Ben Hogan Putters!

chazpetchazpet Members Posts: 47 ✭✭
Looks like Ben Hogan has decided to enter the putter market with 4 different carbon steel precision milled heads and super stroke grips stock. What do you guys think?

https://benhogangolf.com/collections/precision-milled-putters
Gobra F9 Avalance - Atmos TS Blue 6S Stiff
Cobra F9 3 wood - Atmos Blue 7S Stiff
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW DG Pro 120 Stiff
Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M DG S200
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34" 340g

Comments

• freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I think they are beautiful but for $250 they are completely ruining their competitive advantage of no middle man. I can get a Bettinardi for that price. Or a Stroke Lab. Which the Hogan may be just as good or better than those putters but why would they choose to compete in that market? Sub70 has their putters at $170 which is $20 less than the o works.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Waaaaaay too expensive. I'm sure they're high quality, but those are pretty boring looking putters for $250. They look more like Wilson Staff's putters than anything else.

It is pretty nice to see a new face balanced blade hit the market. And I like the 2 degrees of loft.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 315 ✭✭
    $250 does seem a lot for entry into the market, they are good looking but I think they may price themselves out of the market, also curious about the lengths I have found a shorter putter works a lot better for me and 33.5 as shortest seems a bit long
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,842 ClubWRX
    Ben Hogan with putters again, huh?  This time it's not with Bettinardi as the designer/maker...so it takes away some of the credibility the last attempt with putters had.  
    I grew up loving the Hogan brand and all that it stood for, but ever since Callaway bought them out...they've never quite been the same.
  • skyline209skyline209 Members Posts: 4
    Since Ben Hogan has nothing to do with the new company, i feel 99%of the appeal has gone, now they are just another club maker, with silly marketing
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,254 ✭✭
    I dont think that $250 is too much to ask for a milled putter. I really like the BHBO2, I have been looking for a double bend face balanced blade. I think I may end up with one. 
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,621 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 21, 2019 1:37pm #8

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members Posts: 539 ✭✭

I'm interested. But I don't think I'll be a buyer at that price. My Cleveland Huntington Beach was about $100, and I remain very happy with it. A price point under $200 would likely have me reaching for my wallet.

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle Members Posts: 2,678 ✭✭

They look 'off'/unrefined at address to me. They won't sell.

PING i20 10.5°
    Adams a7 19°
    PING G25 23°
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    Odyssey WHP1

• bhj83bhj83 Kansas City, KSMembers Posts: 755 ✭✭

I like the look of the putters but I'd like to try one for sure or at least hear some feedback from others. Can't seem to find any reviews yet. I went to their Contact Us page and asked if their putters would be part of their demo program soon. I would think this would be necessary since they aren't in stores.

TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
    Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
    TaylorMade '17 M1 4 Hybrid
    Srixon Combo Set: 5-6 Z785, 7-PW Z Forged
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
    TaylorMade Tour Preferred Collection Juno
    Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 910 ClubWRX

any updates?

• tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,034 ✭✭

the Wilson putter!! I picked one up for $85. The guy didn't like it and it was mint....I putt like I know what I'm doing with that 8802....love it!! the Hogan putter are really nice and when you compare it to a Cameron, its a bargain and it doesn't have an insert...I don't think its overpriced, but I do think it would make a huge splash in the $200 range> @Forged4ever said:

I couldn’t agree more with Freddie & MM!!

Got to roll one and there’s alllotttttt more out there at that price point that I’d look at before I’d drop the $250 on one of these Putters and I’m going to be getting a set of their irons. As has been stated above me, I really think that Hogan missed the boat in offering a premium milled putter in the $150-175 range. 

My dual milled Staff 8802, circa 2014, is retailed at $175ish, though it can be found for $125-140, and these Hogans, at least the one that tried, had nothing, absolutely nothing, on the 8802.

Yeppers, they missed the boat~

Badly!!

Gee, we get a whole 60 minutes to edit a mistake or add another thought to a post😂😂

The Members are still the best part of this board however this redo is garbage, but hey, it’s for the best😂😂

Even being an IT idiot, one thing that I know and it transcends genres and categories~

Follow the money Gents😉

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best🍻
    RP

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 315 ✭✭

found one for $40 locally!!!

epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 220 ✭✭

^ Nice score there, that's a neat putter to have in the collection.

TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • Misc1600Misc1600 ClubWRX Posts: 910 ClubWRX

Any info on the Ben Hogan p132? It’s a 8802 style, but can’t find any information

• A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,086 ✭✭

The cavity on the NP2 shape is not centered? The toe-side bumper is longer than the heel, very strange.

'16 M2 10.5*, Diamana LE 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana LE 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
  • cforseliuscforselius Members Posts: 329 ✭✭

@A.Princey said:
    The cavity on the NP2 shape is not centered? The toe-side bumper is longer than the heel, very strange.

Probably due to the neck is moving the COG towards the heel and the easy fix is to move the cavity so you get more mass in the toe area. Does not look good.