Titleist 2019 ProV1 Prototype

Comments

• jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 908 ✭✭
    I played both 2019 protos. today. The X was an X, pretty hard and high. The V1 was a revelation. Softer cover, lower compression and great. Can't wait till they are released !
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

I played both 2019 protos. today. The X was an X, pretty hard and high. The V1 was a revelation. Softer cover, lower compression and great. Can't wait till they are released !

So the Pro v1 is softer...hmmm..the AVX is soft, I play it. I dont play the Pro v1, but now makes ya feel more confused on Titleist's thought process .....just sayin
  • kcd38kcd38 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

Any feedback on long/mid iron spin with the 2019 pro V1?
    Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0
    3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, Tensei Ck Blue 70 Stiff
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 degree, Tour AD DI 95x Hybrid 
    4-PW - Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4 iron, Mizuno MP 18 SC 5-PW, KBS C Taper 130x
    Wedges - Vokey SM7 52 F, 56 F, 60 D 
    Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • bigeasybigeasy Bigeasy Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

Just curious, how did you get your hands on these?
    Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
    Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
    Taylormade M1 19* hybrid
    Mizuno MP25 4-PW CTaperLite
    Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300
    Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 SS tour 2.0
     Srixon Z star, TP5, Prov1
    USGA Handicap 6.2
    GolfPride MCC Plus 4 and Tour Velvet Plus 4

USA! Love it or leave it!
    edited Sep 13, 2018 #36
    Answers to both good questions, in order. The long iron spin was excellent. The ball stayed in the air, checked but did not seem affected by the wind. 2d, my pro received a sleeve of each and was nice enough to share. Boy, is he going to be pissed when I tell him I want to trade in the 8 doz. 2107s to wait for the 2019s. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' /> image/ban.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ban:' /> And to answer another question, it didn't feel like an AVX, especially around the greens. I thought it flew beautifully, but it chipped and putted like a V1. It didn't have the "heavy" feeling I associate with the AVX. Anyone getting anything to test from Titleist yet ?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 1putt2win21putt2win2 Members Posts: 1,356 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

so the X was an X and the V was a V? can't wait to see the new box = )
    edited Sep 13, 2018 #38
    LOL, kinda sorta; no fireworks went off upon contact !! But the V1 suited me a little better (and I shot 1under) so I'm looking forward to the new box, too.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,517 ✭✭
    1putt2win2 wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

and pay 2.50 more!
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2018 #40
    1putt2win2 wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

I can't wait to see the yellow versions of the new ball! If the 2019 Pro V1 is truly a fraction softer it may cause me to switch out of the AVX.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • 1putt2win21putt2win2 Members Posts: 1,356 ✭✭
    QuigleyDU wrote:

1putt2win2 wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

and pay 2.50 more!

another price increase for the new balls? doesnt surprise me...i have enough V's to last me to the 21 box.
  •  M.D.Lee M.D.Lee Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

Answers to both good questions, in order. The long iron spin was excellent. The ball stayed in the air, checked but did not seem affected by the wind. 2d, my pro received a sleeve of each and was nice enough to share. Boy, is he going to be pissed when I tell him I want to trade in the 8 doz. 2107s to wait for the 2019s. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' /> image/ban.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ban:' /> And to answer another question, it didn't feel like an AVX, especially around the greens. I thought it flew beautifully, but it chipped and putted like aV1. It didn't have the "heavy" feeling I associate with the AVX. Anyone getting anything to test from Titleist yet ?

The wind performance was even better?
    Titleist TS3 9.5° • MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Titleist TS3 15.0° • Aldila Rogue 125MSI 80TX
    Titleist 818H2 19° • Accra FX 300H M4, Tipped 1"
    Callaway Apex Pro16 (4-5) & Apex MB18 (6-9) • Oban CT-115 X-Flex
    Titleist Vokey SM7 • 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.04L • Oban CT-115 X-Flex
    Piretti Cortino LN 2 33.50” • Bridgestone Tour BXS
    M.D.Lee wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

Answers to both good questions, in order. The long iron spin was excellent. The ball stayed in the air, checked but did not seem affected by the wind. 2d, my pro received a sleeve of each and was nice enough to share. Boy, is he going to be pissed when I tell him I want to trade in the 8 doz. 2107s to wait for the 2019s. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' /> image/ban.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ban:' /> And to answer another question, it didn't feel like an AVX, especially around the greens. I thought it flew beautifully, but it chipped and putted like aV1. It didn't have the "heavy" feeling I associate with the AVX. Anyone getting anything to test from Titleist yet ?

The wind performance was even better?

YUP
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭
    They're in play in San Diego. You will be impressed.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Can you share what you found different or liked better with the 2019 ball?
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 4,974 ✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2018 #46
    monks66 wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

So the Pro v1 is softer...hmmm..the AVX is soft, I play it. I dont play the Pro v1, but now makes ya feel more confused on Titleist's thought process .....just sayin

Not sure why they went with AVX versus going with V1A.
    edited Sep 15, 2018 #47
    its like they made the 2019 pro v1 specs, closer to the AVX???
    noodle3872 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Can you share what you found different or liked better with the 2019 ball?

I wasn't the one one smacking them around the course but, my partner was and I was that annoying guy "howd that feel?" on every shot.

His game was in normal working order with nothing seeming out of place as he is a decent player.
  • wilavicwilavic Members Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Mine just showed today.I'm looking forward to trying them out
    wilavic wrote:

let us know how they compared to the AVX, if you have played the AVX
    monks66 wrote:

wilavic wrote:

let us know how they compared to the AVX, if you have played the AVX

AVX spin less. What else do you wanna know?
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    Played the proto x on friday it was cold so it was hard to get a real idea but it carried farther off the irons for me.
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • hmurrayhmurray Members Posts: 27
    2bGood wrote:

monks66 wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

Not sure why they went with AVX versus going with V1A.

My conspiracy theory opinion was that Titleist wanted to see if golfers would actually pay premium prices for a yellow golf ball. If the AVX stays around a few cycles, then I'm clearly wrong. I asked the Titleist ball fitting reps about a yellow ProV1 three years ago. They're just so much easier to see in the air at this point in my life (age). The reps said they couldn't get the cover formula to work with yellow.....and kinda looked at me like I had two heads. When I played the 2019 Prov1 proto recently, I thought it launched similarly to the AVX, but it spun much better around the greens than the AVX, which I struggled to control around the green.
    Titleist TS3
    PING 19* Hybrid
    Srixon Z585 4i / Z785 5-PW w/ Nippon 120
    Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 58
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,753 ✭✭
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #54
    bigeasy wrote:

jwb10 wrote:

Just curious, how did you get your hands on these?

free sleeve of each with a pack of socks of course !
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,221 ✭✭
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #55
    Well I just read this whole thread. I’m not sure why. It will be a very chilly day in Hades before I pay $4 bucks for a golf ball.

....but I might if I got a nice pack of socks with a sleeve.. ; )
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • uvaskemeuvaskeme Members Posts: 177
    These showed up in my mailbox today. Can’t wait to try them out this weekend.
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭

Well I just read this whole thread. I’m not sure why. It will be a very chilly day in Hades before I pay $4 bucks for a golf ball.

I'm with you. A tour pro might pick up the differences but 99% of the people on this page can't. I'll stick to my $20 a dozen urethane balls and shoot a handful over par and laugh at the Titleist whores chunking $4 balls into the drink. To each their own though!
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
    Simp wrote:

Well I just read this whole thread. I'm not sure why. It will be a very chilly day in Hades before I pay $4 bucks for a golf ball.

I'm with you. A tour pro might pick up the differences but 99% of the people on this page can't. I'll stick to my $20 a dozen urethane balls and shoot a handful over par and laugh at the Titleist whores chunking $4 balls into the drink. To each their own though!

u boys stink !! image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' /> image/bye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • lyons238lyons238 Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    does a v1x have higher flight than the v1? I thought the v1x was for faster swing speeds to compress the ball I could be wrong though
  • melly9melly9 Members Posts: 29
    Just got my box in the mail. Will give a little review after I play tomorrow morning.
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    I played around today putting and chipping the red numbered prototype and the prov1x, the proto feel much softer, like the avx. I prefer the harder ball to putt and chip with which if why I play the prov1x not the prov1. Curious to see what I think when I take it on the course