New Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X

189111314
14

Comments

  • AmazinBlueAmazinBlue  1159WRX Points: 150Handicap: 11Members Posts: 1,159 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #302
    How the the CS sound off the putter? Does it have click or a thud? Is it a dull sound or.more of a sharper sound? I like the idea of it being soft, hopefully softer than last Year’s. For those that have played it please let me know.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR 460 Tour Issue Pro Launch Blue 44.25"
    Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
    Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Under Construction
    Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM7 58*/14* D Grind Tour Chrome
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide 33.5" 
    Maxfli Tour
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Mars 1108WRX Points: 165Handicap: 1Members Posts: 1,108 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #303
    GRAPHENE IS LIQUID METAL
    Posted:
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1  903WRX Points: 262Members Posts: 903 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #304
    AmazinBlue wrote:


    How the the CS sound off the putter? Does it have click or a thud? Is it a dull sound or.more of a sharper sound? I like the idea of it being soft, hopefully softer than last Year's. For those that have played it please let me know.




    To me it is more of a thud than a click. The CSX feels similar to the Qstar Tour with a slightly more muted thud. The CS to me is closer in feel and sound to the Bridgestone Tour B RXS. I don't really feel that it is much softer than last years CS off the putter.
    Posted:
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues  3505WRX Points: 169Members Posts: 3,505 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #305
    Played with the CSX yesterday, perfect conditions here in Los Angeles. 75*, little to no breeze,fairways brown and fast. Off the driver, the 18 CSX is an improvement in feel, over the 18 CS, little harder and trajectory a little lower. But it did some crazy weird stuff off the wedge for me (about 95 yard, 52* gap wedge RTX 3.0), ball flew high, drop and then a weird, severe right turn on ground to roll out about 10 yards. WTF. I thought it was the sprinkler head or something but it was not. This happened twice, and once I can chalk it up to a sprinkler (probably) but the second one had none nearby.



    Driving distance was the same as other balls, I didn't have any "wow" moments even when I thought I smashed it. Compared to the 18 CS, my miss off the driver was a little more right. I'll play another round with the 18 CSX but right now, I don't see any benefits of the 18CSX over my regular balls, XV and XT. So far, for me, XT > XV > 18 CSX for driver. 2c
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

    Taylormade P790 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 105 S300 with ProSoft inserts, Pure Wrap grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" (Presse IV tweaked) Putter with BGT Stability shaft


    Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Indianapolis 3523WRX Points: 202Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 3,523 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #306
    We have a 4 dozen for the price of 3 dozen at our club, so I can get 4 dozen for an average price of $33/dozen. Seems like a pretty good deal and worth trying. I am going to get 2 dozen of each (regular and X) and see which I like better.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
    PM19 60 degree raw wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6630WRX Points: 1,078Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 6,630 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #307
    Mob wrote:


    We have a 4 dozen for the price of 3 dozen at our club, so I can get 4 dozen for an average price of $33/dozen. Seems like a pretty good deal and worth trying. I am going to get 2 dozen of each (regular and X) and see which I like better.




    Those would be the older, '17 CS, and not the new ones, correct ?
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Indianapolis 3523WRX Points: 202Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 3,523 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #308
    New ones
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
    PM19 60 degree raw wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Indianapolis 3523WRX Points: 202Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 3,523 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #309
    nsxguy wrote:

    Mob wrote:


    We have a 4 dozen for the price of 3 dozen at our club, so I can get 4 dozen for an average price of $33/dozen. Seems like a pretty good deal and worth trying. I am going to get 2 dozen of each (regular and X) and see which I like better.




    Those would be the older, '17 CS, and not the new ones, correct ?




    2018
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
    PM19 60 degree raw wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6630WRX Points: 1,078Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 6,630 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 26, 2018 #310
    Mob wrote:

    nsxguy wrote:

    Mob wrote:


    We have a 4 dozen for the price of 3 dozen at our club, so I can get 4 dozen for an average price of $33/dozen. Seems like a pretty good deal and worth trying. I am going to get 2 dozen of each (regular and X) and see which I like better.




    Those would be the older, '17 CS, and not the new ones, correct ?




    2018




    Do you work there ?



    Any idea why they'd be selling the new ones 4 for 3 ?



    They're selling the OLD ones for roughly that.



    Haven't even seen the annual ProV1 promotion yet this year.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Indianapolis 3523WRX Points: 202Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 3,523 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #311
    nsxguy wrote:

    Mob wrote:

    nsxguy wrote:

    Mob wrote:


    We have a 4 dozen for the price of 3 dozen at our club, so I can get 4 dozen for an average price of $33/dozen. Seems like a pretty good deal and worth trying. I am going to get 2 dozen of each (regular and X) and see which I like better.




