Callaway Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alpha drivers: In-hand photos

GolfWRX

[quote name='bluecollar81' timestamp='1386125961' post='8245165']
[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1386123912' post='8244979']
[quote name='xyz0815' timestamp='1386119541' post='8244670']
[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1386103763' post='8243464']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1386100635' post='8243218']
[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1386100317' post='8243184']
Looks like some free shaft options throughout the Apex, Apex Pro, and BBA!! Loving it!!

I hit both drivers last night, and the X2hot Pro Hybrid and the BB 3 wood...Fubuki is not for me...I am wondering if it is similar to the Alpha..which I thought was too spinny for me. But man..they all felt good...really like the X2HotPro hybrid..still has that boxier toe like the standard hybrid, just smaller!!

All look great at address and if the BBA ends up being more forgiving than the RFE...in it goes! My XHP 3 wood is a beast..gonna take alot to get it out of the bag! X2Hot Pro hybrid has really good chance of knocking my Adams Pro Gold PNT out though!!
[/quote]

Interesting that the Fubuki in the BBA wasn't right for you. Could you not have used all the weights/Gravity Core etc to get the spin rates down to give you the spin rates and ball flight you wanted?
[/quote]

I'll go here first...the shaft is still the engine of the club...that has to fit first to put the ball on the face as consistent as possible. The stock 60 series ZT is like 62 grams or 64 grams max....I currently play a 77 gram shaft in X flex(didn't use it this weekend, so still had a Kai'li 80 S in the driver)...I make a quick transistion and a slight over the top pull attack at -1 to -2*...the shaft is huge for me to keep me consistent at impact. When I was hitting my RFE with Kai'li 80 S while warming up, was getting around 2500-2600 on good swings--launch a touch low at 10.8-11.4*, 3000-3200 on bad swing. Even with the Fubuki being a 'wrong' shaft for me, when I smoothed one with the core in 'High CG' my spin was around 34-3600. when it went to Low CG, it dropped to 2700-2800 and man, you can feel the difference in the head when you switch it. The Fubuki ZT is just not a shaft I can use...the Fubuki K is a different story...the Alpha and Tour were very spinny for me. Adjusted the weights to match my RFE and took loft to 10* and it was much better, but not as good as it would be with a shaft more suited to my swing.
[/quote]

I'm actually pretty happy with the stock shaft. Playing Fubukis in my last 2 drivers and 3 wood and it's usually a big up charge, so 500 bucks is actually not bad for me - of course that's cause I got lucky and they picked my preferred shaft as stock :)

Does anyone know how the Fubuki ZT compares to the K? I'm currently playing the K and liking it. I'll definitely hold on to the K anyways, but just interested in what the difference is. From what I read, it looks like the ZT is more like the original Fubuki Tour, meaning a bit spinner than the K. Any thoughts?
[/quote]

The ZT felt like it had more spin the K...I like the K...reminds me of my Kai'li 80s...but then again the ZT 70 or 80 may be perfect..but the 60 was to spiny for me.
[/quote]

I believe the bend profiles of both (Z and ZT) were based off the Alpha. I would have suspected the 70 to be right in your wheel house Dscvrr! I also have a negative AoA, so I was stoked to see the ZT as a stock option. Seems like your experience is showing characteristics of the Fubuki Tour, so now I'm just confused lol. If you get an opportunity to hit the K in the BBA please let me know how it goes.
[/quote]

The 70 series probably would have given me better results for sure...! Didn't have anything but stock shafts available for the Rep. I found the Alpha to spin like crazy for me..the K felt alot like my Diamana Kai'li 70x or 80s...smooth and lower spin...wish I'd had a Optiforce adapter on my Kiyoshi White 75 05...that would do it..!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how TMAG will counter these two releases??? TMAG will not just sit on their asses with what they've already got out there. They will make a move. Could be interesting. I did not make the transition from R1 to SLDR based purely on forgiveness on off center hits............R1 was far better (for me)..........and when I popped in a Kiyoshi white into that big black R1 head, I had a match made in heaven.

Like several other WRX members I don't buy the 'price sticking' thing.............the sales numbers of these two products will start to drive a lower price point if sales start to lag. We'll see.

