Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

Golf Channel is really frustrating. I agree Morning Drive is a painful watch sometimes - Lauren and Paige look as if they've never seen teleprompters before, though Paige has gotten better.

The programming on that channel in general is weak. It should be nothing but game improvement shows, tour coverage, and old tournament coverage. I don't want to see Tin Cup or The Greatest Game Ever Played for the 100th time, show me the 2000 US Open this week. You can never go wrong with some old Masters highlights.

I also think they should add a show that talks about course design and travels to different Top 100 courses to show the experience. I think many people would watch that.

Golf Channel is really frustrating. I agree Morning Drive is a painful watch sometimes - Lauren and Paige look as if they've never seen teleprompters before, though Paige has gotten better.

The programming on that channel in general is weak. It should be nothing but game improvement shows, tour coverage, and old tournament coverage. I don't want to see Tin Cup or The Greatest Game Ever Played for the 100th time, show me the 2000 US Open this week. You can never go wrong with some old Masters highlights.

I also think they should add a show that talks about course design and travels to different Top 100 courses to show the experience. I think many people would watch that.

Golf Channel is really frustrating. I agree Morning Drive is a painful watch - Lauren and Paige look as if they've never seen teleprompters before.

I 100% agree with this. Why is there a constant stream of crappy “golf” movies being shown when there is almost 75 years of archived tournament golf available. Show some older Ryder Cups or US Opens...hell, you’re owned by the company that’s broadcasted those for years. Put something in that golfers want to watch. Stop programming for casual viewers.

If you're not showing live golf, most hardcore golf fans would appreciate more instruction based programming with established players, coaches, etc. Many players and coaches would gladly do it...especially lesser known or younger pros trying to gain exposure. In the old days of the Golf Channel, Golf Channel Academy used to be a call-in show with players and teachers....the Tiger/Butch Harmon episode can be found on YouTube and is thoroughly entertaining still years later.

Interesting but respectfully, I disagree. And surely the people at golf channel have measurable data that tells them what people are and are not watching. I hate the movies (mainly because nowadays I can literally watch any movie any time i want too), but they are on for a reason. But going back to instruction related content. If you want to talk about over saturation, i don't know of a better example than golf instruction. If you aren't standing right next to me watching my ball flight (or at least watching a video of my swing), I honestly don't need another 300 swing thoughts to try out. No athletes in the history of sports have evolved to convincing themselves they can't go one minute without professional help more than golfers.

I read an interesting article on line about the 4 weeks in 2013 where Jordan Spieth went from conditional status on the web.com to fully exempt on the PGA tour and it was fascinating. I would watch a 30 minute documentary about this any time!

Big props to RDD for coming on here for some honest conversation. The www. needs more of that sort of interaction. More real insight less fake news.

I agree. I think that it’s cool that he’s on here. Who knows, maybe some of the concerns and ideas expressed here will get back to those in charge.

For some reason, I kinda doubt it...

Big props to RDD for coming on here for some honest conversation. The www. needs more of that sort of interaction. More real insight less fake news.

I agree. I think that it’s cool that he’s on here. Who knows, maybe some of the concerns and ideas expressed here will get back to those in charge.

Lol

Lol

Passengers on the Titanic laughed until the end too!

Lol

Well it is just a morning talk show......hardly life or death

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Lol

I assume your TV has other channels.....

I actually have a pretty good idea for TGC. A few of the on-air talent I know agreed, but the young suits in NY won't like because it wasn't their idea.

That can't be helped. It's the way the beast operates.

Morning Drive is hard, just like what Michael Breed did for so long was hard.

Viewers don't have much depth anymore, thanks to social media. People are always looking for the new Messiah to hold their attention for a minute or so once a day.

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

Lol

I assume your TV has other channels.....

Of course it does. But shouldn’t the goal be to KEEP viewers?

Lol

We’re nowhere near arrogant enough to think we can please every viewer. Again... you can watch anything else.

Just watched it and I'm not sure where the "LT was pissed" thing is coming from. Didn't appear to be at all from my viewing.

GC can put anything on for 2 hours so long as it is Damon taking another swing or attempting a chip again. That "motion" just gives off some bad vibes for everyone else's game.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Golf Channel is a success. They know how many viewers they have and the numbers are beyond what was imagined by Arny and his partner. Morning Drive is a big part of it and sure, I agree it's more interesting during the majors and on site at the trade show. I've watched it from the beginning and it's much improved since it was Eric and Gary sitting at a desk discussing back and forth like a radio sports talk show. It's far more varied in content now. Fitness week, information from the doctor, travel and course architecture, big hitter tips, and new faces keeps it interesting. Even the discussions between Charlie and Damon are amusing. One common agreement seems to be the endless airing of those horrible movies. I'd rather watch the Big Three or Shell's Wonderful

World of Golf. That's how bad those movies are.

Lol

We’re nowhere near arrogant enough to think we can please every viewer. Again... you can watch anything else.

You should try not being arrogant enough to tell viewers to watch something else or change the channel.

Paige McKenzie seems really sweet but B-C league as a on air contributor. When she goes on her LPGA rants, I hit mute.

Ginella seems like a great guy to hang with but is probably the most boring of them all. How did he get this gig?

Hack has great energy but it’s almost too manufactured and pushed. I think his energy trumps his weaknesses.

C Rymer and G Williams, are the glue of the show keeping the thoughts on point and informational.

Immelmann is great. Love him on there!

LT is awesome and doing a great job developing her on air. She needs a promotion.

Cara Robinson needs to go. Most of the time I really have a hard time understanding her. It’s as if she is talking with a mouth piece designed for boxing in and doesn’t fully commit her self to pronounce words. Then add the accent and it’s another language. Just needs to go away.

Bailey Chamblee is really annoying in pitch and real insight. It’s good they keep her to the over view and weather type shots with the monitor.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Let's see . . . . the first time someone complained with a thread about Morning Drive was . . . the first time it aired, lol.

Still bad, but our snow is still white (well, except for where the puppy visits). He senses when he is being talked about!

What a beautiful Setter. I'd watch him instead of Morning Drive any day.

Thanks!

And "bad" is an overstatement on my part. I don't watch enough anymore to judge and never liked EK so we got off to a bad start, MD and I.

I've caught RDD and have enjoyed his insights on there and on here, so not really pleased we have some ignorant taunting and provoking going on from a couple folks - not cool.

Folks on MD are likeable and seem genuine and it can't be all things to all people. It knows what it is, but it's so blue and so bright, lol, and it's early in the morning!

I think Jerry Foltz and RDD in a radio show/talk format would be really interesting, would like to see GC get back to some on grass range segments, but I'm not a successful TV producer.

We all are critics but kind of lucky golf has a show on at all like that in the morning.

And yes, you can always change the channel.

In hindsight, EK leaving the show is like Radar leaving MASH. EK has not done much since. He left and did the pro football show in NBC sports that was like 1,000 other pro football shows, and I think it lasted a year.

I thought EK was a good host and straight man for the show. He could tee up the ball for others on the show and kept things moving. They don't have anything like that anymore.

[b][color=#000080]Driver[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]M3; 10[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]3 Wood[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour TC; 16[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Mizuno Fli-Hi; 21[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]5 iron to PW[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby MMB[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Wedge 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby CER; 56[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 3[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Callaway PM Wedge; 64[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Putter[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Ping Zing 2[/i][/color][/b]

The fact that there is an entire network dedicated to one game, and a talk show dedicated to one game is unbelievable if you think about it. I remember when the only sports coverage on TV was 10 minutes on the local evening news. Golf? Only if a major was being played it might get 60 seconds. ESPN was a big deal. George Michaels Sports Machine was revolutionary. Internet? Hell I just wanted my weekly Sports Illustrated and my monthly Golf Digest.

Y’all a bunch of spoiled babies.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Let's see . . . . the first time someone complained with a thread about Morning Drive was . . . the first time it aired, lol.

Still bad, but our snow is still white (well, except for where the puppy visits). He senses when he is being talked about!

Thanks!

And "bad" is an overstatement on my part. I don't watch enough anymore to judge and never liked EK so we got off to a bad start, MD and I.

I've caught RDD and have enjoyed his insights on there and on here, so not really pleased we have some ignorant taunting and provoking going on from a couple folks - not cool.

Folks on MD are likeable and seem genuine and it can't be all things to all people. It knows what it is, but it's so blue and so bright, lol, and it's early in the morning!

I think Jerry Foltz and RDD in a radio show/talk format would be really interesting, would like to see GC get back to some on grass range segments, but I'm not a successful TV producer.

We all are critics but kind of lucky golf has a show on at all like that in the morning.

Thanks! Foltz is prob too busy, but I’d like to work with him some day.

I haven't noticed a change. Still beats having no coverage in the mornings. Disappointed that I can't steam the show in their app any longer. Don't know why. Does anyone else have this issue? It just shows "Schedule not available" in the Listen Live section. I am logged in through my provider.

Cut the cord! Move to youtube tv and you'll watch it anywhere

I watched a landscape guy trying to tell everyone how to grow Bermuda grass. And instead of editing the video later he left all the bad takes in. So he said the same phrase over and over and over if a dog barked or a car beeped. Ugh, it was unbearable!

I'll keep my current cable and supplement with YouTube .

I haven't noticed a change. Still beats having no coverage in the mornings. Disappointed that I can't steam the show in their app any longer. Don't know why. Does anyone else have this issue? It just shows "Schedule not available" in the Listen Live section. I am logged in through my provider.

I watched a landscape guy trying to tell everyone how to grow Bermuda grass. And instead of editing the video later he left all the bad takes in. So he said the same phrase over and over and over if a dog barked or a car beeped. Ugh, it was unbearable!

Lnk?

+1 I'm thankful we have a show devoted to our sport. That being said, always room for improvement. Agree with Thunder Dan's observations, especially highlights in lieu movies. Have liked the documentaries (Jack, Arnie, the series with various golfers talking about memorable tournaments). Course, resort, and equipment review would be welcome too....as long as it was tailored for the masses (i.e., maybe not Pebble Beach so much...). Not crazy about any of the announcing core except maybe LT and CR, but I can live with them all....

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Thanks!

Since my aim was to please you, count me in as super-disappointed. Pious much?

Their speed golf attempt on the simulator this morning was hilariously bad.

It was supposed to be...

Is that something known for certain or speculation?

If it was supposed to be bad I wouldn’t think they would have put up the time they were trying to beat.

Confirmed. I hit the third shot. We knew we couldn’t break the record so we didn’t treat it very seriously.

Thanks for your service :victory:

Lnk?

I'll sorta try to find it. You know YouTube sometimes the videos pop up randomly . If you don't subscribe to the channel , you may never see it again.

It's been the same crappy show ever since Comcast / NBC tried to turn it into the Today show. Can't believe I'm saying this but it was better when Erik Kuselias was banging Holly on the side and it was just him and Gary.

I will say though, the video of watching Damon Hack try to chip playing "Golf Pong" at the PGA Show was the funniest thing I've seen in years. I am dumbfounded how someone can play as much golf as he does and suck so badly.

http://www.golfchann...beer-pong-golf/

He's certainly one of my heroes. I've stood right next to her a few times. You'd need a crane to get me off her......lol