Wearing golf clothing off the course.

Don't know if I've seen this topic come up. Do any of you wear your golf clothing casually?

In the summers I'll wear a golf shirt with shorts and not tuck it in so it looks more relaxed and I'm always wearing a light golf half zip sweater when it's not to warm out with jeans or sweatpants. I also seem to be wearing my Titleist hat or something similar for many occasions. I don't know what it is, I just like the look of golf clothing off the course sometimes.

Anyone else?

Comments

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    I do as well, minus the untucked shirt and sweat pants(ugh).
    Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood, Tensei Blue A
    Callaway V Sole 7-wood, Bassara R
    Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW, Recoil 95 F3
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    No I don't. Summers its button downs or t's.
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • Mikey TownMikey Town Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭
    I wear golf clothing nearly every day.

The majority of my polos do double duty on the course and in the office. I can also commonly be found in jeans with a half-zip and a golf hat.
    TaylorMade Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
    Bridgestone Irons
    Vokey Wedges
    Byron Morgan Putter(s)
    WITB Link
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Hit 'em straight! Members Posts: 1,140 ✭✭
    My golf shirts and office shirts are interchangeable.
  • cwh1882cwh1882 Members Posts: 301
    Since my company went to a more "lax" dress code, I will wear golf polos to work. Looks good with khakis and ok with jeans, I think.
  • Steeltown1Steeltown1 Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Most of my pants pull double duty for both work and golf - at least in the summer. I'll wear golf polos in the summer too, but not exclusively as I'll wear some button downs and tee's with shorts or jeans.
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,844 ✭✭
    Almost every day, but just say NO!! to the sweat pants. Sorry.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • ItsjustagameItsjustagame Members Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Other than a few pair of jeans my wardrobe is entirely golf clothes.
    GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55
    GBB Epic 5 wood
    XR 3/4/5 Hybrid
    Steelhead XR Pro 6-GW - Mamiya Recoil 95/110
    Mack Daddy 2 50,54,58
    Taylor Made 2 Ball Fang Slant
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members Posts: 1,750 ✭✭
    I know the OP didn't mean to but this thread opens up old battlegrounds on WRX with regards to untucked shirts vs tucked shirts, and posers image/read.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':read:' />

image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • naedward812naedward812 Members Posts: 214
    Seeing how I own my own business I can wear what I want. I usually wear a golf shirt untucked with jeans when going to clients. Unless it's long hours, it's jeans/shorts and t-shirts.
    Callaway XR Accra CS-1
    TM RBZ Stage II 14.5* Accra Tour Z M4-65
    Mizuno JPX 19*
    Bridgestone J15 DF KBS Tour 90
    B-Stone J15 forged 50* 55* 60*
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
    WITB Link
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten Members Posts: 1,679 ✭✭
    My golf attire is just for the course with the exception of my hats. I'll wear my golf hats year round on and off the course.
    Callaway Rogue 9.0*
    Taylormade 2016 M2 16.5* fairway wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
    Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #7
    Cleveland RTX 4 wedges 50*, 54* and 58*
  • ZacR88ZacR88 Members Posts: 253
    Geeze I never knew sweatpants were so bad...underarmour and lulu lemon make some decent looking and comfortable pants. I would wear them to dinner or anything alike but going to the mall or grocery shopping I'd rather be comfortable lol.
  • somaplrsomaplr Vaya con Dios, Brah Members Posts: 3,974
    dear god no...polyester tech fabric off the course is pretty high on the GQ faux pas list
    Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
    TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
    TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
    Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
    Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
    OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang
  • JkellenderJkellender Members Posts: 398 ✭✭
    EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Nice slacks and nice polo at the office mon-fri, nice slacks and polo on the course on sat at the course, nice slacks and polo at church on sun.
    Titleist 913 D2 Fuji F3 Motore
    Titleist 913f Aldila Phenom
    Titleist 913h Diamana
    714 AP2 4-W PX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
    Vokey SM4 56, 60
    WITB Link
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,577 ✭✭
    I don't wear "golf" clothing ON or OFF the course. Don't like polyester or logos. But it's fine that others do.
    PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,844 ✭✭
    All the nicer cotton golf shirts I have are every-day wear, usually with some type of lightweight wool slacks. Living in south FL you'd have to be nuts to wear wool slacks and a cotton shirt to play golf, so that's casual attire now.

I do not like wearing the dry fit-type shirts unless I'm playing golf.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,893 ✭✭
    Not really. Some of my Travis Mathew polos I will wear casually off the course as long as they don't scream 'that's a golf shirt'. We have a casual dress code at work but I still only wear golf shirts if its a shirt that doesn't necessarily look like a golf shirt. I have a handful of great Pima Cotton and luxe fabric business casual polo shirts which I wear to the office in the summer. They then double as a golf shirt for those early summer evening rounds.

I have a big thing about wearing golf clothes off the course. It drives me crazy when I meet people for dinner or what not and they are wearing some bold patterned Adidas golf shirt as their normal wear.

I do have two exceptions. Golf shorts are pretty much all that I wear in the summer. I have a pair or two of just normal J Crew shorts but for the most part I always wear solid colored golf shorts. The tech fabric is significantly cooler and they wrinkle a lot less. Plus with the offerings from most companies, as long as you stay away from plaid and you get a correct fit, you can't tell when someone is wearing golf shorts vs. normal shorts. My other exception is with hats. All of my hats are golf hats. I refuse to wear a manufacturer hat off the course, but, golf hats from specific courses/clubs which I have played I will wear off the course. The current rotation is a hat from my local club, an Erin Hills hat and a Arcadia Bluffs hat.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • ZacR88ZacR88 Members Posts: 253

Not really. Some of my Travis Mathew polos I will wear casually off the course as long as they don't scream 'that's a golf shirt'. We have a casual dress code at work but I still only wear golf shirts if its a shirt that doesn't necessarily look like a golf shirt. I have a handful of great Pima Cotton and luxe fabric business casual polo shirts which I wear to the office in the summer. They then double as a golf shirt for those early summer evening rounds.

I have a big thing about wearing golf clothes off the course. It drives me crazy when I meet people for dinner or what not and they are wearing some bold patterned Adidas golf shirt as their normal wear.

I do have two exceptions. Golf shorts are pretty much all that I wear in the summer. I have a pair or two of just normal J Crew shorts but for the most part I always wear solid colored golf shorts. The tech fabric is significantly cooler and they wrinkle a lot less. Plus with the offerings from most companies, as long as you stay away from plaid and you get a correct fit, you can't tell when someone is wearing golf shorts vs. normal shorts. My other exception is with hats. All of my hats are golf hats. I refuse to wear a manufacturer hat off the course, but, golf hats from specific courses/clubs which I have played I will wear off the course. The current rotation is a hat from my local club, an Erin Hills hat and a Arcadia Bluffs hat.

I was gonna mention that wearing some crazy detailed Adidas or Nike volt shirt is too much off the course. I guess I should have clarified more. Solid colored polos that don't scream golf are what I'll wear off course.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,156 ✭✭
    All the time, but my golf attire isn't really loud. I've got a bunch of solid Travis Mathew polos that work great for work or going out to dinner or something. In the fall, winter and spring I wear a ton of 1/4 zip pullovers.
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    I don't understand the idea of "golf clothing". With the exception of my visors I don't wear anything on the course that I don't wear off the course. This is especially true since I started buying Biom Hybrid shoes.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • regiwstrukregiwstruk Members Posts: 585 ✭✭
    ZacR88 wrote:

Don't know if I've seen this topic come up. Do any of you wear your golf clothing casually?

In the summers I'll wear a golf shirt with shorts and not tuck it in so it looks more relaxed and I'm always wearing a light golf half zip sweater when it's not to warm out with jeans or sweatpants. I also seem to be wearing my Titleist hat or something similar for many occasions. I don't know what it is, I just like the look of golf clothing off the course sometimes.

Anyone else?

Guilty and I catch a lot of s*** for it, too. My wife is *okay* with it for the most part, because it hides the tan lines. But I always look like I stepped off the course.
  • ImBurningStarIVImBurningStarIV Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Not me, the golf clothing is a seperate secton of my closet and gets worn to the course, on the course, and the ride back home. I love the polyester/tech fabrics when I'm playing in the texas heat, but golf "fashion" is not what I want to seen in anywhere else..
    Japan SLDR 430 - Diamana D+
    2017 M1 - Diamana D+
    Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
    Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
    Miura WS 53° & 59° - TI S400
    Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better Members Posts: 5,000 ✭✭
    Yeah I wear golf clothing all the time. Always rocking some type of golf hat
    Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)

LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)
  • rsj1360rsj1360 Member of the Resistance Members Posts: 2,414 ✭✭
    The same clothes I wear on the course I wear at work, or at home, or out to dinner, or to the movies, or having a beer ...
  • home0006home0006 Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    I always wear golf shirts to work in the summer. That way I can go straight from work to the range without having to change.
    Callaway Epic
    TaylorMade M2 2016 3HL, 5HL Wood
    Ping G20 23º hybrid
    TaylorMade M2 Tour 5-PW
    Callaway MD2 52º, 56º, 60º
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 2-Ball
  • hdgolf44hdgolf44 Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    I usually don't, the main reasons being that I generally dislike wearing the polyester or dri-fit materials outside of participating in sports. The second reason is that some of my golf shirts don't necessarily have a classic casual look that would work outside the golf course. Basically, some of the shirts I have just scream "golf shirt" by virtue of their designs, vibrant colours and accent colours.

I do, however, have some more traditional-looking golf shirts that work well for business casual dress, family & holiday dinners, etc, which is only times apart from golf that they would come out of the closet.

Working in an office, my wardrobe revolves around dress shirts or business casual golf shirts. When i'm not working or at the course, I like to kick back in t-shirts/hoodies/etc.
    Cobra King F6+ (black - set @ 9*) -- w/ Kuro Kage Silver (stiff)
    TaylorMade M4 5W (18*) -- w/ stock Fuji Atmos 6 Red
    TaylorMade M1 Rescue - 21* -- w/ stock Fuji Pro 80h stiff
    Mizuno Fli-Hi Utility -24* -- w/ TT DG S300
    Mizuno MP-64 (5-PW) -- w/ TT DG S300
    Cleveland RTX-3 - (52* mg) & (56* fg)
    Callaway Mack Dady PM Grind (60*)
    PING Anser 3 MgBr -" w/ GP Tour Tradition

• rcain1usrcain1us Members Posts: 2,938 ✭✭
    Most of my shirts are Adidas, Foot Joy or Ping - I just like the way they fit.

I go through a lot of hats

I have never owned a visor or would I ever wear one
  • sgreer11sgreer11 Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    I wear quite a bit of my golf clothing to church on Sunday mornings. Mostly because it is some of the most comfortable clothes that I own.
  • harpua728harpua728 Members Posts: 658 ✭✭
    Old thread here, but thoughts an a solid white Johnnie-O "performance" polo off the course? It doesn't scream golf course, other than the fact that it's a polyester dri fit material rather than cotton. Only logo is the johnnie o logo on the chest.
  • Edaw68Edaw68 Members Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    I regularly wear golf polos when not golfing. Usually jeans or cargo shorts depending on weather. Usually not at work due to dress code.