Anyone else disappointed in the SLDR? - OP REVIEW ON PG 14 9/13/13

DaBigSaus

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1376058932' post='7639952']
[quote name='jabroni23' timestamp='1375982429' post='7633232']
[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1375976614' post='7632260']
Love this thread. Learned some things today. The Black R1 is different than the White R1 in design/purpose but also color. Learned that some golfers aren't satisfied with 250 carry and 50 yard roll AND that the two combined equal 300. We learned how some people don't like the club, some people like the club, and some people don't find it any better or worse than their current. I guess I don't know if I'm a high spinner or low spinner, though. Some days I hit my driver straight and long and other days I fade or draw on occasion. My longest drives ever are with a Bridgestone J33R but I have to be really on my game. I've never found anything much better than a few drivers I own but I still want to buy new ones every other day.
[/quote]

Exactly...."[color=#282828]Carry 250, roll another 50 = 300. Not my kind of golf"[/color]....Not my kind of golf either. My kind of golf is 20-30 yards less roll. Sounds like a good problem to have.
[/quote]

It's not a good problem to have. Super low spin with no carry is a hard ball to control. Most of the courses I play don't allow for that.

Typical GolfWRX guys are always looking lower spin. The problem is controlling ballflight You can't control a ball that is launching with 1300-1600 revs. It's going somewhere quick. You can't place your ball out there.
[/quote]

S2S,

I have to ask this? If you are carrying a ball 250 with no spin then you should be carrying about 275 with spin? So your SS is about 108-112?
You said above that typical people on WRX are looking to reduce spin....I take that as most high speed player create a whole lot of spin and need less spin in order to maximize distance with good spin numbers and angle of desent.

If I am close to my estimates, then can it be that your a low spin, high speed player?.very rare I must add.

I understand the 250-50 issue, as any fairway that is not dead straight, you roll out into the rough and or into trouble area's on slight dog legs.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375982289' post='7633206']
[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1375977083' post='7632358']
[quote name='Ti-Cip ' timestamp='1375975586' post='7632078']
if you like your black r1 better than the sldr, it makes sense. probably because you cannot generate the club head speed to properly launch the sldr. the black r1 is NOT the white r1 painted black!! it is designed differently vs the white r1. it is designed to launch higher, WITH more spin!!
sldr: higher launch, low spin
white r1: lower launch , low spin
black r1: higher launch, higher spin
[/quote]

This information is just plain wrong.
[/quote]

The white R1 specs lower than the 10* in most heads
The black R1 specs at 10* or slightly above in most heads.
Due to these slight differences the black in testing for most launches a little higher with slightly higher spin.

Enjoy
[/quote]

The black r1 was not re-engineered to launch higher than the white.
it was produced from batches of heads that spec'd outside of TM's desired tolerences for the low spinning/launching requirements.
That's why they notified fitters that they would see different results.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1375928320' post='7628914']
[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1375927001' post='7628730']
[quote name='MG 1977' timestamp='1375923441' post='7628266']
I really liked the original Slider with the Mizuno badge.... MP600.
[/quote]

Appx. 2 MP600s sold worldwide.
[/quote]
I know I sold 3 of them, so that total is 5.
[/quote]

I had one and upgraded for a 907... that's right, upgraded to the worst Titleist driver ever made... that's how bad the MP 600 was IMO

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1376062370' post='7640418']
if you like your black r1 better than the sldr, it makes sense. probably because you cannot generate the club head speed to properly launch the sldr. the black r1 is NOT the white r1 painted black!! it is designed differently vs the white r1. it is designed to launch higher, WITH more spin!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Due to these slight differences the black in testing for most launches a little higher with slightly higher spin.

Enjoy
[/quote]

it was produced from batches of heads that spec'd outside of TM's desired tolerences for the low spinning/launching requirements.
[/quote]

[color=#222222]I have no idea if this is true or not but I just find it funny that there are so many different versions of the black vs. white heads (and they all seem plausible)[/color]

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1376062370' post='7640418']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Enjoy
[/quote]

[/quote]

So they are repainted white R1 factory rejects?

