2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ping G30 LS Tec Driver

aussiegolferer

Picked up mine last night finally after a long wait and I was smoking it right out of the box. I am having a Ping tip put on my P9003x shaft but I must say, the Ping Tour 80x was so good last night I almost told them not to even bother with the other shaft... but what if the p9003 is even better!!!!???

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jamie' timestamp='1429142352' post='11369095']
Anyone know how the matte finish on the sole holds up?
[/quote]

Very well.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Just got my LST to review for another forum the other day. Won't get it on the course until Saturday, but the few practice swings I took with it made me happy. Very balanced club for being so long. I typically play driver at 44.5" total so this is over an inch longer. Putting together a couple new shafts with g30 tips now to compare. I have a Tour AD MD 8tx, Speeder 757 tour spec X, and Matrix White Tie 8x3 S.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

Having put my AD BB in my LST, which makes it play at 44.5", I needed to add some weight to get the SW back wheri'l like it (it was C8 or something with the stock weight. The finish doesn't hold lead tape too well, so I ordered an aftermarket weight from Billy Bob's, and now the SW is better, but the aftermarket weight is metal, while the ping weight is plastic coated, and with the new weight in it, the sound is really quite a bit louder, kind of an aluminum bat tone. So now, I think I'm going to try to find a thin rubber washer to put under the weight to try to get some of that metallic sound out of there.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1429194550' post='11372817']
Having put my AD BB in my LST, which makes it play at 44.5", I needed to add some weight to get the SW back wheri'l like it (it was C8 or something with the stock weight. The finish doesn't hold lead tape too well, so I ordered an aftermarket weight from Billy Bob's, and now the SW is better, but the aftermarket weight is metal, while the ping weight is plastic coated, and with the new weight in it, the sound is really quite a bit louder, kind of an aluminum bat tone. So now, I think I'm going to try to find a thin rubber washer to put under the weight to try to get some of that metallic sound out of there.
[/quote]

If you get the right person on the phone, Ping will ship you a heavier OEM weight.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I discovered something today that has me quite pleased......If this has been discussed before, i apologize. I was having trouble hitting the LS with the consistency i wanted .....It seemed like i couldn't get three shots in a row to be the same in feel, sound, or flight.......Today, while by myself on the course, i broke my last tee......I grabbed a broken tee and teed one really low, and wow. The best drive that i have hit all year......I hit four more from this spot with the tiny tee and band, bang, bang, and bang.......Played four more holes and hit it great on everyone.....Anyone else have success with this driver teed low? By the way, i seemed to hit it as high with the short tee as i do with the longer one.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1429236235' post='11377907']
I discovered something today that has me quite pleased......If this has been discussed before, i apologize. I was having trouble hitting the LS with the consistency i wanted .....It seemed like i couldn't get three shots in a row to be the same in feel, sound, or flight.......Today, while by myself on the course, i broke my last tee......I grabbed a broken tee and teed one really low, and wow. The best drive that i have hit all year......I hit four more from this spot with the tiny tee and band, bang, bang, and bang.......Played four more holes and hit it great on everyone.....Anyone else have success with this driver teed low? By the way, i seemed to hit it as high with the short tee as i do with the longer one.
[/quote]

WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007

Had the same experience on the range tonight...dead straight bombs and the trajectory was great with the low tee height

WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007

Yup ... had similar results T-ing mine down a bit, as well it suits my swing, had to do same with my old SLDR, too.

Went to the range this afternoon with my Tour Ad BB7 in the LST .... got warmed up hit a variety of wedges/irons then pulled out the driver and a few lost and found Pro V1's. I brought some impact tape to clearly see where I was hitting this combo after I butt trimmed it down to 44.5 and got the s/w back up to D3.5. All I can say is ... "unbelievable" .... the center was basically black dimples, I was reaching the far end of the range, laser guided trajectory right at my target and after a good bounce lots of roll out, I believe I gained more distance with the BB7 over my Di6, both are tip trimmed 5/8" and play 44.5.

I'm going out in the morning to test drive this set-up on the course ..... excited!

D.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

since I have waited for almost two months, mine arrived yesterday and I will test it tomorrow! :superman:

TaylorMade M2 2016, 8.0* UST ATTAS GoGo 5 6X
TaylorMade SLDR 14.3* UST Chrome 8FT5
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* Speeder TS HB 9.8X
Srixon Z 765 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
Titleist SM6 50F, 56M, 60K Kuro Kage TiNi LBP 105TX
Evnroll ER2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921839-first-witb-guess-where-im-from/"]WITB Link[/url]

Finnally got to test mine in ideal conditions yesterday and compared it to my sldr. Mid 70s sunny and no wind.
The sldr actually appears to be a tad shorter (even on nutted shots). But the feel of the sldr is 2nd to none in my book. The few grams of hotmelt doesn't hurt.
The ls with a rogue silver 70x 110msi just goes and has major roll out. But I'm not a fan of the rogue as I've become to realize I prefer very very stiff butt sections (gogo 7x in the sldr). But the distance I might have to learn to deal with it. I also have 5 grams of hotmelt in the ls and play it at 44 and haven't hit the sweet spot that much ever.
Going to throw the GoGo in the ping and see how that works out. And I have an extra adaptor so I gotta figure out what to use that on. Got a Velox, 7m3 and a ust earth beggin to be used.

