Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

vanyavanya IngerlundMembers Posts: 104 ✭✭
Are these going to be a thing? Vosh?

Comments

• BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,905 ✭✭
    Based on the fact that the 919 fitting carts have open clubhead spots marked with that name, I have to say yes.

IMO, a bit of fail not announcing it with the rest given this lets the cat out of the bag anyway. No matter what, there are going to be questions about where the HM Pro sits vs the JPX Forged regardless of when it's unveiled, and getting your own messaging and position out there is almost always preferable to unfounded speculations that'll otherwise fill the void.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    I have hit all the new 919 stuff. If you like the genre of club the HM falls under, you will love it!!! Great looking, feeling, performing club! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on... ClubWRX Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I'm needing some forgiveness since I'm not the same golfer that I was back in 2005 when I bought my MP33's. I hit a 919 HM today at golf galaxy....thinking about pulling the trigger and making a combo set of the 919!
  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly 009M SSS WeldNeck Members Posts: 1,067 ✭✭
    Shh no one is suppose to know about this one yet...
    Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15, 18 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX
    Titleist CNCPT CP-02 3i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Vokey BV HandGround SM7 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M
    Scotty Cameron Masterful 009M or Newport Fastback 1.5 Tour
    WITB LINK New Photos June 9th
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Its a 919 HM with a slimmer profile and less offset. Basically a stronger lofted iron for someone wanting a smaller profile. Its set to be released in feb
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • vanyavanya IngerlundMembers Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I’m hoping it is a little bit callaway x14 pro series esque. I’m expecting it to be a bit chunkier though if I’m honest. A mizuno I200 with less long iron offset would get my attention though.
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 2,002 ✭✭
    EHolm wrote:

Its a 919 HM with a slimmer profile and less offset. Basically a stronger lofted iron for someone wanting a smaller profile. Its set to be released in feb

So kind of a new version of a cast HM material 900 Forged?

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Taylor Made P790 4-PW Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

• Gorris317Gorris317 Members Posts: 53
    Man this sucks. Had the 919 HM on my radar but don't know what to do if these are going to be released.
  • realitycheckrealitycheck Members Posts: 333 ✭✭

I'm needing some forgiveness since I'm not the same golfer that I was back in 2005 when I bought my MP33's. I hit a 919 HM today at golf galaxy....thinking about pulling the trigger and making a combo set of the 919!

Did the same thing and ordered straight up hot metals on the spot. Could not believe how fun they are to hit!!

Straight as an arrow and to my surprise, looked great!!
  • NiasNias Members Posts: 28
    Sounds a little like an AP3 challenger?
  • TommyjTommyj Members Posts: 396 ✭✭
    Golf64 wrote:

I have hit all the new 919 stuff. If you like the genre of club the HM falls under, you will love it!!! Great looking, feeling, performing club! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Any thoughts on 919 HM vs the 900 version, any real improvement or mainly cosmetic?
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 482 ✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2018 #13
    Nias wrote:

Sure sounds like it and it's a welcome addition to any OEM product line. For a 10hdcp like me who thinks the forged are not forgiving enough yet can't get along with the significantly more chunky Hot Metal something in between is just what I need.

It's not just about looks either. When fitting, we can't get the Hot Metal in the correct fitting window where the forged are the right club on paper but, just not forgiving enough. I have the same issue between AP1 and AP2. AP3 for me is a perfect fit.

Thanks to Titleist and Miz for adding the clubs I've been waiting a long time for! I've called out PING on this before. I'd love to see them put something in between the i210 and the g400. Specifically something with a little longer blade length for forgiveness. See, 10 handicapers don't necessarily need more height or higher launch/lower spin, or more offset. They just need a little more blade length to allow for our 50 cent coin miss range vs the pro/single digit who has a strike pattern the size of a dime.
  • realitycheckrealitycheck Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    hd.softail wrote:

Nias wrote:

Sure sounds like it and it's a welcome addition to any OEM product line. For a 10hdcp like me who thinks the forged are not forgiving enough yet can't get along with the significantly more chunky Hot Metal something in between is just what I need.

It's not just about looks either. When fitting, we can't get the Hot Metal in the correct fitting window where the forged are the right club on paper but, just not forgiving enough. I have the same issue between AP1 and AP2. AP3 for me is a perfect fit.

Thanks to Titleist and Miz for adding the clubs I've been waiting a long time for! I've called out PING on this before. I'd love to see them put something in between the i210 and the g400. Specifically something with a little longer blade length for forgiveness. See, 10 handicapers don't necessarily need more height or higher launch/lower spin, or more offset. They just need a little more blade length to allow for our 50 cent coin miss range vs the pro/single digit who has a strike pattern the size of a dime.

Best post Ive read in a long time. Spot on! It's long been a gripe for me with PING. (i5 kind of fit this bill.)

On a side note, PING has nearly wiped out offset all together in the short irons for some odd reason. I played EYE2 for years because I felt I could just swing the 8-pw with no worries. Pin shots.

Hit the 210's the other day in the long irons, and middle irons beautifully. Got to the 9, PW area and they started going right on me.

Ordered the Mizuno's....

