Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Nard, amazing set brother! Really look like great heads!

Just as good, for the love of God man don't add more smilies and skinned covers to the last remaining balata 100s!!!

Richard, great to see you back sir, your logic of blades, blondes and benzes is as difficult to discredit as always.

So since selling off a bunch of stuff, and buying a GC2 I have used twice due to the fact I carted that before my new house horse, I have been really good about hoing. There are a few things on my radar that may break that. One just came up, and I am scrambling to figure out a play on it. It is a putter in the category of don't need, won't game much or at all, but I am compelled to come up with a strong ceiling for it as it would be a true enhancement to the collection. The other shows how sick this sickness is. I have been watching a set of irons on yahoo Japan for over 5 months, patiently watching, and waiting, and they are almost to the number I to,d myself I would act on if they made it there. They lower the price so infrequently over there, and part of me almost hopes there is a bid or they are gone when I check to make this easier, but if I get them it will be by far the longest stalk on a Ho acquisition ever.

Gawd the Fg59 may be the coolest looking blade ever. And that head size is awesome.

Blond? Check.

Blade? Check.

Benz? No dice.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I fear that there is only so much time left before I will succumb to the urges of Miura irons.

Today at my local indoor sim facility that does a lot of custom fittings. I was minding my own business playing the old course on a sim with my brother and friend. The bay next to us had all the fitting equipment.

Enter the miura wedge that after one hit made me want to buy a set. Such a great and soft feeling wedge. But, in a drawer wide open was a 7i mb001 head just laying there, begging me to hit. I had to resist as I already couldn't stop thinking of the wedge and I'd be doomed for sure if I hit the blade.

One day a set will be mine...

Gawd the Fg59 may be the coolest looking blade ever. And that head size is awesome.

Blond? Check.

Blade? Check.

Benz? No dice.

This could've been my post. It echos my sentiments. Now if only it felt like Mizuno!

There are only a handful of blades that I just looked at and instantly fell in love with. The Fg59s are one of them, alongside the Miura baby blades and Founders Club 200s.

Have you hit the Fg59 and how do you compare it to Mizuno? (And yes if only Mizuno would make a compact head blade...)

Registered Bladeocrat

On the Wilson staff note. There was just posted a brand new in plastic set of 3-Pw FG-62 in the bst just now. $499 in the wrappers some please buy them before I do. Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I am 1/3 on the checklist.....

I prefer japanese cars and brunette's

I traded mine for a Japanese SUV(Land Cruiser) but I'm going back as I type this. The LC is an incredible vehicle, the leather superb as I could put my passenger's seat back and sleep in it as I did one evening last month when I didn't get my way with Madison, so I "left," lol. Seeing as I can't drive cuz I'm have blind and zoned 80% of the time, I just put the seat back, put my Buds in and waited for her to come out, tell me that I was right, apologize and plead with me to join her in bed-

7 hours later, I awoke ;)

Comfortable as hell and my back was fine!!

The problem is, and I've spoken to other Toyota owners and they've said the same and that is that the slightest thing, in my case friggin TWIGS, left deep scratches!!

TWIGS, not heavy branches!!'

I've got scratches all over the friggin vehicle(it's black) and it looks like shat!!

$75k+ and it scratches easier than any Mizzy or Staff blade that I've ever owned.

I'm trading it out for another G series next week-

I need a relatively scratch resistant vehicle to sleep in ;)

Women ;)

Have a Great week Gents?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Blond? Check.

Blade? Check.

Benz? No dice.

This could've been my post. It echos my sentiments. Now if only it felt like Mizuno!

There are only a handful of blades that I just looked at and instantly fell in love with. The Fg59s are one of them, alongside the Miura baby blades and Founders Club 200s.

Have you hit the Fg59 and how do you compare it to Mizuno? (And yes if only Mizuno would make a compact head blade...)

Having Played Staff from 1967-1987 and Mizzy from 1987-2012, I'm fairly familiar with both as though I stepped away from Staff, I never Played less than 4 rounds with any of their blade offerings during the period that I was bagging Mizzy.