    Those would be the older, '17 CS, and not the new ones, correct ?








    2018




    Do you work there ?



    Any idea why they'd be selling the new ones 4 for 3 ?



    They're selling the OLD ones for roughly that.



    Haven't even seen the annual ProV1 promotion yet this year.




    Our club pro is a Callaway master staffer and they’ve extended this offer for the first time this year to their master staff for individuals and their clubs.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
    PM19 60 degree raw wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational  1713WRX Points: 239Handicap: ?Members Posts: 1,713 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #312
    NEW CS Truvis is good
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • winnddyywinnddyy  128WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 128 Fairways
    Joined:  #313
    I was at the PGA Tour SS store yesterday after my round to have a Golf Ball fitting done. I spent about 1 hour hitting many balls of different brands. I am a 55 yr young, 8.4 handicapper with a slow/smooth swing. I had been playing ProV for years but switched to Tour Soft few weeks ago. I hit many balls with my gamers (driver, 8 iron and SW) and the top 3 overall ball results:



    Q Star Tour and Titleist ProV provided the same result (spin, overall distance). Titleist Tour Soft gave me about 5 yds more on the driver but a little less spin with the SW, as expected. Middle irons are the same for all three balls. I got about 2200-2600 for all three ball on the driver spin.



    I wanted to try the 2018 CS but since it was just released, it was not part of the PGA SS so called "Test-Ball Box". I went ahead and purchased a box of 2018 CS and used one as test ball. At this time, I was somewhat tired after playing 18 holes earlier and hitting balls for about an hours; but the result was astounding (compared to the Q Star, ProV and Tour Soft):

    Driver: gained 9 yds average, on overall carry and total distance with spin about 2200-2400 and 2MPH ball-speed increase.

    Iron: Average of 3 yds distance increase

    SW: similar spins to the other 3 balls above



    Cant wait to test it out on the course this Friday. Kudos to Mr. Ty at PGA Tour SS (in Plano, TX) for spending an hour patiently fitting me with the best ball.
    Posted:
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful  1250WRX Points: 162Members Posts: 1,250 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #314
    When it sounds too good to be true...
    Posted:
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational  1713WRX Points: 239Handicap: ?Members Posts: 1,713 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #315
    It's good. It's not like ground breaking absurdly amazing like the TP5 or Nike Platinum / Black Tours. it is good though. Better than previous model.
    Posted:
  • short gameshort game  301WRX Points: 35Handicap: 13Members Posts: 301 Greens
    Joined:  #316
    played a few holes with the new CS Truvis. Is it me or is this ball "not soft"? Doesn't feel like the old CS at all. Much firmer off of the club.



    i kind of liked the old feel better.
    Posted:
    Ping G 400 Max 10.5 Driver; Aldila Copper X-torsion 50R
    Epic 3 wood
    Ping G 400 7 wood
    Ping G 410 4,5 hybrid
    Ping G 410 6 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54 / 58
    Betti BB 54 / Ping Tyne

    Titelst Pro V1
  • RedWolfWayRedWolfWay  44WRX Points: 15Members Posts: 44 Bunkers
    Joined:  #317
    The Chrome Soft line is a super ball, and every bit as good as the Pro V1 line (longer too, IMO). Chrome Soft line is such a step up for Callaway from previous lines, IMO the Speed Regime line was so poor I was hesitant to even try the Chrome Soft ball this past year... but here we are.



    With the raving they had from the year before, they didn't need to raise prices on the '18 line, as I believe their following from the year before would have continued to ding Titleist and the other premium balls. Price hike will hurt for sure.



    Overall, still a great ball and happy they are back in the game in terms of balls. Titleist isn't the dominating force they once were with the CS rave.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9° Oban Hashimoto 70X
    Callaway Rouge 15° HZRDUS Yellow 75X
    Titleist 915 18° Diamana D+ 80S
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW Project X 6.0
    Mizuno T7 Chrome 52/08, 58/08 Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 35"
    Titleist Pro V1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues  3505WRX Points: 169Members Posts: 3,505 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #318
    My second round with the CSX was again, nothing spectacular with the ball. It confirmed what I thought from my 1st round, the CSX is soft but distance wise it was no better than my XV or XT balls. Based on my driving and the landing spots, I think both XV & XT balls are longer off the driver. Spin wise and softness, the CSX is king though. For me, this is not what I was after.



    Given the price point, I think I will pass on the CSX balls in favor of the other X balls in my bag.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

    Taylormade P790 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 105 S300 with ProSoft inserts, Pure Wrap grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" (Presse IV tweaked) Putter with BGT Stability shaft


    Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • BottleCapBottleCap  1494WRX Points: 249Members Posts: 1,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #319
    This is a nice ball, don't know if I like the Chrome Soft or the Titleist Tour Soft better. Both are excellent
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • c50soonerc50sooner  87WRX Points: 71Handicap: 9Members Posts: 87 Fairways
    Joined:  #320
    Chipped and putted with a sleeve of '18 CS and CSX today. Was not a fan of the CSX off the putter last year, so was anxious to compare these on the practice green. '18 CSX definitely feels better off the putter face than last year's model in my opinion. In fact it wasn't obvious to me which ball type I was putting today which says a lot for the X, whereas with the previous models the difference was obvious. Still prefer to putt the CS, but could play either. Chipping, both balls spun plenty to put brakes on, CS definitely noticeably softer feeling off the wedge. Anxious to see how they spin on full shots, which is the only reason I'm considering the X (want more spin).
    Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Aldila NK2V Green S / Callaway GBB 3 Wood - Kuro Kage TiNi R / Callaway Apex 20, 23 Hybrid - Kuro Kage Black S / Srixon Z355 5-PW - NS Pro 950GH S / Callaway MD2 47,52,56 - DG S300 / Odyssey Rossie 2 / TaylorMade TP5x
  • MorryMorry  912WRX Points: 65Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 912 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #321
    c50sooner wrote:


    Chipped and putted with a sleeve of '18 CS and CSX today. Was not a fan of the CSX off the putter last year, so was anxious to compare these on the practice green. '18 CSX definitely feels better off the putter face than last year's model in my opinion. In fact it wasn't obvious to me which ball type I was putting today which says a lot for the X, whereas with the previous models the difference was obvious. Still prefer to putt the CS, but could play either. Chipping, both balls spun plenty to put brakes on, CS definitely noticeably softer feeling off the wedge. Anxious to see how they spin on full shots, which is the only reason I'm considering the X (want more spin).


    interested in how you find the full shots
    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / VA Nemesys 65 S 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • addageaddage  208WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 208 Fairways
    Joined:  #322
    Played 3-4 rounds with the 2018 CSX. A very good ball, but nothing to me stood out over the regular Pro V1, which I’ve been playing since it was released last year. One big negative I noticed in my testing is the very poor durability. Significant cover damage after one well struck wedge shot. Lots of sand grains get stuck in the cover. CSX definitely is much less durable than the Pro V. Since there was no signifcant performance gain, I’m sticking with Pro V.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6630WRX Points: 1,078Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 6,630 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #323
    addage wrote:


    Played 3-4 rounds with the 2018 CSX. A very good ball, but nothing to me stood out over the regular Pro V1, which I’ve been playing since it was released last year. One big negative I noticed in my testing is the very poor durability. Significant cover damage after one well struck wedge shot. Lots of sand grains get stuck in the cover. CSX definitely is much less durable than the Pro V. Since there was no signifcant performance gain, I’m sticking with Pro V.




    Haven't had a chance to try the '18 yet but the '17 (regular, not X) is extremely durable. How hard do you hit your wedge ? I haven't shredded, or caused any damage to the cover on a golf ball with a wedge since those 10(?) year old Callaway "Jaws"(?) wedges.



    Not only are the '17s very durable but I use the Yellow Truvis and when they get just a minor scuff on them, which with a white ball would cause it to go in the shag bag after the round, the Yellow Truvis doesn't hardly even show a scuff mark and IT goes right back into the ball pocket of my bag after the round. Get an easy 36 holes of of one before I retire it.



    When I played regular white balls, 1 round and done.



    Will be interested to try the new ones in a few weeks.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 2,846 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #324
    erock9174 wrote:



    does graphene help that much? can i put some in my wifes coffee




    Post of the year thus far




    thanks man, u should try it. Has done wonders, every morning i wake up to breakfast in bed, then she insists I play golf every day and then rubs my aching back when i get home.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • addageaddage  208WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 208 Fairways
    Joined:  #325
    nsxguy wrote:

    addage wrote:


    Played 3-4 rounds with the 2018 CSX. A very good ball, but nothing to me stood out over the regular Pro V1, which I’ve been playing since it was released last year. One big negative I noticed in my testing is the very poor durability. Significant cover damage after one well struck wedge shot. Lots of sand grains get stuck in the cover. CSX definitely is much less durable than the Pro V. Since there was no signifcant performance gain, I’m sticking with Pro V.




    Haven't had a chance to try the '18 yet but the '17 (regular, not X) is extremely durable. How hard do you hit your wedge ? I haven't shredded, or caused any damage to the cover on a golf ball with a wedge since those 10(?) year old Callaway "Jaws"(?) wedges.



    Not only are the '17s very durable but I use the Yellow Truvis and when they get just a minor scuff on them, which with a white ball would cause it to go in the shag bag after the round, the Yellow Truvis doesn't hardly even show a scuff mark and IT goes right back into the ball pocket of my bag after the round. Get an easy 36 holes of of one before I retire it.



    When I played regular white balls, 1 round and done.



    Will be interested to try the new ones in a few weeks.




    I tend to pinch my wedges pretty hard. I just got new MD4s, which might have something to do with it. But the 18 CSX also fails the bark and cart path tests compared to the Pro V1.
    Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6630WRX Points: 1,078Handicap: 8.6Members Posts: 6,630 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #326
    addage wrote:

    nsxguy wrote:

    addage wrote:


    Played 3-4 rounds with the 2018 CSX. A very good ball, but nothing to me stood out over the regular Pro V1, which I’ve been playing since it was released last year. One big negative I noticed in my testing is the very poor durability. Significant cover damage after one well struck wedge shot. Lots of sand grains get stuck in the cover. CSX definitely is much less durable than the Pro V. Since there was no signifcant performance gain, I’m sticking with Pro V.




    Haven't had a chance to try the '18 yet but the '17 (regular, not X) is extremely durable. How hard do you hit your wedge ? I haven't shredded, or caused any damage to the cover on a golf ball with a wedge since those 10(?) year old Callaway "Jaws"(?) wedges.



    Not only are the '17s very durable but I use the Yellow Truvis and when they get just a minor scuff on them, which with a white ball would cause it to go in the shag bag after the round, the Yellow Truvis doesn't hardly even show a scuff mark and IT goes right back into the ball pocket of my bag after the round. Get an easy 36 holes of of one before I retire it.



    When I played regular white balls, 1 round and done.



    Will be interested to try the new ones in a few weeks.




    I tend to pinch my wedges pretty hard. I just got new MD4s, which might have something to do with it. But the 18 CSX also fails the bark and cart path tests compared to the Pro V1.




    The "bark test". image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />



    Funny you mention that - just today I hit a drive in the tree line and tried to punch a low 5 iron. Caught it very solidly and hit a tree smack in the middle and the ball ended up behind me. Checked it out after the hole and the wasn't a mark on it. ('17 CS). image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

  • MorryMorry  912WRX Points: 65Handicap: 8.0Members Posts: 912 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #327
    Tested csX vs. my XV regular ball and the tp5



    off the tee, csx seemed as long as the xv and straighter with nice flight - tp5 seemed to drop out of sky and was shorter

    irons - csx and tp5 much better spin and feel than xv in my mind

    around and on green - csx better spin off wedge and feel off putter in between tp5 and xv - goldilocks in my mind



    really impressed with this 2018 csX

    Leaning towards replacing xv in my bag this year

    tp5 is out (didn't like the tp5x either - inconsistent flight and control for me)



    more testing, but it hits all the right notes for me so far
    Posted:
    Ping G410 12.0 -  EvenFlow Blue 65 6.5 / VA Nemesys 65 S 
    TM M6 5W - Fuji Evo III 757 S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 760 4-P - Modus 105-X
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Tour Shaft 
    CS-X  
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LondonerLondoner  1471WRX Points: 275Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,471 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 14, 2018 #328
    Has anybody said what the Graphene is supposed to do? Hard to cost as its dependent on its state etc. But theres not going to be too much in each ball.
    Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3078WRX Points: 165Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,078 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #329
    Londoner wrote:


    Has anybody said what the Graphene is supposed to do? Hard to cost as its dependent on its state etc. But theres not going to be too much in each ball.




    Graphene is in the outer core layer which lightens it without it losing resiliency. That allows for a larger inner core with more mass closer to the center of the ball, which in theory leads to greater spin seperation from long clubs to short ones.



    That's my understanding of it, anyway. Think there are some videos on Callaway's web page that go into greater detail.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • LondonerLondoner  1471WRX Points: 275Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,471 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #330
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

    Londoner wrote:


    Has anybody said what the Graphene is supposed to do? Hard to cost as its dependent on its state etc. But theres not going to be too much in each ball.




    Graphene is in the outer core layer which lightens it without it losing resiliency. That allows for a larger inner core with more mass closer to the center of the ball, which in theory leads to greater spin seperation from long clubs to short ones.



    That's my understanding of it, anyway. Think there are some videos on Callaway's web page that go into greater detail.


    Thanks, i will have a look.
    Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RonnieoRonnieo  94WRX Points: 68Handicap: +3Members Posts: 94 Fairways
    Joined:  edited Mar 15, 2018 #331
    I was playing last years CS and liked the performance, haven't tried the new CS I am even more of a fan. It's comes of the driver great but I am happier with the feel around the greens. I would recommend giving it a try and if you are worried about the price Callaway are doing a 4 for 3 deal at the moment.
    Posted:
14

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.