Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1421016874' post='10728779']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1421016046' post='10728685']
On the plus side, even when you have a massive blow up you are still doing it with blades. :)
[/quote]

Love it.
[/quote]

This is the main reason I am done trying to use perimeter weighted clubs, the bottom line doesn't change. Garbage in, garbage out, can't buy your way out of that!

I did however just impulse buy these!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Byron-Nelson-REG-68-3-FORGED-1-SW-DG-S400-Leather-Grips-/331436871111?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=n4AVQTi59VkSUw6Joo0moMcFsiA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't know why, but I was watching football, playing on my iPad, I had no desire to add any irons any time soon, and I just searched for this set as it is on my radar to occasionally look for, and low and behold, 1 bid a $99 with 2 hours left and no one watching. So I didn't watch to alert the original bidder, kept watching football and stressing on my fanduel lineups and cooking some fish curry from scratch, and time came up and I came in and got them for that. 1-SW no less. It was such a steal I am really already tempted to refinish them like I did my mp14s, and I bet that would be the only set in the work like that. I am pretty stoked right now, and winning money in fanduel, and about to eat some awesome curry..... What a way to finish off the weekend! :)

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421018825' post='10728949']
On the plus side, even when you have a massive blow up you are still doing it with blades. :)
[/quote]

Love it.
[/quote]

This is the main reason I am done trying to use perimeter weighted clubs, the bottom line doesn't change. Garbage in, garbage out, can't buy your way out of that!

I did however just impulse buy these!

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Byron-Nelson-REG-68-3-FORGED-1-SW-DG-S400-Leather-Grips-/331436871111?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=n4AVQTi59VkSUw6Joo0moMcFsiA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc[/url]

I don't know why, but I was watching football, playing on my iPad, I had no desire to add any irons any time soon, and I just searched for this set as it is on my radar to occasionally look for, and low and behold, 1 bid a $99 with 2 hours left and no one watching. So I didn't watch to alert the original bidder, kept watching football and stressing on my fanduel lineups and cooking some fish curry from scratch, and time came up and I came in and got them for that. 1-SW no less. It was such a steal I am really already tempted to refinish them like I did my mp14s, and I bet that would be the only set in the work like that. I am pretty stoked right now, and winning money in fanduel, and about to eat some awesome curry..... What a way to finish off the weekend! :)
[/quote]

awesome pickup man.... s400 shafts are worth nearly that ..... I scratched my itch this afternoon as well.... hit the farther away play it again sports as I have looked in on the close one too much lately ...Ran across a set of B-stone J33 irons with rifle 6.5 shafts...3-pw no browning..some bag chatter but that's it...whopping $63 after tax... score! already hit some balls at home.... very sweet set... really liking the shafts feel... sickness I tell you ..its a sickness

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[/quote]

Love it.
[/quote]

Hahaha, nice scores guys, so we all have the disease. $63 is the only thing sicker than that!

I got a set of mp37s over thanksgiving visiting my inlaws I didn't really know what I was going to do with at the flea market for $70. Now that I got these on the way, I think I am going to sell those off starting the bidding at $50 and not put a penny into them. I am really excited for these.

If I understand correctly (and I don't because not much info on these) they are joe Powell designed (as stated by master collector old player), were forged in japan by kyoei, and there is a set that has been on eBay forever in new condition for $1500. Joe Powell...... kyoei.......1-SW.......yes please! I hope the shafts don't have much rust or peeling but I won't care much if they do, and I can just regrip and loft lie adjust. Would I be stupid to make these raw?

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420994371' post='10726895']That is true now that you mention it. I could go to a course and shoot 88 with my mp14s in the 90s and no one would think twice, bag boys didn't look twice at them etc. Now if I shoot an 88 with any of my sets I would be ridiculed by about anyone. After one of my rounds with the fourteen fh1000, the bag boy made a comment like "holy crap man, these are butter knives" which thank god the scorecard that day left in the cart had a 78 on it, which was one of my first subconscience thoughts after he said it, I had to think for a split second to remember what I shot knowing if he saw an 83 he would think I was some wannabe, which is really sad in itself. Also what is funny is that the fh1000 are far from butter knives, they look like pings next to my other sets, but he literally never sees traditional clubs anymore and acted like it was persimmon in the bag.