Aeroburner tour issue 9.5 Aldila NL60tx
Aeroburner mini 14* tour issue Aldila NL70tx
Jetspeed Proto 18* Aldila NL80tx
Adams LSP 16* Aldila Tour Green 85tx
Rsi 2. 5-PW Aldila RIP 115s
Vokey TVD SM5 M grind 50*, 54* and 60*
Ping Ketsch heavy

Finnally got to test mine in ideal conditions yesterday and compared it to my sldr. Mid 70s sunny and no wind.
The sldr actually appears to be a tad shorter (even on nutted shots). But the feel of the sldr is 2nd to none in my book. The few grams of hotmelt doesn't hurt.
The ls with a rogue silver 70x 110msi just goes and has major roll out. But I'm not a fan of the rogue as I've become to realize I prefer very very stiff butt sections (gogo 7x in the sldr). But the distance I might have to learn to deal with it. I also have 5 grams of hotmelt in the ls and play it at 44 and haven't hit the sweet spot that much ever.
Going to throw the GoGo in the ping and see how that works out. And I have an extra adaptor so I gotta figure out what to use that on. Got a Velox, 7m3 and a ust earth beggin to be used.

Aeroburner tour issue 9.5 Aldila NL60tx
Aeroburner mini 14* tour issue Aldila NL70tx
Jetspeed Proto 18* Aldila NL80tx
Adams LSP 16* Aldila Tour Green 85tx
Rsi 2. 5-PW Aldila RIP 115s
Vokey TVD SM5 M grind 50*, 54* and 60*
Ping Ketsch heavy

[/quote]

Exactly my experience actually. With the G25 to get that low spin effect you had to make contact higher on the face. The LST definitely has lower spin the higher you hit it, but it doesn't seem to be as consistent as far as dispersion on strikes high on the face. Tee'd low, it elevates beautifully for me, rockets off the face, and holds it's line.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

[/quote]

Exactly my experience actually. With the G25 to get that low spin effect you had to make contact higher on the face. The LST definitely has lower spin the higher you hit it, but it doesn't seem to be as consistent as far as dispersion on strikes high on the face. Tee'd low, it elevates beautifully for me, rockets off the face, and holds it's line.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1429150474' post='11369965']
Picked up mine last night finally after a long wait and I was smoking it right out of the box. I am having a Ping tip put on my P9003x shaft but I must say, the Ping Tour 80x was so good last night I almost told them not to even bother with the other shaft... but what if the p9003 is even better!!!!???
[/quote]
Let us know! That P0003x sounds like it could be the "bomb"!

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1429150474' post='11369965']
[/quote]
Let us know! That P0003x sounds like it could be the "bomb"!

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

[quote name='G-Bone' timestamp='1429195411' post='11372945']
[/quote]

If you get the right person on the phone, Ping will ship you a heavier OEM weight.
[/quote]
Wish I'd known that before ordering the aftermarket weights! However, I got a rubber washer (#10 rubber washer from the plumbing department at Home Depot), and that fit nicely around the base of the weight, and I put a few small pieces of lead tape in the weight port under the weight, and the sound is dampened and back to how it was sounding before. Not as muted as you guys messing with cotton balls, hotmelt, and yarn, but I like the sound of it without any of those tweaks.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='G-Bone' timestamp='1429195411' post='11372945']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wish I'd known that before ordering the aftermarket weights! However, I got a rubber washer (#10 rubber washer from the plumbing department at Home Depot), and that fit nicely around the base of the weight, and I put a few small pieces of lead tape in the weight port under the weight, and the sound is dampened and back to how it was sounding before. Not as muted as you guys messing with cotton balls, hotmelt, and yarn, but I like the sound of it without any of those tweaks.

[quote name='jgripp81' timestamp='1429276329' post='11379863']
[/quote]

Nice! I was just mulling over a 43.5", like you said the shorter shaft should help hit the center every time. Mine feels good at 44.5" but I'm chokeing down at least another .5" as is.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='jgripp81' timestamp='1429276329' post='11379863']
[/quote]

Nice! I was just mulling over a 43.5", like you said the shorter shaft should help hit the center every time. Mine feels good at 44.5" but I'm chokeing down at least another .5" as is.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1429288854' post='11381543']
Anyone using aftermarket, leather type, headcovers on the g30 that fit OK?
[/quote]

http://roseandfire.com/shop/tow-camouflage-headcover

This is what I am using, they fit great, and come in leather too.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

[/quote]

http://roseandfire.com/shop/tow-camouflage-headcover

This is what I am using, they fit great, and come in leather too.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Man I can't get over the tour shafts.. I'm a tried and true diamana guy I stuck my normal wb as well as a kuro kage silver tini 60x in this thing and I'm right back to the tour 65x because it just feels great and flat out preforms.

Side note if anyone would like a pretty much new kuro kage with a new grip and g30 adapter shoot me a pm I'll hook you up :)

My Bag
Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
Titleist SM6 52,54,60
odyssey big T

Man I can't get over the tour shafts.. I'm a tried and true diamana guy I stuck my normal wb as well as a kuro kage silver tini 60x in this thing and I'm right back to the tour 65x because it just feels great and flat out preforms.

Side note if anyone would like a pretty much new kuro kage with a new grip and g30 adapter shoot me a pm I'll hook you up :)

My Bag
Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
Titleist SM6 52,54,60
odyssey big T

[/quote]

Yes, I am using aftermarket leather headcovers and they fit great...

http://www.winstoncollection.com

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[/quote]

Yes, I am using aftermarket leather headcovers and they fit great...

http://www.winstoncollection.com

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx