Thank You Matthew Wolf..!! For Releasing The "I'm GoNNA DO MY CRAZY SWING" In Me..!!!

JohnnyNight JohnnyNight Members Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited Jul 8, 2019 4:19pm in Instruction & Academy #1

WOW..!!
JUST OnE GiNORMOUS WOW WOW and MORE WOW..!!!
It the IMPACT POSTION..!!
That ALL..!!
Before that....
Just WIND that THING UP AnY WAY You CaN...!!!
Go HEAD...>>..!!!
I SEE YOU..!!!
OMG..!! LOL..!!!
God Bless..!!

Comments

• Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

it's cave man weilding an axe to the top of the swing and Miles Davis cool on downswing

Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve tried his swing style, it’s like a classic loop swing. You take it to top clubhead way across the line and loop the club to the inside on downswing or you’d miss the ball. It’s why his feet move backwards on the downswing in slow motion specifically the right foot, the clubhead being thrown from such across position to way inside causes that with the feet. Mine do the same thing when I try it.

It’s not easy to do at a very high level golf but it works pretty well for him obviously.

• rich srich s Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine all the people out there going to try to copy his swing lol.

“Monte, so I used to be scratch then I saw this guy with a weird backswing on tv and devoted the next year to swing just like him but now I’m a 25, please help”.

• MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern CaliforniaMembers Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Redjeep83 said:
    I’ve tried his swing style, it’s like a classic loop swing. You take it to top clubhead way across the line and loop the club to the inside on downswing or you’d miss the ball. It’s why his feet move backwards on the downswing in slow motion specifically the right foot, the clubhead being thrown from such across position to way inside causes that with the feet. Mine do the same thing when I try it.

It’s not easy to do at a very high level golf but it works pretty well for him obviously.

There are many merits to what he’s doing. The problem, as you said, is he does things to an extreme that others will find difficult to manage.

Not unlike bowing the lead wrist is good(great), but copying DJ is a losing proposition.

• FireballerFireballer Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭

@MonteScheinblum said:
    The irony is his swing isn’t crazy. It’s just classically good.

The only “crazy” thing he does is he has a different wrist position at the top which makes it easier for “him” to get transition wrist action correct. Miller Barber and others of the past did similar things.

Transition wrist action is one of the most poorly understood and performed things in the swing...and where most ams go wrong.

Is it just a later arm rotation and late right wrist extension?

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,318 mod

I saw someone on the range trying to swing like him. I have no idea why because he was absolutely terrible.

I usually wouldn't notice but I'm a lefty and he was right in front of me. I just wanted to ask him "What the #@% are you trying to do?"

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi
  • Ping's DuckPing's Duck Members Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Once learning that transition and impact are the only two variables that matter comes the day when back swings become less important than knowing how to use change of direction, from anywhere, as the advantage.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ping's Duck said:
    Once learning that transition and impact are the only two variables that matter comes the day when back swings become less important than knowing how to use change of direction, from anywhere, as the advantage.

Yes, but there are some back swing positions that are very hard to transition from. Besides getting across the line with his wrists, the rest of his backswing/pivot is solid

• MPStratMPStrat Members Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Faldo hates his swing

• Ping's DuckPing's Duck Members Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Certainly so for those that see lines to be crossed, but some hold there are no lines in space, only pressures, both unseen but one more useful.

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it fair to say it has some Ryan Moore in it Monte?

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • wagolfer7wagolfer7 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

@Ping's Duck said:

This is a gem. If you don't understand this statement, I'd recommend trying to :smile:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Well Faldo in his prime couldn’t hit it within 50 yards of the 🐺 with the same equipment. With all of Monte’s struggles with getting fast in the transition in the senior us open..the most amazing part of the 🐺 performance is to watch how his rhythm never changed

• kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of Life Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@airjammer said:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Well Faldo in his prime couldn’t hit it within 50 yards of the 🐺 with the same equipment. With all of Monte’s struggles with getting fast in the transition in the senior us open..the most amazing part of the 🐺 performance is to watch how his rhythm never changed

His distance was good enough to win 41 times and 6 majors.

• Lefty Light HItterLefty Light HItter Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@airjammer said:

I do not see how people's front heel raises naturally like that. I've tried and tried and mine stays on the ground no matter how much weight/pressure I put into the rear heel.

In search of solid contact...
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Lefty Light HItter said:

@airjammer said:

I do not see how people's front heel raises naturally like that. I've tried and tried and mine stays on the ground no matter how much weight/pressure I put into the rear heel.

It happens naturally if you pivot correctly.

• farmerfarmer Members Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

YMW is a young, gifted athlete with phenomenal hand-eye coordination who has been playing with this swing for years. A middle aged fat guy has no chance to learn this swing.

Different era...he played in a ball control era not the bomb n gouge ...well I wouldn’t call it gouge for the most part the rough isn’t long enough to have to gouge it out. Faldo would be looking for speed in this era..he was short for how tall he was kinda like Kuchar.

• musclefrontmusclefront Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

He’s just jealous because he 6 inches taller and 150 yards shorter off the tee.

• iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@airjammer said:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Faldo wasn’t that short and Wolff isn’t that long. Faldo was 18-20 yards shorter than the longest hitters in his day. Wolff is long don’t get me wrong but Faldo could certainly get within 50 yards of him. He averaged mid 260s with persimmon and his longest drives with persimmon were over 300

• Buckets2Buckets2 Members Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MonteScheinblum said:
    The irony is his swing isn’t crazy. It’s just classically good.

The only “crazy” thing he does is he has a different wrist position at the top which makes it easier for “him” to get transition wrist action correct. Miller Barber and others of the past did similar things.

Transition wrist action is one of the most poorly understood and performed things in the swing...and where most ams go wrong.

Can you share more or link to more on wrist action in transition?

• GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@iteachgolf said:

@airjammer said:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Faldo wasn’t that short and Wolff isn’t that long. Faldo was 18-20 yards shorter than the longest hitters in his day. Wolff is long don’t get me wrong but Faldo could certainly get within 50 yards of him. He averaged mid 260s with persimmon and his longest drives with persimmon were over 300

Yeah Faldo was shorter and not super short, but 20 yards shorter is a huge detriment as he was even a club shorter than the middling hitters. It really showed and he hates it too. But no he isn't short by regular people standards. And his ball striking to this day is still on point (watch his Mizuno videos). It's pretty crazy. Faldo's standard for himself was to be the best, which is why there's the conversation. 99% of every other pro golfer would have loved to have his career. Faldo just kicks himself for not being a longer hitter (not that he didn't try changing his swing) because he could have been amongst the all time top 5 if he was longer is probably what he felt.

Wolff has won one tournament at the age of 20 (have we heard that enough?) let's not get too excited, but he does seem to have a brighter future than most. People ridiculed Furyk for his swing but he just kept on winning and performing to a long successful career and a 58. Let's hope Wolff can do the same.

TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • ZitlowZitlow Members Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭

In 96 Faldo hit long irons into 13 and 15 at Augusta, in 97 Tiger was hitting short irons into those holes. A huge inflection point.

• iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Golfjack said:

@iteachgolf said:

@airjammer said:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Yeah Faldo was shorter and not super short, but 20 yards shorter is a huge detriment as he was even a club shorter than the middling hitters. It really showed and he hates it too. But no he isn't short by regular people standards. And his ball striking to this day is still on point (watch his Mizuno videos). It's pretty crazy. Faldo's standard for himself was to be the best, which is why there's the conversation. 99% of every other pro golfer would have loved to have his career. Faldo just kicks himself for not being a longer hitter (not that he didn't try changing his swing) because he could have been amongst the all time top 5 if he was longer is probably what he felt.

Wolff has won one tournament at the age of 20 (have we heard that enough?) let's not get too excited, but he does seem to have a brighter future than most. People ridiculed Furyk for his swing but he just kept on winning and performing to a long successful career and a 58. Let's hope Wolff can do the same.

Faldo was above average in length. He certainly wasn’t “a club shorter than middling hitters”.

• milesgilesmilesgiles milesgiles Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

@Zitlow said:
    In 96 Faldo hit long irons into 13 and 15 at Augusta, in 97 Tiger was hitting short irons into those holes. A huge inflection point.

Faldo is 17 years older..and was never considered long or straight off the tee. He was plenty long enough with the irons.

@iteachgolf said:

@airjammer said:

@MPStrat said:
    Faldo hates his swing

Yes there was a little bit of hyperbole but my point was he built his swing on precision being the most important and a lot of the modern superstars has built a speed swing biased swing.

I believe like a lot of older players despise how the game has changed to a power game instead of a control game.

• diablocrusherdiablocrusher Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭

@Spongeb0b said:
    Can you share more or link to more on wrist action in transition?

Wolff's coach George Gankas put a video on his instagram the other day after the win about Wolff's wrist action. He uses an extremely weak grip then flexes (bows) the wrist in transition to get into his impact position.

Driver - Cobra King F6
    3 wood - Cobra F8
    Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
    Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter - Yes! Callie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file