xstiff shafts in your shorter clubs but not necessarily in the longer ones, whicht means you are a guy with a pretty smooth tempo and high ball flight, but need your irons to fly a little bit lower in those high launch T-MB and Muira heads. With that being said, I would say you're somewhere in the 3-8 handicap range... You also like the flashy look of expensive shafts, but you are practical enough to get the ones that suit your game best; which to me is the mark of a better player. Judging by the 009M Scotty in carbon too that means you play in an area where you do not have to fight the elements very often. I am a sucker for the feel of my Circa 63 #3 in carbon but when the greens get wet in the winter, I do not like to be burdened by having to oil it down for maintenance. Since you have a carbon putter well into the thousands of dollars, that means you do not have to think to much about the finish wearing due to climate, so you're definitely a fair weather area person. Also, I would say you fall into the 30-40 year old window because those are some pretty heavy/stiff shafts, coupled with a pretty darn expensive putter, so you are not 20-something and tight on cash. :golfer:

This thread looks like a lot of fun, so why dont I throw my bag in the mix!

Bag: 2012 Adidas Lightweight 6 way stand bag

Driver: 910D3 w/ real Diamana Kai'li 70x

3 Wood: 915f w/ Diamana S+ 80x

Irons: Mizuno MP54 w/ PX 6.5

Wedges: Vokey SM5 w/ DG S400 (50F, 54F, 58K)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35/330

Ball: Srixon Zstar XV

*5 Wood: 913f w/ Diamana D+ 80x rotates with 3 iron in winter months or very long courses*

Your bag tells me you are good player with a high SS. You know what you like and don't tinker often. You might have been a club ho in the past but your game suffered so you went back to what you're comfortable with.

Sun Mountain LCB/Clicgear 3.5

Geek DCT 11.5* Enzo Zone 70

SMT 3390 16* Grafalloy Epic

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* Axe Xcaliber

Maltby HDI 21* S300 with Sensicore

Maltby DBM 5-GW S300 with Sensicore

Maltby TG 56* 60* S300 with Sensicore

Rife Island Aruba

B330s

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

Sun Mountain LCB/Clicgear 3.5

Geek DCT 11.5* Enzo Zone 70

SMT 3390 16* Grafalloy Epic

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* Axe Xcaliber

Maltby HDI 21* S300 with Sensicore

Maltby DBM 5-GW S300 with Sensicore

Maltby TG 56* 60* S300 with Sensicore

Rife Island Aruba

B330s

Buck the Man.

Rebel.

That is so you Pi5seeker :)

Lets start with your driver, a classic Geek DCT, super low spin driver by Steve Almo and that once trended as much as the Epic was now. But back then. I would even gather that you were probably a poster in golfdisccussions when that site was around.

Geek was hot, Geek was GOD back then. In the alternate, non OEM world :ninja:

The DCT is a very low spin head, designed for the long driver with the side channels BEFORE channels became trendy. Being a low spin, it is no wonder you need the 11.5* loft. Now, it just a pity you didn't match the Enzo shaft with the Gramman shaft...but that Gramman would make you the establishment of the "Anti Establishment" world. May be.

SMT 3390 fairway matches your thinking of the custom, self build clubs. SMT makes great heads and kinda surprised you do not have DCT 3hree in there instead but I suspect your tried that head and it was TOO MUCH head. You'd would luv to have that 3hree but your swing says "no, no, no" and your Golf Brain wins.

Now the irons - obviously you are a GolfWorks fan... when that Catalog day comes, you're like the kid on their first Christmas morning, Yah! Hallelujah! Christmas came early!!!!

You luv the KE4 with a nice Axe shaft. Pure GolfWorks here. Probably the best club in the bag. Next are the gorgeous DBM Forged irons in their black finish. But where is the Rebel here? Surely not the S300 shafts, why not shaft the DBMs with say, the AXE Tour graphite shafts? No?

Finishing your irons with the Maltby TG wedges cannot go wrong. You are obviously not fussed about Taylormade's drill thru bore wedges, or the latest ubber $$$$ James Patrick wedges...a wedge is a wedge to you and since you built these wedges, you OWN IT outright and the TG is $$$ to you, money well spent.

Now, the Rife is the oddity in the bag. Why not a Maltby putter? Or perhaps it's the Tropical finish Aruba here. But no. I think its the gray one, you're not a bling golfer, I think the Aruba suits your eye quite nicely and you probably picked it up for a steal.

So what kind of a player are you? Someone that spends his time building his own clubs must know something about HIS golf swing and club building. I will think you probably drive the ball about 255-265, good iron player to handle the DBM so I would say your handicap is about an 8-10, probably aged 50ish. You've been tinkering around golf for a while.

Your bag also reflects your values in real life. A no-nonsense, no frill person, tight with money, very astute about when you spend on. Your would probably prefer to play the twilight rates than the full on day rate.

Now, does this make you...

juventude-transviada-1.jpg

?

Driver: 2017 M1 with Kuro Kage Silver 60x

Hyrbid/Utility: T-MB 2i & 3i with Tour AD 95x

Irons: 714 AP2 with KBS 120x

Wedges: sm6 54° with KBS 610 wedge 125g(S+) and 58° with KBS 610 wedge 120g(S)

Putter: Dual Balance 6m Scotty

Since your bag is so similar to mine, I think I probably have a different perspective than the average person you're going to play with.

My assumption, based on the only head covers in your bag being for a driver and a scotty, that you're long off the tee, rendering a 3w useless on most courses. Also, you're likely a good ball striker, because if you weren't, that 2 iron T-mb wouldn't be much good either.

Your driver is likely the result of a fitting,and you're not a total Titleist loyalist to the point that you'll sacrifice performance for the brand...

Wedges: This is where I get thrown off... You've only got 13 clubs in the bag by my count... unless you have an extra AP2 gap wedge of some kind. Also, someone long enough to not carry a 3w generally needs a 50-52 degree on shorter par 4s and long par 5 layups.

Putter- you're a straight back straight through guy.

My guess: 7.5 cap

Driver: M1 + Tour AD MT5 R1

3 Wood: M2 Tour + MJ6 S

3 Iron: 718 T-Mb + Tour AD 95 S

4 Iron: 718 T-Mb + DG TI X100

5-Pw: Miura CB 57 + DG TI X100

52 Akira Prototype 152

58 Akira Prototype 158

Putter: 009M Masterful Carbon

I haven't played for a while so I'll take a stab at this one......to me that's the bag of a club ho! Likes high end equipment

You most likely chop and change drivers and 3 woods regularly, keeping up to date with the latest trends and maybe sticking for a season at most

Not a hybrid fan but either don't like the harshness of a traditional long iron and require the added distance for gapping. possibly a new addition to the bag given they're 718s

Iron wise you like a soft forging with minimal offset suggesting a lower cap player who enjoys a classic look but some level of forgiveness not offered by a pure blade. Possibly due to not having the time to practice regularly?

Wedges scream class, high end Japanese forgings....probably good round the green considering the putter choice too.

Not the putter of a high capper and again it's an expensive piece, statement on the green essentially

Would guess 5-9 cap?

Mine is a bit different

Gamer driver - Nike VR Pro 8.5 with a 1/4" tipped Bi-Matrix X

Backups;

FT9 TA TP 9.5* - BiMatrix X in neon pink

Nike Vr Pro Ltd 9.5* - Aldila NV 95X

15* 3 wood;

TEE CB2 - DG X100

Irons - 2-3 MP37's - X100'a

Irons - 4-PW MP68's - X100's

Wedges - Scratch 53* & 58* S400

Putter - Byron Morgan 006