That story about your nephew is very telling as to what has happened from 80s/90s and the 2000s. My good friend can't break 90, but is right there. He is good enough to do it, but has blow ups and a mental number barrier I think. He hits my mizunos better than his GI TM whatever's at the range, I told him they were his for 6 months as an experiment, but he had to stick with them, but his bad shots make him think he can't game them, when in reality his bad shots are just as bad with his clubs but he doesn't feel it the same. I also watch him hit them better, but he still tells me he can't play them. What is funny is the thing he likes most about them and always says is how he doesn't feel the ground, he is so used to bouncing his clubs into the ball or after that he really isn't feeling what a proper strike is, he feels ball ground or ground ball, but never isolates the ball and where on the club.

I think it is disingenuous for major oem marketing to determine someone on the verge of breaking 90 can't use that feel to get better and just needs it to go as far as possible on and endless cycle of bad shots. He is cheap, I think I may bet him $100 if he uses my mizzys for 3 months and nothing else when we play and practice this summer that he will break 90, if he doesn't I pay, if he does, we are even and he learned something. I like the idea of the experiment.[/quote]

Great comments!
For the bet why not bet that you find and buy him a decent set mizzy used! They usually run $150 max $200 that would really get the juices going for him to take it seriously!!

Titleist TS4 10.5 project x smoke 6.5
Taylormade m6 5 wood project x smoke 6.5
Titleist 910H (Diamana Blue 60S, 21degree)
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW s300
Titleist sm7 chrome (54, wedge flex)
Titleist sm5 raw (58, wedge flex)
Odyssey white hot #8 34"
Ball (donations found in the trees)
Titleist 4up stand bag
Nike TW20 

Cool thread Bigmean,

I like so many here love golf. Playing and practicing the game. Hitting balls period! I put a lot of wear and tear on them. Have hit blades all my life. Tried to hit the other kind, won't go into to detail (keep it positive). My biggest motivation when playing the game is to create shots with my irons. Playing well with this type of iron requires focus and dedication and the payoff is awesome (keeping in mind that there are a lot of great players that don't play blades). I think it is great when players that aren't sure whether they are good enough or not to game blades choose to play blades. Blades are great way to challenge yourself. This is an image of the 5 irons from my current set and my last set (MP-4 and MP-67). I plan on putting a wear mark on the new one! Oops, messed up the image. Will try again.

TM M2
TM SLDR 3-W
TM SLDR Hybrid
Mizuno MP-4 3-W C-Taper X
SM6 50
MACK D 58
Daddy Long Legs
Chrome Soft/Titleist AVX

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1420838717' post='10717707']
My name is.....Jon..... LOL....

shoot in the mid to low 80's pretty regularly, I alternate between my JPX's and my Nike Blades.....why? Because I can thats why LOL! Nah seriously though with the sun and the rain.....the heavy winds.....the 2 different clubs with 2 different shafts let me get the best of both worlds.....So instead of making the game harder, I have made it easier for me!

I have a 2 iron in my Nike blades that I love using off the tee.....it is the most amazing feel when you pure one and to say that I can hit a 2 iron which the head is smaller than the golf ball is an ego boosting, chest thumping accomplishment in my book.

Other than that, I pay X amount of green fees.....I am going to have fun..... so If I want to feel like Tiger Woods or Rory Mcilroy for the day while using blades then so be it......its my money and I will do whatever I want to make the most out of it!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yep... till your wife finds out you're spending 'her' money. :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421083139' post='10732487']
Ss928' that wear mark size and starting 3 grooves up is about the most intimidating thing you could possibly see in someone's bag. Wow.
[/quote]

Not sure if I intimidated her, but those were the marks I showed my wife when I put forward my case to purchase the 4's. It worked!

