2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

S200's? Odd choice. Very cool though.

S200 is very popular in Japan, when it comes to the DG world, anyway.

I've noticed that. When I bought my FH1000's they came stock with them. Its lucrative how DG established those series. They couldn't get the consistency with their output and basically just isolated all the shafts that didn't meet 300's weight and drummed up a whole new shaft. A lighter 300. "We'll call it 200!". Smart.

I wonder how many shafts DG produces a year to meet the output?

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I've noticed that. When I bought my FH1000's they came stock with them. Its lucrative how DG established those series. They couldn't get the consistency with their output and basically just isolated all the shafts that didn't meet 300's weight and drummed up a whole new shaft. A lighter 300. "We'll call it 200!". Smart.

I agree it was a great way for them to use up stuff that didn't meet the S300 spec, but I find they do actually play different! balls hit with an S200 go higher for me, and tend to turn a bit too much left towards the end of the their flight. S300 seems to go lower, and hook earlier on!

I have a set of s200 in my Tourstage 701 CBs. I thought they were inconsistent (I did manage to shoot more rounds under par last year than any in my entire life, so I might've been better off leaving things alone) so I put some x100 in the Tourstage Mr23s in my signature. Yeah, now I wish I had my previous level of inconsistency.

Now, the s300s in my old ISI coppers, Titliest 990s and X300 FCIs were and are about perfect for me. I've recently been thinking of trying modus3 120 or 105x. I've got a few sets I'm thinking about switching over - perhaps the 88 Redlines deserve an upgrade.

Oh, and I've got some s400 in DP-30s that are actually quite smooth. s400 used to be quite popular in Japan, from the sets I've seen on Yahoo.

Well, it was the Dynamic shaft originally, DG and weight sorting was born of someone sorting Dynamic shafts by weight themselves, likely for tour players back in the day. Every flex had subflexes from 100 to 500. Eventually, the 100s and 500s fell away in R and S. X100 became the most popular subflex in Xstiff likely because it's a bit farther from Dynamic Stiff to Dynamic Xstff than some think.

For me, the money grab is DG Tour Issue. There are all sorts of rumors flying around WRX about them, but DG TI is nothing more than a more refined weight sorting. It's still just a Dynamic shaft. LOL

I'm guessing the production output for True Temper is a fairly obnoxious number. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Man, miss a few days and it is a novel!

I like goodie Japan for my yahoo purchases, but I use buyee to find what I want.

As to striking, one of my problems is other than a fade driver and 3 wood, I don't have a stock shot. I can and do turn over my 3 wood though, driver I just can't with any confidence. I play my best when I stand behind the ball and just hit what I see/feel comfortable with at that time. Could vary from day to day. Don't Mis interpret that as me painting my way across a course (well maybe abstract art style!) as much as I have a good sensation of being able to hold off and fade it or turn it over. I prefer to favor what shape I woke up with. I think that a lot of my problems come from a very neutral path that errs both inside and out, hence why when I miss left or right, it is push fades or pull hooks. Driver left is is my devastating miss, which is why hold off always with it and I think not solving that creates a lot of my tee woes.

Really looking forward to maybe getting lucky with new instructor....

Man, miss a few days and it is a novel!

I like goodie Japan for my yahoo purchases, but I use buyee to find what I want.

As to striking, one of my problems is other than a fade driver and 3 wood, I don't have a stock shot. I can and do turn over my 3 wood though, driver I just can't with any confidence. I play my best when I stand behind the ball and just hit what I see/feel comfortable with at that time. Could vary from day to day. Don't Mis interpret that as me painting my way across a course (well maybe abstract art style!) as much as I have a good sensation of being able to hold off and fade it or turn it over. I prefer to favor what shape I woke up with. I think that a lot of my problems come from a very neutral path that errs both inside and out, hence why when I miss left or right, it is push fades or pull hooks. Driver left is is my devastating miss, which is why hold off always with it and I think not solving that creates a lot of my tee woes.

Really looking forward to maybe getting lucky with new instructor....

Absolutely agree with bringing the shot that you take to the course that day. There are days where I don't seem to be able to hit my stock fade at all on the range. Everything is drawing just a bit, and I like to just roll with it that day rather than fix the problem.

I'm looking at swapping my current MP4 set for a shinier one shafted with Modus 120X shafts. Or just buy it anyway, even though I've got nowhere to hidestore it.