The 59's replaced the Mizzy 68's in my bag-

The reason was simple-

The iron in my mind's eye is a 1978 Tour Blade, which I Played from 1978-1987, and the iron that the 59's are patterned after, not the 17's, as some chirp. If they don't know that, they don't know Staff, and ain't worth correcting, lol

For me, the less iron behind and around the ball, the better-

That's why I adored the 59's

It's just you, the ball and the pin, and that lil iron is gonna take ya home, lol

Fack forgiveness!!!

Someone wants forgiveness???

You don't by a friggin blade, lmao

Go buy a MCB, CB or GI iron

A blade is for putting balls on the pin. If a guy is thinking about forgiveness and all that bullshat, he's got the wrong iron in his hand

Anyhoo, I absolutely adore the short heel-toe length of the 59's, which is why next to Madison, the 78 Tour Blades were the second most adored object in my life ?

Yea, the 68's were a nice iron, but for me, the 59's were nicer-

Regarding feel, look Bro, I've Played the TP-9's, 87's, 14's 33's and the 68's and they all felt great but "butta"?!?!?!?

Seriously???!

??WTF??

If I EVER hit an iron and impact felt even remotely like "butta," that would literally be the last time that I ever would swing that iron!!

The Staffs, and specifically the 59's, have a nice "crisp" crack at impact that I absolutely get a ......

Ahhh forget it, lol

Let's leave at it's music to my ears, haha

So, yes, to me they are firmer than the 68's, in a great way.

That crisp "crack" off of impact is what I visualized, dreamt about(especially when I was sleeping in my vehicle ;) ) and hit hundreds of thousands if not millions of balls to hear.

All this crap about "butta," soft oooey gooey to die for, bla bla bla?

Hey, feel's an individual thing but WTF???

The 59's daddy, the 78/80 Tour Blades, are below. The set on left is 1978 retail, on the right from their custom shop(1980 model with slightly reduced muscle pad)

Oh, and this shows ya just how screwed up I am, LMAO...

If a guy is comparing two blades and he mentions that blade A is more forgiving than blade B, guaranfackinteed I'm gonna go look at blade B and like it better than Blade A, LMAO

Always!!

Every friggin time??

Grab a set of 59's Bro!!

You'll absolutely love em!!

Later Ed: LMAO, Madison just texted me and I quote, "Don't even think about those $399 Fg 59's mentioned in Biggy's blade thread!!!" ?????

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

On the Wilson staff note. There was just posted a brand new in plastic set of 3-Pw FG-62 in the bst just now. $499 in the wrappers some please buy them before I do. Lol

Bro, take the 59's!!!!!

You'll thank me, lmao

The 62's are sweet, no doubt, however they are so similar to the 68's that I bought both and literally did a Best of 5 coin flip as I'd Played multiple rounds with both and was gonna go with the Staffs for Ole Lange Syne and Madison said "don't make a decision off of emotion," LMAO

So what do I do???

I flip a friggin coin ??

I'm hopeless, lmao

Get the 59's Bro, or I'm reeeealllllly gonna end up pissin Maddie off??

She was not ecstatic when the Staff box was at the door when she pulled up?

This one would definitely put her over the edge, lmao

Have a great week?

Always,

Richard

Having Played Staff from 1967-1987 and Mizzy from 1987-2012, I'm fairly familiar with both as though I stepped away from Staff, I never Played less than 4 rounds with any of their blade offerings during the period that I was bagging Mizzy.

The 59's replaced the Mizzy 68's in my bag-

The reason was simple-

The iron in my mind's eye is a 1978 Tour Blade, which I Played from 1978-1987, and the iron that the 59's are patterned after, not the 17's, as some chirp. If they don't know that, they don't know Staff, and ain't worth correcting, lol

For me, the less iron behind and around the ball, the better-

That's why I adored the 59's

It's just you, the ball and the pin, and that lil iron is gonna take ya home, lol

Fack forgiveness!!!

Someone wants forgiveness???

