Most ridiculous thing heard on the range

StarFleetGolfer

I've never actually heard anything on the range. The iPod goes in and the balls go down range. Maybe thats why most people suck at golf - too much bullshitting and worrying about what everyone else is doing.

HardWord not allowed alert. Good luck at Barclays Mr. No Nonsense.

I'm sure most folks aren't actually 'worried' about what anyone else is doing, more than they're just unavoidably inundated with it. Also, I'm certain that the reason 'most people suck at golf' is probably more positively correlated to the fact that golf is just hard...for everyone.... well, except for you.

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

This isn't passive bragging, and I would laugh just as hard if it had been anyone else:

70-ish year old guy at the range is hitting them well, but keeps mumbling about something. He's getting more and more frustrated, and I'm still not sure whats going on. He's had driver out the whole time at this point and I got through my clubs and it was a day I planned on working on driving a bit.

He had gotten closer to me after I was hitting a fairway wood, and I pulled out my driver and hit one.

" G-D@mn it son. If I could hit just one ball like that, I'd just tell the whole world to f- off and die happy."

Next came the most ridiculous.

A father and daughter showed up and he was clearly the lesson giver. He knew it alllll. Never hit a ball though, but everything was: "this is what the pro's do".

The poor girl couldn't get a ball to leave the ground, something you see reasonably often. Her dad has her watch a video on his phone. Something that clearly had no audio.. "Youve gotta lean back further, keep your weight on your back foot, and flip the ball up as high as you can!"

I've read and heard people say crazier things, but I'm not sure I've heard a more fundamentally flawed piece of advice before. How can someone who, I assume has never hit a good shot before, try and teach someone to play as poorly as them, and clearly have no idea what's going on.

I've never actually heard anything on the range. The iPod goes in and the balls go down range. Maybe thats why most people suck at golf - too much bullshitting and worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Thank you for identifying what category you're in..........

Would that all driving range patrons were as considerate as Kevin.

Haha! "Alright everyone! Stop having fun and get back to golfing!"

Great contribution to the thread... but you forgot to humbly brag about just how far you hit it down the range, because that would of been just as pertinent as everything else in your post.

Great contribution to the thread... but you forgot to humbly brag about just how far you hit it down the range, because that would of been just as pertinent as everything else in your post.

You must not have seen his other thread. 280 yard 4 irons is the answer to that question.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

You must not have seen his other thread. 280 yard 4 irons is the answer to that question.

Oh, I saw it... that's why I linked to it! :)

Guys next to me at the range yesterday were talking about some Pokemon game they played on their phones.... :eyeroll

It's kind of fun. I can't wait for the story about some guy getting hit because he walked into the range to find pokemon!

I help run a bunch of restaurants. We have caught people chasing those things into our kitchens.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Just keep that iPod in and maybe even get some blinders that thoroughbreds race in and I'm sure that handicap will come down from 8.7 and you'll be hitting that 7 iron 300 yards in no time! Everyone else will just continue to suck because they overhear random funny things at the range they enjoy sharing.

Bruh I hear you loud and clear LOLZ get it? Hear you? Totally agree. It's like when I'm at the gym and all these lame a** posers are in the free weight section for like 5 min thinking that's gonna add mass. Get real son! 3 sets at 40-60-80 hit every muscle group hit the beta-carotene and badaboom badabing your gettin shredded.

Stay up kid. One.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Last night, a single let me play through on Hole #2. As I walked to the tee box, he asked "How ya hitting em?"

Struck me as a funny question since I'd made it through 1 hole.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Bro, do you even lift?

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

Bruh I hear you loud and clear LOLZ get it? Hear you? Totally agree. It's like when I'm at the gym and all these lame a** posers are in the free weight section for like 5 min thinking that's gonna add mass. Get real son! 3 sets at 40-60-80 hit every muscle group hit the beta-carotene and badaboom badabing your gettin shredded.

Stay up kid. One.

Ya know, this is exactly what I thought when I first read that post. Just makes sense....

Bro, do you even lift?

"Where's the protein, ma!"

Bro, do you even lift?

"Where's the protein, ma!"

http://www.savethebros.com/

Well yeah... on a bad day...

I was on the lower rung of the driving range and overheard this...

Guy: Yeah, oh hey, you hit real good, you just need to come here more often and I'll teach you how to hit !

Girl: Yeah, I'd love to, I really enjoyed myself tonight and I think I am improving. We should definitely do this again. But yeah, just not like a date or anything like that OK ?

*Silence*

At this point, I think said guy fell off the top floor of the range head first, into the bunker below hiding his head in shame. LOLzzzzzzzzz

Chill out man. We all love golf. Seriously though these kind of thread make me come back to this site. After years of being on here, it gets repetitive at times. There were some other thread that I like got locked up because some people ruined it for example, you know you are on Golfwrx when ...this thread is one of the best on here. So much funny stuff in first 20-30 pages

Titleist TSR2 10 

Titleist 917 F2 5W

Ping 4h 5h

Vega 6-PW
Vega Alcor 50
Titleist SM 8 54
Fourteen RM4 58
Odyssey Eleven Tour Line S 

Ok, this isn't the funniest thing seen at the range, but saying this, while having that avatar is certainly funny.

That's Gold Jerry, Gold!!!.

Totally agree. I hate people on the range worrying about what I am doing. If I want someone to get involved in what I am doing, I'll post about it on here so they know how awesome I am.

This didn't happen at the range, but it happened just behind it where the batting cages are. I was young when this happened, probably 10 or 11, and this guy came storming up to the batting cage I was in and walked in without a helmet or a bat! He then proceeded to use the fastball pitching machine (90 mph) without a helmet OR a bat!!! And I was like "mister you gotta wear a helmet!" He's all like "don't worry about it!" And proceeded to take pitches right to the chest! He even took one right off his head!! It was unbelievably awesome!! He kept muttering about next seasons hockey tryouts and how he bad to toughen up!! This guy was nuts!!

Then! This giant dark skinned fella came barrelling over to the cage and unplugged this psychos machine. The guy was very displeased with this man and I remember him distinctively still talking about toughening up for hockey tryouts. The darker skinned man, who had a wooden hand btw, kept repeating that he had to give this s*** up and focus on golf!! These 2 wackos kept bantering all the way to the psycho guys' car which was a total POS beater. At this point I was out of hearing range but the psycho guy literally whipped a hockey stick out of his trunk and started blasting slapshots around with beer cans!! It was truely unbelievable!!! Nobody believes me when I tell this story!!

Apparently that happened after his range session. I only saw him hitting drives 400+ on the range with a small crowd of people watching. I lost $40 to him and remember him saying "tell your friends". I didn't get to see him in the batting cage that day as a buddy ran over and told me while it was too late. I did see him knock over a trash can though as he was about to leave in his car. There was just something about that dude that led me to believe I was witnessing greatness.

Thanks for the early morning laugh BTW.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

"Are we allowed to hit Driver here?" (On a range that is well over 300 yards with limited flight balls)

"Yea man go ahead"

Guy proceeds to top 10 in a row, overcompensates, and then takes a massive divot three inches behind. His friend goes: "Maybe YOU aren't allowed to hit driver"

I lol'd so hard

My friend who I have never really golfed with was complaining that while he can drive 280 metres consistently he can't get rid of his annoying slice. This friend is a great guy but he's kind of a compulsive liar. Usually I just humour him but this time I challenged his statement because I knew he couldn't drive 280, so we went to the range for a demonstration. He hits a few warm ups and then I suggested he load on up and show me how far he can hit it. So he loads up on it and takes an almighty swing. The ball takes off straight, gets to about 100 metres then takes a sharp left turn in the air (lefty slice), rockets towards the side of the range, lands and actually starts rolling backwards towards the tees. I told him he's got an amazing ability to work the ball.