2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping G30 LS Tec Driver

aussiegolferer

Just got an ls tec recently, replacing my x2hot pro. Got a 9 degree head set at 10 degrees with the stock tfc 419 stiff shaft. All I can say is this club is ridiculously good, and I'm surprised at how great the stock shaft feels. On the course It not only carries further, but seems to roll out further than my x2hot pro. Just long knuckleballs that roll forever.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipped one out from 309 with the LS Tec on a risk reward par 4 yesterday. Knew it was right at the stick but didn't know how close I was until after the round when the group in front me told me what had happened. Still can't say enough about how much I like this driver.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Wow, I hit this on foresight today and couldn't believe how awesome it is. Tour shaft felt great as well. Probably the best Ping product to come out in the last 10 years IMO.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

[quote name='Hasone33' timestamp='1430787625' post='11499379']
I am super excited as I got a G30LS 10.5 with Ping Tour 65 Stiff shaft in today.
I took it in to get hot melted and tipped the shaft .75".
Heading to Scottsdale in a couple days and ready to try it out.
[/quote]

Can't wait to hear about the sound after hotmelt. I have been contemplating doing it to mine soon. I don't mind the sound at all, but if it makes it more of a solid thwack sound, I wouldn't complain.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

[quote name='CallawayKid86' timestamp='1430829519' post='11501703'][quote name='Hasone33' timestamp='1430787625' post='11499379']
I am super excited as I got a G30LS 10.5 with Ping Tour 65 Stiff shaft in today.
I took it in to get hot melted and tipped the shaft .75".
Heading to Scottsdale in a couple days and ready to try it out.
[/quote]

Can't wait to hear about the sound after hotmelt. I have been contemplating doing it to mine soon. I don't mind the sound at all, but if it makes it more of a solid thwack sound, I wouldn't complain.[/quote]

Muted, but depending on who does it the driver can feel a bit dead

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Have been struggling the last few rounds with the LST, just not hitting it solidly, and misses were going both ways, but mostly in play. Went to the range to try to sort it out today, and experimented with hitting it in the big + setting (I have had it on the little + since I got it). Trajectory was noticeably higher, which I think is a good thing with this club, and I've been thinking that I've been hitting it borderline too low, and I started hitting it much better again. The loft adjustment doesn't really explain why I suddenly started hitting the center of the face consistently again, but when stuff works, I try not to ask too many questions.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I've been gaming the g30 for almost a year, 9* set on the little + setting and I love it but it just sets up a tad closed. Has anyone gone to the LS Tec 10.5* and cranked it down to get the face open?

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

[quote name='ccorrada' timestamp='1431025200' post='11517977']
I've been gaming the g30 for almost a year, 9* set on the little + setting and I love it but it just sets up a tad closed. Has anyone gone to the LS Tec 10.5* and cranked it down to get the face open?
[/quote]

Yep. The 10.5 set to lower loft did seem to produce a more fade biased shot and did look a little more open face.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

[quote name='Peanut191' timestamp='1431026763' post='11518121']
[quote name='ccorrada' timestamp='1431025200' post='11517977']
[/quote]

Yep. The 10.5 set to lower loft did seem to produce a more fade biased shot and did look a little more open face.
[/quote]Thank you sir. Now I need to find a 10.5* head. If anyone has one let me know.

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

Just hit the 10.5 LS w tour 60 shaft at demo day......WOW is all I can say. The dispersion on this club has me sold. Night vs Day compared to current SLDR. Length is long. Going to buy.

The G20 I used for 2 years was a great club....don't know why I moved away from Ping.....but I'm coming home to roost.

I'm in the minority but I love the Sound this club makes on impact.

This year I decided to start looking at some new drivers to see if I liked anything as much as my Ping Anser. I went to Edwin Watts and hit several drivers. On their indoor golf simulator I seemed to be getting the best numbers from the Titleist 915 D2 in terms of distance and forgiveness, so I purchased that first. After a couple of range sessions and a round of golf I confirmed that I hit the Anser much better. I then went back and exchanged it for a Taylormade R15 that I was also getting good numbers from. I had the same issues when I got to the course. It just wasn't better my Anser. I was allowed one more exchange, so I decided to get a G30 LST even though the numbers indoors weren't great. All I can say now is wow! The G30 LST is a bomber and seems to be finding more fairways than the Anser. I think I finally have a winner. It just goes to show that the only way to really tell if you like a club is to take it out to the course. Hitting indoors does nothing for me. I think I have issues loosening up and just swinging in those places. Maybe demo days are the answer for the future but for right now I'm really happy with what I'm seeing from the G30 LST. I better be since I'm not allowed any more exchanges.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

I finished last season with a G30. Start this season with an R15 430, Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD, The G30 and a G30 LST. The LST has been beyond the best hands down. Nearly as forgiving as the G30 and at most 5yds shorter than the DBD. I finished last season driving the ball well which is usually one of my weak points. This season the driver has been by far the most consistent club in my bag, gaining more and more confidence in it every round.

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

... Ordered a Fly Z with a Tour Blue and a G30 LS with a 14.5gm weight and the stock shaft as I knew I was gonna reshaft. The LS arrived with the lightest weight disc and a senior shaft, not the stock shaft. The Fly Z was perfect and I put it in play. They reordered the weight and shaft from Ping and the 14.5gm weight came in 10 days later, but the same senior shaft. WTF? I get one mistake, but the same one twice is ridiculous. Fell in love with the Fly Z but after a few rounds with the LS shafted with a Kai'li I am afraid the Cobra might be history. I like the look, sound and feel of the Cobra much more, but the LS is just silly straight and consistent. Slight mishits are almost as good as perfect contact. I also put some yarn in the head and it sounds MUCH better. Playing it at 44". I have never played a Ping driver and still can't believe how good the LS is.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

I just pulled the trigger on one (9 degree head). I swap between the G25 and SLDR currently. The G25 is so forgiving but spins a bit too much in the wind for my liking. The SLDR is longgg and very low spin but the feel is awful and mishits are punished severely. I am hoping that the G30 LS could be the happy medium between the two. If so I think it will be a winner!

Not as long as most of you posting here, but my game is improving. Yesterday, my store left the launch monitor on in the hitting bay. Hit a few different drivers, but as I got loose, noticed the G30 LS (9*, stock stiff) was the CLEAR winner by 15-20 yard average. The cool part: Shots with the other drivers (Aeroburner, XTD, and BB Alpha) were typical of my on-course distance!

Now, my SS should not put me in a 9* head, but I can't argue with the numbers. Should I go back and just try to buy the demo club? Regular fitting? Certified Ping fitting? (I have never purchased a new OEM club. Always played used OEM or low-end custom, so this will be a treat for me!)

Really like this club!

Hey guys.. Just got back from one month confinement. This driver rocks!! Definitely kicks cavity driver's sorry a**!!

DRIVER: TITLEIST 913D2 10.5*
WOOD: TITLEIST 913FD 18*
HYBRID: TITLEIST 913H 24*, PING G10 24*
IRON: WILSON FG62 5-P
WEDGE: TITLEIST VOKEY SM5 50*, 54*, 58*
PUTTER: SCOTTY CAMERON SQUAREBACK (buzz off GOLO)
BAG: TAYLORMADE CART BAG

[quote name='games' timestamp='1431264304' post='11531484']
Not as long as most of you posting here, but my game is improving. Yesterday, my store left the launch monitor on in the hitting bay. Hit a few different drivers, but as I got loose, noticed the G30 LS (9*, stock stiff) was the CLEAR winner by 15-20 yard average. The cool part: Shots with the other drivers (Aeroburner, XTD, and BB Alpha) were typical of my on-course distance!

Now, my SS should not put me in a 9* head, but I can't argue with the numbers. Should I go back and just try to buy the demo club? Regular fitting? Certified Ping fitting? (I have never purchased a new OEM club. Always played used OEM or low-end custom, so this will be a treat for me!)

Really like this club!
[/quote]

Swing speed isn't the only reason someone may fit better into a lower loft. I'd try to hit it outside to see how the ball flight looks. It does seem like many are going to a little higher loft though. I played 10.5 in this and the g25 and my max height is 30 feet lower. Different shafts and not digitally lofted but I've seen 3-4 people with the same results in person.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1431267060' post='11531650']
Swing speed isn't the only reason someone may fit better into a lower loft. I'd try to hit it outside to see how the ball flight looks. It does seem like many are going to a little higher loft though. I played 10.5 in this and the g25 and my max height is 30 feet lower. Different shafts and not digitally lofted but I've seen 3-4 people with the same results in person.
[/quote]

Thanks for replying! Seems the thread consensus is for the 10.5*. The hitting bay is 100 feet, so I had a good feel for the flight. It was surprisingly mid-high, and similar to my current setup (10.5* Adams Fast12 LS, Graf Blue Stiff). Maybe lower kickpoint of the stock TFC419D shaft (Ping blue) was offsetting the lower-loft head. Again, my enthusiasm for the club is the comparative results versus other clubs tried, and not the LM numbers, themselves. I am pretty resistant to sales pitches, placebo effects, and numbers taken in isolation. This club just seems special to me.

[quote name='games' timestamp='1431268262' post='11531704']
[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1431267060' post='11531650']
[/quote]

Thanks for replying! Seems the thread consensus is for the 10.5*. The hitting bay is 100 feet, so I had a good feel for the flight. It was surprisingly mid-high, and similar to my current setup (10.5* Adams Fast12 LS, Graf Blue Stiff). Maybe lower kickpoint of the stock TFC419D shaft (Ping blue) was offsetting the lower-loft head. Again, my enthusiasm for the club is the comparative results versus other clubs tried, and not the LM numbers, themselves. I am pretty resistant to sales pitches, placebo effects, and numbers taken in isolation. This club just seems special to me.
[/quote]

It's adjustable so you've got options either way IMO. Great club, I hit a lot outdoors on trackman and every time it was the best.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='chershey' timestamp='1431091530' post='11522231']
This year I decided to start looking at some new drivers to see if I liked anything as much as my Ping Anser. I went to Edwin Watts and hit several drivers. On their indoor golf simulator I seemed to be getting the best numbers from the Titleist 915 D2 in terms of distance and forgiveness, so I purchased that first. After a couple of range sessions and a round of golf I confirmed that I hit the Anser much better. I then went back and exchanged it for a Taylormade R15 that I was also getting good numbers from. I had the same issues when I got to the course. It just wasn't better my Anser. I was allowed one more exchange, so I decided to get a G30 LST even though the numbers indoors weren't great. All I can say now is wow! The G30 LST is a bomber and seems to be finding more fairways than the Anser. I think I finally have a winner. It just goes to show that the only way to really tell if you like a club is to take it out to the course. Hitting indoors does nothing for me. I think I have issues loosening up and just swinging in those places. Maybe demo days are the answer for the future but for right now I'm really happy with what I'm seeing from the G30 LST. I better be since I'm not allowed any more exchanges.
[/quote]

Interesting about finding more fairways than the Anser. How did the distance between the two compare?

[quote name='rhino305' timestamp='1431279864' post='11532442']
I tend to hit shots more toward the heel. About 1cm to the right of the sweet spot pretty much every time.

Would this club be of any benefit since it is weighted more toward the heel?
[/quote]

If i'm not mistaken, it's a sign of heavy shaft. Check with a clubfitter though.

DRIVER: TITLEIST 913D2 10.5*
WOOD: TITLEIST 913FD 18*
HYBRID: TITLEIST 913H 24*, PING G10 24*
IRON: WILSON FG62 5-P
WEDGE: TITLEIST VOKEY SM5 50*, 54*, 58*
PUTTER: SCOTTY CAMERON SQUAREBACK (buzz off GOLO)
BAG: TAYLORMADE CART BAG

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1431285789' post='11532834']
I wonder why there have been so many for sale on BST......No, this is not a wise a$$ comment......I own one myself.
[/quote]

I think some are flipping them for some cash.

The G30 LS has now reached "WRX'er Cult" club status. (I think, anyway)

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

-Too much to ignore-

I have been gaming the same driver for the past 3 years (Callaway RZR Fit 8.5 Aldila Trinity 65x) not with out trying to replace it, just have yet to justify spending $300-$500 for 5 yards more distance. I almost considered the SLDR last year, but it was just too unpredictable in direction for me. I went in again this yr and jumped on the Trackman with some tournament winnings burning a hole in my pocket. Granted I was tunnel visioned and had my eyes set on the Alpha DBD and R15.

I am a .7 handi with an average swing speed of 117 and my transition falls under the ex baseball player (compact with a fast initial move). After more than a few swings the numbers were good enough to pull the trigger on the Callaway DBD with the KURO MSI 110 x. Not having the driver and shaft in stock, they let me take the demo for the weekend for a tournament. Long story short...this shaft was not for me. Loved the feel of the head, but the shaft acted like it was completely different on course. After 3 straight hooks I never bothered with it again.

A day later I went back and canceled the DBD order and the fitter handed me the Ping G30 LST with the tour 65 x in a 9.0 head. My #'s had me VERY skeptical (117-118 swing speed, 170 ball speed, 290-300 carry and 310-330 total distance). My launch angle was on the low side so I ordered the 10.5 with the tour 65 x without question since they did not have a 10.5 in stock b/c of damage to the demo.

4 days later I received the club and I hit on a live range where large fir trees line the end of the hitting area at 275 yds. I was bouncing range balls off them 1/3 of the way up the tree. My only gripe thus far was the SOUND. Obnoxiously and Embarrassingly loud. I felt like I had finally found my new gamer, but I would have to hand out ear protection to anyone within 2 holes distance of me. I read up on wrx forums and was steered towards an idea. Instead of yarn or cotton, I cut about 1/8th of a plastic grocery bag and twisted it in the small hole of the weight port right before my first round with the club.

I hit about 8 drives on the range with it and the club sounds completely different and in perception feel has changed for the better as well. It feels even more solid at impact.

On course...this thing is scary lonnnnng. I am usually not lacking in distance off the tee, but this thing is silly. I missed a couple fairways as I became use to the club, but nothing radical. Once I honed it in, I was able to work the ball both ways, but man this thing really wants to go straight. I ended up carding a 69 and this club has a lot to do with it.

I can't say enough good things about this club now. I know honeymoon phases and psychological gimmicks, this club is FAR from it. Bottom line, if you fall into the right swing type, this club is super long if set up properly. It almost feels like cheating when you really catch one. If you take the jump, just buy some ear plugs or take the time to place some sort of material in the head to mute the sound.

Hope this helps a small bit if anyone is on the fence out there.