Monte's efficient swing

i*windows

> @deedolce said:

> I bought it, after seeing the thread here~ I started golf a couple of years ago at 58, and I'm loving it so far! Dumb question, I still use a 3 wood off the tee. Does this efficient swing apply to a driver too? Or is it a different animal?

I’m theory, your intent should be the same with every club. Setup and club dictate the differences.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I bought the efficient swing almost as soon as it came out. I watched it completely through in one sitting and it clarified ideas for me. The P2 and P3 drills came pretty easily.

The big change for me has been getting to a good top of the backswing position, specifically where it concerns the lower body. I have always had an issue with my weight going to the outside of my trail foot at P4. The concept of the trail hip rotating towards the target and of shifting the pressure to the trail heel really work for me. It still feels more like the inside ball of the foot and the heel; the big evidence it is inside is I can curl all my toes except my big toe up off the ground when practicing p4 position. When I hit my first large bucket after this, my right thigh got a work out which it never did before.

Letting the lead heel lift was important for my transition - it is hard to move the weight back to the lead heel if it never really leaves it.

I am working on the transition moves at this point, and when I get it right my swing is definitely faster than before I started this practice. I think I need to revisit that part of the videos.

Overall, this is the best of Monte's videos for me. I respond better to "do this" than to attempting to correct faults and efficient swing is a great compendium of "do this". Definitely worth more than its price.

• Like 2

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working pretty hard on the efficient swing drills (I know it will take way more hours to ingrain). However is there a different video that can help trouble shoot? I like to go through Monte's IG and youtube and get stuff. Just wondering if Drive for dough might have some trouble shooting.

With flattening the shaft Im hitting massive push draw/hooks, and if I don't pay attention I'll chunk irons and Drop Kick my woods (I am obviously doing something wrong)

On another note, use the bounce has added more bullets to my short game, highly recommend

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Efficient Swing is terrific and I highly recommend the entire series. I did a clinic earlier this year that was good for pinpointing the worst part of my full swing. Beyond that, I'm honestly getting so much more detail from the videos for a fraction of cost. I'd like to do an online checkup at some point (unlikely to be in socal anytime soon).

You need a basic camera rig....mine is an $8 smart phone aiming stick attachment from amazon and a free android app.

Do the drills, use video, improve. I also got immediate improvement from use the bounce.

However, (for example) making full swing changes like shallowing out the shaft exposes the prior compensations that allowed us to still hit the ball steep. So progress takes time. However my hip action is immediately better. I had basic misunderstandings about that and have been a decent player for decades.

> @d3c3p7i0n said:

> I would love to check this out. Any current golfwrx promo codes before I purchase?

> Thanks!

I think you just missed out on his Father's Day promo, check his Instagram posts.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist 716CB with Dynamic Gold S400 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Scotty California Monterey 35 in
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Cpr3584 said:

> > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

>

> Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> >

> > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

>

> https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > >

> > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> >

> > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

>

> And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @Cpr3584 said:

> Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, **but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. ** My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

You can't really be serious about the method not being for you...can you?

> @glk said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > >

> > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > >

> > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> >

> > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

>

> I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > >

> > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > >

> > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > >

> > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> >

> > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

>

> If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

• Like 1

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > >

> > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > >

> > > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> > >

> > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> >

> > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

>

> I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > >

> > > > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> > > >

> > > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> > >

> > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

> >

> > I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

>

> So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

Yes. If a flat swing for someone is creating an issue with theit ability to hit the ball better then he would help them with it. He has mentioned over and over

again in his video etc that there are degrees of freedom in a swing. Maybe you should look at his instagram and tell me how he's teaching all his students the same Monte method - method to me is stack/tilt, A-swing, square to square, and on and on.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> > >

> > > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

> >

> > I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

>

> So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

I'm certainly no expert here, as I've only been to one of his clinics and had a few online lessons with him. Not once in the clinic do I recall him telling a student they needed to change their swing plane or swing more upright. As others have said, he doesn't teach a model or method he teaches a functional golf swing which is obviously a very individual thing.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @glk said:

> > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> > > > >

> > > > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> > > >

> > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

> > >

> > > I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

> >

> > So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

>

> Yes. If a flat swing for someone is creating an issue with there ability to hit the ball better then he would help them with it. He mentioned over and over

> again in his video etc that there are degrees of freedom in a swing. Maybe you should look at his instagram and tell me how he's teaching all his students the same Monte method - method to me is stack/tilt, A-swing, square to square, and on and on.

I do not think you are understanding. In the article he clearly advocates taking the club outside, playing a fade, steeper angle of attack, etc. You can call it a 'method' or whatever you want, but its a certain way to swing. That is what is great about these forums, we can have a civil discussion about instruction without getting bent out of shape

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @ddetts said:

> > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> > > > >

> > > > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> > > >

> > > > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

> > >

> > > I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

> >

> > So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

>

> I'm certainly no expert here, as I've only been to one of his clinics and had a few online lessons with him. Not once in the clinic do I recall him telling a student they needed to change their swing plane or swing more upright. As others have said, he doesn't teach a model or method he teaches a functional golf swing which is obviously a very individual thing.

Well that is good to hear! but a clear departure from the article and a few of his videos in the past. perhaps he has become more understanding of other swings since it was written.

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > >

> > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > >

> > >

> > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> >

> > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

>

> If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

It absolutely is not a method in any way, shape, or form. It's just a single element (which is also time dependent on what else was being taught at the time). Basically taking it slightly outside is better than sucking it inside in terms of what can go wrong. You can always shallow later with your wrists but if you suck it inside basically nothing good happens from that position. Taking it slightly outside doesn't constitute an "upright" swing either.

If you actually watch his current material, none of it is about hitting a cut, in fact the end result very likely will be the opposite with the elements of shallowing he is a proponent of. If you want to shape the ball a certain he teaches doing it with setup, not some fixed method.

I was (am) a serial hooker, he has never once pushed me towards hitting a cut, but instead pointed out why my face/path relationship gets extreme and then helps nuetralize it accordingly. I would actually love to hit a cut, But I still draw every club in the bag (sadly even driver which I hate to see go left)

You might want to do some more research next time when you critique a teacher and then drag out a 9 year old article as your single reason why.

• Like 2

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Monte doesn't teach a method; he teaches the person in front of him. Iteach is the same .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And this proves, what? An article from 2010?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I take it you have never taken a lesson from Monte. I have taken multiple - I don't recall any Monte method he was teaching me - merely improves to my setup, backswing, transition.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://rebelliongolf.com/the-benefits-of-taking-the-club-a-little-outside/

> > > > > If this isn't a method of teaching golf, I dont know what is. There are a lot of good things in the article, Im just saying that, like other instruction, it may not be for everyone. So what if its from 2010? He did write it didn't he? Again, I am not trying to be critical.

> > > >

> > > > I didn't take it as critical I took it as misinformed. He teaches golf swings but he doesn't teach a method - he doesn't try to get everyone to swing the same way, is my point.

> > >

> > > So, if someone showed up at his clinic with flat swing, he wouldn't say he was doing it wrong? Did you read the article?

> >

> > Yes. If a flat swing for someone is creating an issue with there ability to hit the ball better then he would help them with it. He mentioned over and over

> > again in his video etc that there are degrees of freedom in a swing. Maybe you should look at his instagram and tell me how he's teaching all his students the same Monte method - method to me is stack/tilt, A-swing, square to square, and on and on.

>

> I do not think you are understanding. In the article he clearly advocates taking the club outside, playing a fade, steeper angle of attack, etc. You can call it a 'method' or whatever you want, but its a certain way to swing. That is what is great about these forums, we can have a civil discussion about instruction without getting bent out of shape

I just did a lesson with Monte, he didn't advocate any of those things. He advocated making changes to MY swing that would help ME.

ok, thanks guys. I guess the article wasn't written by him. Forgive me for questioning the almighty Butch Harm- I mean Monte Scheinblum. My mistake.

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Pro V1x

> @Cpr3584 said:

> ok, thanks guys. I guess the article wasn't written by him. Forgive me for questioning the almighty Butch Harm- I mean Monte Scheinblum. My mistake.

If you go look at any of Monte's stuff the only thing he advocates is that not everything he talks about works for everyone. The article is about the benefit of swinging a certain way, it doesn't say "everyone should be swinging this way" or "here's a swing that will benefit everyone". Like I said, I just did a lesson with Monte. Nothing was said about trying to produce a specific shot shape or promoting a certain swing style. He looked at MY swing mechanics and said here's what will help YOU. No one is getting after you for "questioning" him. It's that you are jumping to conclusions and cherry picking a 9 year old, 5 paragraph blurb which I'd hardly call an article.

> @Cpr3584 said:

> Monte is really helping a lot of golfers. The other post on his clinic and the great reviews is nice to see. I viewed some of his videos a couple years ago and was able to take away a few things, but overall, his swing method is not for me. He is a former long drive champ I believe, and because of that, a big proponent of an upright swing and a fade shot shape. I cannot swing like him. My arms are too long. If i get too vertical, there is simply no way for me to get back to the ball with any kind of good contact. But like I said, I'm really glad he's helping a lot of golfers and having success with his clinics!

Like many others before and after you........your search continues.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

> @Cpr3584 said:

> ok, thanks guys. I guess the article wasn't written by him. Forgive me for questioning the almighty Butch Harm- I mean Monte Scheinblum. My mistake.

No question he wrote it, that wasn't the issue. The issue is the conclusion you drew, saying that one singular article is proof he teaches some method or is fixed on a certain shot shape, which just inst true. If you actually took a lesson with him (or watched the video series in question) you would see why you are wrong.

> @Cpr3584 said:

As others have said, you're drawing the wrong conclusion from one article. I've been to several Monte clinics and he doesn't teach a swing model. In the clinics he works with each person to focus on the one thing they are doing that is preventing them from being more consistent, and offers them different feels or intents to find the one that clicks for them. If you watched his Efficient Swing video, you'd realize you're off base with the "upright swing" claim. He's got countless Youtube videos and instructional videos out there - drawing absolute conclusions about his method from any single video or article is misguided.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

> @Cpr3584 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Cpr3584 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

His videos describe a typical range of flatness/shape i.e. hands at very roughly the shoulder joint at the top of backswing, nothing extraordinary.

The feedback I got at clinic: I had crap hip action, period. Later moved on to wrists shallowing shaft angle in transition, then to controlling ground pressure shift in transition.

Btw, regarding arms, I wear a 37" shirt sleeve.

I am, if anything, slightly flattening and rounding my swing shape now, more hip turn, less arm lift. I always tended to hit draws, did so at the clinic, Monte didn't care.

Bottom line, after two days at the clinic and studying several hours of material, I see no bias toward upright and fades. It never came up. He mentioned once in passing that fades aren't necessarily shorter than draws. Yes if you show up flat, stuck, dragging club inside and then over the top, he'll tell you, unless something else you do sucks even more.

I just read the 2010 article and actually like it for someone like me who tends to over draw the ball and under rotate. I've probably played my best going both back and down on a roughly similar mid-high plane. Feeling like I keep the club in front of me and rotating fully with a cut feel tends to give me a pretty straight ball that just falls slightly to the right. I bet a lot of advanced golfers play with this...at some point you can end up under the plane hitting hooks and have to rebalance.