Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Comments

• bodhi555bodhi555 Members Posts: 778 ✭✭

@pQQa said:

@bodhi555 said:
    Just to show you the utter frustration and madness I'm dealing with on the course at the moment - a few of you may be aware that I have always struggled with face to path issues, especially with anything longer than a 4 iron. Basically I take the club back inside, and then try to sort it out on the way down. If my timing is good I'll hit a rocket, if it isn't I will hit a sheep grazing 3 fields away. I've been working with my coach to fix it with mostly good results, but had a lesson last week, we did some backswing work, and now I am the proud owner of a pristine cow's **** and a banjo. I almost feel that I've gone the other way, and am taking the club back outside then cutting across on the way through, but anyway.

Just to show you how much it is hurting, I went for 18 holes yesterday morning before work. Was playing solo, so effectively marked two cards. One with provisionals off the tee, the other with mulligans (only off the tee). With provisionals I shot 86, with mulligans, 78. Had 3 birdies (no mulligans involved with them), lipped out for 2 more, and ended up with 29 putts for the day.

Oh, and it's Club Championship tomorrow, on a course with even less room off the tee than I played yesterday. I'm fully expecting to be out of the running by the 4th tee.

Loved the imagery! Laughed so hard it brought me to tears :smile: Living in Southern California, I'd have to hit an epic shank to hit a grazing sheep... but I'll be thinking of this the next time I do!

Haha when you've spent 30 years spraying and praying you need a sense of humour, otherwise you'd cry/give up golf.

I have played a few times around Goleta, didn't get any sheep, just a couple of rattlesnakes and a very irate bather on the beach at the bottom of the Sandpiper :lol:

And for those interested, I was out of Club Champ long before the 4th tee. Had a gutsy up and down for par on the first, then snap hooked a 3 wood into the cabbage on the second on my way to a quad bogey. So the 3 wood has been relegated to the naughty step, and I'm going to try the 2 iron / 3 Hybrid combo today.

Judging by the scores that have come in this morning, I need a gross 68 to win. Best Ive shot round here is 70, so could be fun.

The Blue Thunder: Nike Vapor Fly - 9.5 degree - Speeder Evolution 757X
    The Stenson: Titleist 917 F3 15 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 75X
    The Walking Stick: Titleist 818 H2 19 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 85X
    The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
    The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
    The Putter: Nike "The Oven" Method 003
    Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist AVX
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

• No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,314 ✭✭

@Nard_S said:
    Big fan of the Revolution's and Professional's also. Also liked the Precept balls. The HT's were/are decent, you can get NIB on eBay. Agree on how they check compare to modern too. Feel they also get grabbed by grain and breaks of green more. A Pro V just rolls truer, you can bang it more directly. I simply putt the best with those even compared to other modern stuff. Off the tee Bridgstone wins it for me.

What I miss about wound ball is added wind variability that is entailed in using them. In any direction, down, up, draw or fade side, there's more calculus to the shots. More so than modern balls. I actually enjoy "wind golf". As a family we ritually go out to Cape Cod every year and I play a links course there where 25mph is just average. Complete fun is to launch a 7 iron 30 yards left of green edge, let the wind take it over to a center cut flag.

Although I agree, I'm sorry I can't bring myself like this comment because I hated the wind when I was a junior and playing wound balls! However, there certainly is some fun to be had playing those balls in the wind that the modern ball doesn't provide. I've played a couple of rounds recently in pretty windy weather, and both times overestimated the effect of the wind on the modern ball. I just can't get over my memories as a junior of watching my ball get carried away into the woods by a massive gust of wind.
    The advance in golf ball technology probably amazes me the most, more even than the big-headed drivers and modern steel and graphite shaft improvements.

Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • Nard_SNard_S Members Posts: 3,261 ✭✭

I certainly do not want to go back to Tour 100 wounds, really like how the HT, Revolution or Professional's strike the balance a bit better. Toughest setup I had was playing Tour 100's and Ping Eye's. Ram Tour';s and Precept's ala Nick Price was easier. Play Pro V X1 now because they come closest the aforementioned but they are better 100 feet in. I enjoy shaping shots and my head is more in the game when there's obvious wind and have to do more math. Taken me a real long time to understand that what's going on at tree top is a lot more severe then what you can feel on the tee box, I generally make good decisions now because of that. So I'll take the variability of high spin & wind in exchange for warping the ball around a bit more. If it's breezy it's all the more fun.

• BigmeanBigmean Everything is Relative Members Posts: 4,943 ✭✭

My bro and I used to sneak out in on this nice private course by our house before hurricanes, we called it “ACG” (all conditions golf. So hurricanes come slow and you start getting bands hours before you need to hunker down. And in that time in general the weather is very tropical. It is the best time to play, during a band one time hit a stinger 1 iron into it, it was low then elevatored at the end and bounced back toward us like 10 yards when it hit the fairway, I will never forget that shot, it was just so awesome. Wound balls for sure at that time.

Ryoma Maxima 9.5*/Quadra Fire Express
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Roddio 21* hybrid/Tour AD DI75
    Miura 1957 small blades/Nippon 1150 tours
    Wilson Staff V4 tour modus 130
    Mizuno MP-14/DG300-raw finish
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
    Gold's Factory custom original flat-stick amongst a couple dozen others.

Good news bad news on drivers. Clearing my hips helps but not lightning in a bottle off the tee, I am just so close, the face is on the baby fade path I want but it is closing a fraction too soon. When I try to make that not happen next shot is big push slice. I am just better off pull yanking it and coming through. The misses were for the most part not the 30 yards off line I am accustomed to popping up and had more consistency of sorts.

Good news, no shafts broke through rigorous hitting lol. The big positive, I freed myself up a lot with hip clearing. Biggest numbers I have ever had in sim, maybe the high tech shafts help, but 5 balls over 300 with a 311 being my top. Lots in the 280+ plus range. I think this is more than anything my problem. Maybe it was new toys and I got in this mode where back was good and I wanted to see what I could get out of them, but the best way I can described what happened last night is this. When I first got the sim I read people talking about swinging slower inside and you need to lose sight of that. Your body does it automatically, you are not in a big open store, it is a small area with bikes and chairs and things in your vicinity yet impossible to hit, but your brain puts a restraint that is subconscious for I would say a good month to finally break through where your Brian identifies that spot in the garage the same as an open fairway and you are swinging real.

I feel like in my persuit of big numbers and new toys and firing hips and just trying to get speed through the ball, I lost that restraint my Brian has had on driver subconsciously. Now I wasn’t murdering straight bombs, but I wasn’t shanking or missing a fairway over. My only big misses had a planned thought to control a direction. I think I need to just got on tees with the attitude I don’t care where it goes but it is going far, only focus on far, and be surprised that the dispersion is much better as a result of taking Brian off the direction detail. Does that make sense?

913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59

I only got 1 300 with the masda and it was on the button, but this is a fun fact as it has come up here and NR is a proponent. This was with a shaft inadvertently tipped 1.25”,
    And I haven’t measured but I am guessing it is playing at like 43”, maybe 43.25”. I am only adding 1” as that seems to be right for a shorter lower launching type option.

I am not a 300yd driver anymore, they are few and far between these days (hopefully
    That is over maybe?) so for me
    To to get it on the dot with a chopped shaft that is 2+” shorter than what is sold with best tech blah blah blah really hammers home the “tech” and “performance specs” perspective...

It’s the swing stupid!!!!!! Always has been always will be...

913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,354 ✭✭
    edited Jun 10, 2019 4:27pm #19238

It's funny, I think the marketing can seep into your brain, even when you know better. As mentioned a couple days ago, I had to demonstrate to myself again that 60ish gram shafts are bad for me, and that 45" driver length doesn't really give me anything. The tee shots on the 17th hole (in my post on previous page) that went into the bunker were no longer than what I've been hitting this year with my 43.5" or 43.25" drivers. And, not much longer than I've been hitting the 3w.

Which is merely more evidence that my swing, specifically the driver swing, is out of whack.

The iron swing is coming around. The shot I'd hit for the ace was 206 yards with a TP MC 3 iron, Friday I hit the FX 3 iron off the tee with a Maxfli HT and got 220 out of it. Same wind in both cases, clubs are same loft and same DGS. The TP MC is a quarter inch longer, negligible.

Maybe I'll be able to translate those results to driver?

Month or so ago, played with a guy I used to play a lot with. He commented how I was hitting the ball so much shorter, asking what happened to my distance, LOL. I guess back issues and meniscus tears are not conducive to distance on the golf course. ;)

Post edited by NRJyzr on
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭

What are we saying about the looks of the new titleist blades? I love the clean look personally.

Cobra F9 Tour Length
    2016 TM M1 T3 12.5°
    TEE CBX 119 16° hybrid
    Cobra F9 4 Iron Ricke Special
    Miura CB57 5-PW
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    Odyssey Armlock

@Golfingfanatic said:
    What are we saying about the looks of the new titleist blades? I love the clean look personally.

Only seen the marketing pic, but they do look good. However, I'd like to see what they look like at address. [
    The picture of the back that I saw reminded me a bit of the MP33s, and that's no bad thing.

@Bigmean said:
    My bro and I used to sneak out in on this nice private course by our house before hurricanes, we called it “ACG” (all conditions golf. So hurricanes come slow and you start getting bands hours before you need to hunker down. And in that time in general the weather is very tropical. It is the best time to play, during a band one time hit a stinger 1 iron into it, it was low then elevatored at the end and bounced back toward us like 10 yards when it hit the fairway, I will never forget that shot, it was just so awesome. Wound balls for sure at that time.

When I was junior, I would play in just about any weather: sleet, snow, hail, just about anything. The only thing that would keep me off the course was lightening, because I was obsessed, but not dumb. I even played in fog so thick you couldn't see more than 20 yards ahead. I wasn't worried about getting beaned by someone else's ball because I knew no one else would be playing in that.
    Anyhow, one day I went out with my brother in an absolute gale. The first few holes played downwind, so we were hitting short irons into the par five second. Then we came to the 5th. A long par five right into the prevailing wind. I teed up my low to try and hit a stinger, but instead chopped down into the ball and skied it. I remember watching the ball balloon up, then turn back, and watching it get blown back towards us. I actually had to jump out of the way as it ended up a 2 or 3 yards behind me.

We packed up and called it a day after that.

• revanantrevanant Members Posts: 186 ✭✭

@bodhi555 said:
    Just to show you the utter frustration and madness I'm dealing with on the course at the moment - a few of you may be aware that I have always struggled with face to path issues, especially with anything longer than a 4 iron. Basically I take the club back inside, and then try to sort it out on the way down. If my timing is good I'll hit a rocket, if it isn't I will hit a sheep grazing 3 fields away. I've been working with my coach to fix it with mostly good results, but had a lesson last week, we did some backswing work, and now I am the proud owner of a pristine cow's **** and a banjo. I almost feel that I've gone the other way, and am taking the club back outside then cutting across on the way through, but anyway.

Just to show you how much it is hurting, I went for 18 holes yesterday morning before work. Was playing solo, so effectively marked two cards. One with provisionals off the tee, the other with mulligans (only off the tee). With provisionals I shot 86, with mulligans, 78. Had 3 birdies (no mulligans involved with them), lipped out for 2 more, and ended up with 29 putts for the day.

Oh, and it's Club Championship tomorrow, on a course with even less room off the tee than I played yesterday. I'm fully expecting to be out of the running by the 4th tee.

I'd be curious if something like the zepp golf training aid would be an effective tool for figuring out swing path issues. I may be moving from my own apartment soon, and I've been trying to figure out cheap ways of getting my apartment simulator data that I've gotten used to. The thing I care most about is my swing path, as I always want to know if my ball flight is a swing path or face issue.

If you want to buy it/test it, would love to hear your results.

Admittedly, I'd understand if being a guinea pig isn't the most attractive proposition. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Zepp-Golf-3D-Swing-Analyzer/dp/B01CL9802W

Cobra King LTD
    Cobra Amp Cell 3W
    Cobra F6 Baffler 5W
    Mizuno MP-4 w/ Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54-10 M
    Mizuno JPX 58-14
    Ping Redwood D66

Played 1st full 18 of season, it was 4 ball but 2 of the golfers touch a ball once a year at this tourney. We did well, considering. Bulk of drives used were mine, I drained 4 birds, 2 outside 20'. Hit a lot of greens (over 10), best shot was a knocked 9i to 128 center, hit the back center of the green, caught the back stop ball spun & kicked right & back 20' to within 6' of cup. Wish I could say i called it, but frankly do not know course enough or can stay I'm that smart. But it was awesome nonetheless. Only had one hole where wheels were off, the rest was more than fine. Maruman blades and S400's rocks my world, Mizuno MP metals are just as glorious, cannot wait to get out there again. Gratifying that range work is really paying off with competent looking play.

• Christen_The_SloopChristen_The_Sloop Members Posts: 1,262 ✭✭

So hit the new driver at the range the other night. I can't hit a hook with it. Can't even draw it. This is very very unusual. Straight with a slight draw is my bread and butter. i'm thinking to take a half inch of the butt, as it feels long, add a little lead at the other end and that should weaken the shaft a hair and then it should be a champ. Really like the feel with it compared to the Titleist 915D3. Put it down to the shaft. i don't feel like I can over power it, like the Tour AD MJ6X. I did hit a lot of bombs with the previous shaft, but we had issues.

I took my Tourstage MR23 CBs out with X100s and I was really liking them too. Again, fades. Soft. Rather towering. Fades. Slight grip change seems to be working, I seem to have a higher, Montgomeryesque finish and I think it will fit me well playing over here in Japan, if I can just stick with it.

D - Bridgestone Tour B XD-5 Speeder Evolution II 661x
    15 - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6x
    18 - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder Evolution II 757x
    22 - Mizuno CLK Daimana Thump 90X
    3-PW - Mizuno TN87 Modus3 120S
    54 - KM Miura (nickel chrome)
    58 - Miura Special Edition (raw)
    60 - Ping Eye2 XG / Ping Eye2 BECU
  • NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭

I had my wife and daughter fully onboard with a fathers day purchase of the new Wilson Staff tour blades. They felt amazing. Then the pics of the clean Titleist 620MB's came out. Oh man I can't make my mind up. no forged MB stamp makes them look CLEAN.

CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TAYLORMADE - M1 HZRDUS
    TITLEIST - 906 F 13*
    MIZUNO - MMC FLIHI 2 IRON*
    MIZUNO - MP32  3-PW
    CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 56*, 60*
    SCOTTY - Bullseye

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭

@NixLix26 said:
    I had my wife and daughter fully onboard with a fathers day purchase of the new Wilson Staff tour blades. They felt amazing. Then the pics of the clean Titleist 620MB's came out. Oh man I can't make my mind up. no forged MB stamp makes them look CLEAN.

Tough one that but I think its almost a win/win situation!

Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,354 ✭✭

@NixLix26 said:

Original plan is the way to go. Wilson Staff is a win!

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • JonesyJonesy Members Posts: 1,537 ✭✭

@NixLix26 said:

I'd stick with the Wilsons, their overall profile looks like perfection... that straight muscle as well...

Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
    Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
    Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
    Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
    Scotty Cameron Newport

@Nard_S said:
    Played 1st full 18 of season, it was 4 ball but 2 of the golfers touch a ball once a year at this tourney. We did well, considering. Bulk of drives used were mine, I drained 4 birds, 2 outside 20'. Hit a lot of greens (over 10), best shot was a knocked 9i to 128 center, hit the back center of the green, caught the back stop ball spun & kicked right & back 20' to within 6' of cup. Wish I could say i called it, but frankly do not know course enough or can stay I'm that smart. But it was awesome nonetheless. Only had one hole where wheels were off, the rest was more than fine. Maruman blades and S400's rocks my world, Mizuno MP metals are just as glorious, cannot wait to get out there again. Gratifying that range work is really paying off with competent looking play.

In my persimmon bag, I've just put in some old Mizunos that I got reshafted with DGS400s. They're heavy, but produce the goods. Stable, like the X100s, but easier to elevate in the longer irons (though some of that might be down to head design). So far, I like them.

Staffs....

Got my second scramble this weekend. Feeling like driver swing is coming around, irons easily worst part of game now but I was throwing darts on sim with onoff scoring irons. I may bring them out this weekend...

913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,835 ✭✭

Friends don't let friends play Titleist. Those Wilsons are combat ready.

Wyoming Cowboys

@No_Catchy_Nickname said:

@Nard_S said:

In my persimmon bag, I've just put in some old Mizunos that I got reshafted with DGS400s. They're heavy, but produce the goods. Stable, like the X100s, but easier to elevate in the longer irons (though some of that might be down to head design). So far, I like them.

I have slight issues on getting full pop with the long irons ( do not really practice 3i & 4i near enough) but other than that they are the best shafts I've gone with. The ball is on rails and can pick & hold a real tight line with some fade bias which my eye likes on approach shots. Knock downs and the in-between yardage shots are exceptional. They are pulling my swing in a great direction of taming over swing and getting more efficient torso rotation to impact because of the high kick profile. Rifle's I can over swing all day with them, these, do not tolerate it. I'll get high spin , high launch where bullet trajectory and spin abounding is their real calling. They have helped me to tame Driver swing and in part it's why I'm doing much better with big dog too. I expend 90% of range practice swinging with "connection " now. where I would once just bang it to the moon and groove that mess. DG profile has imposed that greater discipline.The S400 is right flavor of that for me at this point, but even S300 SL's are working better too.

@revanant said:

@bodhi555 said:

I'd be curious if something like the zepp golf training aid would be an effective tool for figuring out swing path issues. I may be moving from my own apartment soon, and I've been trying to figure out cheap ways of getting my apartment simulator data that I've gotten used to. The thing I care most about is my swing path, as I always want to know if my ball flight is a swing path or face issue.

Admittedly, I'd understand if being a guinea pig isn't the most attractive proposition. ;)

As you may have read from the fitting thread I started, it appears that I can straighten things up, simply by gripping the club properly. It's looking as if a weak left hand was causing the power fade, and the snap hook as I tried all I could to prevent the ball going right. Oh, and some new woods from a company that shall not be named ;)

Could have done with finding that out a week ago, smh.

@Nard_S said:

@Nard_S said:

I have slight issues on getting full pop with the long irons ( do not really practice 3i & 4i near enough) but other than that they are the best shafts I've gone with. The ball is on rails and can pick & hold a real tight line with some fade bias which my eye likes on approach shots. Knock downs and the in-between yardage shots are exceptional. They are pulling my swing in a great direction of taming over swing and getting more efficient torso rotation to impact because of the high kick profile. Rifle's I can over swing all day with them, these, do not tolerate it. I'll get high spin , high launch where bullet trajectory and spin abounding is their real calling. They have helped me to tame Driver swing and in part it's why I'm doing much better with big dog too. I expend 90% of range practice swinging with "connection " now. where I would once just bang it to the moon and groove that mess. DG profile has imposed that greater discipline.The S400 is right flavor of that for me at this point, but even S300 SL's are working better too.