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1376062517' post='7640438']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1375928320' post='7628914']
[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1375927001' post='7628730']
[quote name='MG 1977' timestamp='1375923441' post='7628266']
I really liked the original Slider with the Mizuno badge.... MP600.
[/quote]

Appx. 2 MP600s sold worldwide.
[/quote]
I know I sold 3 of them, so that total is 5.
[/quote]

I had one and upgraded for a 907... that's right, upgraded to the worst Titleist driver ever made... that's how bad the MP 600 was IMO
[/quote]

Mmmmm good sound, good feel, simple adjustment............ all the ingredients of a real stinker.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1376056244' post='7639608']
[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1376025466' post='7638208']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1376020970' post='7637824']
[quote name='woods991' timestamp='1376019730' post='7637668']
[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1376018856' post='7637556']
[quote name='lawsonman' timestamp='1375917465' post='7627544']
TM marketing guy was on Sirius PGA tour radio the other day saying to expect a 20 yard increase with the Slider. Just sayin'
[/quote]

Spoken like a true TM Marketing exec.
[/quote]

LOL, every year we gain 7-20 yards more, so under my calculation next year the R2 SLDR reflux should add another 20 yards so everybody should be driving the ball on average 490 if you add all of the yards each year we pick up, just sayin'.
[/quote]
Considering that the average golfer hits the ball approximately 220 or so off the tee, ( unlike big bombers such as yourself, I guess), most of us won't be seeing 490 off the tee any time soon. [i][b]But, most golfers have had healthy distance improvements by moving to the newest driver technology.[/b][/i] While TM's distance claims do not make everyone who uses their products much longer, there are enough who do benefit to make the distance claims very viable. As a fitter, I see the gains every day. Just not from everyone. It seems that those who already have technically sound swings benefit the least from the newer offerings. Those whose swings are not as sound, benefit the most.
[/quote]

As a fitter then you would have the technical know how to explain exactly how that's possible, correct? For over a decade, COR/CT has been maxed. Legally, the ball cannot trampoline off the face anymore than it did ten years ago. MOI is maxed. Aerodynamics is sheer rubbish because of the changing orientation of the clubhead on the downswing. Lighter clubheads are stupid because distance isn't about light weight, [b]it's about right weight[/b]. So with due respect, I'd love for you to explain how going from one driver head to the next equates to ten, twenty, and thirty more yards over a few years. And please [b]don't come at me with spin and launch angles[/b]. As a fitter you would know very well that 99% of golfers with sub 95mph SS need MORE spin and in terms of distance both of those parameters are golfer swing specific. What new technology is causing this distance boom you speak of and is nowhere to be found on the PGA tour?

I realize my response may be a little *****y, and I apologize for that. I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just find it hard to believe that every day average golfers are suddenly bombing by going from the R9 to the SLDR or in 6 months (err 3 months) when they go to the from the SLDR to the SLDR S.
[/quote]
Man. it is this simple. Remember I said that good swingers (usually with higher swing speeds) don't benefit as much as those whose swings are less than perfect( usually slower swing speeds)? It's because the good and the fast are usually able to minimize spin while maxing launch. [i][b]The average guy can't do that but now his clubs can. New technology maxes launch for them minimizing the killing high spin that decimated distance in the very recent past. So you see, it really is about spin[/b][/i] and launch. It is about the right spin with the best launch to create the most distance.. While we're at it let's talk about the "stupid" light clubs. They can increase a golfer's swing speed by several mph. and as a result add distance. For the right golfer. A golfer with a violent transition will likely have less feel for the lighter clubs and for him, the light club is stupid. For a guy with a smooth transition the longer, lighter weight driver may make perfect sense. So, in a sense, without really knowing it, in suggesting the RIGHT weight over LIGHT weight you were absolutely correct. Except that sometimes LIGHT weight is the RIGHT weight.l
Unless you are a fitter, perhaps you and others can limit your experience to how a club affecxts you only. Because you cannot begin to speak on behalf of the multitude of others that current technology advances have helped in SPITE of the limitations of COR , mass and MOI.
[/quote]

1) Your argument about spin is so flawed I don't even know where to start. First, 99% of the time, a golfer who swings under 95mph needs MORE spin and more loft so why would the latest technology touting low spin help him? Second, the "average" guy has nothing to do with it. There are guys who swing 80mph who have absolutely technically sound swings and deliver the clubhead in an ideal fashion. Low spinning driver heads do not help these guys. Finally, do you even realize how much weight has to be moved in both the vertical and and Z-Axis (face to back) COG in order to affect tangible change? A lot more than 2 to 5 grams here and there and certainly not enough to declare that golfers get more distance by going from one model released 6 months before the current model. As a fitter you would know that as plastering lead tape all over our test clubs during fitting sessions is a big part of the "art" in our trade.

