Alcohol ads on Tour

jobinjobin Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Have not seen any beer/booze ads on pro tour hats or bags, except last week did see one Korean lady, Ms. Ko, wearing a hat with big letters 'HITE'. This is a Korean beer and spirits company which got me thinking about the USA and Euro tours. And cigarette ads no longer seen in USA, although a few times i have seen tour guys smoking, usually hiding the ****. I'm sure the TV guys are censoring the smokers. In Euro i think at least one event sponsor is a tobacco company, so that gets some TV time.
Anyone have info on USA tour alcohol branding and ads?

«1

Comments

  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2019 12:05am #3

    @jobin said:
    Have not seen any beer/booze ads on pro tour hats or bags, except last week did see one Korean lady, Ms. Ko, wearing a hat with big letters 'HITE'. This is a Korean beer and spirits company which got me thinking about the USA and Euro tours. And cigarette ads no longer seen in USA, although a few times i have seen tour guys smoking, usually hiding the ****. I'm sure the TV guys are censoring the smokers. In Euro i think at least one event sponsor is a tobacco company, so that gets some TV time.
    Anyone have info on USA tour alcohol branding and ads?

    In the United States cigarette companies are barred by federal law from advertising at, or sponsoring, sporting events.

  • gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I agree with the Michelob ultra. I see them plenty. My guess is that their advertising dollars are better spent with the NFL, NBA, and MLB.

  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m waiting for the Viagra celebrity pro am.


    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dlygrisse said:
    I’m waiting for the Viagra celebrity pro am.

    The Western Open was sponsored by Cialis for a few years.

  • cardozacardoza Members Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2019 3:00am #7

    Vaughn Taylor has a Michelob Ultra logo on his hat.

    Taylormade M4 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
    TitleistAP2 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
    Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
    Black Lab BL2 35" Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Plenty of beer and liquor ads during tour events

    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BrianMcG said:
    Plenty of beer and liquor ads during tour events

    There always have been. What you do not see is many tour players actually sporting a beer/wine/spirit logo on their shirt/hat/bag. Koepka is in Michelob Ultra commercials but you don't see him wearing the logo. Of course that may have someting to do with his Nike apparel endorsement.

  • Eric267Eric267 North Lake TahoeMembers Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

    Not sure if it's still the case but Smylie was sponsered by natty a few years back

  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • padgetpadget Members Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

  • FootWedge16FootWedge16 Members Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.


    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Although a “non-alcoholic” beer, Odouls has the PGA tour logo on the bottle.

    Brooks is in Michelob commercials.

    Someone reps their own vineyard on their bag? Can’t remember who... maybe Louis O. For some reason I’m thinking South Africa .

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

    The bag is always a work in progress.
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I also recall Lowry having a whiskey logo during the British open a couple weeks ago

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    here in Nor cal one local sponsors the senior bocce tournament

    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I be on tour like,

  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

    Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @J13 said:

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

    Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

    I'm certainly not going to disagree with anything you said, just more going off of what the tobacco industry has faced with professional sports and see that as something that will likely be what is going to be faced by the marijuana industry even after becoming federally legal.

    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

    The bag is always a work in progress.
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    The stance on tobacco advertising is because it is illegal to advertise tobacco in America. That's why NASCAR's Winston Cup became the Nextel cup then Sprint Cup. If pot becomes legal there will be advertising unless that advertising is outlawed.

  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 1:58pm #28

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @J13 said:

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

    Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

    I'm certainly not going to disagree with anything you said, just more going off of what the tobacco industry has faced with professional sports and see that as something that will likely be what is going to be faced by the marijuana industry even after becoming federally legal.

    You are probably right. Im in the medical world and there are various medications that are prescribed by inhaling a smoke or vapor. Funny how the general public reacts to something because it's "smoked". For thousands of years that was one of the main ways humans ingested medicines and treatments now (thanks to big tobacco) it's taboo haha.

    Although i have to think that if Cannabis was sold instead of alcohol at PGA Tour events you would have a lot less people yelling things in players swings haha. :smiley:

    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 1:58pm #29

    double post and can't delete

    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Koepka is in with Mich Ultra...he had a can on the interview table post-round as placement recently.

  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @J13 said:

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @J13 said:

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @dlygrisse said:

    @FootWedge16 said:

    @padget said:

    @J13 said:
    I'm hoping the Korn Ferry Tour turns into the Purple Haze Indica Tour next

    Well that would separate the pack lol. A couple guys “in the zone” and everyone else spraying it everywhere and asking if anyone has any snacks.

    Golf is surprisingly easy to play while high. Helped me with my tempo back when I used to partake when I was younger.

    It's inevitable. Within 10 years a chain of dispensaries will sponsor a tour event in some sport, in a state where it is legal, which may be most of them soon.

    Until it's federally legal, I don't see that happening. Even then, especially given the stance that has been taken on tobacco companies, it's very, very unlikely to happen. .

    I don’t disagree but it’s a much safer and less physically damaging substance than alcohol. Alcohol through clever lobbying and marketing has maintained a clean image for sports events especially since they all make a fortune on beer sales at events.

    Funny story I was at a winery for an event and had a guy tell me that cannabis is a gateway drug and horrible for people. Meanwhile he was on his 5th glass of wine haha. There are some real special morons out there

    I'm certainly not going to disagree with anything you said, just more going off of what the tobacco industry has faced with professional sports and see that as something that will likely be what is going to be faced by the marijuana industry even after becoming federally legal.

    You are probably right. Im in the medical world and there are various medications that are prescribed by inhaling a smoke or vapor. Funny how the general public reacts to something because it's "smoked". For thousands of years that was one of the main ways humans ingested medicines and treatments now (thanks to big tobacco) it's taboo haha.

    Although i have to think that if Cannabis was sold instead of alcohol at PGA Tour events you would have a lot less people yelling things in players swings haha. :smiley:

    I don’t know anyone who reacts negatively to weed because it’s smoked.

    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 


Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file