Ben Hogan Putters!

chazpet ·  
chazpetchazpet  100WRX Points: 26Members Posts: 100 Fairways
Looks like Ben Hogan has decided to enter the putter market with 4 different carbon steel precision milled heads and super stroke grips stock. What do you guys think?

https://benhogangolf.com/collections/precision-milled-putters
Posted:
Cobra F9 Avalance 9* - Atmos TS Blue (Black) 6S Stiff
Cobra F9 Avalance 3 wood - Atmos TS Blue (Black) 7S Stiff
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3 iron DG S300
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW DG Pro 120 S300
Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M DG S200
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34" 340g

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1731808/chazs-witb

Comments

• freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, AL 82WRX Points: 19Handicap: 2.4Members Posts: 82 Fairways
    I think they are beautiful but for $250 they are completely ruining their competitive advantage of no middle man. I can get a Bettinardi for that price. Or a Stroke Lab. Which the Hogan may be just as good or better than those putters but why would they choose to compete in that market? Sub70 has their putters at $170 which is $20 less than the o works.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  705WRX Points: 432Members Posts: 705 Golden Tee
    Waaaaaay too expensive. I'm sure they're high quality, but those are pretty boring looking putters for $250. They look more like Wilson Staff's putters than anything else.

It is pretty nice to see a new face balanced blade hit the market. And I like the 2 degrees of loft.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
  • g-offg-off  412WRX Points: 143Handicap: 16.9Members Posts: 412 Greens
    $250 does seem a lot for entry into the market, they are good looking but I think they may price themselves out of the market, also curious about the lengths I have found a shorter putter works a lot better for me and 33.5 as shortest seems a bit long
    Posted:
    905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills!  6917WRX Points: 229ClubWRX Posts: 6,917 ClubWRX
    Ben Hogan with putters again, huh?  This time it's not with Bettinardi as the designer/maker...so it takes away some of the credibility the last attempt with putters had.  
    I grew up loving the Hogan brand and all that it stood for, but ever since Callaway bought them out...they've never quite been the same.
    Posted:
  • skyline209skyline209  4WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 4 Starters
    Since Ben Hogan has nothing to do with the new company, i feel 99%of the appeal has gone, now they are just another club maker, with silly marketing
    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  9577WRX Points: 3,060Handicap: 8Members Posts: 9,577 Titanium Tees
    I dont think that $250 is too much to ask for a milled putter. I really like the BHBO2, I have been looking for a double bend face balanced blade. I think I may end up with one. 
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15908WRX Points: 1,149ClubWRX Posts: 15,908 ClubWRX

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs) 589WRX Points: 81Handicap: 8Members Posts: 589 Golden Tee

I'm interested. But I don't think I'll be a buyer at that price. My Cleveland Huntington Beach was about $100, and I remain very happy with it. A price point under $200 would likely have me reaching for my wallet.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 3298WRX Points: 438Handicap: 8.2Members Posts: 3,298 Titanium Tees

They look 'off'/unrefined at address to me. They won't sell.

Posted:
    Sun Mountain 2.5+
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR-S Forged 5i
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 6-P
    Titleist SM6 52*F, 58*M
    Black Lab BL-1
  • bhj83bhj83 Kansas City 789WRX Points: 106Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 789 Golden Tee

I like the look of the putters but I'd like to try one for sure or at least hear some feedback from others. Can't seem to find any reviews yet. I went to their Contact Us page and asked if their putters would be part of their demo program soon. I would think this would be necessary since they aren't in stores.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 9.0 Tour Length
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 4-5W Set to 16.0
    Srixon U85 18
    Srixon Combo Set: 4-6 Z785, 7-PW Z Forged
    Cleveland RTX 3 52, 58, 62
    Evnroll ER3
    Titleist ProV1X | Srixon Z Star
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • Misc1600Misc1600  1000WRX Points: 130ClubWRX Posts: 1,000 ClubWRX

any updates?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • tsecortsecor Loading........  4577WRX Points: 447Members Posts: 4,577 Titanium Tees

the Wilson putter!! I picked one up for $85. The guy didn't like it and it was mint....I putt like I know what I'm doing with that 8802....love it!! the Hogan putter are really nice and when you compare it to a Cameron, its a bargain and it doesn't have an insert...I don't think its overpriced, but I do think it would make a huge splash in the $200 range>

