SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

i have 4 dozen brand new ksig 4 pieces that i would gladly trade straight up for 2 dozen reds.

wow, that's heck of statement.

The red is just better. that is the statement. i was very critical of the original MTB. but the new red is a great ball.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have 42 ksig 3piece (4dozen minus 2 sleeves) that I'd trade for 2 dozen of mtb blacks. And I'll pay for your shipping cost too.

In regards KSig, IMO, the consistency of the quality has been issue unlike other mass-produced balls including Snell balls. That's why I stay away from it even though the price is unbelievable.

i have 4 dozen brand new ksig 4 pieces that i would gladly trade straight up for 2 dozen reds.

wow, that's heck of statement.

Money wise it’s a pretty even trade

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

In regards KSig, IMO, the consistency of the quality has been issue unlike other mass-produced balls including Snell balls. That's why I stay away from it even though the price is unbelievable.

Can you elaborate on the quality issues?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Found Snell balls on the shelf at scheels sporting goods in omaha. ???

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

I am sure it is in here, but dont really want to search through thousands of replies. I tend to hit a high drive (have brought it down with my new fitted shaft), but am looking for a ball that is lower launching. Does the Red or Black launch lower? Thanks in advance for any reply. Have a great weekend.

Been a bit since I compared these, but the below link shows black launching slightly higher. I don't remember much trajectory difference in my limited comparison testing.

https://practical-golf.com/snell-golf-mtb-red-black-review/

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

Ebay or Amazon. I don't now know but they were getting stupid prices for those Kirkland balls. The buzz might of died a bit now but should be able to almost get double what you paid. Then after flipping them stock up on some MTB's.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I am sure it is in here, but dont really want to search through thousands of replies. I tend to hit a high drive (have brought it down with my new fitted shaft), but am looking for a ball that is lower launching. Does the Red or Black launch lower? Thanks in advance for any reply. Have a great weekend.

Been a bit since I compared these, but the below link shows black launching slightly higher. I don't remember much trajectory difference in my limited comparison testing.

https://practical-go...d-black-review/

Thank you!. I ordered my test pack yesterday so I will give them a run. I am on my last dozen MTB from last year, so its just about time. Thanks again, C50Sooner.

Previously addressed by Dean in this thread.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1130047-snell-golf-balls-anyone/page__st__3090__p__17130754#entry17130754

scheels... yes, they have been in touch with us to carry the balls.. they had several customers come in and ask, so we wanted to make sure that we created a deal for them to allow the price to stay 31.99 per doz... so we take a bit of a hit, but we are able to service our customers in that location with product and keep the affordable price...we have a few others who do the same thing...

I think it was 3rd or 4th batch of ksig on sale. I bought dozens to sell online and kept a dozen for myself. when I gamed ksig, first the feel was not the same. second, I lost distance. So I had my friend who had the first batch, gamed my ksig balls. He confirmed the difference. When I posted the issue, Dean mentioned the overrun parts used.

Ever since, I never looked back.

http://www.golfwrx.c...4#entry17130754

scheels... yes, they have been in touch with us to carry the balls.. they had several customers come in and ask, so we wanted to make sure that we created a deal for them to allow the price to stay 31.99 per doz... so we take a bit of a hit, but we are able to service our customers in that location with product and keep the affordable price...we have a few others who do the same thing...

I think Big5 Sporting Goods also carry in some select locations.

Maybe a little of spin by Dean on this IMO. Lots of stores would not be able to carry Snell because they would be bullied and threatened by bigger ball makers if they did. Dean is smart enough to know putting them on the shelves in some stores that can get away with it is not a bad move for anyone.

My local course is not affiliated with any club or ball maker, I think Snell would sell well there actually, not just MTB but the Get Sum as well as we have a boat load of older guys with slower swings and like the soft distance balls.

Dean let me know when you want to make the connection with the Pro Shop!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

https://practical-go...d-black-review/

Thank you!. I ordered my test pack yesterday so I will give them a run. I am on my last dozen MTB from last year, so its just about time. Thanks again, C50Sooner.

Than you. I missed that (must not have searched properly). Good to know that they are not fake or bootlegged.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

No problem at all, let us know what you think when you get a chance to try them out. I think Snell did a good job drawing the line where they did between Red and Black because people definitely seem to prefer one or the other. Both great balls, I personally prefer the Red (in yellow), but it rides the wind a bit more than I would like.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

http://www.golfwrx.c...4#entry17130754

I think Big5 Sporting Goods also carry in some select locations.

Maybe a little of spin by Dean on this IMO. Lots of stores would not be able to carry Snell because they would be bullied and threatened by bigger ball makers if they did. Dean is smart enough to know putting them on the shelves in some stores that can get away with it is not a bad move for anyone.

My local course is not affiliated with any club or ball maker, I think Snell would sell well there actually, not just MTB but the Get Sum as well as we have a boat load of older guys with slower swings and like the soft distance balls.

Dean let me know when you want to make the connection with the Pro Shop!

yes, please have him send email to [email protected] and we can send him some information... we do not sell to a lot of big retailers due to the fact that we are holding on our prices.. they typically want to make big margins, and with our business model, we do not have this built in so we have to decline.. there are some however, who have wanted to carry the balls at some of their stores, and were willing to make it work for both of us.. they will also sell for the 31.99 price so if that helps someone who lives close by, its a good thing... but the majority of our business is for sure the direct to consumer model we want to stay with...

Sorry guys, I'm at work and don't have time to search through this thread for an answer. Which MTB plays like the regular ProV1, the black or the red? I definitely prefer the ProV1 to the ProV1x. Thanks!

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

Sorry guys, I'm at work and don't have time to search through this thread for an answer. Which MTB plays like the regular ProV1, the black or the red? I definitely prefer the ProV1 to the ProV1x. Thanks!

From my experience, the Black plays more like the ProV1 and Red more like the Prov1x if you are looking for that kind of comparison.

However I think the Black feels softer the the V1 and the red is more in between v1 and v1x.

I purchased a trial pack and have tested both. And I prefer the Red.

How do you get a trial pack? Been lurking on this thread and just haven't pulled the trigger. Which ball compares to project a?

Snell sells trial packs on their website.

Also RockBottomGolf.com now sells individual sleeves (but you will need to pay shipping)

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

From my experience, the Black plays more like the ProV1 and Red more like the Prov1x if you are looking for that kind of comparison.

However I think the Black feels softer the the V1 and the red is more in between v1 and v1x.

I purchased a trial pack and have tested both. And I prefer the Red.

Thanks, that's exactly the comparison I was looking for. I'm definitely going to have to buy the trial pack and try them both to decide which one is right for me.

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

I think it was 3rd or 4th batch of ksig on sale. I bought dozens to sell online and kept a dozen for myself. when I gamed ksig, first the feel was not the same. second, I lost distance. So I had my friend who had the first batch, gamed my ksig balls. He confirmed the difference. When I posted the issue, Dean mentioned the overrun parts used.

Ever since, I never looked back.

Oh so you AND your friend confirmed this “quality” issue.

Quite the white paper.

X________________________________ Sign Here

Whenever I hits good shot with my Snell my friends sing this (obviously replace smell with SNELL)

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I've been able to play a litttle with both red and black. Much prefer the Red. Could be my imagination but seemed a bit longer than the Wilson 50 Elites I play early in the season (sneaky good ball for a 2 piece) and definitely very good stopping power. Just wish they were regularly available at say $25/dozen without paying for the VIP. Anyone interested in trading reds for black?

I've been able to play a litttle with both red and black. Much prefer the Red. Could be my imagination but seemed a bit longer than the Wilson 50 Elites I play early in the season (sneaky good ball for a 2 piece) and definitely very good stopping power. Just wish they were regularly available at say $25/dozen without paying for the VIP. Anyone interested in trading reds for black?
i agree. Its a great ball and my new gamer from the original MTB. With all due respect, with the value pack its a little over $27 a dozen. And you think it should be lower??? Its already $20 bucks a dozen cheaper than most other so called top-tier balls. Buy them and enjoy that your playing one of the best balls in golf!

$40/dz. here, I wouldn't complain too much?! ;)

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

i agree. Its a great ball and my new gamer from the original MTB. With all due respect, with the value pack its a little over $27 a dozen. And you think it should be lower??? Its already $20 bucks a dozen cheaper than most other so called top-tier balls. Buy them and enjoy that your playing one of the best balls in golf!

LMAO! You're taking offense to me saying i'd like to see that at $25/doz. Its a great ball but there are others coming in cheaper and definitely comparable including Cut, Vice, the original Ksig. Don't mind me though. I just try to save a bit here and there so I can play more.

I have bought MTBs from my local Big 5. It's a smaller, old-school store that reminds me of my youth (all those days of buying fishing stuff and sleeping bags, etc...simpler times). I asked them to start acquiring the Get Sums. I have a couple boxes of those crossing the nation as I type this. Way overlooked ball, IMO.

I have bought MTBs from my local Big 5. It's a smaller, old-school store that reminds me of my youth (all those days of buying fishing stuff and sleeping bags, etc...simpler times). I asked them to start acquiring the Get Sums. I have a couple boxes of those crossing the nation as I type this. Way overlooked ball, IMO.

Didn't know snell was available offline. Is this official channel or just some diversion selling?