I had an all Callaway bag for 5 years and gradually it went to irons/hybrids only. Those X14 pro series irons are still a big fav of mine. I watched, helpless, as my beloved manufacturer Callaway fell by the wayside over a few years.........but now they are making a come-back and I can see them regaining market share with some great wood and iron offerings in 2014. Good on you Harry and I wish you and the team at Callaway all the best.............and I hope in the years to come that I can go back to having an all Callaway bag.

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

Looks like some free shaft options throughout the Apex, Apex Pro, and BBA!! Loving it!!

I hit both drivers last night, and the X2hot Pro Hybrid and the BB 3 wood...Fubuki is not for me...I am wondering if it is similar to the Alpha..which I thought was too spinny for me. But man..they all felt good...really like the X2HotPro hybrid..still has that boxier toe like the standard hybrid, just smaller!!

All look great at address and if the BBA ends up being more forgiving than the RFE...in it goes! My XHP 3 wood is a beast..gonna take alot to get it out of the bag! X2Hot Pro hybrid has really good chance of knocking my Adams Pro Gold PNT out though!!
[/quote]

Why must you continue to taunt me with the I just hit it comments, I am so jealous. We are normally a bit behind with product release here and being lefty its even harder again to get to hit the new stuff.

Alpha looks interesting and anything that says Big Bertha is a must look at.

With the heel and toe weights already in place, a sliding weight on the back seems to be overkill to me. Callaway is taking off on TM's older R9 series weighting scheme and incorporating a sliding weight like Mizuno's old technology.

If a player likes to go heavy in the toe area and sets the side weights to do so, then why the need to add even more weight out on the toe when you have a dual clog system to help with a fade bias. Older technology and overkill on the new BB

Now on the Alpha, the deeper face, no alinement aid, and the center weight has my attention....alone with the new Mitzu shaft. Looking forward to hearing more on this head.

[quote name='leo the lion' timestamp='1386133434' post='8245789']

Like several other WRX members I don't buy the 'price sticking' thing.............the sales numbers of these two products will start to drive a lower price point if sales start to lag. We'll see.

[/quote]
It depends on the cost for production in relation to the margins built in to cover other costs. I also don't believe the price staying where it is. It can't. When you go into subsequent product cycles AND competition producing a lower priced product, you have to consider how you're going to sell that more expensive product to the masses and convincing a public that it's better. The JDM owners understand. Technology and exotic metals cost more to produce and they'll pay for it. Most Americans generally aren't like that. They're looking for a bargain. Where you get more for less.

It's pretty risky IMO.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1386098817' post='8243066']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1386092415' post='8242496']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1386088654' post='8242212']
From what I have gathered there are no other "free" shaft options. Perhaps Harry can chime in.
[/quote]

For serious? $500 and NO free shaft options? Are there at least some good ones for $100 more? If not, agree that there is major flop potential, UNLESS they lower the price to $349 by May or something (but I thought they weren't doing that either).
[/quote]

Of course there is an extensive list of custom shafts as well. Within this list there will be a cadre of free upgrade shafts. We haven't decided what those will be yet, but there will at least be a few to choose from if you don't want the stock ZT (which I believe is a $300 after market shaft, by the way).
[/quote]

/crosses fingers for oban options!!

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1386102145' post='8243340']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1386102082' post='8243334']
[quote name='Callaway_HarryA' timestamp='1386098817' post='8243066']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1386092415' post='8242496']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1386088654' post='8242212']
From what I have gathered there are no other "free" shaft options. Perhaps Harry can chime in.
[/quote]

For serious? $500 and NO free shaft options? Are there at least some good ones for $100 more? If not, agree that there is major flop potential, UNLESS they lower the price to $349 by May or something (but I thought they weren't doing that either).
[/quote]

Of course there is an extensive list of custom shafts as well. Within this list there will be a cadre of free upgrade shafts. [b]We haven't decided what those will be yet[/b], but there will at least be a few to choose from if you don't want the stock ZT (which I believe is a $300 after market shaft, by the way).
[/quote]

Are you open to suggestions :)

Awesome! I knew you would be!! Here is one right off the bat: Offer a heavier option of the same ZT shaft, something in the 70-79g range. That in itself will go a LONG way. It would also be fantastic if you could offer the ZT shaft in the BB driver as a no upcharge option as well. Those two things alone probably deliver a heck of a lot. I can certainly make some other suggestions too ;) I think the direction you took with the Apex line of irons was spot-on, maybe you can offer something similar with the Alpha/BB drivers too? Obviously asking for every awesome, exotic shaft is out of the question, but an average option from Fuji, Graphite Design, and Matrix would be a great place to start.
[/quote]

Oban White
[/quote]
This is the answer I'm waiting for. Give me the BBA with a Kiyoshi White in S-65 or S-75 and I'd send you a check today; site unseen.

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1386178494' post='8247725']
Haha, you guys are crazy. Isn't the Kiyoshi White like $400 by itself?
[/quote]

Fine a devotion will do that's only $175!!!!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[/quote]

That's exactly the reason I didn't include the Oban family in my initial response. Most of their Kiyoshi options are north of $350 I believe. Having that as a no-upcharge option is not likely to happen, though it would be cool. I've heard nothing but good things out of the Kiyoshi White.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1386181468' post='8248013']
[/quote]

That's exactly the reason I didn't include the Oban family in my initial response. Most of their Kiyoshi options are north of $350 I believe. Having that as a no-upcharge option is not likely to happen, though it would be cool. I've heard nothing but good things out of the Kiyoshi White.
[/quote]

The Kiyoshi White is absolutely fabulous, true.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1386181246' post='8247983']
Isn't that partly the point of all the tech in the head, that a by-product of all the tech would negate the need for all the exotic shaft upcharges though? Don't get me want to do that, I'm not criticizing that at all, I'm just questioning the point of all the tech in the first place I guess.
[/quote]

I don't think that's the case.

Pretend it's the day before all of this stuff was announced. What you did was fit using a combination of clubhead, shaft, and loft to try to get as close as possible to an optimal set of launch conditions. Sometimes you had to make a compromise between launch angle and spin rate even after shafts are taken into account.

What the gravity core purports to do is to let you change the COG (and therefore the spin) without affecting the loft. So if your numbers are still off after going through the traditional fitting, this is an additional tweak. If you can get into the optimal range without it, you might do fine with a regular BB or some other club for that matter.

Remember too that different players prefer the feel of different shafts. This might let them keep the feel they want and still get a good fit.

[quote name='BlkNGld' timestamp='1386182504' post='8248095']
Isn't that partly the point of all the tech in the head, that a by-product of all the tech would negate the need for all the exotic shaft upcharges though? Don't get me want to do that, I'm not criticizing that at all, I'm just questioning the point of all the tech in the first place I guess.
[/quote]

Pretend it's the day before all of this stuff was announced. What you did was fit using a combination of clubhead, shaft, and loft to try to get as close as possible to an optimal set of launch conditions. Sometimes you had to make a compromise between launch angle and spin rate even after shafts are taken into account.

What the gravity core purports to do is to let you change the COG (and therefore the spin) without affecting the loft. So if your numbers are still off after going through the traditional fitting, this is an additional tweak. If you can get into the optimal range without it, you might do fine with a regular BB or some other club for that matter.

Remember too that different players prefer the feel of different shafts. This might let them keep the feel they want and still get a good fit.
[/quote]

Ah right I see, well thanks for the clarification. So what you are saying, is that the BB Alpha is really for somebody who can't be fit into an optimal range into any other Driver? All depends if the glass is half empty or half full in a players' eyes I suppose. I do totally accept that some Golfers who are feel based, prefer the feel of a certain type or weight of a shaft over another though. And that I concur with entirely. I still have a bit of an issue though, with the Golfer who is slightly inconsistent with his/her swing, as this makes all the gadgetry somewhat obsolete. The Golfer who has Tour Pro consistency, and his/her variables are narrow, then this Driver will be great for. But the more variable a Golfer swings the Club, and his/her consistency window is larger, well, I'm not totally convinced. As you say though, the standard BB could be the better option in some ways. But even that, I'm not sure what the virtue of having both, a Sliding weight and the weight ports together which apparently do the same job.

I have to add though none of this would prevent me from trying and even buying either Driver, if the thing turned out to be better than any other Driver on the market for me personally. I'm just not convinced by the value of all the tech though with any kind of inconsistency in ones swing. Having said all that, this could be argued at any adjustable Driver on the market I suppose.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1386183742' post='8248181']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah right I see, well thanks for the clarification. So what you are saying, is that the BB Alpha is really for somebody who can't be fit into an optimal range into any other Driver? All depends if the glass is half empty or half full in a players' eyes I suppose. I do totally accept that some Golfers who are feel based, prefer the feel of a certain type or weight of a shaft over another though. And that I concur with entirely. I still have a bit of an issue though, with the Golfer who is slightly inconsistent with his/her swing, as this makes all the gadgetry somewhat obsolete. The Golfer who has Tour Pro consistency, and his/her variables are narrow, then this Driver will be great for. But the more variable a Golfer swings the Club, and his/her consistency window is larger, well, I'm not totally convinced. As you say though, the standard BB could be the better option in some ways. But even that, I'm not sure what the virtue of having both, a Sliding weight and the weight ports together which apparently do the same job.

I have to add though none of this would prevent me from trying and even buying either Driver, if the thing turned out to be better than any other Driver on the market for me personally. I'm just not convinced by the value of all the tech though with any kind of inconsistency in ones swing. Having said all that, this could be argued at any adjustable Driver on the market I suppose.
[/quote]

Well, there are different way to look at it... for example, getting the fit in a range where the misses don't suffer so much, etc. I'm sure we could go around with valid point counterpoint.

You can have the same arguments around watches and how they all are pretty accurate these days, cars whose capabilities are wasted on the roads they're driven on, etc.

At the end of the day whether it's this club or some other, it comes down to where we put our value and where we choose to put our (hopefully) disposable income. For those of us that choose to do it with golf equipment, the arguments are probably more compelling.

I'm a techie, so I enjoy learning about the story behind the new gear and what it's supposed to do. Just because I can appreciate it though doesn't mean that it's going to work better for me.

For sure I'll try all of this new stuff Callaway is releasing. If it works better, then I'll weigh how much better it is given the price. If it's not, no worries, I know that what I have now isn't what's mainly keeping me from shooting lower scores even if it's not my perfect fit.

[quote name='BlkNGld' timestamp='1386185990' post='8248343']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1386183742' post='8248181']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, there are different way to look at it... for example, getting the fit in a range where the misses don't suffer so much, etc. I'm sure we could go around with valid point counterpoint.

You can have the same arguments around watches and how they all are pretty accurate these days, cars whose capabilities are wasted on the roads they're driven on, etc.

At the end of the day whether it's this club or some other, it comes down to where we put our value and where we choose to put our (hopefully) disposable income. For those of us that choose to do it with golf equipment, the arguments are probably more compelling.

I'm a techie, so I enjoy learning about the story behind the new gear and what it's supposed to do. Just because I can appreciate it though doesn't mean that it's going to work better for me.

For sure I'll try all of this new stuff Callaway is releasing. If it works better, then I'll weigh how much better it is given the price. If it's not, no worries, I know that what I have now isn't what's mainly keeping me from shooting lower scores even if it's not my perfect fit.
[/quote]

I think any argument can be compelling, just depends on who we are listening to, I suppose. It's all in the Marketing you know, and who chooses to listen to it.

I could sit here and give real world scenarios, that can prove one thing, but as you say, somebody else could put a different spin on it. Whether it would make me think again is a different matter, as I believe my arguments are sound, but as you say, somebody else could use their arguments, that they are equally sure of their soundness. That's the beauty of forums like this.

I could go on and on about experiences, but there is no virtue in it, if an individual is 100% sure of their arguments, and they believe a certain spin on things, I have to respect that, and always will.

For me, all the conjecture is somewhat irrelevant, because what matters to me is only one thing. Is it better than what I have, and does it enable me to play the game better to lower my scores. If it does, great, I'll buy it, if not, I won't. But until I try it, I'm not getting sucked in to all the Marketing and tech/gadget hype. I was just putting a different take on the tech hype, if people decide that I'm wrong, with or without trying it, that's cool with me, as it's their business and bank account.

