2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

What do you guys think of the cobra king forged mb? I loved the feel but couldn't try them with the Nippon pro modus in 120 X. I know a few people have bought and played them but I am having trouble finding reviews

If they are anything like the Amp Cell Pro MBs and Fly-Z Pro MBs, then they are delicious, both to look at and to feel. I plan on getting a set someday, either used or new, if the price on them drops and I can stop spending money on everything else...

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Goals for this weekend:

-Continue to get more comfortable with the new driver. I hit the final five fairways last Saturday. Really starting to understand it after 3 rounds together.

-Make the shots that I know I can make. Pick a shot and commit to it. Two putt pars are better than hard up and downs that tend to lead to bogey or double.

-Focus on keeping the ball on the high side of the hole while putting.

-Enjoy the last two rounds with the MP32s.

-When I get in trouble, don't be a hero. Take the medicine of the bad shot, and don't make it worse. Bogey is better than triple.

-Stay in the moment. Don't worry about the 18 hole score on #1. Pars lead to good rounds!

Wanted to report back on my weekend rounds. Was fortunate to play with two buddies that are up and coming pros. I'm still trying to get back down to a low single digit handicap so I gave them free reign to look at the swing and give me some tips. So glad that we did. We found a major issue with my alignment that is causing the occasional pull hook. Need some range time to get comfortable again with the change, but it was an "ah ha" moment. Setting up significantly right of target and pulling it left is exacerbated on the driver. Range time will fix this. When I was able to get the proper set up going, my distance was a little greater as well.

I'd say I was the best at keeping the ball on the high side of the hole. It let to really nice putting statistics over the two rounds (30 putts Sat, 29 putts Sun).

I did a relatively good job of trying to not be a hero when in trouble. Only one time (which led to a triple) did I try to make a crazy shot that I shouldn't have made.

Didn't have a single birdie on the weekend. I'll blame this on working through some swing changes on course with these guys, and not hitting as many greens as I typically do. We'll work through this little change.

All in all, hit the ball decent, the short game was effective (not as good as I would like it to be though), and the putting was as good as it has been all year.

Really looking forward to a range session or two this week with my alignment sticks to work on proper alignment and not trying to over follow through to compensate for the poor set up.

Goid morning Kad's :)

Sounds like you stuck to your game plan pretty well!!

In your initial post, #'s 2, 5 & 6 are CRITICAL to Playing competitively at Plus!!

Having been a low single you obviously know this. If you notice, those three goals are MENTAL versus the others being more from the physical side. I started carrying the card below in 1993 in my back right slacks pocket and if I ever started to "overthink" a shot or try what my Teacher also referred to as a "hero" shot, I would pull it, read it and hit the shot that I knew that I could hit, and Maddie tells people that you could tell how well I was Playing by how often I pulled the card. In 2012, my last in the game from June through my last tourney in October, I pulled it twice. My Teacher had been preaching it for almost twenty years(1974), and though I was at +3.1 at the time(1993), It seemed that I would always try at least one "hero" shot a round, lol. I finally decided to give his way a shot(no pun intended), lmao. It made my game much less mercurial, and I quit having to "reach" for birds or eagles to make up for the bone headed doubles, lol.

As you know having been there and what 96%+ do not know, will never understand and will never get to low single/scratch or Plus and that is that the game is 90%+ MENTAL. I won my last club the following year across 54 holes with 48 pars, 5 birdies and a bogey. Most boring one of the lot(4) though it was much muchh easier on me mentally and emotionally, lol.

The Very Best to ya this Season and enjoy the 32's!!

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Oh yea, for Ole Lange Syne....

My Teacher's All-Timers-

Had em in his bag from 1970(he got em about 5 months before general release) till he Played his last round in 1998, though Madison and I would go to his house the last year or so and he'd sit in a rocker on his front porch and wave the damn 7i around to make his point with me though he had the patience of Job with Madison ;)

I believe that he'd approve of the 100's cuz unlike his Bro, he preferred little to no muscle pad, lol

Stay well My Friends ?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Anyone seen these yet? They are offered through Discount Dan's and they say they are high end Japanese forgings, wonder where.

https://gearhartgolf.com/collections/forged-irons/products/gearhart-limited-edition-1918-forged-blades-3-pw

Think they are owned by one of the Boyle family who owns Columbia, I know he owns the golf course there.

Goals for this weekend:

-Continue to get more comfortable with the new driver. I hit the final five fairways last Saturday. Really starting to understand it after 3 rounds together.