On -, @Forged4ever said:

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP

Posted:
  • g-offg-off  412WRX Points: 143Handicap: 16.9Members Posts: 412 Greens

found one for $40 locally!!!

Posted:
    905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada.  439WRX Points: 269Members Posts: 439 Greens

^ Nice score there, that's a neat putter to have in the collection.

Posted:
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Studio Select NP2 mid slant 

Any info on the Ben Hogan p132? It’s a 8802 style, but can’t find any information

Posted:
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker  2438WRX Points: 493Handicap: 3Members Posts: 2,438 Platinum Tees

The cavity on the NP2 shape is not centered? The toe-side bumper is longer than the heel, very strange.

Posted:

Titleist 915D2 10.5*, Fujikura Pro 70X 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, Matrix 8Q3-X 41.5"
    Ping OG Rapture 2-U, DG XP - R300
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    "Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

Advertisement
  • cforseliuscforselius  400WRX Points: 142Members Posts: 400 Greens

On -, @A.Princey said:

The cavity on the NP2 shape is not centered? The toe-side bumper is longer than the heel, very strange.

Probably due to the neck is moving the COG towards the heel and the easy fix is to move the cavity so you get more mass in the toe area. Does not look good.

Posted:
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15908WRX Points: 1,149ClubWRX Posts: 15,908 ClubWRX

You wanna Hogan putter worth $250???

Here ya go Gents....

The Hoganardi😉

Cheers🍻
    RP

Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

On -, @Misc1600 said:

Any info on the Ben Hogan p132? It’s a 8802 style, but can’t find any information

Hey Misc, I hope all’s well👊

Where did ya see that there was going to be an 8802 heel shafted blade design?

I got to roll the flow neck blade, and I know that they also have the single bend semi-mallet, the double bend blade and the plumber neck blade though no one mentioned nor did I see any pics of an 8802 style putter.

Considering that they are operating on a fairly tight budgetary string, producing an 8802 style blade, why it would make for great banter here on the boards, and I woulda had one already had I known it was available, contrary to what I said above, cuz my love of anything 8802 overrides my rational thought process, would be a risky move as while everyone loves to speak of how great they are, how they loved em as kids, yada yada yada, the plain fact is that very few would drop $250 for one. There’s a reason that they come and go in Scotty’s Collections, lol

D***, I hope that you’re on target and they’re introducing one cuz I’ll be all over it!!

Cheers🍻
    RP

Posted:

It’s not from the new line. Probably 20-25 years old

Posted:

Here is the pic from the eBay listing

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Misc1600 said:

Here is the pic from the eBay listing

Yep, here’s a refinished 132 example~

Didn’t particularly care for it as it had a sorta harsh sound and hard “empty” feel, not firm.

Needless to say, these didn’t do real well, lol

Have a great weekend🍻
    RP

Posted:

Here’s another Hoganardi from 2003

Jim Furyk won his US Open with the center shaft Proto of this putter(BHB-7).

Superb mallet and for me at least, I liked it much better than any of the Futuras and it can still stand with any out there.

Posted:
  • teevonsteevons  2214WRX Points: 178Members Posts: 2,214 Platinum Tees

Picture from a few years ago before I sold off most of my Hogan collection, I still have most of the Hogan Co putters but have just a few of the Bettinardi Hogans now
    Have about 10 different Macgregor Hogan Putters also
    My favorite is Macgregor Hogan spur
    No real desire to purchase the new Hogan Putters

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.