For what it's worth, I think the new Cally drivers' are pretty good looking pieces of kit. I'll look forward to hitting them in due course.

Dang it man, I just got a RAZR Fit a few months ago. This new Big Bertha looks awesome!

Callaway RAZR Fit/10.5*/Aldila NV 65 S
Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme/Alidia Triniy S
Callaway 3Hy Diablo/Fuji Fit on E370 S
Ping 4Hy i15/Axivcore Tour Red S
RAZR X Forged 5-PW/ Project X Rifle 6.0
Wedges Callaway X Tour/ 52*, 56*, 60*
WITB Link

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1386136779' post='8245973']

[/quote]

Why must you continue to taunt me with the I just hit it comments, I am so jealous. We are normally a bit behind with product release here and being lefty its even harder again to get to hit the new stuff.
[/quote]
Sorry JB..just trying to give some feedback....if it helps didn't hit anything really well..working on the swing a bit and the stock shafts didn't help me at all..but good hits gave me alot of feedback on the heads and it said alot...but will have to wait for some heavier shafts...or get an Optiforce tip installed on one of my shafts to do some serious testing.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I still think these look great at address (from what I can tell from the pictures) but will be curious to see how they actually feel and perform, especially how the CG change in the Alpha could affect my numbers, seeing that I'm already a lower spin player with the driver in general.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='leo the lion' timestamp='1386133434' post='8245789']
I wonder how TMAG will counter these two releases??? TMAG will not just sit on their asses with what they've already got out there. They will make a move. Could be interesting. I did not make the transition from R1 to SLDR based purely on forgiveness on off center hits............R1 was far better (for me)..........and when I popped in a Kiyoshi white into that big black R1 head, I had a match made in heaven.

I had an all Callaway bag for 5 years and gradually it went to irons/hybrids only. Those X14 pro series irons are still a big fav of mine. I watched, helpless, as my beloved manufacturer Callaway fell by the wayside over a few years.........but now they are making a come-back and I can see them regaining market share with some great wood and iron offerings in 2014. Good on you Harry and I wish you and the team at Callaway all the best.............and I hope in the years to come that I can go back to having an all Callaway bag.
[/quote]
TM does not need to counter these two releases. The Big Bertha is going to be viewed by the golfing masses as Callaway's copy of the SLDR. By having the weight track along the rear of the driver head, this thing will have a completely different launch characteristics from the SLDR. The Big Bertha will probably be another high launcher with more spin than the SLDR.

As for the Alpha, one will probably need some serious game to play it to it's full potential.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

[quote name='is1ander' timestamp='1386306400' post='8256845']
What about Phil's driver with the CG closer to the face? Is that the BB Alpha?
[/quote]

The Alpha is more up Phil's alley as to what he would play.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I think callaway hit a home run on the Big Bertha line,being able to drop your ball speed is amazing! My concern is this, the average golfer would have to spend alittle time in launch monitor machine in order to get the club set up right to suit thier swing.just buying off the shelf and throwing it in your bag is not gonna give you full potential of this club,there are 4 diffrent points of adjustment and that can be confussing unless you have your swing/launch #'s to go off of. the adjustability of the club head is without a doubt a game changer, without the right club head adjustments this club would be frustrating to the average golfer. If callaway offered 4 diffrent shaft selections that would make buying this club less problematic and a easier decision for most.i think its safe to say callaway is definatley gonna have some of the top releases for the following year!

[quote name='fatkidracing2002' timestamp='1386334617' post='8257455']
I think callaway hit a home run on the Big Bertha line,being able to drop your ball speed is amazing! My concern is this, the average golfer would have to spend alittle time in launch monitor machine in order to get the club set up right to suit thier swing.just buying off the shelf and throwing it in your bag is not gonna give you full potential of this club,there are 4 diffrent points of adjustment and that can be confussing unless you have your swing/launch #'s to go off of. the adjustability of the club head is without a doubt a game changer, without the right club head adjustments this club would be frustrating to the average golfer. If callaway offered 4 diffrent shaft selections that would make buying this club less problematic and a easier decision for most.i think its safe to say callaway is definatley gonna have some of the top releases for the following year!
[/quote]

Hopefully Callaway won't be Marketing it as Driver that can drop your ball speed???? Lol.