2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

It is getting out of control with fans yelling stuff after players hit! (merged)

Eec55

[quote name='TheGoo34' timestamp='1375927114' post='7628746']
Haha, this thread is pretty funny. I'm a SPC not a Captain, I work for a living. But if I went to a tournament I might not be as obnoxious as those mashed potatoes guys (not saying I don't find it funny) but I would say "nice shot", "good ball", and on a bombed drive I might get excited and yell a mashed potatoe type comment like "Night Night Ball!".

And I would laugh at someone attempting to punch me because I've been hit by worse.

And Pat_Irish: I played serious last Sunday and shot a 74. I was the second tee time and played through the 4some ahead by the second hole. I play a lot more serious by myself because no one can distract me and that's when I play my best. When I play with my buddy or around the same skill level as I, we joke around and end up not playing our best. I understand that people hit bad shots and play another ball, which realistically takes 15 seconds or so, so it doesn't hold up play much if at all. So if you're that guy that is trying to shoot his best round ever on a weekend at a local muni course, be the first, second, or third tee time that way you don't have to "deal" with those guys. It's not hard, so why get all sorts of pissed off because of slow play when you have noon tee time? Don't b**** about something that you can have an effect on like playing earlier...But that's neither here nor there becasue we are talking about people yelling after a shot.
[/quote]
Its obvious we play a different game,and have different standards, " golfers" who want to goof around and have fun really should go to one of those crazy/mini golf places, you are unlikely to spoil somebodys else,s game, and you might have real fun ( there is loads of 3 year olds there ) The problem goes right down the "chain" goof around when your playing hooping and hollering and when you go to an event, it follows you. Its normal it seems, Ask yourself why G-MAC called the guy who called out a "wanker", The problem seems to be exclusive for the PGA tour, although I did hear a few calls when a certain player was hitting during the Open, maybe they are now traveling .

Pat

PS how can you play serious golf on your own, serious golf is playing a guy for $100 when you only have $50 :)

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say if an idiot got punched at a tournament for yelling, the whole crowd would jump in. No one likes a rude idiot, especially in golf. Go to a boxing match if you want to yell or wait for the one tournament and one hole per year where it is encouraged. If this is the direction the game is growing, then maybe it needs to stop growing. What would Palmer say if he were still playing and you yelled at him??

[quote name='TheGoo34' timestamp='1375938883' post='7629904']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1375927951' post='7628856']
I play a lot more serious by myself because [b]no one can distract me[/b] and that's when I play my best.
[/quote]

so, professional golfers don't deserve the level of seriousness that you afford yourself? would the *potential* of some mental midget yelling out something after you hit a shot not be distracting? truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
[/quote]

Clearly you didn't read my other posts, so instead of nit picking one post do your due diligence and read all my posts. I said I would love to have someone following my round and yelling mashed potatoes after my drives that I bomb down the fairway. That isn't distracting to me at all because it's AFTER my swing. They don't say anything while the players are in their pre shot routines and even walking up to the damn ball. You guys think they are being loud during their routines, backstrokes, walking up to the ball on the fairway, putting, pooping, peeing, drinking and sleeping. They say it for less than 4 seconds after the shot happens. Truly you have a dizzying intellect to where you can't comprehend much of anything.

And to the guy who said stop half way down on your down stroke, Tiger does this often and wouldn't you know?! No one yells ANYTHING because they WAIT until the BALL HAS MOVED OFF THE CLUB FACE. They don't yell anything during the players stroke! They have courtesy and respect for the players game more so than any of you want to admit to these loud mouths... Them saying Mashedbabooey is no different than a person yelling GET IN THE HOLE on a putt. Both types of people are louder than the rest...
[/quote]

you must bench press a lot. good day to you, sir.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='cardia10' timestamp='1375963824' post='7630548']
I would say if an idiot got punched at a tournament for yelling, the whole crowd would jump in. No one likes a rude idiot, especially in golf. Go to a boxing match if you want to yell or wait for the one tournament and one hole per year where it is encouraged. If this is the direction the game is growing, then maybe it needs to stop growing. What would Palmer say if he were still playing and you yelled at him??
[/quote]
He would say "While we're young."

