This is a classic: "I would've played in college but......"

TSR3 10*(D1H1) - Tensie 1k White 60x

909D3 13* - Graffaloy Prolaunch Platinum 70x

Titleist T200 ('21) 3 - Mitsubishi MMT 105TX

Titleist T100 ('21) 4 & 5 - Project X 6.5

Titleist 630MB 6 - P - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 - Project X 6.5

Circa 62 #3 Oil Can 35"

Yesterday played a county course. Have a grass range but had the tees up in front on the range. When they do this they post a "irons only" sign. The end of the range about 230 from this point. So an older couple is there, she was "crushing" her driver 125 or so. Being about 5' tall and 90 pounds not bad. Well you guessed it a county employee center over and told her she could not hit her driver. REALLY I said. Are you kidding, she is not hitting her driver as far as my gap wedge. Well it was not pretty, but I asked if I could hit my 5 hybrid, he said "don't be a wise a**". so I went to my brothers bag an got his driving iron teed it up and hit draws into the first fairway, end of range, as hard as I could. Did not make friends yesterday. They tried to get me thrown off the course. I reminded them that my tax dollars pay their salaries and they worked for us. I was told to leave, I said "call the police if you like", and walked to the first tee. Hit the longest drive of the year, straight through the dogleg into the woods.

Common sense is indeed not very common.

Typical county/city/state employee they think their poop does not stink. That is the way to tell them yep our tax dollars help pay their salaries.

Typical response from people who are jealous they don't have a government job. When they tell me they pay my salary, I remind them that I make more money than they do and I pay myself more than they pay me.

Aren't snide, over-generalizations fun?

#1 I do not want or need a government job and I make a hell of a lot more money than these clowns here working for the city county or state for that matter. And iwhen I retire from being self employed for a good part of my life I will have a better retirement than they do-- And like it or not TAXPAYERS do pay your salary regardless of what you THINK YOU KNOW.

Yes, I know. I said that above. Reading is fundamental.

Barefoot Dude (~25 y.o.) is hammering drivers on the range. Some legitimately good power, but he is swinging at about 150%. Cute girlfriend and 60 year old dad are watching. Dad is going absolutely bonkers, giving running commentary, advice, and astute observation on every shot. The kind of day you wish you had your ear buds with you. The night peaked when he lost his grip on the club and threw is 50 yards away on about a 45 degree angle:). It was right in my line, so I helped the guy out and picked it up for him. It was entertaining once, but I'm happy I haven't seen them since.

Cobra LTD Pro
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G25 20*
Maltby DBM black 4-GW kbs special black
Maltby tour grind 56* - 60*
Yes! Pippi

Best i heard, my friend was at range and the local pro was hitting near him. My buddy was struggling and asked for advice. The guy watched him hit a few and looked at him deadpan and said Loft. Pro walked away and started hitting again. My buddy finished his basket and confused stopped and said what did you mean loft?

Lack of Freaking Talent. MY buddy loses it laughing, looks at the pro and says I already knew that, glad i did pay for that advice.

Now every mishit we have he yells LOFT!!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a demo day last year at a local driving range where one of the gentleman at the Nike tent explained to me that the 1800 spin I was getting with my gamer (SLDR at the time) was too low for my fade and "fit" me into their Pro driver with the stock Diamana that I hit shorter and with a bit worse dispersion. All with limited flight range balls I might add. Even said I'd get 10% off if I purchased "today". I nopped out of there real quick!

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

• 2 weeks later...

Best i heard, my friend was at range and the local pro was hitting near him. My buddy was struggling and asked for advice. The guy watched him hit a few and looked at him deadpan and said Loft. Pro walked away and started hitting again. My buddy finished his basket and confused stopped and said what did you mean loft?

Lack of Freaking Talent. MY buddy loses it laughing, looks at the pro and says I already knew that, glad i did pay for that advice.

Now every mishit we have he yells LOFT!!

This is hilarious

Went to a demo day last year at a local driving range where one of the gentleman at the Nike tent explained to me that the 1800 spin I was getting with my gamer (SLDR at the time) was too low for my fade and "fit" me into their Pro driver with the stock Diamana that I hit shorter and with a bit worse dispersion. All with limited flight range balls I might add. Even said I'd get 10% off if I purchased "today". I nopped out of there real quick!

Well he's not all wrong. Depending on your launch angle and ball speed, 1800 for a fade is quite low. If you needed to draw one I'd be afraid you'd drop sub 1500 or so and the ball would just be falling out of the air.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

While at the local golf dome the other day an older couple arrived and settled in on the two stalls just next to me. The husband pulls out little notebook and start barking off things he wants his wife to work on in this session. He told her about 5 or 6 different things "I want you to work on". The funny thing is the wife had a better swing then the husband who was giving instruction. He at age 70ish could only swing back three-quarters of a swing and looked like a rusty old gate on his follow-through, slicing the ball and topping it often enough. It's funny how some of the worst swings in golf think they are the best instructors. What was hard to take about his instruction was that it was quite demeaning in my opinion the way he said things to his wife, like he's the boss sort of thing.

Well he's not all wrong. Depending on your launch angle and ball speed, 1800 for a fade is quite low. If you needed to draw one I'd be afraid you'd drop sub 1500 or so and the ball would just be falling out of the air.

Idk about you, but I wouldn't ever put stock in spin numbers using limited flight range balls.

Also, just out of curiosity, why would a draw with the driver have less spin that a fade (or even a straight ball)?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

While at the local golf dome the other day an older couple arrived and settled in on the two stalls just next to me. The husband pulls out little notebook and start barking off things he wants his wife to work on in this session. He told her about 5 or 6 different things "I want you to work on". The funny thing is the wife had a better swing then the husband who was giving instruction. He at age 70ish could only swing back three-quarters of a swing and looked like a rusty old gate on his follow-through, slicing the ball and topping it often enough. It's funny how some of the worst swings in golf think they are the best instructors. What was hard to take about his instruction was that it was quite demeaning in my opinion the way he said things to his wife, like he's the boss sort of thing.

There are many examples in sports, like pretty much every sport where the instructor is not nearly the player/proformer The the student is.. I was a Martial Arts Instructor most of my adult life, and yes I was better then every student I had. I gave up teaching at age 42 as I was getting lower and weaker. I could not make nor I'd I want to teach and not do. That is just my issues, never learned how to sit back and teach without participating. Total weakness and ego on my part.

Just remembered this one.. I was at a range hitting a bucket before heading out to play 18, and a guy maybe 50 y/o and his wife in the bay behind me. I'm hitting balls, next thing I hear is a massive crash on the metal roof, then searing pain on the top of my head.. I've gone down holding my head and turn round to the guy in a state of shock and pain and asked him what he thought he was doing (may have been a little less polite than that), and the guy looks at me blankly without apologising. I turn around to my mate in the bay the other side and he was laughing so I just gathered myself and finished my bucket of balls. 2 mins later the guy and his wife leave and offer me the rest of his bucket of balls. Still no apology. I think that was fairly ridiculous...

Idk about you, but I wouldn't ever put stock in spin numbers using limited flight range balls.

Also, just out of curiosity, why would a draw with the driver have less spin that a fade (or even a straight ball)?

Indeed, the club I work at even has NXT Tour balls for the range, but I finish every fitting indoors by hitting the ball that they play. I notice a 300-400 decrease in backspin on those balls vs the Chome Soft X that I game. That is the difference between someone justifying the Sub Zero or the regular Epic head.

As for a Draw spinning less, it's just usually a shallower path, leading to less spin.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

Yesterday played a county course. Have a grass range but had the tees up in front on the range. When they do this they post a "irons only" sign. The end of the range about 230 from this point. So an older couple is there, she was "crushing" her driver 125 or so. Being about 5' tall and 90 pounds not bad. Well you guessed it a county employee center over and told her she could not hit her driver. REALLY I said. Are you kidding, she is not hitting her driver as far as my gap wedge. Well it was not pretty, but I asked if I could hit my 5 hybrid, he said "don't be a wise a**". so I went to my brothers bag an got his driving iron teed it up and hit draws into the first fairway, end of range, as hard as I could. Did not make friends yesterday. They tried to get me thrown off the course. I reminded them that my tax dollars pay their salaries and they worked for us. I was told to leave, I said "call the police if you like", and walked to the first tee. Hit the longest drive of the year, straight through the dogleg into the woods.

Typical county/city/state employee they think their poop does not stink. That is the way to tell them yep our tax dollars help pay their salaries.

Typical response from people who are jealous they don't have a government job. When they tell me they pay my salary, I remind them that I make more money than they do and I pay myself more than they pay me.

#1 I do not want or need a government job and I make a hell of a lot more money than these clowns here working for the city county or state for that matter. And when I retire from being self employed for a good part of my life I will have a better retirement than they do-- And like it or not TAXPAYERS do pay your salary regardless of what you THINK YOU KNOW.

Tell em STU. For most people government jobs other than the military are for people who cant make a living in the private sector. Just like college professors.

#1 I do not want or need a government job and I make a hell of a lot more money than these clowns here working for the city county or state for that matter. And when I retire from being self employed for a good part of my life I will have a better retirement than they do-- And like it or not TAXPAYERS do pay your salary regardless of what you THINK YOU KNOW.

Tell em STU. For most people government jobs other than the military are for people who cant make a living in the private sector. Just like college professors.

Please keep the political nonsense out of the forums. There's a reason that's part of the board rules.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

You forgot police, fire, building inspectors, health inspectors and anyone else who keep you from harm.

Seriously, politics should just stay off this board. Nothing good comes from bringing it into forums like this, and that goes for both sides.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Always seems like on the range the people who have no business giving anyone any advice are the most likely to always want to be giving advice...For example one of my buddies who just picked up the game basically last summer really started improving and was hitting his driver pretty well, not long but was straight off the tee maybe 220, then the next week he played and for some reason due to someones' advice on the range started swinging his driver with the club face almost completely closed to fix a slice that he didn't really have and it threw him all sorts of out of wack.

In short "range pros" are an interesting group of people, and from what i have noticed the really good players i play with will almost never make comments about my swing/style or that of any others in our playing group.

I don't have any ridiculous stories to add, but I was at the range this weekend and there was a young kid, maybe 9 or 10, getting lessons from the pro. It was obvious he was new to the game, as he was swatting and lunging at the ball like a beginner. When I finished with the bucket and was leaving, he was already striking the ball fairly well. Kid's going to be a gamer.

Thought about this thread last week while I was on the range...

Two guys I had never seen before were hitting a couple of spots from me. One was a younger guy (early 20s probably) with a pretty awful swing. I wasn't paying much attention to him because of the other guy, but the early 20s guy cold-topped most everything, except for the handful that he skyed...he hit a driver shot or two that went twice as high as anybody's PW and about half the distance.

Anyway, the other guy next to him...an older guy...I kept noticing after every shot that he would run out onto the range and run back. I guess he was picking up tees to hit the next shot with. So I paused a minute to watch him, and OMG...the swing was HILARIOUS. So he took this major whack at the ball and somehow ended up on his back foot near impact and literally sprinted backwards after impact (I guess because all of his weight was shifting so hard to the back foot that he had to run away from the ball to not fall straight backwards). So I just laughed to myself a little bit. It was impressive that he actually made contact with the ball.

But after a few minutes I heard him say to the kid next to him "Wow, you skyed that one...that was a bomb." And the kid smiled. And the older guy said "So we can just use your drives and we can use my putts and we will be in pretty good shape today". So I guess they were preparing for a scramble. That comment caused me to pay attention to the kid again...next drive...cold topped...next one after that...cold topped...next one after that...apex of about 150 feet and traveled to the blue flag on our range (135 out). They are going to have fun with those bombs today :taunt: