NFL 2018-19 season discussion...

touch

Wow ... That was a bad call ... Like historically bad call ... Like Tim Donahue get the Rams in the Super Bowl bad call.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was nice to see Drew Brees finally on the short end of the stick officiating wise. My even bigger wonder is what was Robey-Coleman doing, if he looked at the ball at all that play, its likely a pick six....

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

I thought it was nice to see Drew Brees finally on the short end of the stick officiating wise. My even bigger wonder is what was Robey-Coleman doing, if he looked at the ball at all that play, its likely a pick six....

You’re kidding, right? Drew Brees is among the most stand up guys in the league. The Saints don’t get any favoritism from officials.....over the past 10 or so years, they’ve been in the middle of the pack when it comes to team penalties (look it up).....so thanks for the fake news. In regards to your other question, if Robey-Coleman had actually looked at the ball this entire controversy would be academic, wouldn’t it.

You’re kidding, right? Drew Brees is among the most stand up guys in the league. The Saints don’t get any favoritism from officials.....over the past 10 or so years, they’ve been in the middle of the pack when it comes to team penalties (look it up).....so thanks for the fake news. In regards to your other question, if Robey-Coleman had actually looked at the ball this entire controversy would be academic, wouldn’t it.

Lol, he just annoys me, I didn't say he's a bad person . I really don't mind seeing the bubble wrapped golden QB's of the league on the other end of calls. Plus for me, its long awaited karma for Ahmad Brooks: https://www.ninersna...ers-saints-2013

To me its not a controversy, the refs sucking is nothing new. We saw the Saints got hooked earlier on them missing a blatant facemask so they set the precedent. Games down the wire all season(s) have been effected by poor calls....maybe now they may attempt to right the ship.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

I don't post much in these threads , as i don't watch as much football anymore....obviously that Rams/ Saints call was bad. I just find it a bit amusing that a bad call at the end of the game gets all the attention. The Patriots beat the Chiefs today, and on a key 4th quarter drive there was a phanton roughing the passer call and a very questionable catch call (i honestly don't know why that was a catch and the one later on was not, both were being bobbled by Hogan)

The Ringer already called the no-interference the "worst call in playoff history".....somewhat of a recency bias (the tuck rule call still is pretty egregious IMO).....but there's terrible calls in every game

single elimination.....what can you do

this is why the NBA is better.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You’re kidding, right? Drew Brees is among the most stand up guys in the league. The Saints don’t get any favoritism from officials.....over the past 10 or so years, they’ve been in the middle of the pack when it comes to team penalties (look it up).....so thanks for the fake news. In regards to your other question, if Robey-Coleman had actually looked at the ball t

his entire controversy would be academic, wouldn’t it.

It was a terrible call. see the the garbage call on Ahmad brooks against drew bree's cost the Niners home field and they lost to the Seahawks in Seattle.

Romo called every play at the line pre-snap. Dude just works it. Witten on the other hand should be canned.

Refs ruined a brees vs brady super bowl. Definitely would have been a better narrative.

NBA is a joke. No comparison. There’s a reason why the NFL will always be the king of television in America.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I don't post much in these threads , as i don't watch as much football anymore....obviously that Rams/ Saints call was bad. I just find it a bit amusing that a bad call at the end of the game gets all the attention. The Patriots beat the Chiefs today, and on a key 4th quarter drive there was a phanton roughing the passer call and a very questionable catch call (i honestly don't know why that was a catch and the one later on was not, both were being bobbled by Hogan)

The Ringer already called the no-interference the "worst call in playoff history".....somewhat of a recency bias (the tuck rule call still is pretty egregious IMO).....but there's terrible calls in every game

The Saints non call was blatantly obvious, cause there was like two penalties the DB committed. Just tackle the guy before ball gets there and then smash him in the head at same time. The non call roughing penalty was bad call, but that happens a lot. Anything up around the head of a QB for the most part is going to be called. And the catch was a catch. Ball did not move at all when contacting the ground. And I am an NBA fan but don't get started on its better, like take five steps on a drive to the hoop.....

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

The Saints non call was blatantly obvious, cause there was like two penalties the DB committed. Just tackle the guy before ball gets there and then smash him in the head at same time. The non call roughing penalty was bad call, but that happens a lot. Anything up around the head of a QB for the most part is going to be called. And the catch was a catch. Ball did not move at all when contacting the ground. And I am an NBA fan but don't get started on its better, like take five steps on a drive to the hoop.....

I believe that rule only applies to James Harden , and it's when he steps away from the hoop to shoot a 3.

I mean a bad call is a bad call. The roughing the passer call was bad, mostly for the fact that he did not rough the passer.

I don't really know what a catch is. The ball was moving when it hit the ground, and than he got control of it. If that is a catch OK. Like i said i don't watch a ton of football anymore

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Most of the calls are disputable because of vaguely written rules, i.e. The catch and tuck rules.

Today's Saints/Rams call just sucked ... And I honestly couldn't have cared less who won the game.

I believe that rule only applies to James Harden , and it's when he steps away from the hoop to shoot a 3.

I mean a bad call is a bad call. The roughing the passer call was bad, mostly for the fact that he did not rough the passer.

I don't really know what a catch is. The ball was moving when it hit the ground, and than he got control of it. If that is a catch OK. Like i said i don't watch a ton of football anymore

Sorry the ball was NOT moving when it hit the ground. There was a call later where the ball did move, it was called a catch, and was overturned. So you might be confusing the two. Lol James H and everyone else in the NBA.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Too bad they don’t have replay for traveling in nba. It’s 50/50 and toss up that someone is walking to the hoop with every drive. Lebron has made a career out of it.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Sorry the ball was NOT moving when it hit the ground. There was a call later where the ball did move, it was called a catch, and was overturned. So you might be confusing the two. Lol James H and everyone else in the NBA.

LeBron doesn't travel, he lobster steps ...

The rest of the NBA now Euro steps ...

And Harden doesn't travel on his step back 3, it's a gather step - or 4 ...

See, it's not breaking the rules if you call it something new.

LeBron doesn't travel, he lobster steps ...

The rest of the NBA now Euro steps ...

And Harden doesn't travel on his step back 3, it's a gather step - or 4 ...

See, it's not breaking the rules if you call it something new.

The Euro Travel.....and EuroPass not included. No freebies.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Lol, he just annoys me, I didn't say he's a bad person . I really don't mind seeing the bubble wrapped golden QB's of the league on the other end of calls. Plus for me, its long awaited karma for Ahmad Brooks: https://www.ninersna...ers-saints-2013

To me its not a controversy, the refs sucking is nothing new. We saw the Saints got hooked earlier on them missing a blatant facemask so they set the precedent. Games down the wire all season(s) have been effected by poor calls....maybe now they may attempt to right the ship.

So one questionable call justifies another??? I’m confused. And are you really trying to compare a call from week 11 in 2013 with one in the last 2 mins of the NFC Championship Game? Plus, no one was going to beat Seattle that year anyway. I will agree with you that something needs to be done to hold these refs accountable for sh*tty calls that determine the outcome of the game. Perhaps better use of replay by the refs.....then again, replay doesn’t solve everything, as evidenced by Brady and the tuck rule controversy.

So one questionable call justifies another??? I’m confused. And are you really trying to compare a call from week 11 in 2013 with one in the last 2 mins of the NFC Championship Game? Plus, no one was going to beat Seattle that year anyway. I will agree with you that something needs to be done to hold these refs accountable for sh*tty calls that determine the outcome of the game. Perhaps better use of replay by the refs.....then again, replay doesn’t solve everything, as evidenced by Brady and the tuck rule controversy.

Yeah but the tuck rule controversy was an actual rule back then. A bad one at that. But a rule.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Folks can argue about which call was worse, heck chiefs long catch that setup the go ahead TD seemed to be an illegal pick play, although CBS only showed Belichek flipping out instead of the replay.

The fact this continues to be an issue year after year and requires a team to miss the Super Bowl to maybe drive change is infuriating. If the announcers can get a replay on screen within 5 seconds, there is no reason to not allow an extra ref to watch

Yeah but the tuck rule controversy was an actual rule back then. A bad one at that. But a rule.

That’s exactly my point.....replay reversed the call on the field (fumble) with an incomplete pass, which was an application of the existing rule.....but that didn’t stop it from remaining controversial to this day.

You are confused...because you're taking this far too seriously lol. I simply didn't mind seeing Brees get a bad call (again, terrible call), and as a Niner fan yes I enjoyed it more due to the bad call favoring Brees, that had big implications for us in 2013. Thats really all, you added the rest trying to make it more than it is.