(If the AP3's werent so **** expensive, I may have went that way. GREAT looking set!)
  • dhen9dhen9 Members Posts: 657 ✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2018 #15
    hd.softail wrote:

Nias wrote:

Totally agree. For the last few years I've been on a search for longer blade length with minimal offset. Only getting out a few times a year means I really need the forgiveness but don't have an issue getting the ball airborne. My "crazy" won't allow me to have a mish-mash set of irons so 0311X 5 iron, with XF 6-7 and "P" in 8-G is what I rock. I tried the MMC and Fli-hi MP before the PXG but just not as forgiving. Between the JPX Fli-Hi utility rumored and these I may be able to try something different. I haven't played Mizuno since T-Zoid Pro and love the looks of the newest JPX.
  • snowman0157snowman0157 Members Posts: 33
    I would be very interested in 919HM Pro. I'm 61, ~7 hdcp and moved from forged cavity backs to CF16 recently to try to reclaim some of my diminishing ball speed. I hit the HM 900 when they first came out and was surprised how much i liked them, but went with the Callaway instead. The low offset 919HM could be a real winner I think for those of use that grew up playing blades.

Can anyone comment on the feel of the 919HM? Supposedly Mizuno has put some technology into them to make them feel 'as good as a cast iron can feel'.
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2018 #17

I would be very interested in 919HM Pro. I'm 61, ~7 hdcp and moved from forged cavity backs to CF16 recently to try to reclaim some of my diminishing ball speed. I hit the HM 900 when they first came out and was surprised how much i liked them, but went with the Callaway instead. The low offset 919HM could be a real winner I think for those of use that grew up playing blades.

Can anyone comment on the feel of the 919HM? Supposedly Mizuno has put some technology into them to make them feel 'as good as a cast iron can feel'.

The 919 Hot Metal ( released set ) Irons feel fantastic!

Its not the the 900 didn't feel great its just that the 919's are a pretty nice improvement with a upgraded badge and ribs in the cavity to help the acoustics.

These "players" speed irons are going to be a hit as the market share for that style of irons continues to grow. AP2's many years ago started the trend of putting a lot of tech into a smaller players package and Callaway took it to another lever when the Apex irons came out. A club that was fast and had a "pro" model to allow for both combo-ing. Lots of lower to mid handicaps looking for speed to to these clubs like a duck to water.

I have not had the chance to see these elusive 919 HM "tours / pros " but if they are able to pack the speed and tech from the 919HM into a club that is more of the "Forged" shape and size with corresponding outset, it will be a winner.
  • spring7spring7 Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    dhen9 wrote:

hd.softail wrote:

Nias wrote:

Totally agree. For the last few years I've been on a search for longer blade length with minimal offset. Only getting out a few times a year means I really need the forgiveness but don't have an issue getting the ball airborne. My "crazy" won't allow me to have a mish-mash set of irons so 0311X 5 iron, with XF 6-7 and "P" in 8-G is what I rock. I tried the MMC and Fli-hi MP before the PXG but just not as forgiving. Between the JPX Fli-Hi utility rumored and these I may be able to try something different. I haven't played Mizuno since T-Zoid Pro and love the looks of the newest JPX.

old as the hills now, but the j40dpc's were exactly what I wanted when I wanted a low offset longer length iron. The reminded me of my old Ram ProSet long irons I had in the early 90's

Titleist TS3 10.5* Diamana S+ Blue 60 
    Taylor Made RBZ Tour 14* Matrix Ozik 
    Titleist 816H1 20* Diamana Blue 80S+
    Taylor Made GAPR Mid 18* KBS Hybrid 80
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-G
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52*
    Callaway PM Grind 2.0 56*
    Callaway PM Grind 1.0 60*
    Taylor Made TP Mullen 2

• mikeberlinmikeberlin Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Curious how these will compare to the MP Fli-Hi line.

Great to see quite a few sets coming out. Ride the momentum Mizuno!
  • jubessjubess Members Posts: 691 ✭✭
    My Mizuno HM irons are on the way. I hit them at GG and was easily getting 10 yards more than Ping 500/700. The ball seems to jump off the face.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,663 ClubWRX
    I would like to request they make a 3 iron in these things. Please and thank you.
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 384 ✭✭
    Would these compare to the Cally Apex CF16? I might be in the market for a new iron, as I've always loved Mizuno irons. But I also love my CF16s. Hmmmmmm....
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭

Would these compare to the Cally Apex CF16? I might be in the market for a new iron, as I've always loved Mizuno irons. But I also love my CF16s. Hmmmmmm....

IMO theyre a direct competitor and have a similar spot in the lines. I too play CF16's and these have my interest.
    Long Live Nike
  • Hackish_AmateurHackish_Amateur Members Posts: 20
    The 919 Tours have really grown on me. The minimalist badging and pearl brush looks incredible. I'd love a hollow Fli-Hi style for my 919 long irons.
  • kiwiikiwii Members Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I have high hopes for the pro irons because I was tempted to pulll the trigger on rogue pro irons. Again when they made the rogue pro in black. If Mizuno does it right I won’t resist
    '17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Would it be funky to have a combo Hot Metal 4-6 then Tour 7-P?
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,712 ✭✭

Probably. Plus you might need HM 5-7 and Tour 7-P to get the yardages right.

• spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 384 ✭✭
    nova6868 wrote:

Two 7 irons. Bold strategy. I guess I'm all for innovation.
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
  • beluga99beluga99 I can't avenge my partner's death with this pea shooter Members Posts: 909 ✭✭

nova6868 wrote:

G400
    917 F2
    Anser 18 + 23
    Fli-Hi
    919T 6-P
    SM7 52F 56F 60D
    Odyssey
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,905 ✭✭

I’d be more inclined to say the hot metal line competes with rogue. JPX919 forged would be the apex competition.
  • Diesel_z06Diesel_z06 Members Posts: 573 ✭✭

nova6868 wrote:

I lold so hard at this