TM M2
TM SLDR 3-W
TM SLDR Hybrid
Mizuno MP-4 3-W C-Taper X
SM6 50
MACK D 58
Daddy Long Legs
Chrome Soft/Titleist AVX

My wife is not intimidated by anything golf related except the mess in my garage :)

I am getting so excited to get my weekend score I think about it at work. I cannot find anything about them on the internet whatsoever which just makes me want to hit them even more, just eBay listings past and present and this snippet which seems to be the extent of any info in them on the entire interwebs from some website with older blades:

"Byron Nelson 68.3
The only true forging ever made by Cleveland. Commemorates the 1945 season when Byron Nelson's stroke average was 68.3 and he won fourteen tournaments, eleven in a row. This is a muscle back blade with a great shape. They are scarce. Once in a while a used set will come up on eBay for around $350 but if a collector gets a hold of them, you won't get them for less than $500.

Most of the originals came with S-400 shafts, choice of the professionals and better amateurs. This is a very good choice for remanufacture and play."

I really don't want to be a club hoarder beyond reason, well, golfwrx reason not my wife's idea of reason, so I think I may sell my taylormades as well as the mp37s to add one set and lose 2. I won't get much at all for them, but I think I need to keep the stable lean and mean, and if one day there are 15 really mean sets of which all are too stunning to leave, then so be it I guess. Does anyone else feel torn between loving having sets and wanting to only keep a rational number of them? I want to find a balance where I can enjoy and play what I have, leave room to add only special clubs, and just only err on the side of Ho by a modest amount.

OR......

Do I listen to the little red me on my left shoulder and just build out a wall unit in the garage that is ready to receive about 25 sets and just unashamedly whore it up?

Ps-I am not doing option 2 unless those 25 sets are all some kind of holy grail collection of clubs.

Played the titleist 690 mb for six years - loved them but last year I wanted to see what the cb fuss was all about, bought the x2 hots played >20 rounds and picked up a set of Nike VR pro blades! For me, I want to know I hit the sweet spot- I truly believe that's how you improve... Feel! Just had my blades custom adjusted with project x 6.0 flights and found out I needed them flattened two degrees! Just picked them up today and I've never been so accurate on the monitor ! Just need the snow to leave!!

My babies...

protoclose2.jpg

I prefer muscleback/blade profiles, I live in texas with its tight turf and I take divots so the thinner soles work better for me and I love the way they feel.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421187568' post='10741447']
My wife is not intimidated by anything golf related except the mess in my garage :)

I am getting so excited to get my weekend score I think about it at work. I cannot find anything about them on the internet whatsoever which just makes me want to hit them even more, just eBay listings past and present and this snippet which seems to be the extent of any info in them on the entire interwebs from some website with older blades:

"Byron Nelson 68.3
The only true forging ever made by Cleveland. Commemorates the 1945 season when Byron Nelson's stroke average was 68.3 and he won fourteen tournaments, eleven in a row. This is a muscle back blade with a great shape. They are scarce. Once in a while a used set will come up on eBay for around $350 but if a collector gets a hold of them, you won't get them for less than $500.

Most of the originals came with S-400 shafts, choice of the professionals and better amateurs. This is a very good choice for remanufacture and play."

I really don't want to be a club hoarder beyond reason, well, golfwrx reason not my wife's idea of reason, so I think I may sell my taylormades as well as the mp37s to add one set and lose 2. I won't get much at all for them, but I think I need to keep the stable lean and mean, and if one day there are 15 really mean sets of which all are too stunning to leave, then so be it I guess. Does anyone else feel torn between loving having sets and wanting to only keep a rational number of them? I want to find a balance where I can enjoy and play what I have, leave room to add only special clubs, and just only err on the side of Ho by a modest amount.

OR......

Do I listen to the little red me on my left shoulder and just build out a wall unit in the garage that is ready to receive about 25 sets and just unashamedly whore it up?

Ps-I am not doing option 2 unless those 25 sets are all some kind of holy grail collection of clubs.
[/quote]

you could be "special" (my wifes word for me) like me....Im so superstitious I rarely will take another set of irons out to the course.. My mp68s are showing their age in the short irons and even the full cords have my hand prints engrained into them...just comfortable I guess.. But I have this fear of taking a new set out and playing badly and "wasting" a round . if that makes sense...even though I know better... Now that being said..heres the Rub.... I also have the urge to hoard up every cool or rare set I see. Now the problem with that should be obvious. I end up with sets of gorgeous irons I wont use... I know..."special" ..... I just don't like change is what it boils down to and that's a weird trait for a club Hoe to have...Every now and then ill purge a few sets and then regret sets in....its a sickness...Ive threatened lately to sell or give away them all...But I know what that will lead to . A
huge buying spree!

edit----im not talking new irons here...Im a bargain shopper..lol

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I do wonder if the blade v cavity technological debate is carried out anywhere else? Tennis players using older racquet's, mountainbikers riding hardtails etc etc.

I still have my Spalding Tour Edition blades, I have no real desire to use them, they are about 2 degrees weaker than current Titleist irons, and maybe 4 degrees on most current sets. They seem easy enough to hit reshafted, but they do look awfully small behind the ball. I've had J33's which were good looking, but aren't conforming. The new Bridgestones look good but are going to be [i]expensive. [/i]So I don't think I'll be changing.

Blade hunter, that is me. That is why I have had my mp 14s for so long and refinished them when they were wearing out. I play enough with friends that are not that great to where I will enjoy my sets once or twice a year though but not if I have 8 of them. At the same time, any sets I really covet or desire to have are things like what I just got for $150, or maybe I will spring for some used JDM stuff as I am really digging some of that, but everything new is very meh to me and I have no interest. Then I get this stuff, and fortunately to be in this spot in life, like blade hunter said, I get more joy in having it even not using it than the little money I could resell it for.

I am the same breed of Ho since my Miuras will see every round I half way care about unless I struggle 2 round in a row and need a placebo and without hesitation only the mp 14s will move to the bag with zero consideration of others. I don't know, I just really appreciate clubs, I think I just need to really get discriminating on what I grab or not, like those Nelson's, that is something cool no one has.

[quote name='Mudguard' timestamp='1421217069' post='10743863']
I do wonder if the blade v cavity technological debate is carried out anywhere else? Tennis players using older racquet's, mountainbikers riding hardtails etc etc.

I still have my Spalding Tour Edition blades, I have no real desire to use them, they are about 2 degrees weaker than current Titleist irons, and maybe 4 degrees on most current sets. They seem easy enough to hit reshafted, but they do look awfully small behind the ball. I've had J33's which were good looking, but aren't conforming. The new Bridgestones look good but are going to be [i]expensive. [/i]So I don't think I'll be changing.
[/quote]

Which is better shows up in gun groups, road bikes, cigars, single malt and exotic sports cars groups, etc. Pretty much anywhere people congrigate to talk about "X", they debate which is better. Difference however, least in the groups I mention above, where I am a member, people thankfully do not behave like some Golfwrx posters. Mostly because we meet face to face.

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

When I joined here last summer I was pretty shocked by this. Obviously you all know what I like, but I have always had a cb set and this will be the first year I have a cb set I really am not comfortable with and won't game but a few times. What I was blown away by, is not the "which is better" healthy debate, but the loads of misinformation slung by the other side. To me, listing the positives and negatives of each should seem to be something most everyone could vaguely agree on, but even that is heavily contentious here. When you read threads where someone like blade hunter for example, is involved and "everyone" told blade mishits will be 15 yards shorter, and sting your hands so bad you will need medical attention and even if you are scratch you would be +2 and my favorite that "most pros can't play blades for best score so you definitely can't" it is mind boggling.

I mean, there are guys that are seriously good golfers, being told things about what they use, that they know are not true, and it is an onslaught of debate. I am on a big forum for photography, another hobby I have, and guys argue about minutia between 2 $1500 lenses, but overall everyone is more or less civil and accepts that while they like one because of X, the other is clearly a capable tool and result is predominantly predetermined by usage and settings. I imagine most other interest forums are similar to that, with fanatics, but even fanatics with any experience know enough to know the debate over product X is still way down on the list of importance.

I think that the problem with golf is the marketing from the companies. Canon doesn't release a $3,000 lens and tell you your pictures will be 20% better. They tell you what optical tech they put in it, and what it excels at. In golf, we are told in brainwashing fashion that new product X adds 15 yards, has a tighter shot pattern, is farther and straighter in misses, turbulators increase mph head speed, bubble shafts do whatever the hell they do etc.

As much as everyone here acts like they understand it is marketing, all the years of all that "proven technical advancement statistics" that is the white noise of every golf advertisement, all the money spent on tour endorsements, that YOU pay for with every purchase, and I think people really do believe on some level a fair portion of it, and that belief is most exposed when discussing blades vs. Cbs because the blade iron flys its middle finger in the face of the last 15 years of talk and continues to walk the walk despite the noise. I can fully understand people not playing blades, but I can't comprehend how the objective pros and cons of each are not clearly agreed upon by both sides, and ones decision to choose one or both in many cases, is not at least understood by the other side despite their own personal preference. Healthy debate can't happen when objective, rational and experienced opinions cannot be formed. And I blame the marketing. Selling golf clubs is basically like like selling religion these days, it is your money for hopes and dreams, not large scale tangible benefits.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421281238' post='10748063']
When I joined here last summer I was pretty shocked by this. Obviously you all know what I like, but I have always had a cb set and this will be the first year I have a cb set I really am not comfortable with and won't game but a few times. What I was blown away by, is not the "which is better" healthy debate, but the loads of misinformation slung by the other side. To me, listing the positives and negatives of each should seem to be something most everyone could vaguely agree on, but even that is heavily contentious here. When you read threads where someone like blade hunter for example, is involved and "everyone" told blade mishits will be 15 yards shorter, and sting your hands so bad you will need medical attention and even if you are scratch you would be +2 and my favorite that "most pros can't play blades for best score so you definitely can't" it is mind boggling.

I mean, there are guys that are seriously good golfers, being told things about what they use, that they know are not true, and it is an onslaught of debate. I am on a big forum for photography, another hobby I have, and guys argue about minutia between 2 $1500 lenses, but overall everyone is more or less civil and accepts that while they like one because of X, the other is clearly a capable tool and result is predominantly predetermined by usage and settings. I imagine most other interest forums are similar to that, with fanatics, but even fanatics with any experience know enough to know the debate over product X is still way down on the list of importance.

I think that the problem with golf is the marketing from the companies. Canon doesn't release a $3,000 lens and tell you your pictures will be 20% better. They tell you what optical tech they put in it, and what it excels at. In golf, we are told in brainwashing fashion that new product X adds 15 yards, has a tighter shot pattern, is farther and straighter in misses, turbulators increase mph head speed, bubble shafts do whatever the hell they do etc.

As much as everyone here acts like they understand it is marketing, all the years of all that "proven technical advancement statistics" that is the white noise of every golf advertisement, all the money spent on tour endorsements, that YOU pay for with every purchase, and I think people really do believe on some level a fair portion of it, and that belief is most exposed when discussing blades vs. Cbs because the blade iron flys its middle finger in the face of the last 15 years of talk and continues to walk the walk despite the noise. I can fully understand people not playing blades, but I can't comprehend how the objective pros and cons of each are not clearly agreed upon by both sides, and ones decision to choose one or both in many cases, is not at least understood by the other side despite their own personal preference. Healthy debate can't happen when objective, rational and experienced opinions cannot be formed. And I blame the marketing. Selling golf clubs is basically like like selling religion these days, it is your money for hopes and dreams, not large scale tangible benefits.
[/quote]

very well said...I too was shocked by this when I joined... I chose the screen name "Bladehunter" for goodness sake.... meaning I collect irons and blade putters.... If I had known the baggage that went with it I would have chosen something else... I literally had no idea there was a faction of golfers who disliked an MB iron as much as The Kiser himself... I mean whats wrong with some of these guys? Where I come from guys play whatever club they like and most good players have an MB in the bag..at least the short irons.... By good player I mean that guy we all know who we are afraid to play for money..Not the retired guys who claim single digit caps and get to play 36 holes a day from the front tees...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The blade putter collector name is hilarious......

I actually thought that you were well aware since you were fighting the cause when I came on. Too funny. Ok, now that you said it, what blade putters you got in the closet, you have to share now.

Also, didn't mean to use you as an example, but like I said, when I came in, some dude named blade hunter was being flamed, and you clearly knew golf from your posts, and you have a freaking 2 handicap in your sig, and I was like seriously, this 2 cap is getting flamed for blades, should I even jump in??? Of course, with all the idiocracy, I couldn't resist :)

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421281238' post='10748063']

As much as everyone here acts like they understand it is marketing, all the years of all that "proven technical advancement statistics" that is the white noise of every golf advertisement, all the money spent on tour endorsements, that YOU pay for with every purchase, and I think people really do believe on some level a fair portion of it, and that belief is most exposed when discussing blades vs. Cbs because the blade iron flys its middle finger in the face of the last 15 years of talk and continues to walk the walk despite the noise. I can fully understand people not playing blades, but I can't comprehend [i][b]how the objective pros and cons of each are not clearly agreed upon by both sides, and ones decision to choose one or both in many cases, is not at least understood by the other side despite their own personal preference.[/b][/i] Healthy debate can't happen when objective, rational and experienced opinions cannot be formed. And I blame the marketing. Selling golf clubs is basically like like selling religion these days, it is your money for hopes and dreams, not large scale tangible benefits.
[/quote]

I agree, in part with OEM marketing influence. But we must consider how OEM's compete in the golf biz today, as opposed to the likes of a Nikon or Cannon, etc. OEM's are vying for the ho's money at every product introduction, and live and breath profits or not. The likes of Nikon and Cannon don't because they don't merchandise in the same manner to the same level of buyers that have overly developed hopes of buying dreams. Additionally, they can't just talk about basic functionality and expect threads to be developed, causing synergy chatter like we see here. We don't see Nikon or Cannon VP's joking around while hosting video chats to introduce product. They can live on product reputation and functionality...as opposed OEM's deal with volatile and impulsive golfers, that for the most part, will never see single digit.

In addition, its made clear here, some people don't want to feel inferior because of their choices, yet they do. Knowing that catalyst, I am not convinced 'marketing' is the only culprit 'here'. The sorry influences of the internet giving voices to people that otherwise never had one, to speak of, is part of the problem when it comes to respecting others. Too dam many underlying issues... :)

At our monthly car club meetings there are guys of all ages with new and used cars of all prices. Never have I heard a discussion where one guy was disrespecting the other guy for his choice, even if a guy is afraid to drive over 100mph. People respect one another, probably because meetings are f2f and any form of disrespect could lead to ugly consequences. My cigar club is on the internet and its filled with a variety of cultures and ages, like here; yet no marshals to speak of. The most controversial/heated debate is Dominican vs. Cuban which leads to politics; still people do not insult or attack others over different perspectives, yet its a regular occurrence on Golfwrx. Again, too many people live in dreams and want dearly to buy into OEM Marketing; buy our product and you will be a better at the game and or hit it further... PRACTICE not included or needed.

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

I'm reminded of "digital vs analog" or "tube vs solid state." :)

To follow the buzlin advice, I will now post a pic:

KGrHqJjYEqIhE153BQKoLsPSqQ60_57.jpg

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Hey, my name is Robert and I haven't been playing a long time. My brother dabbled a bit when we were young and I mostly beat around being five years younger. I really got into golf around Dec. 2011 and threw together a set from eBay but in May of 2014 I bought a new set of clubs. I went in to look at Cleveland 588CBs and the 588TT clubs or any forged club and came out with a brand new set of MP69s that were on sale.

Being a 14.5 handicap index I sometimes feel like I made the wrong choice but man, everytime I hit a pure shot I know I made the right choice. I love the look of these clubs, I love the feel/feedback, and I love knowing where on the face I hit the ball if it wasn't pure. One reason I love my Nike Covert, the feedback is phenomenal.

This is my first set of forged clubs and I feel like I will never need another set of clubs as long as I live. I have hit other forged clubs and by far, Mizunos forged faces feel so much more pristine. After I tested the clubs, I hit my old cast iron Burner 1.0s and instead of the bouncy ball off the face feeling it was a hammer hitting rocks kind of feeling, haha. After that day I vowed never to play cast iron clubs again.

[attachment=2571131:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1421292805.896694.jpg]

[attachment=2571107:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1421292074.166739.jpg]

[attachment=2571109:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1421292122.653015.jpg]

[attachment=2571137:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1421293001.307263.jpg]