The Tuck Rule was more similar to the Dez Bryant catch/no catch because those were "correct" calls due to terrible rules. Implementing replay to potentially effect missed judgement calls such as PI in this case, will be different. Clearly we all know refs have sucked and blow calls at an alarming rate, but this will be an interesting slope, and given how the NFL "handles" things, I dont have great confidence in them positively fixing a scenario like this.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

i think we'll see more PI if they move it to a challenge - then the game would be even longer. It was a horrible call but i don't want that to be challenged. Dez caught it btw.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Inside 2 minutes anything should be open to a challenge if the coach has one left.

Period.

The Saints call was awful but so was the missed facemask penalty on the previous drive. The call on Brady was terrible but so was the missed pick play and a handful of plays where Berry was just mauling Gronk - one hand on the back and one literally holding his left arm back - but that stuff isn't called either. Its gotten to the point where even guys like Romo just say well, they aren't going to call that.

Officiating in the NBA is so awful across the board that people have just accepted how bad it is. Which is pathetic given the size of the playing fields we're talking about between basketball and football. I have no idea how so many calls get missed in the NBA, it seems like every day on Sportscenter or PTI they are pointing out some bad call that got missed. And yes its usually a 5 step "non-travel travel"

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Inside 2 minutes anything should be open to a challenge if the coach has one left.

Period.

The Saints call was awful but so was the missed facemask penalty on the previous drive. The call on Brady was terrible but so was the missed pick play and a handful of plays where Berry was just mauling Gronk - one hand on the back and one literally holding his left arm back - but that stuff isn't called either. Its gotten to the point where even guys like Romo just say well, they aren't going to call that.

Officiating in the NBA is so awful across the board that people have just accepted how bad it is. Which is pathetic given the size of the playing fields we're talking about between basketball and football. I have no idea how so many calls get missed in the NBA, it seems like every day on Sportscenter or PTI they are pointing out some bad call that got missed. And yes its usually a 5 step "non-travel travel"

I don't know why the coach should need to have a challenge though, if the goal is to get calls right just let the officials review everything inside 2 minutes, or even 5 minutes. People want the right call

One thing the NBA does well is allow official reviews late in game for most things. Like you won't see an incorrect out of bounds call determine a game because they review anything close.

It's just a common sense thing. I cant imagine most NFL fans would care if the game was 10 minutes longer

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The Rams/Saints non call is just one of the most egregious examples that because of its timing make it look even worse. Any good coach will tell you bad calls are part of the game and you have to overcome, true. And as tough as this example is for Saints fans to swallow, the fact is, they had the ball first in OT and didn't execute. The Saints had numerous opportunity to establish a bigger lead, to take control of the game, and they did not. When you fail to take advantage of an opportunity you let things like bad calls become a bigger factor.

Same holds true for Chiefs. They came into the game looking very unprepared. What was the game plan? Wing it? The Pats were looking pretty flat in the 2nd half and KC had many opportunities to impose their will and take control, but no, the defense got all "Star Struck" watching Brady do what Brady does.

Of course, easy for me to say, I am not a fan of any of the teams, but I nailed a big parlay yesterday which took many "fortunate" and unpredictable occurrences!

Thats the hard part about these conversations, it becomes the chicken or the egg mentality. Post game you can always point to a 3rd down stop there, or a completed pass there, that would have put you above a bad call impacting the outcome. However, games are games and things happen or dont and we see all too frequently, calls like that impacting the outcome. Even with the Saints not establishing a bigger lead, or taking control of the game if the refs simply make the correct call, the game is over and they win.

Bad officiating is part of sports and the human element of them, however incorrect calls directly impacting winners of the game are an unfortunate aspect to this. I also think the in times like the Saints/Rams the NFL needs a better handling of such a botched call. We all knew it was missed, however coming out officially saying it was wrong really doesnt help imo or fix the situation for the Saints. Just handle it in the offseason, and correct it going forward.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

penalties and no calls been just as bad 10 years ago; we can discuss about that till end of time; they can't do replays on penalties EVER

lost in all this was payton's play calling that left almost 2 minutes left on the clock; a coach of his calibur should have run it down their throat and force them to use those time outs/run clock.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

It is them still getting karma for Bounty Gate. The Saints deserve every bad call call they get.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar