Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Comments

• tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,135 ✭✭

lil wrote:

They don't just pay a fee, they have to resubmit the ball for testing again periodically.

Maybe they couldn't find one to submit and didn't want to pay eBay prices...

If that is the case, maybe some one here that had a closet full of them can send them one for the retesting! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We could always crowdsource it. Get a few guys to send in their one of their stash of K-Sig balls and a bunch of other people to each contribute 10 bucks toward the testing fee. USGA gets a package in the mail saying "If Costco is too cheap to re-certify these then please allow us!!!!".

"Through two quarters of its fiscal 2017, Costco has reported $1.06 billion in income (profit). That number is slightly smaller than the $1.26 billion it collected in membership fees.May 5, 2017"

They should be paying you guys to play these balls not the other way around!!!
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,911 ✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:

Just checked the list. So, not every Pro V that is out can be played? Imagine the tour players that have a bunch of 2011 or 2012 saved, how'd they deal with it?

It is my understanding that Titleist send in for retesting any ball that they are supplying to a Tour player who is under contract.

It is also my understanding that in recent years Titleist have cut back considerably on their willingness to keep supplying old models to Tour players. So it may not be an issue nearly as often as the popular conception of "Tour players all play a different model than retail" might lead you to believe.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 995 ✭✭

linkerpan wrote:

Just checked the list. So, not every Pro V that is out can be played? Imagine the tour players that have a bunch of 2011 or 2012 saved, how'd they deal with it?

It is my understanding that Titleist send in for retesting any ball that they are supplying to a Tour player who is under contract.

It is also my understanding that in recent years Titleist have cut back considerably on their willingness to keep supplying old models to Tour players. So it may not be an issue nearly as often as the popular conception of "Tour players all play a different model than retail" might lead you to believe.

You'd think that a past approved ball would stay approved, ie not become illegal in new reports. Else, they'd be endorsing obsolescence by bureaucracy rather than technology.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • ProjectXProjectX I can a hit lob wedge 150...but only from a greenside bunker Members Posts: 1,231 ✭✭
    Used the K3 this weekend and loved it. Great feel off the putter, speed was on point and short game spin was amazing. Feel flight and spin on full shots was exactly what I expected. Way better performance than the Snell Black and a better price point. Still have a lot more balls to test, but this one is going to be tough to beat.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
    Cobra F9 Tour Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 90 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3-5 KBS Tour C Taper X
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 46F, 50F, 54F & 60D KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback
    Titleist Pro V1x...but testing every urethane ball on the market
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,110 ✭✭

linkerpan wrote:

You'd think that a past approved ball would stay approved, ie not become illegal in new reports. Else, they'd be endorsing obsolescence by bureaucracy rather than technology.
    A past approved ball is still legal/eligible for play even if it's not included on the most current conforming ball list. The only time it becomes an issue is if somebody plays an event where a condition of competition requires the use of the conforming ball list. Most people will never play an event that uses that COC. IE USGA events, professional tours, etc.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 995 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

linkerpan wrote:

A past approved ball is still legal/eligible for play even if it's not included on the most current conforming ball list. The only time it becomes an issue is if somebody plays an event where a condition of competition requires the use of the conforming ball list. Most people will never play an event that uses that COC. IE USGA events, professional tours, etc.

Makes sense.

If not, the approved list would have to tally from time immemorium, always adding and never removing.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,559 ✭✭
    For me as a hacker, it does not matter whether approved by usga or not. what matters me is if the ball serves me well and available for purchase.

OG Ksig (4 piece) long gone with the wind.
    WWG1 WGA
    flushem wrote:

For me as a hacker, it does not matter whether approved by usga or not. what matters me is if the ball serves me well and available for purchase.

Right on both counts. Absent a truly hard-to-believe mixup on the part of Costco or some sort of unnoticed typo on the latest conforming ball list I'd say this ought to finally quiet the "They're right on schedule to release the original K-Sig again on [fill-in-the-blank upcoming date]".

P.S. Somewhere, Dean Snell is thinking "Well, du-uh!".
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,322 ✭✭

flushem wrote:

Right on both counts. Absent a truly hard-to-believe mixup on the part of Costco or some sort of unnoticed typo on the latest conforming ball list I'd say this ought to finally quiet the "They're right on schedule to release the original K-Sig again on [fill-in-the-blank upcoming date]".

It doesn't matter - the K-Sig true believers will still insist that its return is just around the corner, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, 34"/350g
    say you are the business owner of the company produced og ksig. you made some money producing it but now are hemorrhaging money (lawyer's fee) in lawsuit against you brought by Titleist. So would you keep producing og ksig knowing that you are guaranteed to lose money?
    WWG1 WGA
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,135 ✭✭
    edited Sep 5, 2018 #13422
    ...or you could go online an order the QUATTRO ball from Europe.......rumor has it, its the costco 4 pc Ksig...maybe its been discussed or debunked but here is the

source

"A representative of Nassau Golf (originally listed as the manufacturer of the Kirkland Signature Ball on the USGA conforming list) has told "X" that Costco purchased overruns of Nassau's European-market-exclusive Quattro ball. There is some indication the sale was made through a third party, and that Nassau may not have been directly involved in the deal. The same source confirms that while the Costco balls have a different core color, the material composition and layer thickness are absolutely identical to the Quattro."
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

say you are the business owner of the company produced og ksig. you made some money producing it but now are hemorrhaging money (lawyer's fee) in lawsuit against you brought by Titleist. So would you keep producing og ksig knowing that you are guaranteed to lose money?

Yes, if after the lawsuit is settled, you have next years to make up tons of money.

But that's bit doubtful and no business owner would take such a risk just for the sake of small fanatics.
    larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

Yes, if after the lawsuit is settled, you have next years to make up tons of money.

But that's bit doubtful and no business owner would take such a risk just for the sake of small fanatics.

what i heard from street is that the ksig producer is not in good position in terms of patent infringement. Thus, likelihood of comeback is very slim to none. also, probably the same reason why Quattro is not sold in US.

i hate to break your hope but just busting out the news.
    WWG1 WGA
    Actually, Me and my 14 dozen Ksigs are very fine with discontinuing. $$$
    flushem wrote:

larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

what i heard from street is that the ksig producer is not in good position in terms of patent infringement. Thus, likelihood of comeback is very slim to none. also, probably the same reason why Quattro is not sold in US.

but, Acushnet went after Nassau and not costco??
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

This is news, thought all thensuits were between Costco and Titleist. Smart and makes total legal sense if so. Why waste millions fighting a giant that has more of them than you if you can stop production by attacking the producer, who has fewer of them than you? If the producer's contract left them vulnerable (not defended by Costco), they're going to stop rather than fight whether they actually infringed the patents or not.
    edited Sep 5, 2018 #13428
    My god, this thread just cannot stay away from spinning fanciful narratives around this golf ball. Even after it is done and dusted.

1qnhvh.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,339 ClubWRX
    Rumor has it that Jan Stephenson is going to do another tub pic with KSig's this time. It's said they'll make her look 26 again.
    edited Sep 5, 2018 #13430
    larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

larciel wrote:

flushem wrote:

I meant for the reason of patent. not lawsuit. Sorry.

Have you heard of K3 in lawsuit? I have not heard. The producer did the due diligent and made sure the path is clear. Less money but consistent sales. Is the producer the ball manufacturer? Does the producer hold any ball patent? Logical thinking.
    WWG1 WGA
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,573 ✭✭

My god, this thread just cannot stay away from spinning fanciful narratives around this golf ball. Even after it is done and dusted.

Butte, you didn't know the world wide web also created a bunch of internet lawyers not just internet tough guys....
  • tangojaytangojay Members Posts: 928 ✭✭
    ***** Very simple questions which I hope someone here can answer *****

What is wrong with thousands of us liking this ball?

What is wrong with this ball fitting our needs?

Why does it bother you so much its performance is Pro-V1 like to us?

Thank You
  • gioreekogioreeko Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    tangojay wrote:

Thank You

I think it's just cognitive dissonance, people who are used to and like spending a lot on balls are uncomfortable playing a ball that's just as good as anything out there for such a small price. It's like that with a lot of things.
    Driver: Taylor Made M1
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
    7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
    Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball
    gioreeko wrote:

tangojay wrote:

Thank You

I think it's just cognitive dissonance, people who are used to and like spending a lot on balls are uncomfortable playing a ball that's just as good as anything out there for such a small price. It's like that with a lot of things.

Maybe your right, maybe I have reached the age that I really don't care about brands.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    tangojay wrote:

gioreeko wrote:

tangojay wrote:

Thank You

Maybe your right, maybe I have reached the age that I really don't care about brands.

Ditto!

I have no less than 6 balls I rotate through, all perform similar and came cheap and NEW. From the $20 Srixons, The KSIGS, K3, UFLI's, SNELLS and VICE to name just a few.

Also my bag consist of 6 different OEM's over my 14 clubs. Because they work!
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,394 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Rumor has it that Jan Stephenson is going to do another tub pic with KSig's this time. It's said they'll make her look 26 again.
    Yeah, but cheap.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
    tangojay wrote:

Thank You

When is the the last time anyone said anything remotely like any of that? A year ago?

Where in the past 1,000 or so posts does anyone criticize your love for the K-Sig?
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

tangojay wrote:

Thank You

When is the the last time anyone said anything remotely like any of that? A year ago?

Where in the past 1,000 or so posts does anyone criticize your love for the K-Sig?

mmmmmmmm,,,, did I strike a chord !? wow,,,,
    Break81 wrote:

tangojay wrote:

gioreeko wrote:

tangojay wrote:

Thank You

Ditto!

I have no less than 6 balls I rotate through, all perform similar and came cheap and NEW. From the $20 Srixons, The KSIGS, K3, UFLI's, SNELLS and VICE to name just a few.

Also my bag consist of 6 different OEM's over my 14 clubs. Because they work!

Got me, only 4 brands of golf balls plus the 2 Kirkland models and only 4 brands of clubs,,, and no club brand on bag,,,
  • adkleeadklee Members Posts: 58 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 7, 2018 #13440
    dwboston wrote:

flushem wrote:

It doesn't matter - the K-Sig true believers will still insist that its return is just around the corner, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Lol. Best comment in a while. Keep holding your breath, right?

Loved the 4-piece and still have a couple dozen. (3-piece, not so much. But it's still a great ball for a great price.) My problem is now I've been spoiled for the last year or so by the performance of the 4-piece AND paying ~$1/ball. Not looking forward to paying more (even marginally) for a performance ball in the near future. At least we're now in the era of quality direct-to-consumer golf balls (snell, vice, etc.). I don't think I'll ever be able to fork up the dough for pro-v's/tp5's, etc. Especially knowing that there are comparable products (arguably better products...) out there for less $$$$.
  • dhartmann34dhartmann34 Members Posts: 670 ✭✭
    Yeah I'll move to the Snell MTB Black once I'm out.
    adklee wrote:
    dwboston wrote:

flushem wrote:

Lol. Best comment in a while. Keep holding your breath, right?

Loved the 4-piece and still have a couple dozen. (3-piece, not so much. But it's still a great ball for a great price.) My problem is now I've been spoiled for the last year or so by the performance of the 4-piece AND paying ~$1/ball. Not looking forward to paying more (even marginally) for a performance ball in the near future. At least we're now in the era of quality direct-to-consumer golf balls (snell, vice, etc.). I don't think I'll ever be able to fork up the dough for pro-v's/tp5's, etc. Especially knowing that there are comparable products (arguably better products...) out there for less $$$$.