2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Wilson C300 Forged Gun Metal (in-hand pics)

BAlberstadt

That is a nice looking set!

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

look solid -- wish they had less offset

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Five slots is too much....the rest of it looks good.Any feedback on if the slots do anything?

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough, unlike some of the WITB pics I see where irons look like mantle pieces. And last but not least, Callaway done Smoke versions, as did Titleist I believe with a series of irons. They’re trying to move some leftover heads I’m sure. They’ll have a new iron to replace the c300 upcoming. For the money, they’re hands down as good , if not better in my opinion than any in their classification of iron, including Callaway or Titleist.

• Like 1

Those look sweet!!! And the C300 forged is as good as any iron out there. I am still yet to see anyone hit a shot looking at the bottom of a club. Yes the slots work.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

I love dark finishes on irons, I think the wear area looks cool.

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @RainShadow said:

> Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> I love dark finishes on irons, I think the wear area looks cool.

With how often people on this site change clubs I'm surprised wear is an issue with anybody, they'll be replaced long before they "wear".

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @boggyman said:

> First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> @RainShadow said:

> Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing (more so in sandy soil). Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

It’s quite apparent you didn’t understand the word tool. By tool, I meant that irons are made to hit the ball, which lies on the turf, ground, insert “your” word to your liking!! Irons therefore dig in the dirt as a tool, aka, shovel, how, etc. Pathetic at best, I’d say not! Catch the meaning now? I know with my vehicle I don’t dig out ditches, knock over mailboxes or whatever, therefore I don’t consider my car a tool! Yes, the PVD finish does and will wear quick, I agree. With that said, have a good day!! > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > @boggyman said:

> > First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> > @RainShadow said:

> > Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing. Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

>

>

> @boggyman said:

> It’s quite apparent you didn’t understand the word tool. By tool, I meant that irons are made to hit the ball, which lies on the turf, ground, insert “your” word to your liking!! Irons therefore dig in the dirt as a tool, aka, shovel, how, etc. Pathetic at best, I’d say not! Catch the meaning now? I know with my vehicle I don’t dig out ditches, knock over mailboxes or whatever, therefore I don’t consider my car a tool! Yes, the PVD finish does and will wear quick, I agree. With that said, have a good day!! > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > @boggyman said:

> > > First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> > > @RainShadow said:

> > > Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> > I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing. Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

> >

> >

You must be right that I clearly don't understand what a tool is, but please in what hobby/industry where 'tools' are used, would people accept the level of wear (even cosmetic) that these irons would show, basically instantly. For hobbys or indiustry that are 'hard' on their tools, they are designed and manufactured to be durable, as no one would buy them otherwise. This finish is purely to try and attract people due to it being 'shiny' and 'pretty'... It's pretty clear you don't understand this...

I sure hope you've never washed/waxed your car or applied touch up paint, I mean, that would be a huge no no

>

>

Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

I understand completely on drawing ‘em in to new and shiny with the finish. With that, I’m bowing out on this topic. Good day to ya! > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > @boggyman said:

> > It’s quite apparent you didn’t understand the word tool. By tool, I meant that irons are made to hit the ball, which lies on the turf, ground, insert “your” word to your liking!! Irons therefore dig in the dirt as a tool, aka, shovel, how, etc. Pathetic at best, I’d say not! Catch the meaning now? I know with my vehicle I don’t dig out ditches, knock over mailboxes or whatever, therefore I don’t consider my car a tool! Yes, the PVD finish does and will wear quick, I agree. With that said, have a good day!! > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > > @boggyman said:

> > > > First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> > > > @RainShadow said:

> > > > Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> > > I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing. Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

> > >

> > >

> You must be right that I clearly don't understand what a tool is, but please in what hobby/industry where 'tools' are used, would people accept the level of wear (even cosmetic) that these irons would show, basically instantly. For hobbys or indiustry that are 'hard' on their tools, they are designed and manufactured to be durable, as no one would buy them otherwise. This finish is purely to try and attract people due to it being 'shiny' and 'pretty'... It's pretty clear you don't understand this...

>

> I sure hope you've never washed/waxed your car or applied touch up paint, I mean, that would be a huge no no

> >

> >

>

>

> @gwelfgulfer said:

> > @boggyman said:

> > First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> > @RainShadow said:

> > Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing (more so in sandy soil). Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

>

>

Nobody is forcing you to buy them. Comparing a club wearing by hitting a golf ball, which it's meant to do, vs vandalism of a car is just dumb.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @gwelfgulfer said:

> > > @boggyman said:

> > > First of all, it’s Wilson Staff, second, while I agree they’ll look rough after a few rounds, personally, they’re tools, not show pieces. They should look rough

> > > @RainShadow said:

> > > Guys crack me up wanking about wear....all clubs wear.

> > I love to say stupid things... The fact that PVD finished clubs look like trash after a few rounds and range sessions is embarrassing (more so in sandy soil). Saying 'that all clubs wear' and 'they're tools, not show pieces' is pathetic at best. Your car is a 'tool', can i key it? I mean, its only 'wear' and a 'tool'... Do you buy underwear that falls apart and a shadow of its former glory within a week? Again, a 'tool' and 'not a show piece'

> >

> >

>

> Nobody is forcing you to buy them. Comparing a club wearing by hitting a golf ball, which it's meant to do, vs vandalism of a car is just dumb.

As dumb as making a PVD finished club

Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

Thanks to those letting us know you don't like PVD finishes. I'm wondering why you even clicked on the thread title, but you have made a TREMENDOUS contribution.

That being said, I think these are slick. I've been toying around with trying out some c300's. I'm always looking for a good blend of forgiveness and looks. This one is pushing the latter, but in a few months it'll be a much more cost effective experiment.

> @Tommyj said:

> Absolutely brutal, a clear sign that Wilson has absolutely nothing new to offer. Can't even imagine what these might look like after a couple of rounds.

Really? That just offered a new Staff Blade updating the FG100....I am more concerned about performance than normal wear and tear, but I know these are not for everyone.......

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

> @toddba11 said:

> > @Tommyj said:

> > Absolutely brutal, a clear sign that Wilson has absolutely nothing new to offer. Can't even imagine what these might look like after a couple of rounds.

>

> Really? That just offered a new Staff Blade updating the FG100....I am more concerned about performance than normal wear and tear, but I know these are not for everyone.......

>

>

Just to be clear, I'm a big fan of Wilson Staff irons and think that the C300 Forged is one of the nicest and probably most overlooked irons I tried last year. The word brutal just expresses **my personal opinion** of the gun metal finish and, **for me**, also applies to other irons which have been released in black versions (P790, AP2, CF16). Strangely, Cobra CB/MB I think looks great in the dark finish, but that finish was available from the start.

• 5 months later...