I hear you on the holding a tight line. That's been a real eye-opener. I've noticed a big difference in left/right (mostly left in my case...) dispersion between my Mizunos with S400s and different Mizunos with S200 shafts. The S200 just continue to turn over too much, whereas the S400s seem to fight that.
    As for long irons, the S400 has enough of a kick to get my 4i up nicely in the air without me having to work it too much. With X100s, I always feel I need to work it too hard to get the desired ball flight.

@bodhi555 said:

@revanant said:

@bodhi555 said:

As you may have read from the fitting thread I started, it appears that I can straighten things up, simply by gripping the club properly. It's looking as if a weak left hand was causing the power fade, and the snap hook as I tried all I could to prevent the ball going right. Oh, and some new woods from a company that shall not be named ;)

I read that thread. Did you work out why you picked up 5mph with the older driver? I wondered if it was down to a problem with the machine's sensors picking up the club head. Were you hitting out on to a range? In other words, could you actually see your ball flight?

@bodhi555 said:

@revanant said:

@bodhi555 said:

I read that thread. Did you work out why you picked up 5mph with the older driver? I wondered if it was down to a problem with the machine's sensors picking up the club head. Were you hitting out on to a range? In other words, could you actually see your ball flight?

I didn't sadly, and it was an indoor simulator with GC2, so may not have worked the SS out properly, ball speed was definitely up though, and I felt like I could really lean on it and still get great results. I used the same sim to get fit for my hybrid, and the ball flight I see on the course is very similar to that on GC2. Can't wait to pick it up to find out though :)

Crazy thing was it wasn't the driver I picked that speed up with, it was a 3 wood off the deck, giving identical numbers to my current Driver. I suspect old blue faithfuls will be getting retired to the backup bag very shortly :)

• NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭

@jwhite86 said:

Took the plunge... They have been sitting on the shelf locally for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm going to try to clean them up, and they need new grips... but I'm going to give them a go

Sweet, I have a pristine set 3-PW, just because you are taking the plunge, I will pull mine out of the closet and put them in the bag as well. Cheers.

CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TAYLORMADE - M1 HZRDUS
    TITLEIST - 906 F 13*
    MIZUNO - MMC FLIHI 2 IRON*
    MIZUNO - MP32  3-PW
    CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 56*, 60*
    SCOTTY - Bullseye

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

@bodhi555 said:

@bodhi555 said:

@revanant said:

@bodhi555 said:

I didn't sadly, and it was an indoor simulator with GC2, so may not have worked the SS out properly, ball speed was definitely up though, and I felt like I could really lean on it and still get great results. I used the same sim to get fit for my hybrid, and the ball flight I see on the course is very similar to that on GC2. Can't wait to pick it up to find out though :)

Crazy thing was it wasn't the driver I picked that speed up with, it was a 3 wood off the deck, giving identical numbers to my current Driver. I suspect old blue faithfuls will be getting retired to the backup bag very shortly :)

Will we one day see you with an all T****ist bag? Surely not!

@bodhi555 said:

@bodhi555 said:

@revanant said:

@bodhi555 said:

Will we one day see you with an all T****ist bag? Surely not!

Highly highly unlikely :) can't see the VR Pros or Engage Wedges going anywhere soon. Plus I've just tried the correct grip at the range and spent my time with the Driver knocking it over the fence at the back with a slight draw, so it can stay for now.

Folks, not sure if you've seen but I've been requested on another thread not to mention the **** Blades any more, which is a shame as I enjoyed talking about all sorts of bladey goodness, and how they relate to the staple in my bag.

Still, nice weather we've been having isn't it?

(I lie, it hasn't stopped raining since Monday and all the local courses are shut)