I took 3 clubs from my most recent purchase, Mac Tourney R-58 irons, to the range yesterday. Nice look at set up, great feel, but holy heck does the ball fly low with the Brunswick Precision 6.5 shafts. I'm getting the lofts checked just to make sure they haven't been delofted, but the 5i was going like a low bullet. That said, with proper balls instead of low-flight range rocks, they might produce a nice, piercing flight. I think my MS-11s with Brunswick Precision 5.5s go a bit too high, so the 6.0s would probably have been perfect.

I liked the 6.5 brunswicks in my set. I don't recall hitting them low. They feel really nice right? That is a great iron. I don't regret selling them because I would never play them, but that was a hard set to sell Becuase they are just such an awesome club. From Brunswick shafts to japanese mac possible Miura forging (I think they were) to the classic looks. Awesome set.

I liked the 6.5 brunswicks in my set. I don't recall hitting them low. They feel really nice right? That is a great iron. I don't regret selling them because I would never play them, but that was a hard set to sell Becuase they are just such an awesome club. From Brunswick shafts to japanese mac possible Miura forging (I think they were) to the classic looks. Awesome set.

I am a big fan of Brunswick shafts, and I really like what I have seen so far from the 6.5 for their stability. I really know what I am going to get from each swing and strike with these. The R58s are a great set, and the only downside is that they have pushed my Mac MT 1980 Tour Forged down the play rota, because I really want to take these nifty little bastards out on to the course.

Goals for this weekend:

-Continue to get more comfortable with the new driver. I hit the final five fairways last Saturday. Really starting to understand it after 3 rounds together.

-Make the shots that I know I can make. Pick a shot and commit to it. Two putt pars are better than hard up and downs that tend to lead to bogey or double.

-Focus on keeping the ball on the high side of the hole while putting.

-Enjoy the last two rounds with the MP32s.

-When I get in trouble, don't be a hero. Take the medicine of the bad shot, and don't make it worse. Bogey is better than triple.

-Stay in the moment. Don't worry about the 18 hole score on #1. Pars lead to good rounds!

Just had my Nike VR Pro 6 iron delivered :) haven't had a chance to hit it yet, but first impressions are

- the head seems remarkable similar to my current 6 iron, maybe a touch smaller

- the S300 is noticeably lighter than the S400 in mine, meaning it feels a little head heavy.

Going for a round tomorrow morning with a friend, so will probably take it out for a little experiment before putting it in the practice bag. Been a bit busy with work to practice this week, but hopefully will pick up where I left off last week, as was hitting some of those shots that make blades all worthwhile :)

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Speaking of Brunswick 6.5's, I bought an old set of irons a couple of weeks ago just to grab the shafts. So I now have two sets even though DG S300's are really growing on me.

My dream is to find pristine irons and have them done in copper plate to mate with the Precision's.

Speaking of shafts, has anyone hit the Modus 3 120's, if so what do you think?

Home today! I did a little bit of wedge practice in the yard. Titleist 200 52°. Man my swing is fast when I relax. To the point of not thinking about the take away or the swing. I just think about getting comfortable over the ball with the feel it in the quads stance and then just rotate at the hips as much as I can. I am finishing with a balanced side of foot/tip of toe stance and watching the ball fall and settle without falling out of the finish. This has me very excited. I only ended up home run derby finish once...and it was bladed to sweet bejeezus...and because it is my last Nitro of course I found it.

Close to me Golf Galaxy closed up so I was unable to get the MP-14 1&2i shafted up today. Bummer.

...hopefully will pick up where I left off last week, as was hitting some of those shots that make blades all worthwhile :)

Don't all shots make blades worthwhile?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I am a big fan of Brunswick shafts, and I really like what I have seen so far from the 6.5 for their stability. I really know what I am going to get from each swing and strike with these. The R58s are a great set, and the only downside is that they have pushed my Mac MT 1980 Tour Forged down the play rota, because I really want to take these nifty little bastards out on to the course.

They are a great, unassuming iron. There's nothing not to like about them, aside from mine having a FCM 5.5.

Speaking of Brunswick 6.5's, I bought an old set of irons a couple of weeks ago just to grab the shafts. So I now have two sets even though DG S300's are really growing on me.

My dream is to find pristine irons and have them done in copper plate to mate with the Precision's.

Speaking of shafts, has anyone hit the Modus 3 120's, if so what do you think?

I didn't like the 120s when I first hit them, but I think I've got used to them. I'm actually contemplating a set of MP4s with 120X shafts. I think they'll launch good bit higher than the DGX100s I have in my current set of MP4s.

They are a great, unassuming iron. There's nothing not to like about them, aside from mine having a FCM 5.5.

I have 5.5s in my MS-11s. They're OK, but do launch a bit too high, so I don't play them on windy days!

Very nice, Nard! That's Curtis Strange's signature on them, right?

Thanks yes, 1 of 750 sets made. 2-PW.............clubs are pristine except for small mar on the sole of #8.

Been waiting on a suitable club to re-shaft w/6.5's, was looking for TN 87's but no luck on good value, these are in the budget and I love the looks, the brand and the Endo.

Thanks yes, 1 of 750 sets made. 2-PW.............clubs are pristine except for small mar on the sole of #8.

Been waiting on a suitable club to re-shaft w/6.5's, was looking for TN 87's but no luck on good value, these are in the budget and I love the looks, the brand and the Endo.

Ah, I wasn't sure if it was 3-SW or 2-PW. A lot of older Maruman stuff on Japan's Yahoo! Auction site includes a SW, and often an AW.

Are they're forged? I think Maruman makes cast blades now, and may have been doing so for some time.

Edit: Ah, no. Just checked and their current blade is definitely forged. And I've just remembered you said they were Endo forged.

I have been playing Nike Vapor pro blades with c-taper stiff +, and I have to say I am impressed with the bargain of forgiveness these provide without compromise of work-ability. I have had them almost a year now but these are definitely my gamers.

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

Ah, I wasn't sure if it was 3-SW or 2-PW. A lot of older Maruman stuff on Japan's Yahoo! Auction site includes a SW, and often an AW.

Are they're forged? I think Maruman makes cast blades now, and may have been doing so for some time.

Edit: Ah, no. Just checked and their current blade is definitely forged. And I've just remembered you said they were Endo forged.

To be clear seller sez they were Endo but I cannot verify save for 2006 Conductors. Oddly found that they used Miura for clubs made for Olazabel & Woosman So who knows? I have several Endo made clubs, I should be able to discern.

Well I just got back from the driving range and hitting a bucket of 180 balls. I had a blast. I started off with my 7i 716MB and hit that for a while before pulling a club my good buddy 3 Jack Par gave me...a Scratch 6i! How can someone that gives you such an awesome club be anything but? All I can say is WOW! That is one sweet club. It's easy to hit and a monster! I couldn't believe how sweet it was especially compared to the 716MB. How did they go out of business? That's a shame. They are sweet across the whole face, but I have extremely limited experience outside of the sweet spot...Grace of God not ability. That club is awesome! Especially when I'm not.

Now for some regularly scheduled mischief...I might have grooved my swing well enough to chase the ball collector around. I sure was trying and I think I bounced one into it one time. For my next act, I somehow managed to make some straight bombs with the driver by paying attention to my form and what does and does not work. So what do we do with long and straight drives? Direct them at the lesson at the opposing end of the driving range. Now in all fairness, they were probably 375 yards away, but I was trying like heaven and they made a nice small target. I was unsuccessful but I sure made it look like were working on their 60-100 yard game a lot.

I was bombing the driver and the mini very well today. It made me very happy. My 3h was also reaching out well over 220 which has me excited. I tried a couple of recently​ acquired 2i and they were very spray inclined. I'm not sure if they have the right flex for me or not. I remembered not to neglect the short game and practiced a lot with the PW to 100 and 52° out to 85 yards. I am pretty happy not to push my clubs over their natural range for now. I am thinking that I will get stronger and the range will increase on it's own.

My last two shots were with...my MP-29 1 iron. Why? Because I can. 50/50. First was a crushed egg click 250 yard monster that I wish I could pull off every day. Second was a 150 yard holy roller. Can't win them all. Haha.

So I was traveling to see about getting my clubs shafted and found another one for the pile. A Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blade...2i! That bringeth the count to eight. Three 1 irons and five 2 irons. Safe to say I will always have a 2 iron in my bag. It was hilarious when the random golfer scoffed, "What are you going to do with those put a tiny shaft on it and spread butter?" I looked him dead in the eye, smiled and said, "Nah, I can actually hit a one iron." The thud of the gauntlet echoed through the great hall as Brave Sir Robin collected his PXG putter and departed to iron his man card.

Hey there my Fellow Beeatches :)

Though it's been awhile since I've made a contribution to the finest thread on the board.....

?I'M BACK?

Though I can't presently Play, WhyTF would that prevent my club acquisition process from continuing??

Sooooo, I've added the 100's to my stable and for shats and giggles, I've included comparison pics with my 59's, the irons still in my bag and the last ones that I Played.

Epic blades Gents, second only to their daddy, the 1978 Tour Blades, lol

Damn, I didn't realize just how compact the 59's are however these 100's sure are purdy ?

Stay well BroMeisters and never ever forget....

Blades Blondes & Benzes 4ever?️???

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24