-Make the shots that I know I can make. Pick a shot and commit to it. Two putt pars are better than hard up and downs that tend to lead to bogey or double.

-Focus on keeping the ball on the high side of the hole while putting.

-Enjoy the last two rounds with the MP32s.

-When I get in trouble, don't be a hero. Take the medicine of the bad shot, and don't make it worse. Bogey is better than triple.

-Stay in the moment. Don't worry about the 18 hole score on #1. Pars lead to good rounds!

Wanted to report back on my weekend rounds. Was fortunate to play with two buddies that are up and coming pros. I'm still trying to get back down to a low single digit handicap so I gave them free reign to look at the swing and give me some tips. So glad that we did. We found a major issue with my alignment that is causing the occasional pull hook. Need some range time to get comfortable again with the change, but it was an "ah ha" moment. Setting up significantly right of target and pulling it left is exacerbated on the driver. Range time will fix this. When I was able to get the proper set up going, my distance was a little greater as well.

I'd say I was the best at keeping the ball on the high side of the hole. It let to really nice putting statistics over the two rounds (30 putts Sat, 29 putts Sun).

I did a relatively good job of trying to not be a hero when in trouble. Only one time (which led to a triple) did I try to make a crazy shot that I shouldn't have made.

Didn't have a single birdie on the weekend. I'll blame this on working through some swing changes on course with these guys, and not hitting as many greens as I typically do. We'll work through this little change.

All in all, hit the ball decent, the short game was effective (not as good as I would like it to be though), and the putting was as good as it has been all year.

Really looking forward to a range session or two this week with my alignment sticks to work on proper alignment and not trying to over follow through to compensate for the poor set up.

Goid morning Kad's :)

Sounds like you stuck to your game plan pretty well!!

In your initial post, #'s 2, 5 & 6 are CRITICAL to Playing competitively at Plus!!

Having been a low single you obviously know this. If you notice, those three goals are MENTAL versus the other being more from the physical side. I started carrying the card below in 1993 in my back right slacks pocket and if I ever started to "overthink" a shot or try what my Teacher also referred to as a "hero" shot, I would pull it, read it and hit the shot that I knew that I could hit, and Maddie tells people that you could tell how well I was Playing by how often I pulled the card. In 2012, my last in the game from June through my last tourney in October, I pulled it twice. My Teacher had been preaching it for almost twenty years(1974), and though I was at +3.1 at the time(1993), It seemed that I would always try at least one "hero" shot a round, lol. I finally decided to give his way a shot, lmao. It made my game much less mercurial, and I quit having to "rech" for birds or eagles to make up for the bone headed doubles, lol.

As you know having been there and what 96%+ do not know, will never understand and will never get to low single/scratch or Plus and that is that the game is 90%+ MENTAL. I won my last club the following year across 54 holes with 48 pars, 5 birdies and a bogey. Most boring one of the lot(4) though it was much muchh easier on me mentally and emotionally, lol.

The Very Best to ya this Season and enjoy the 32's!!

All the Best,

RP

Thanks bud. Yes, the game is more like 99% mental in my opinion. And the metal game becomes more and more important the better and better you get.

The MP 32's are getting retired as I have a new set of MP 4's that will be here Wednesday. Excited for a new chapter in my blade history.

Oh and this seasons goal is to be back to all-time low handicap (2.8) or better. Took several years off in my mid twenties, as money and time were tight (I guess working long weeks and chasing the ladies all weekend will do that to you). I would love to move into the plus range, but not sure I can get there on a 1-2 practice, 1-2 round, a week schedule. We shall see. If I end up joining a country club here in town (which is looking likely for late 2017, after I get married next month), I could probably commit to at least 2-3 practice sessions a week. Decent range there that is close to my house.

A bit of a age gap, but has anyone compared 690mb to Nike Vapor Pro?

I picked up some Vapors with Modus 3 120's for $230, excited to try them out

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Speaking of raw forgings, teaser pic of a pending project that I am very honored to receive in near future. More details and pics will be included upon completion.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

So today I went to the range again and bit off a big bite with the 180 ball bucket. Then wouldn't you know it I walk into my favorite mat just to find a whole bunch of free balls. Maybe thirty. I waited a while to see if someone was coming back for them and then proceeded to have at it. So I worked with my MP-4's today from 7 down the bag warming up and then from 6 up into God's clubs. I was having a great day in total until I got to the three iron. I was tired by that point and really experienced diminishing returns. My 6 iron was 180 yards today and the five was squeaking by 200. The four and three were spotty and fat as can be sometimes, but when they worked out they were really getting out there. There is a hill at 200 and then it's guess work beyond that unless you can hit it in a certain area but even then with the brown grass it's tough to see the ball land. I pulled the MP-29 1&2 and played them a bit, but found that they were running on par with the MP-4 3&4 and I was running out of steam. The MP-14 1&2 were hit just for fun and I managed a few exciting shots, but man long irons are real work after running the whole bag. I pulled the Adams Tight Lies II 3+ for laughs and it was no laughing matter. The Stars aligned and I could magically not only hit this club, but accurately too. So I aimed things down just right where I could see around 250 yds there were these posts. I just started swinging and smashing the snot out of these balls. They were flying over the posts by a ten yards or more and then rolling out. The club makes this stupid click when you obliterate the ball, but if it gets me down the course reliably I don't care. The click is quieter that the PINK! that the driver and the mini made. I played with the mini and the driver and had some good bombs but no consistent goodness like the 3+. I did manage to park one drive on a hill in the sun a good distance beyond the posts at 250. It was great to see it land and it made me wish I had brought the range finder. Distance unknown, what a shame.

The major lessons I learned today are gripping hard enough that a toe miss doesn't go off into woods right. This is easier with irons than graphite shafted woods. I hit some duesy toe shots today and some how kept them out of the woods until the 1&2 irons. I'd lose distance but I was staying on line with just a little push. I also learned to relax and to be smooth rather than strong. It makes about 20 yards difference. I am getting to the point of understanding how to work the club left or right, but am not quite there yet. This is exciting.

I finished the day on the putting green with my 8802 loving my life. I made a twenty footer across a slope which was no small feat with the sandy green that had been recently aerated. I believe you had a better chance at the lottery than getting a good roll today.

What do you guys think of the cobra king forged mb? I loved the feel but couldn't try them with the Nippon pro modus in 120 X. I know a few people have bought and played them but I am having trouble finding reviews

Good Morning CB :)

My Bro Put a set of the Kings Forged MB Protos in the bag that he won off of the rep(a former WVU Player who went to HS with my Bro), replacing his 4th set of TBaG RAC's and my Bro is the anti-ho in that while he Plays to a +2.5 and took his first Club last year, it took him almost a season to remember the model of iron that he Played when he first put em in the bag, lol.

He loves em cuz he won a set of BB's last season over at Oakmont, he Played three rounds with em and sold em, lol. They are a great looking blade though his are gun metal color, don't have the "King Forged MB" on faceback and only the Cobra logo and don't have any fill in it or in the club #.

They are a great iron!!

I don't think that you're going to find too much difference blade to blade from a technology standpoint cuz pretty much, a MB is a MB. It seems as though everyone knows about what everyone else is releasing and they all are similar regarding looks with the exception of moving weight around the muscle pad, with the exception of Nike and those God forsaken "blades," lol. Madison still has the original VR blades in the bag(3 & 4i are that pocket CB which I think is the sweetest pocket CB goin, blows the Mizzy 53/54's away and they shoulda made a full set of em) though she's Playing my 25's this week and the Staff rep is dropping off a 100 & V6 4i, 6i and 9i with her shafts in em next week. I thought she was goin back to Titleist but Nike extended her apparel contract so she can just pick based solely on the clubs that she likes, which was never the case cuz being a single Mother with 4 children and Nike was very very generous with the family perks, lol.

Anyhoo, those Cobras are a sweet blade!!

Have a great week my Friend?

My Best,

RP

Thanks Richard! My bday is on April fools day so I am thinking about selling some stuff and pulling the trigger on a set :)

cb24,

King forged MB is a very nice blade, with tungsten weighting in toe it seems to very effectively move sweet spot away from any slight heel side bias. Personally do not care for tip weights and prefer more of a head-heavy feel/heft and really like being able to achieve this without loading up head with lead tape. Further, as a player that normally hits a mid-trajectory draw, was impressed by fact that did not seem to possess left bias that is sometimes present for me in some modern blades. Good luck in your decision.

Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

You're going to love the MP-4s, kadillackountry. I've hit the 32s, but the 4s just feel way better. I took mine to the range this morning for the first time in a good while (first time this year). It was like going out for beers with an old friend.

The local second hand golf shop has a set of MP-68s with DGS200, MP-4s with Modus 120X, MP-33s with Modus 120X, and Miura MB5003s with DGX100s in, so I thought I would do a little test. Of the Mizunos, the MP-4 was definitely my favourite. The MP-33s were decent, but the sound/feel felt slightly discordant. It was like having 10 tuning forks lined up, but they were all vibrating at a ever so slightly different frequency. The MP-68s I liked, but the difference between them and the MP-4s was that whereas the MP-4s had 12 tuning forks all lined up in perfect sync, the MP-68s only had 8. IN other words, the 4s provided a more solid "whump".

As for the Miuras....well they are different. Crisper. When I nutted one I couldn't help but grin a little, like "Oh, yeah :yes: "

As for the Miuras....well they are different. Crisper. When I nutted one I couldn't help but grin a little, like "Oh, yeah :yes: "

Crisp is what I'd use to describe the feeling of the Titleist 716MB when compared to the MP-4. Less buttery is how I'd describe the Miura. I'd rather have 3 more sets of MP-4's than a set of Miuras. Especially lately. MP-5's are so wonky looking.

So today I went to the range again and bit off a big bite with the 180 ball bucket. Then wouldn't you know it I walk into my favorite mat just to find a whole bunch of free balls. Maybe thirty. I waited a while to see if someone was coming back for them and then proceeded to have at it. So I worked with my MP-4's today from 7 down the bag warming up and then from 6 up into God's clubs. I was having a great day in total until I got to the three iron. I was tired by that point and really experienced diminishing returns. My 6 iron was 180 yards today and the five was squeaking by 200. The four and three were spotty and fat as can be sometimes, but when they worked out they were really getting out there. There is a hill at 200 and then it's guess work beyond that unless you can hit it in a certain area but even then with the brown grass it's tough to see the ball land. I pulled the MP-29 1&2 and played them a bit, but found that they were running on par with the MP-4 3&4 and I was running out of steam. The MP-14 1&2 were hit just for fun and I managed a few exciting shots, but man long irons are real work after running the whole bag. I pulled the Adams Tight Lies II 3+ for laughs and it was no laughing matter. The Stars aligned and I could magically not only hit this club, but accurately too. So I aimed things down just right where I could see around 250 yds there were these posts. I just started swinging and smashing the snot out of these balls. They were flying over the posts by a ten yards or more and then rolling out. The club makes this stupid click when you obliterate the ball, but if it gets me down the course reliably I don't care. The click is quieter that the PINK! that the driver and the mini made. I played with the mini and the driver and had some good bombs but no consistent goodness like the 3+. I did manage to park one drive on a hill in the sun a good distance beyond the posts at 250. It was great to see it land and it made me wish I had brought the range finder. Distance unknown, what a shame.

The major lessons I learned today are gripping hard enough that a toe miss doesn't go off into woods right. This is easier with irons than graphite shafted woods. I hit some duesy toe shots today and some how kept them out of the woods until the 1&2 irons. I'd lose distance but I was staying on line with just a little push. I also learned to relax and to be smooth rather than strong. It makes about 20 yards difference. I am getting to the point of understanding how to work the club left or right, but am not quite there yet. This is exciting.

I finished the day on the putting green with my 8802 loving my life. I made a twenty footer across a slope which was no small feat with the sandy green that had been recently aerated. I believe you had a better chance at the lottery than getting a good roll today.

Sounds like a great day. Loved the "God's Clubs" :D

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Has anyone hit(grass)/Played the 4's up against the 5's?

Thoughts?

Thanks much :)

All the Best,

RP

Has anyone hit(grass)/Played the 4's up against the 5's?

Thoughts?

Thanks much :)

All the Best,

RP

Hope all is well, Richard. Good to see you in this thread.

I went round and round trying to decide between these two. IMO, the 5s are one of the most elegant blades made in the past decade, and I swore I would own a set. But the 4s are just everything great about a blade.

Prior to picking, I had a set of MP64s. Very nice clubs. Felt good, looked good, and played nicely. The 5s were all of that in a blade profile - nearly identical. By comparison, the 4s play with a little lower trajectory, a little less spin, and have a slightly smaller footprint. My favorite set ever were the MP14s. I still maintain I play my best golf with those irons for some reason. IMO, the MP4s are the MP14s in a modern package. They are the closest thing to a traditional Mizuno blade that Mizuno has come out with in a very long time.

You want a blade with a little help, then the MP5s are phenomenal clubs. You want a blade that is pure "Mizuno blade heritage" then the 4s are the obvious choice, IMO.

I tried a short lived experiment of going back to a set of perimeter weighted cast clubs I really loved back in the day, Ping i3 Blade (first generation 1999-2000). I installed Nippon Modus Tour 105 stiff shafts in them and took them to the range. Range sessions were ok, not great, but it is still early spring here in Colorado. I played them last week and this past weekend and have decided "What the heck was I thinking????!!!!!" I practiced with my '99 Ben Hogan Apex irons yesterday and was hitting the ball really well. I played today and again struck the Hogan blades very well, no mishits or any significance.

For the sake of the thread, I really prefer hitting forged blades much better than cast perimeter weighted irons or forged perimeter irons. Forged blades forces me to hone my swing and make great contact. Besides, these Apex irons are pretty forgiving where it comes to blades.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Could not resist...........

Endo forged & lightly used. Clubs come w/ FCM 5.0 so I am going to replace with Precision 6.5's (they found a home).

I will also add machined wood dowels ( I will machine them) and leather grips.

So wicked.

I owned a set of these back in the day! Very nice clubs!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Won't be able to resist these. Kyoei really went above and beyond with the aesthetics.

Is that a new Kyoei design?

Crisp is what I'd use to describe the feeling of the Titleist 716MB when compared to the MP-4. Less buttery is how I'd describe the Miura. I'd rather have 3 more sets of MP-4's than a set of Miuras. Especially lately. MP-5's are so wonky looking.

I'm sticking with crisper. Titleist MBs are often sharper :taunt:

I will say that while I would really like the try the Miura BBs, I would be equally happy to splash out somewhat less money for a nice set of MP-4 Yoro customs.

d7fbd1f80285527eb598a515f20fdaee.jpg

About me: I play to a solid 8 right now, most cause I can't get down in less than 33 putts.

When you imagine an iron built from the gods... jk

In all honesty, the MP32's may be the finest irons Mizuno has ever produced. The 32's provide blade workability in a more penetrating ball flight. Which is wonderful, because i hit 3 irons that'll rival any wedge, lol. They are butter soft, and give you about a quarter size on the face before you get punished, and you will.

Prior to these I played MDC tour blades, which were a cast blade, and I was pretty happy with them. They weren't the softest, but performed very well for $250 blades out of the box.

My best shot ever with 32's happened a few weeks back, I had about 110 yards, in the woods, heavy rough, sitting down, and had to hit through a 10ft wide clearing, all the while slicing the ball to a green protected by mounds. I pulled an 8i, moved the ball back just an inch and hit down on it. The ball shot up, slicing through the air, and landed 25 ft left of the right side pin. Spun it back about a foot too .

With the MDC's and my best ever, I was playing a course back home in Ohio, and I was in semi heavy rough, for my second on a par 5. I had around 205 yards, and an ok lie, but had tall pine trees just 20-30 yards away. I pulled an 6i, widened my stance, took long fluid BS, and ripped at it. Truth is I never saw the shot, all I knew was I made clean contact and didn't hear and tree limbs. So, I hopped in the cart and drove straight looking as I went. As I got to the green I noticed 3 balls on the green and one chipping. I walked around to see if any were mine, and as I walked to the ball closest to the pin my heart actually raced. I marked it, picked it up, and read Wilson Staff! It was mine, sitting next to its mark, 6in from the hole! A tap in eagle!

http://kyoeigolfclubs.com/

If you want to have a closer look at the Kyoei's. It is the new house brand of the Kyoei forging house. I really love them. Might be time to say goodbye to the 716mbs I have.

I like how the specs specify little to no bounce. TSG already has them on their site. Not as exaggerated as I thought they would have been.

They need to rerelease the MP-4'S with 1&2 irons and then there is no reason to ever buy another set of clubs....for me at least. I'll even live with the DG300S...Since it doesn't matter to me so far as I can tell.

I made a switch from my 690 MB 2i to a UDI 2i and never even came close to liking it. Sold the UDI couple weeks ago and have had the 690 in the bag from the start of the year. Would love to get an updated 2i in the bag. An mp4 2i would be perfect IMO Would love to see that happen.

If you want to have a closer look at the Kyoei's. It is the new house brand of the Kyoei forging house. I really love them. Might be time to say goodbye to the 716mbs I have.

I like how the specs specify little to no bounce. TSG already has them on their site. Not as exaggerated as I thought they would have been.

From TSG's blog post: 5.5mm FP is near zero offset, while 6.0mm FP is also referred to as onset. Boy I need these in the raw black finish

They need to rerelease the MP-4'S with 1&2 irons and then there is no reason to ever buy another set of clubs....for me at least. I'll even live with the DG300S...Since it doesn't matter to me so far as I can tell.

I made a switch from my 690 MB 2i to a UDI 2i and never even came close to liking it. Sold the UDI couple weeks ago and have had the 690 in the bag from the start of the year. Would love to get an updated 2i in the bag. An mp4 2i would be perfect IMO Would love to see that happen.

Well I have been practicing with several long irons recently. I look like a small golf shop at the range. What I have found: Mizuno irons are the easiest to slap the heck out of and get results without feeling like you're magnum handgun hunting. I'm getting 250 yards out of a pured 1 iron strike. 2 is about 235. The funny thing is that the 3 iron for the MP-4 isn't far off. I'm starting to believe that the main difference is the flight trajectory and that I need to hit more balls to get to the physical state to really be able to achieve the 1 iron flight reliably.

The MacGregor and Dunlop heads just aren't juicing it as much in the 2's. Rams can hold similar distance as the Mizuno, but the rifle crack that is more common than not, I can live without. That KBS tour is probably going into my Fli-Hi II 21°

I'd really love to see what beautiful lines they'd come up with in the one and two irons for the MP-4. I am not really interested in the mph5 1 iron. That thing is a hybrid wannabe. Give me something to aspire to and master.

d7fbd1f80285527eb598a515f20fdaee.jpg

About me: I play to a solid 8 right now, most cause I can't get down in less than 33 putts.

When you imagine an iron built from the gods... jk

In all honesty, the MP32's may be the finest irons Mizuno has ever produced. The 32's provide blade workability in a more penetrating ball flight. Which is wonderful, because i hit 3 irons that'll rival any wedge, lol. They are butter soft, and give you about a quarter size on the face before you get punished, and you will.

Prior to these I played MDC tour blades, which were a cast blade, and I was pretty happy with them. They weren't the softest, but performed very well for $250 blades out of the box.

My best shot ever with 32's happened a few weeks back, I had about 110 yards, in the woods, heavy rough, sitting down, and had to hit through a 10ft wide clearing, all the while slicing the ball to a green protected by mounds. I pulled an 8i, moved the ball back just an inch and hit down on it. The ball shot up, slicing through the air, and landed 25 ft left of the right side pin. Spun it back about a foot too .

With the MDC's and my best ever, I was playing a course back home in Ohio, and I was in semi heavy rough, for my second on a par 5. I had around 205 yards, and an ok lie, but had tall pine trees just 20-30 yards away. I pulled an 6i, widened my stance, took long fluid BS, and ripped at it. Truth is I never saw the shot, all I knew was I made clean contact and didn't hear and tree limbs. So, I hopped in the cart and drove straight looking as I went. As I got to the green I noticed 3 balls on the green and one chipping. I walked around to see if any were mine, and as I walked to the ball closest to the pin my heart actually raced. I marked it, picked it up, and read Wilson Staff! It was mine, sitting next to its mark, 6in from the hole! A tap in eagle!

Love my MP 32's, though they will be crying a little bit in the corner. Really excited for the MP4's as I hear the butter factor is through the roof.

Just had a 72-hole, 4 day golf trip to the Kent coast as part of a once a year Golf Society event. Played 18 holes at Walmer and Kingsdown on Thursday as a 'warm up' for 54-holes at Princes. Fantastic courses, good(ish) golf, great crowd of golf fanatics (36 of us at Princes) and the total bonus of dry, sunny weather although the wind was measured at a constant 31mph during Saturday and was blowing hard all four days.

MP-4s played their part, although my iron play was not at its best and wedges were ridiculously bad. This was particularly frustrating as my driving was the best it's ever been and putting me in great positions. As it panned out over the weekend, after the first round I was mid-table with 26 points (Stableford) and moved up into contention with 37 pts in the second round which left me going out in the last group for the last round. Struck the MP-4s a lot better but putting was not of the standard of the previous days and I scored 32 pts to finish 5 points off the deserved winner in 5th place.

Great fun playing in the wind trying to manipulate the ball and keep it out of the rough which claimed a lot of balls and strokes. Can't wait until next year's trip!

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

From TSG's blog post: 5.5mm FP is near zero offset, while 6.0mm FP is also referred to as onset. Boy I need these in the raw black finish

Agreed. It has to happen. I must own a set :) they look too good not to own.