2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Find me on the EagleGrint to see how I played.

this is what's known as a tease. well played. ;)

sidenote: i know i said i was sending out tee times for TRU today, but it obviously didn't happen. need to confirm a couple things and then will send an email out, along with the tournament details. this will happen likely monday am. thanks.

How am I supposed to prepare to play with random dudes from the internet I never met before if I don't know who I am playing with?!

sidenote: i know i said i was sending out tee times for TRU today, but it obviously didn't happen. need to confirm a couple things and then will send an email out, along with the tournament details. this will happen likely monday am. thanks.

How am I supposed to prepare to play with random dudes from the internet I never met before if I don't know who I am playing with?!

Rub one out and have some pancakes.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Does anyone know when hobbits aerated their practice green?

Hobbits?

I don't think they have. I think they're aerating everything starting may 1st.

They're getting Po on all their greens. There's Po all over Waverly too. Was talking to a guy out there yesterday and he said the only thing that really takes care of it is heat.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Cool. Assume that means you'll use today''s hcp update.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Hobbits?

They're getting Po on all their greens. There's Po all over Waverly too. Was talking to a guy out there yesterday and he said the only thing that really takes care of it is heat.

Thanks.

Sully hobbits is the closest course to my house so sometimes if I'm just going to putt a bit and maybe hit some bunker shots I go there to practice. My speed needs work.

Hobbits?

Truth. It's bad in april/may, gone from June-Sept, back in the fall.

There was supposedly some sort of Po Juice that was going to kill it and not touch bent grass, Piedmont got some last year. They just eventually closed the one green they used it on and replaced the entire thing.

Po Juice.

Is anyone else having a problem where the board keeps switching back to the full version on mobile?

Why are the greens at hobbits so fast? The practice green was firm and fast today. I have to think that slower greens would help most of the players there. Don't get me wrong the greens seemed amazing but just maybe not the best thing?

Is anyone else having a problem where the board keeps switching back to the full version on mobile?

Why are the greens at hobbits so fast? The practice green was firm and fast today. I have to think that slower greens would help most of the players there. Don't get me wrong the greens seemed amazing but just maybe not the best thing?

Yes it's been switching mine, kind of relieved thought my phone screwing up.

Yes it's been switching mine, kind of relieved thought my phone screwing up.

I've had the same issue on my iPhone and haven't figured out how to fix it from switching modes.

No. But I love that anyone would be serious enough about golf to ask if a practice green was aerated.

Um, wut? Totally legit question. Nothing more annoying than going somewhere to practice putting, only to find the green is aerated.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Its just a question that a non-serious player would never think to ask.

Hobbits greens are firm, fast, and true right now. They won't be better at any point this season. Last year, they aerified in one form or another seemingly endlessly after the first punch.

The practice greens sits up on the highest point of the course with no tree cover catching heat and wind. It tends to be a bit former and faster than the course, especially in the afternoon.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

I had at 12:10 tee time for DCGT, and when I got home at 20:30 my wife apologized for rushing me.

pulled up to a red light.

Looking on my windshield, not a food bag in sight.

Ftr, I haven't gotten on the site from my phone lately, but on my tablet, the site used to default to "full" and now it's bringing up the mobile version. I think someone switched an if-then somewhere.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I think someone switched an if-then somewhere.

Bingo. My phone is defaulting to the full page, while my desktops are defaulting to the mobile page.

Ditto... frustrating, at times.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Another awesome DCGT event put on yesterday by Eagle/company. If you havent been out to one of these and you dont have/want a little bit of tournament experience - what are you waiting for? Do it, much good times.

Sully and I teamed up for a team -2 but unfortunately we couldnt hit one single putt outside of 6 feet on the front. Played pretty well on the back with 3 birdies. It was great to have Sully hitting first all day since most of the time he was hitting something playable. On 9/10/11/12 yesterday I hit maybe 4 of my best drives of the year with the driver, thanks in no small part to him hitting playable drives. He also made 4 or 5 great putts for the team which really helped the cause. The single lengths were great again, second full round with them and loved them even more.

MTN/MVP were a blast to play with. Sully definitely set them up for the last hole beer hustle though. After all 4 of us hit great drives on 18 Sully offered low score on 18 for beers. Sully hit one up on the green and then I stuffed a PW to 3 feet. Birdie = cold beers. Also had the Old Bay wings which were just perfectly cooked and are so delicious.

Course was in OK condition, greens really need a little more time to heal though. Played in 5 hours which was just brutal. Even with the time we spent looking for balls we still waited on the guys in front of us on 90% of the shots. Excruciating. But its sad to me to see what has happened at PoSho though. Used to be just acres and acres of woods and they are basically clearcutting anything they can to pack more houses and condos in. Sad to see these massive bald eagle nests in the one tiny patch of trees thats been left in the nearby area. I know its just the way it is but it really changes the character of the place to me. Once all the condos/houses are finished the place is really going to have a completely different feel.

Overall though, much fun. Again, if you think you want a little tournament experience, its the perfect way to go.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Yah, DC and I ham and egged it pretty good yesterday. I don't think either of us played fantastic, but we had a 70 (-2) that could have easily been a few strokes better. We were never it trouble at the same time, but also didn't make any significant putts for birdies. All in all those probably canceled out and we probably played to about our ability, no better or worse. I played pretty poor off the tee, but hit enough good approaches and putts to pull my weight.

My prediction on us finishing near the bottom of the top flight ended up accurate, and my prediction on 2 skins ended up being accurate.

I wouldn't say I conned or suckered MTN/CCMVP in to a bet. We were tied at -1 going in to 18, and all hit good drives in the fairway to the 100 yard marker. It was just too even to NOT bet something.

DC Tour tournament was a fun day. 5 1/2 hours out there was a bit painful but expected. Played ok but not great. We managed to finish 1st in the 1st flight somehow. We made zero putts all day outside of 6 feet. On 10 the other team hit their balls over the corner. Neither could find them. They dropped at the proper hazard line point and both hit into the left woods. They played the ball out and made a double. On the way down to the green they found one of the tee shots all the way left in the fairway in a swale. Nobody looked that far down the fairway for the original tee shot, must have been 360 off the tee. Shame we did not find it on the first look. Fun day nice to see internet guys again.

I kind of knew where you were going with that Kent. From the 3rd tee box on that hole, it's 260 or so to get to the lower fairway and if you land there, it's just going to run like h3ll.

What holes were the skins on?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green