You don't by a friggin blade, lmao

Go buy a MCB, CB or GI iron

A blade is for putting balls on the pin. If a guy is thinking about forgiveness and all that bullshat, he's got the wrong iron in his hand

Anyhoo, I absolutely adore the short heel-toe length of the 59's, which is why next to Madison, the 78 Tour Blades were the second most adored object in my life :)

Yea, the 68's were a nice iron, but for me, the 59's were nicer-

Regarding feel, look Bro, I've Played the TP-9's, 87's, 14's 33's and the 68's and they all felt great but "butta"?!?!?!?

Seriously???!

WTF

If I EVER hit an iron and impact felt even remotely like "butta," that would literally be the last time that I ever would swing that iron!!

The Staffs, and specifically the 59's, have a nice "crisp" crack at impact that I absolutely get a ......

Ahhh forget it, lol

Let's leave at it's music to my ears, haha

So, yes, to me they are firmer than the 68's, in a great way.

That crisp "crack" off of impact is what I visualized, dreamt about(especially when I was sleeping in my vehicle ;) ) and hit hundreds of thousands if not millions of balls to hear.

All this crap about "butta," soft oooey gooey to die for, bla bla bla?

Hey, feel's an individual thing but WTF???

The 59's daddy, the 78/80 Tour Blades, are below. The set on left is retail, right from their custom shop(1980 model with slightly reduced muscle pad)

Oh, and this shows ya just how screwed up I am, LMAO...

If a guy is comparing two blades and he mentions that blade A is more forgiving than blade B, guaranfackinteed I'm gonna go look at blade B and like it better than Blade A, LMAO

Always!!

Every friggin time

Grab a set of 59's Bro!!

You'll absolutely love em!!

All the Best,

RP

A smaller and more compact head is simply easier for the hands to manipulate and hold square. Also the more compact head has a lower overall sole surface area and this will put less overall drag on the hands as the clubhead passes through turf. And also it decreases the chances of hitting the ground before the ball when the sole area is lower. Once again, all this is forgiving science behind the compact blade head design.

And then the icing on the cake about that Fg59 design is the nice smooth 'bulge' around the sweetspot. With it, the clubface is like an inflexible wall against which the ball will consistently compress against. It makes spin VERY consistent.

So you combine the compact head and that bulge behind the sweetspot and to me you get a perfect blade design. To my eye the Fg59 is both forgiving and workable in one design and I completely understand why you love them so much from a technical standpoint.

I do want a set, but I'm out of the ho game with the purchase of my last BB set. LOL last night after reading your post, I even approached the topic of maybe trading my mp67s for some Fg59s with my (blonde) wife, but she gave me the stink-eye so I'm leaving it alone. I am simply on a quest to hit one someday and living vicariously through others that game them in this thread.

Also BTW thanks a lot for showing how the head size compared to the FG100.

Registered Bladeocrat

Muscle Backs, M-Series & Mediterranean to Mocha..................just saying.

The 59's are slamming, very solid with a deep resonance, very similar to Titleist 681's. Endo fingerprints all over flushed shots.

I'm at a loss about Mizzy's butter too. I use their wedges and woods, find the wedges really nice but not head and shoulders above Endo or even a quality Hoffman.

The metals however from the MP line are quite special. Beautiful feel to them. I'm already sold on the new MP Driver Type I. The MP 650 has been a gem to own but the new one looks too fantastic to pass on.

I went to Golf Galaxy today...Three clubs got reshafting. The little 1 iron and the MP-14 twins! The little one iron got a KBS shaft and the 14's got DG 300s. I was in a hurry and didn't want to have an odd club in a pair. I can't wait to hit them tomorrow! I'm thinking I will wake up really early and sneak away to the driving range before the girl wakes up. Long iron city! Egg smashing long bomb paradise! I'm really interested to see what the 14's are like and especially what the Ram will do now that it's not a midget anymore.

Richard, the land cruiser is one of the best vehicles EVER......your taste is as I said, very difficult to argue with. I am a big Toyota guy, but the wife is on her second Infiniti and so far the nissans have been solid. Had an Audi once and loved it, but that German maintenance is no myth. If I ever get to the point I can burn money on a car would love to get an M3/4/5.....but I have a hard time burning money on cars, Infiniti is compelling as far as bang for buck goes. I roll a chic car and love it, got a Mazda CX-5. Mazda also a solid bang for buck, but unlike the toyotas and infinities I have had, I don't really have reliability confidence in the "Mazdaratti" as she sounds a little rough every now and then for 45k mIles.....but I don't miss a real man pickup for running around to jobs and meetings......takes a real man to drive a cx5 in construction.

Played par 3 today, and playing in a charity best ball tomorrow. After playing so well at trump international out of a dead cold hiatus, the realism of the game is back. Lots of rust to shed. Used my tad Moore handmade putter, reallly should game that more. Didn't drop anything to write home about but scared the hole a lot and started it on line reliably. Also went surfing for the first time in 8 years (Back surgery and after going to the hospital basically paralyzed (feeling and movement but no big muscle control) from that I sorta have stayed out of the water with the thought of that possibility from a bad bending fall equaling a no bueno swimming situation). Other than being fatter and out of shape, I had a grin plastered on my face as I had a few solid rides to take home from the 1 hour session in crappy surf amd I was almost stunned it was that much like riding a bike. So really looking forward to more of that.

Deninny, I agree man, I feel like it is possible I am about at my potential. Fact is, consistency is my real enemy. Maybe I need to really learn how to have productive range sessions. I don't know, I enjoy playing, but I wish I had more control over my consistency. I don't mind bad shots, I just mind how bad the bad ones can be. I was even through 6, albeit a par 3, but doubled the 7th with water off the tee and a horrendous shot. Like how are those shots even still in my bag. How can I either flush a ball or hit it fat as hell. Like not even close. I just feel like my bad shots are so disproportionate to how my other majority good and misses expected from a 8 or whatever are. maybe deninny is right and it is just a physical or dedicated time limit and it's what it is....just so hard when you know what you have in the bag. I just can't stay away from the Devistation. I played with a scratch player last year and I remember thinking the whole time how I was right there with him, but he never leaked shots or made brutal penalties, and I didn't realize how if I look like him for 3 or 6 or 9 holes it doesn't matter because I am going to chunk a chip, hit a drive ob and not get up and down or make that par putt to the tune of the 8 shots between us by the time 18 is done. I just wonder if like deninny said, I can't for legitimate reasons ever not find a way to not do those things...

Oh yeah, and one of my surprise auction items on radar was pulled off eBay before ending tomorrow. A handmade Yamada 8802 style putter, no bids at $200 and I was so hoping to get it for under 4....I don't have a Yamada in my collection currently (I flipped one a while back) and I was really into this one, and he pulled it? Either sold it local or someone messaged him an offer off eBay.....oh well, i will have a Yamada eventually, but this was cool and no Japan hassle.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Oh yeah, and one of my surprise auction items on radar was pulled off eBay before ending tomorrow. A handmade Yamada 8802 style putter, no bids at $200 and I was so hoping to get it for under 4....I don't have a Yamada in my collection currently (I flipped one a while back) and I was really into this one, and he pulled it? Either sold it local or someone messaged him an offer off eBay.....oh well, i will have a Yamada eventually, but this was cool and no Japan hassle.

Was it an individual seller or a store? If the latter, it's possible someone bought it directly from the store. I had something similar happen to me when I was trying to buy a set of Hogan Precisions from Golf Partner.

NRJ, let us know how those NV105's workout.

Went to the range yesterday, took my Purefit 7 and 8 irons, both shafted with graphite. The 8i has the NV105 stiff, the 7i has an XCaliber Tour X in TS flex.

Both shafts held up under the swing; I leaned on them a couple times to see what I'd get. Based on what I could tell with less than stellar (and wet) range balls, the NV105 appears to help hit the ball lower than does the Axe Tour X. I was hitting with a helping cross wind, so couldn't get any feel for upwind performance, though having most of the balls still wet or damp took care of that also.

I *did* get a couple shots that did an S curve. Just have to love beat up range balls. Outstanding.

The only issue I seemed to have was related to also having a couple steel shafted clubs with me. When I'd grab one of the DGS400 clubs, I'd leave it out right for a bit. If I went to graphite after swinging DGS, I'd pull them left on occasion.

Other than that, everything was pretty straight.

Taking the 8 iron along to the course on Tuesday, will be playing Round Number Two of the season. Woo!

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

What do you guys think of the cobra king forged mb? I loved the feel but couldn't try them with the Nippon pro modus in 120 X. I know a few people have bought and played them but I am having trouble finding reviews

I've hit them a little (off mats, in shops and at a demo day) and I've loved them. Nice compact head.

What do you guys think of the cobra king forged mb? I loved the feel but couldn't try them with the Nippon pro modus in 120 X. I know a few people have bought and played them but I am having trouble finding reviews

I've hit them a little (off mats, in shops and at a demo day) and I've loved them. Nice compact head.

Yeah they Really frame the ball nicley!

I initially never liked the looks of those FG Tours but I realize I am an idiot and they look amazing...

In saying that, those FG62's that BH referenced earlier are definitely one of my all time best looking blades. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I regret never owning a set.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

Good Morning CB :)

My Bro Put a set of the Kings Forged MB Protos in the bag that he won off of the rep(a former WVU Player who went to HS with my Bro), replacing his 4th set of TBaG RAC's and my Bro is the anti-ho in that while he Plays to a +2.5 and took his first Club last year, it took him almost a season to remember the model of iron that he Played when he first put em in the bag, lol.

He loves em cuz he won a set of BB's last season over at Oakmont, he Played three rounds with em and sold em, lol. They are a great looking blade though his are gun metal color, don't have the "King Forged MB" on faceback and only the Cobra logo and don't have any fill in it or in the club #.

They are a great iron!!

I don't think that you're going to find too much difference blade to blade from a technology standpoint cuz pretty much, a MB is a MB. It seems as though everyone knows about what everyone else is releasing and they all are similar regarding looks with the exception of moving weight around the muscle pad, with the exception of Nike and those God forsaken "blades," lol. Madison still has the original VR blades in the bag(3 & 4i are that pocket CB which I think is the sweetest pocket CB goin, blows the Mizzy 53/54's away and they shoulda made a full set of em) though she's Playing my 25's this week and the Staff rep is dropping off a 100 & V6 4i, 6i and 9i with her shafts in em next week. I thought she was goin back to Titleist but Nike extended her apparel contract so she can just pick based solely on the clubs that she likes, which was never the case cuz being a single Mother with 4 children and Nike was very very generous with the family perks, lol.

Anyhoo, those Cobras are a sweet blade!!

Have a great week my Friend?

My Best,

RP

Goals for this weekend:

-Continue to get more comfortable with the new driver. I hit the final five fairways last Saturday. Really starting to understand it after 3 rounds together.

-Make the shots that I know I can make. Pick a shot and commit to it. Two putt pars are better than hard up and downs that tend to lead to bogey or double.

-Focus on keeping the ball on the high side of the hole while putting.

-Enjoy the last two rounds with the MP32s.

-When I get in trouble, don't be a hero. Take the medicine of the bad shot, and don't make it worse. Bogey is better than triple.

-Stay in the moment. Don't worry about the 18 hole score on #1. Pars lead to good rounds!

Wanted to report back on my weekend rounds. Was fortunate to play with two buddies that are up and coming pros. I'm still trying to get back down to a low single digit handi, so I gave them free reign to look at the swing and give me some tips. So glad that we did. We found a major issue with my alignment that is causing the occasional pull hook. Need some range time to get comfortable again with the change, but it was an "ah ha" moment. Setting up significantly right of target and pulling it left is exacerbated on the driver. Range time will fix this. When I was able to get the proper set up going, my distance was a little greater as well.

I'd say I was the best at keeping the ball on the high side of the hole. It let to really nice putting statistics over the two rounds (30 putts Sat, 29 putts Sun).

I did a relatively good job of trying to not be a hero when in trouble. Only one time (which led to a triple) did I try to make a crazy shot that I shouldn't have made.

Didn't have a single birdie on the weekend. I'll blame this on working through some swing changes on course with these guys, and not hitting as many greens as I typically do. We'll work through this little change.

All in all, hit the ball decent, the short game was effective (not as good as I would like it to be though), and the putting was as good as it has been all year.

Really looking forward to a range session or two this week with my alignment sticks to work on proper alignment and not trying to over follow through to compensate for the poor set up.