2) I don't think we disagree on the light weight technology. It's good for smooth swinging golfers who don't have or have lost any athleticism to generate swing speed. Clearly that technology is not right for everyone, in fact it only benefits a small minority of players in my experience. That type of technology hurts a lot of golfers who don't fit that demographic. Does Callaway tell people that their new Optiforce - "our fastest driver ever" - might not be a good fit for dude who swings 105 and goes after it like Tommy Gainey?

3) Not a fan of dropping creds, but since you asked...yes as a Certified Rifle Performance Fitting Center, UST Mamiya TourSPX, Fuji Charter, KBS and Accra Dealer and Certifed Interntational Clubmakers Guild Clubmaker, I do see a lot of different swings, which with the use of Flightscope X2 and visual confirmation is where I base my experiences. Driver technology every 6 months doesn't add distance. Fitting sure does, though :)

[i]gunmetal,[/i]
[i]Never once did I suggest a spin rate. I said the right spin rate and nor did I mention loft, I said right launch angle,simply because I did not want to get into specific swing speeds and lofts etc. I stand by the premise that the correct technology in the right hands will improve distance and accuracy gains. I really don't think it is the OEM's job to say who will or will not fit into a particular piece of equipment. That is a fitters job. And really, we are saying the same things, especially the importance of fitting., but are attacking it from a different angle. The biggest difference between us is that I still think that the driver head and the purpose of a particular design is a large contribution to the fitting task, especially the newer high launch low spin drivers that have appeared lately. That is what the SLDR is supposed to be all about.I JUST received my shipment today. I'll find out soon if it stands up to TM's claims..[/i]
[i]Happy fitting[/i]

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='jabroni23' timestamp='1376059355' post='7640000']
[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1376058932' post='7639952']
[quote name='jabroni23' timestamp='1375982429' post='7633232']
[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1375976614' post='7632260']
Love this thread. Learned some things today. The Black R1 is different than the White R1 in design/purpose but also color. Learned that some golfers aren't satisfied with 250 carry and 50 yard roll AND that the two combined equal 300. We learned how some people don't like the club, some people like the club, and some people don't find it any better or worse than their current. I guess I don't know if I'm a high spinner or low spinner, though. Some days I hit my driver straight and long and other days I fade or draw on occasion. My longest drives ever are with a Bridgestone J33R but I have to be really on my game. I've never found anything much better than a few drivers I own but I still want to buy new ones every other day.
[/quote]

Exactly...."[color=#282828]Carry 250, roll another 50 = 300. Not my kind of golf"[/color]....Not my kind of golf either. My kind of golf is 20-30 yards less roll. Sounds like a good problem to have.
[/quote]

It's not a good problem to have. Super low spin with no carry is a hard ball to control. Most of the courses I play don't allow for that.

Typical GolfWRX guys are always looking lower spin. The problem is controlling ballflight You can't control a ball that is launching with 1300-1600 revs. It's going somewhere quick. You can't place your ball out there.
[/quote]

It was tongue in cheek, no real substance behind it. I just found it funny that someone was "complaining" about a 300 yard drive and walked away from a club because of how it got to 300 yards. I can't imagine many people saying a club isn't for them because of [u]how[/u] they hit it 300 yards.
[/quote]

I apologize - I live at elevation. 1 mile high - 300 yard drives are commonplace. :) cheers.

TMBob - to translate to sea level I would be hitting 220 carry, 275-280 rollout with the modern super low spin driver such as the SLDR. I'm just not a fan of 1300-1600 revs…which is what the SLDR does for me. THat's all.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='mikeboston' timestamp='1375996028' post='7635168']
I for one had to try it. I decided that I would go do it right this time. I went down to the tpc sawgrass and went through the mat system. With my r1 I was hitting it around 270 average. Avery (fitter) put me in the right shaft, weight, loft. I gained 40+ yards. Do I think it was head alone. Not a chance, but it was worth the upgrade for me.
[/quote]

I can't stop laughing....

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1375996432' post='7635220']
Whateves. ...fugly looking...all you guus looking for distance are chasing pipe dreams...

get right shaft and all current heads will perform
[/quote]

Amen

[quote name='idrive' timestamp='1376091312' post='7644164']
[quote name='mikeboston' timestamp='1375996028' post='7635168']
I for one had to try it. I decided that I would go do it right this time. I went down to the tpc sawgrass and went through the mat system. With my r1 I was hitting it around 270 average. Avery (fitter) put me in the right shaft, weight, loft. I gained 40+ yards. Do I think it was head alone. Not a chance, but it was worth the upgrade for me.
[/quote]

I can't stop laughing....

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1375996432' post='7635220']
Whateves. ...fugly looking...all you guus looking for distance are chasing pipe dreams...

get right shaft and all current heads will perform
[/quote]

Amen
[/quote]
This. Spend some of that fancy new club money on a nice shaft that fits your swing and pay a reputable club maker to assemble it(or do it yourself). Spend that extra money on some Greens fees.

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1376092935' post='7644328']
I should know better than to come into a TMAG thread looking for info.
[/quote]
Haha, true

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Think its a really good driver, probably the best TM has made in a few years. Think the hype with this one reached epic heights with the results the guys got from SLDR Driver fitting thread. So, when you pick one off the shelf and don't got 25 yards more carry, there is disappointment. To get results like they got, you need to get fit properly.

[quote name='dtowngolf' timestamp='1376099495' post='7645116']
Well this is going to turn into a "bash" Tmag thread. ... :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

"going" to?

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I hit my friend's 9.5* SLDR today with my own shaft (Tour AD DI 7x). The SLDR is definitely a low launching head. It had to be set at the highest and 2nd highest setting to get my desired trajectory. This was not to my liking as it closed the clubface. My preference would be to get a 10.5 and play it neutral. The closing of the face did add a touch of left side bias obviously. The weight was set to full fade position.

My driving range backs into a mountain at the end so telling overall distance is not possible. As far as carry was concerned the SLDR was just as long as my best gamers of the past but it wasn't longer. The SLDR was landing to my typical career spots. It remains to be seen how the rollout is. I was hoping for longer carry vs other drivers from the past. That was not the case. The overall feel was very solid and had a nice thwack to it. I personally do not like the top crown. It was very distracting. The dark gray area where the top of the head meets the sole at the rear looks like lead tape. The other little graphics are distracting as well. IMO it's more distracting then the R1.

Disappointed? Maybe a little. The final judgment will come once it gets taken out to the course.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

This is something I will over look but I need to mention it. The screw on bottom blue sliding weight stripped out on me as I now have to have another one ordered from Dicks, I couldn't believe it as I never got a chance to hit it. I put my Oban White Kiyoshi shaft in it and started to set the weight to draw as Wow! Well maybe it's the 1st batch I don't know but I will see how this matter gets corrected. Thank Goodness I still have my gamer which is an Adams Launch Lab 9.5 Snake skin with a Nippon Pro Regio Formula shaft which I doubt that this new SLDR will give it a threat but I won't know now till I get this issue solved :angry:

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

[quote name='PingDaddy8' timestamp='1376134993' post='7646720']
This is something I will over look but I need to mention it. The screw on bottom blue sliding weight stripped out on me as I now have to have another one ordered from Dicks, I couldn't believe it as I never got a chance to hit it. I put my Oban White Kiyoshi shaft in it and started to set the weight to draw as Wow! Well maybe it's the 1st batch I don't know but I will see how this matter gets corrected. Thank Goodness I still have my gamer which is an Adams Launch Lab 9.5 Snake skin with a Nippon Pro Regio Formula shaft which I doubt that this new SLDR will give it a threat but I won't know now till I get this issue solved :angry:
[/quote]

If you tighten the screw too tight, doesn't it release so you have to start over? It does on mine. I over tightened it a couple of times. I hope yours is not the norm and screws get stripped.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='PingDaddy8' timestamp='1376134993' post='7646720']
[/quote]
That little screw also comes all the way out. So with a little bad luck one can lose that screw. There is no rubber washer that prevents it from coming all the way out like the screw in the head. My buddy and I took turns hitting it and he needed the setting to be at full draw and mine at full fade so I was fumbling around alot with the weight slide.

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1376130944' post='7646620']
I hit my friend's 9.5* SLDR today with my own shaft (Tour AD DI 7x). The SLDR is definitely a low launching head. It had to be set at the highest and 2nd highest setting to get my desired trajectory.
[/quote]

No. It's the highest launching head they have ever produced - according to them. And I couldn't keep the 9.5 launching below 16*. So I'd concur with TMAG.

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1376144585' post='7647242']
I hit my friend's 9.5* SLDR today with my own shaft (Tour AD DI 7x). The SLDR is definitely a low launching head. It had to be set at the highest and 2nd highest setting to get my desired trajectory.
[/quote]

No. It's the highest launching head they have ever produced - according to them. And I couldn't keep the 9.5 launching below 16*. So I'd concur with TMAG.
[/quote]

I thought the optimal trajectory that TM wants on these is 16-17 degrees? I could be wrong tho.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[/quote]

[/quote]
With what shaft were you launching above 16*? And I'd concur with my own results. Im getting a 10.5. No way I'd buy a head and have to close the face to raise trajectory. Glad I hit my friend's first.

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1376145195' post='7647270']
[/quote]

[/quote]
With what shaft were you launching above 16*? And I'd concur with my own results. Im getting a 10.5.
[/quote]

AD-BB, AD-DI, Stock Speeder TP, and Black Tie. The lot.

I don't dispute your findings. Just saying it wasn't designed to be a low launching head - to the contrary.

And I hit it to the moon. I'd certainly need the 8.

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1376145640' post='7647290']
[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1376145195' post='7647270']
[/quote]

[/quote]
With what shaft were you launching above 16*? And I'd concur with my own results. Im getting a 10.5.
[/quote]

AD-BB, AD-DI, Stock Speeder TP, and Black Tie. The lot.

I don't dispute your findings. Just saying it wasn't designed to be a low launching head - to the contrary.

And I hit it to the moon. I'd certainly need the 8.
[/quote]

Hmmm. Maybe it's the Tour AD shaft? Not getting enough spin perhaps from my swing? Time to try another shaft. Oh the madness continues. :D

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1376098357' post='7644990']
Think its a really good driver, probably the best TM has made in a few years. Think the hype with this one reached epic heights with the results the guys got from SLDR Driver fitting thread. So, when you pick one off the shelf and don't got 25 yards more carry, there is disappointment. To get results like they got, you need to get fit properly.
[/quote]

You do make a great point....most if not all were not fitted into different shafts than retail

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

Ok problem with the screw on the bottom weight has been resolved as I did get to take it out but never got to play a full 18. Did play 12 and I only missed 2 fairways as this is one of TM's best looking, best sounding and longest TM to come out in several years. I know some will disagree and that's ok but you can feel and just see the ball jump off the face as the ball speed is faster than previous TM driver's, Glad it's in my bag as I'm a believer in TM products.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will agree here, definetely a higher launch for me, but the spin rates are still good compared to other heads I have hit with the same dynamic loft numbers.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Hit the SLDR today at Golf Galaxy, I went in expecting nothing - Clear open mind. I personally do not like the way it feels on contact, I was not able to distinguish the difference in feel of a low face hit and a pure center strike which is a No-Go for me, it hit the ball very well even in the stock S-Flex off-the-shelf and I liked the sound it made and I even liked the looks in-person much more than in pictures but I simply could not distinguish the difference between a low-face hit and a center strike. Low face hit felt like I pured the ball but the mark on the Demo tape was a good 2 grooves low. Hit one "on the screws" and it felt identical to the low face hit - I had to hit 3-4 more balls back to back attempting to distinguish a difference and I could not. It feels sort of "Dead" in that respect so sadly...my Driver search continues. Kinda bummed, the overall head-weight of the club felt very good and very well balanced with the stock shaft.

Edit: I hit the 9.5 Degree and it was launching to the moon. I'd need an 8 or lower.

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link