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='cinnepa' timestamp='1375957493' post='7630338']
for those who think it's no big deal i say put yourself in the players shoes who hear it nearly every hole, every round they play........see if it gets annoying after a while.
[/quote]

I would be more than happy to "endure" the yelling after every shot if I were good enough to have galleries following me and getting paid like these guys do. I'd switch with any one of them right now. That yelling moron helps write the checks.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

Them saying Mashedbabooey is no different than a person yelling GET IN THE HOLE on a putt. Both types of people are louder than the rest...
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree. "GET IN THE HOLE" at least has some semblance to the main objective of the game. What does Mashed Babooey have to do with anything regarding the game of golf? Do you go to a NASCAR race and yell at Jimmie Johnson to get the first down? Do you yell at Aaron Rodgers to Eat Mor Chikin? That just seems outlandish to me.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1375810198' post='7616952']
if i may generalize a bit:

we here on golfwrx often preach about personal responsibility. it's in our nature, as golfers. we call penalties on ourselves. we write down the correct scores. we fix our own ballmark, and a couple more. we play by the rules as best we can.

this THING that is so utterly obnoxious violates everything we believe about golf and about respect. it's not a rules violation: it's a life violation. we can stop this idiocy, if we each make it our personal responsibility to DO something about it. maybe it's not cursing at the mindless orcs who are yelling 'get in the hole!' on a par 5 tee shot (though that will be my preferred method of response). but do something. if you can't get to a rules official or person of authority, complain to the person standing next to you. and tell him to complain to the person next to him. write an email to the pga tour, the sponsors and the tournament organizers. take action.

i know i will at congressional next year.

we can make it STOP. now, WHO'S WITH ME?

FORTH EORLINGAS!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwsKRpKS_M[/media]
[/quote]

TO THE KING!!!!!!

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

What is a suprise is the number of people on this site who have no respect for the ethos or tradition of the game, Think of the stupidity of Guys roaring after a shot has been hit, That said same shot heading away right or left, standing there with something stupid coming out of your mouth, not even looking if it was a good shot or bad shot, and some people actually think its funny, its funny alright, funny how dumb these people are and really should not even be allowed in a golf store not alone a golf course

[quote name='djmohab2' timestamp='1375972837' post='7631708']
Them saying Mashedbabooey is no different than a person yelling GET IN THE HOLE on a putt. Both types of people are louder than the rest...
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree. "GET IN THE HOLE" at least has some semblance to the main objective of the game. What does Mashed Babooey have to do with anything regarding the game of golf? Do you go to a NASCAR race and yell at Jimmie Johnson to get the first down? Do you yell at Aaron Rodgers to Eat Mor Chikin? That just seems outlandish to me.
[/quote]
I agree get in the hole is something to do with golf, problem is if you are in the park tomorrow with your kids and there is a guy there shouting at a golf ball that is 20 yards away..will you let your kids play there or move on to a differrent area ? its most likely somebody calls the Police to have the Guy taken away and see,s that he gets help, lets face it at the end of the day. people talking to and shouting at golf balls, have a screw missing somewhere and really should be locked up for their own safety

apparently to those finding the yelling funny anyone who has enough common sense to not yell random things out after shots lives boring lives, are uptight, can't find the joy in life, have a horrible sense of humor, needs to live a little, find time to laugh, smile more, on and on and on.

my perspective is that i don't need the attention and flat out don't want to come across as a tool. its not really so much as repect for the game, its just that i am smart enough to realize that 99% of people don't find it funny. next time you yell something out, take a look at the crowds reaction. might actually give you a clue as to how funny it really is. i have enough self control to watch a tee shot without feeling the need to let everyone know i'm there. i've never sensed the need to be 'that guy'.

apparently there are going to forever be the handful of people who think being the db in the crowd equates to a great sense of humor and not being uptight. the majority will continue to keep quiet on the course after shots as they don't have the need to act like a fool to convince themselves they are having a good time. the actual listening to the yelling whether in person or on tv is probably less annoying than listening to the ones that yell try to convince themselves that others find it funny.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

First timer here. About 15+ years ago I was at the GGO (used to love that tournament!)... probably 19-20 years old. It was a late Friday and Peter Jacobsen was teeing off on no 18 and was way over the cut line.

The gallery was a decent size (for the GGO) and PJ was ready to get the hell home, he was not having a good day. I, being the drunken idiot, screamed "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" right after his tee shot.

The crowd- and PJ- turned to look at what kinda fool would scream so loud. Being a kid, I giggled and thought it was cool.

Now I look back and cringe.

I was once [i]that[/i] guy.

Now I'm much older (and fatter) and I see grown men acting like fools and I shake my head.

[quote name='BIPSIC' timestamp='1375983209' post='7633404']
First timer here. About 15+ years ago I was at the GGO (used to love that tournament!)... probably 19-20 years old. It was a late Friday and Peter Jacobsen was teeing off on no 18 and was way over the cut line.

The gallery was a decent size (for the GGO) and PJ was ready to get the hell home, he was not having a good day. I, being the drunken idiot, screamed "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" right after his tee shot.

The crowd- and PJ- turned to look at what kinda fool would scream so loud. Being a kid, I giggled and thought it was cool.

Now I look back and cringe.

I was once [i]that[/i] guy.

Now I'm much older (and fatter) and I see grown men acting like fools and I shake my head.
[/quote]
I look back at the indiscretions of my youth and, being older and wiser, I can't help but think:
"I would gladly sacrifice my wisdom to get back into that fighting shape."

I'm sorry you got fatter.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

Tough croud here. I guess if you find something humorous that many other don't, I need to be locked up for my own safety. I'm sure everyone here should be locked up then right? We all yell at our balls in flight, "get down", "sit", "run" are all phrases and words we say to our balls. But I guess we should all be locked up becasue we do that. What does mashed potatoes mean? Oh idk maybe it means that the player just crushed his drive... Baba Booey? Hell even idk what it means, but it's funny when someone yells it after a shot. If it's after EVERY shot from the same player, yea it gets old, but a random one or two time thing not back to back I find it pretty funny.

Those of you with "superior sense of humors" should follow random drunk hackers on your local dumpy muni course while shouting "mashed potatoes" or other random nonsense and let us know what the result is.

I'm not sure about other state statutes, but in Texas it could fall under Disorderly Conduct considering the db level of the shouting. I highlighted the areas addressing the possible charge. Not sure a judge would take it, but then again a lot of judges are aging golfers that don't generally understand the youth and ignorance that goes with it.

[b]Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:[/b]
[b](1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;[/b]
(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
(4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
[b](5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;[/b]
(6) fights with another in a public place;
(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
(9) discharges a firearm on or across a public road;
(10) exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act; or
(11) for a lewd or unlawful purpose:
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;
(B) while on the premises of a hotel or comparable establishment, looks into a guest room not the person's own through a window or other opening in the room; or
© while on the premises of a public place, looks into an area such as a restroom or shower stall or changing or dressing room that is designed to provide privacy to a person using the area.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(4) that the actor had significant provocation for his abusive or threatening conduct.
© For purposes of this section:
(1) an act is deemed to occur in a public place or near a private residence if it produces its offensive or proscribed consequences in the public place or near a private residence; and
(2) [b] a noise is presumed to be unreasonable if the noise exceeds a decibel level of 85 after the person making the noise receives notice from a magistrate or peace officer that the noise is a public nuisance.[/b]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

A. Things shouting "Mashed Potatoes (Bababooey, etc.) at a golf tournament is [b][i]not[/i][/b] about:[list=1]
[*]A good shot;
[*]Excitement for the player hitting the shot;
[*]Humor;
[*]Having a good time;
[*]Expressing a love of the game;
[*]Everything else, except those reasons listed in Subsection B below
[/list]
B. Things shouting "Mashed Potatoes (Bababooey, etc.) [b][i]is[/i][/b] about:[list=1]
[*]Getting attention.
[/list]

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1375995733' post='7635126']
Those of you with "superior sense of humors" should follow random drunk hackers on your local dumpy muni course while shouting "mashed potatoes" or other random nonsense and let us know what the result is.

I'm not sure about other state statutes, but in Texas it could fall under Disorderly Conduct considering the db level of the shouting. I highlighted the areas addressing the possible charge. Not sure a judge would take it, but then again a lot of judges are aging golfers that don't generally understand the youth and ignorance that goes with it.

[b]Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:[/b]
[b](1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;[/b]
(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
(4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
[b](5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;[/b]
(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
(10) exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act; or
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;
(B) while on the premises of a hotel or comparable establishment, looks into a guest room not the person's own through a window or other opening in the room; or
© while on the premises of a public place, looks into an area such as a restroom or shower stall or changing or dressing room that is designed to provide privacy to a person using the area.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(4) that the actor had significant provocation for his abusive or threatening conduct.
(1) an act is deemed to occur in a public place or near a private residence if it produces its offensive or proscribed consequences in the public place or near a private residence; and
(2) [b] a noise is presumed to be unreasonable if the noise exceeds a decibel level of 85 after the person making the noise receives notice from a magistrate or peace officer that the noise is a public nuisance.[/b]
[/quote]
What do private people playing a private round have to do with a public sporting event?
People don't do the wave at a pick up touch football game. There's no T-shirt cannon shooting things out on a blacktop basketball court.
This comparison is stupid it has nothing to do with anything.

[quote name='TheGoo34' timestamp='1375992909' post='7634798']
Tough croud here. I guess if you find something humorous that many other don't, I need to be locked up for my own safety. I'm sure everyone here should be locked up then right? We all yell at our balls in flight, "get down", "sit", "run" are all phrases and words we say to our balls. But I guess we should all be locked up becasue we do that. What does mashed potatoes mean? Oh idk maybe it means that the player just crushed his drive... Baba Booey? Hell even idk what it means, but it's funny when someone yells it after a shot. If it's after EVERY shot from the same player, yea it gets old, but a random one or two time thing not back to back I find it pretty funny.
[/quote]

Eesh. It's not a quantity thing that determines whether the large majority of us find it funny or not. It is simply the yelling of members of the galleries after any shot.
It is not funny. It is not clever. It is not silly. It is obnoxious. It is annoying.

You argument is akin to saying, well sure it is not funny to punch my mates in the d1ck every time I see them, but it sure is funny to do it once or twice a month. The act is funny or it isn't. Trying to mitigate your joy for all things 'babba-booey' based on frequency does not make a difference.

Also trying to associate someone telling their ball to turn or to stop with buffoons yelling nonsensical words after someone else hits their shot is like comparing apples & fisheads. If you genuinely see a connection between the two, you are most definitely a lost cause when it comes to this topic.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='TakeDeadAim' timestamp='1371575815' post='7273482']
[quote name='JWells' timestamp='1371575565' post='7273424']
[quote name='TakeDeadAim' timestamp='1371575097' post='7273328']
[quote name='JWells' timestamp='1371574783' post='7273254']
Watchin the Euro tour makes our fans look like morons
[/quote]

Do they shout calculus equations or expound on the nature of the universe after a player hits?
[/quote]

They golf clap
[/quote]

It's hard to imagine one of them yelling, "Fish and Chips!" after a shot.
[/quote]

Is that a comparison? Is mashed potatoes seen as a national dish?

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini[/font][/size]

[/quote]
Shouting after your own ball, when its not exactly as you meant it,,like go or sit down is one thing,,,would you really shout mashed potatoes, or some other stupid thing?,,Now shouting after somebodys else ball each time they hit a shot,,Men in white coats should come to collect you, because really you are a danger to yourself, and anyway talking to a ball is a waste of time, they never listen , not sure you know that

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' timestamp='1375996333' post='7635202']
A. Things shouting "Mashed Potatoes (Bababooey, etc.) at a golf tournament is [b][i]not[/i][/b] about:[list=1]
[*]A good shot;
[*]Humor;
[*]Having a good time;
[/list]
B. Things shouting "Mashed Potatoes (Bababooey, etc.) [b][i]is[/i][/b] about:[list=1]
[*]Getting attention.
[/list]
[/quote]

Amen. Its hard to believe in today's society where people don't feel the need to tweet about their latest bowel movement that there are some people looking for attention.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1375996546' post='7635236']
[/quote]

Eesh. It's not a quantity thing that determines whether the large majority of us find it funny or not. It is simply the yelling of members of the galleries after any shot.
It is not funny. It is not clever. It is not silly. It is obnoxious. It is annoying.

You argument is akin to saying, well sure it is not funny to punch my mates in the d1ck every time I see them, but it sure is funny to do it once or twice a month. The act is funny or it isn't. Trying to mitigate your joy for all things 'babba-booey' based on frequency does not make a difference.

Also trying to associate someone telling their ball to turn or to stop with buffoons yelling nonsensical words after someone else hits their shot is like comparing apples & fisheads. If you genuinely see a connection between the two, you are most definitely a lost cause when it comes to this topic.
[/quote]

Again, your reading skills are suffering too. Please read a few posts above my last post. Pat_Irish was saying that people that yell at their ball should be placed in jail, so in fact he should be placed in jail himself. Because I'm sure at some point in his golf career he has told his ball to sit down or be right.

And a random dick punch IS funny the first or second time because the act IS funny (although a dick move to do it), but if two people just do it back and forth and then sack tap the guy not in the joke then it just loses its funny nature. Just like shouting mashed potatoes after EVERY shot like I said. But the once in a while random "MASHED POTATOES" IS infact funny. Everyone that I have talked to thinks it's pretty funny when I show them videos on youtube of random gallery outbursts at tournaments. I think you guys just need to get off your high horse. The commentators even laugh a few times when they hear those guys.

They might be yelling it for attention, but at the same time, the guy that yells get in the hole on a putt would be just as annoying according to you guys right? He's just trying to get attention and being "obnoxious". Same with the guys that say nice shot loud enough to hear through the t.v are being obnoxious too right? Striving for attention too right? Just because it's a different word that's not accustomed to being heard about golf makes it annoying and completely immature? Got it, go to a golf tournament and don't clap, don't congradulate, don't get the players excited, don't motivate the players and that's how you are supposed to act as part of a gallery. These guys (players) feed off the attention they get and all the roars from the crowd. I'm some players like hearing the random words after a bombed drive. I know I would have loved someone to yell s*** after I hit my drive on 17 last Sunday.

[quote name='TheGoo34' timestamp='1376007731' post='7636304']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Again, your reading skills are suffering too. Please read a few posts above my last post. Pat_Irish was saying that people that yell at their ball should be placed in jail, so in fact he should be placed in jail himself. Because I'm sure at some point in his golf career he has told his ball to sit down or be right.

And a random dick punch IS funny the first or second time because the act IS funny (although a dick move to do it), but if two people just do it back and forth and then sack tap the guy not in the joke then it just loses its funny nature. Just like shouting mashed potatoes after EVERY shot like I said. But the once in a while random "MASHED POTATOES" IS infact funny. Everyone that I have talked to thinks it's pretty funny when I show them videos on youtube of random gallery outbursts at tournaments. I think you guys just need to get off your high horse. The commentators even laugh a few times when they hear those guys.

They might be yelling it for attention, but at the same time, the guy that yells get in the hole on a putt would be just as annoying according to you guys right? He's just trying to get attention and being "obnoxious". Same with the guys that say nice shot loud enough to hear through the t.v are being obnoxious too right? Striving for attention too right? Just because it's a different word that's not accustomed to being heard about golf makes it annoying and completely immature? Got it, go to a golf tournament and don't clap, don't congradulate, don't get the players excited, don't motivate the players and that's how you are supposed to act as part of a gallery. These guys (players) feed off the attention they get and all the roars from the crowd. I'm some players like hearing the random words after a bombed drive. I know I would have loved someone to yell s*** after I hit my drive on 17 last Sunday.
[/quote]
Did I really say anyone should be placed in Jail ? ,cant seem to find that because if I did I did not mean it that way, but I cant find it, Now as you refer to Peoples reading skills please show me where i said that To be honest I think the Guys who are shouting out this crap ( you never hear a womens voice) should be taken to the "Funny Farm" for help. Its "One flew over the Cuckoo,s nest " time

[quote name='TheGoo34' timestamp='1376007731' post='7636304']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]And a random dick punch IS funny the first or second time because the act IS funny (although a dick move to do it), but if two people just do it back and forth and then sack tap the guy not in the joke then it just loses its funny nature. Just like shouting mashed potatoes after EVERY shot like I said. But the once in a while random "MASHED POTATOES" IS infact funny. Everyone that I have talked to thinks it's pretty funny when I show them videos on youtube of random gallery outbursts at tournaments. I think you guys just need to get off your high horse. The commentators even laugh a few times when they hear those guys.[/b]

[/quote]

I always wondered what it is like in Alaska!

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' timestamp='1375996333' post='7635202']
[*]A good shot;
[*]Humor;
[*]Having a good time;
[/list]
[*]Getting attention.
[/list]
[/quote]

Agreed, there is an element in society which wants/needs attention with no regard for others.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1375996497' post='7635226']

[/quote]
What do private people playing a private round have to do with a public sporting event?
People don't do the wave at a pick up touch football game. There's no T-shirt cannon shooting things out on a blacktop basketball court.
[/quote]

FYI, I was referencing state statute for the PGA Tour events!!!!!!! I think you have no understanding of the disorderly conduct statute and your reading comprehension is flawed. Let me put it in terms you'd understand.

Picture your trailer park. Now imagine the dude that lives in the trailer to the East of your double wide constantly shouting "b****, where's my mashed potatoes?". If that shouting is a nuisance to you and you call the police, the police will make contact and advise your neighbor to keep it down. If at that point he does not, he can be cited for disorderly conduct.

Do you understand now?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1376051331' post='7639024']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1375996497' post='7635226']

[/quote]
[/quote]

FYI, I was referencing state statute for the PGA Tour events!!!!!!! I think you have no understanding of the disorderly conduct statute and your reading comprehension is flawed. Let me put it in terms you'd understand.

Picture your trailer park. Now imagine the dude that lives in the trailer to the East of your double wide constantly shouting "b****, where's my mashed potatoes?". If that shouting is a nuisance to you and you call the police, the police will make contact and advise your neighbor to keep it down. If at that point he does not, he can be cited for disorderly conduct.

Do you understand now?
[/quote]
There's a "state statute for the PGA Tour events?"
Wow. The ignorant trailer park part was worth it, if it produced a claim that pro golf has its own laws in Texas.